Topics

Recap June 25th Meeting


Karen Ottoni
 

image.png
Hi Everyone,
 
Please find the notes from our last call on June 25th below and also on our wiki: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2019-06-25+Meeting+notes

We are preparing the agenda for our next call this Tuesday, please suggest any discussion topics or items that you'd like to share or see covered. The agenda is already set up here and anyone can add to it (just make sure you've set up your LFID in order to be able to edit). This is your community and each one of you is empowered to bring up and lead topics.

Also, we have recordings up from previous meetings that we were a little late in uploading, please check out these presentations from our community:

April 16th - Caine Smith, Ava Foundation, AVA platform empowers consumers to incorporate philanthropy into everyday activities by awarding AVA Coin for engagement 

June 11th - Laurie Henneborn, Accenture Research on accessibility and disability inclusion

June 25th

Meeting Recording

Attendees

Agenda and Notes


Item
Who
Notes

Item
Who
Notes

Introductions: Who's new to the group or call?

Call Leader

Review Outstanding Action Items

Call Leader

LFID: Quick review on how to set up, more detail here: Setting up an LFID

Adding to SI - SIG Directory

Karen

Survey: Need to draft email to send outKaren

Who would like to volunteer? Bobbi Muscarato draft


Other SIGS: What are they working on?

Supply Chain project proposals: SC-SIG Project Proposals

Public Sector Whitepaper

Healthcare Subgroups HC-SIG - Healthcare Interoperability SubgroupHC-SIG - Patient SubgroupHC-SIG - Payer Subgroup

Supply Chain Project Proposals SC-SIG Project Proposals

Identity WG Whitepaper


Karen

Reaching out to new membersTemplate Invitation to Join Hyperledger Social Impact Special Interest Group

KarenHow about each person send 2 emails before our next call inviting a new person to join our group?

Event report out: Anything to share from recent blockchain+impact events you've attended?

Anyone
  • Blockchain for Social Impact
    • Not a lot of NGOs represented
    • Emphasis on crypto philanthropy
    • Working group activities—brainstorming use cases in several sectors
    • Blockchain in latin america projects
  • InterAction Forum
    • CEO/COO of Ngos (Interact, usAID, Pact etc)
    • Innovation track–no discussion of blockchain
    • Big gap in operational/implementers and blockchain community
      • why? risk averse? not ready? what are the issues? too early?
      • not enterprise wide, most projects too early pilot stage
      • add into thinking of broader digitalisation efforts
    • >>Opportunity for us to act as bridge? What can we as a group do to make the value proposition clear

Libra Association Announcement: What is it? What does this intend to do? Who is involved and why? What does it mean for our sector? https://techcrunch.com/2019/06/18/facebook-libra/

Ran out of time, moved to the next call

Best wishes,
Karen

Karen L. Ottoni

Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger
hosted by The Linux Foundation
Mobile: +1 919 699 8905
Website: http://hyperledger.org