We are preparing the agenda for our next call this Tuesday, please suggest any discussion topics or items that you'd like to share or see covered. This is your community and each one of you is empowered to bring up and lead topics.
Also, if you're attending the UN event tomorrow please reach out to me and let's see if we can meetup right after.
- Introductions: Who's new to the group or call?
- Review To Do items
- Survey: Finalize and distribute
- How to create an LFID and edit the Wiki
- Debate & Discussion: Dan Middleton, Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee Chair recently brought up the topic of accessibility in our mailing list. This is an oft neglected topic and perspective and it'd be great to engage this group in a discussion around it. What your thoughts? Experience? Questions? Here are a few related articles to peruse:
Miscellaneous: Share any comments, ideas, announcements, upcoming events.
- Blockchain Accessibility - The Importance of Digital Accessibility
- The Accessibility issue more people with disabilities should think about
- Bitcoin needs to be more accessible for the visually impaired
- The Secret World of Disabled Gamers
- Smart Cities could be lousy to live in if you have a disability
- Disability Rights Advocates Sue Sharks Over App Accessibility: The non-profit organization Disability Rights Advocates has filed a class action lawsuit against the NHL’s San Jose Sharks for the team’s failure to make the Sharks’ mobile app more accessible to fans with vision disabilities. Blind people typically interact with digital content via screen readers, but the Sharks’ mobile app is currently incompatible with both VoiceOver and TalkBack, the native iOS and Android screen readers, respectively, according to a DRA press release.
- Survey: Bobbi Muscara has made the changes we went over in the last call. The survey is ready to be sent out.
- How to create an LFID
- Debate & Discussion: >>moved to next call
- Miscellaneous: Share any comments, ideas, announcements, upcoming events.
- Pradeep Pentakota shared this event happening soon: #NASSCOM_Foundation is searching for the best #social_innovations from across India. If you think your company has a tech based innovation that can help change the social fabric of India, apply now for the #NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum 2019 at https://nasscomfoundation.org/nsif
https://nasscomfoundation.org/nsif. Last day to apply is June 9th!
- Matt Rosen will be at the Blockchain for Social Impact event June 10-11–anyone else? Reach out to Matt to meet in person
- Any attending UN Blockchain for Impact event on June 4th? Please reach out to Karen and we'll see if we can meet at the end of the day.
- Karen Ottoni will take final look at survey and discuss with Bobbi Muscara on when to send it out
- Marc Liberati suggested we create a library page for useful documents, Caine Smith can you help with this?
- Anyone attending these blockchain+impact events please share and invite attendees you meet to join our SIG (see SIG main page for the mailing list, call etc) and also please share on the following call any useful takeaways, projects, insights with the group
- @Matt Rosen please upload your TraceRx presentation here SI - Community Presentations
Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger
Karen L. Ottoni
hosted by The Linux Foundation
Mobile: +1 919 699 8905Website: http://hyperledger.org