Topics

[External] Re: [Hyperledger social-impact-sig] Examples of successful blockchain projects

Alissa M Worley

Hi Karen - we have a few. Need to check permissions to speak about them. But I know Tony Chocolonley has been announced (slave free chocolate,) DHL (counterfeit drugs in the pharma supply chain), and Akshaya Patra (school lunches in India.) Will send more later and looking forward to seeing you tonight!

On Dec 4, 2018, at 2:35 PM, Karen Ottoni <kottoni@...> wrote:

Hi Stephen,

It's a press inquiry that is planning to release an article talking about blockchain project progress/lack thereof in international development. I'll see if I can find links to more information that details the success of those projects you mention. If you have any handy please share, as I need it by 5pm today.

Adding a tracker for projects is definitely something I would love for this group to work on, though I know it's being done in a few places. Perhaps we can connect with the Public Sector SIG on this because they have this tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14BPQIqnDUTyinkp9eJ7bwYwsg22RJz0AVU9vOSSU94o/edit#gid=1835238919

I will be at the Humanitarian Blockchain Summit. It will be great to meet your Sikka lead there, please connect us (and add him/her to this group!). Same for Kartuan Bele. Thanks!

Digital Chamber of Commerce is part of Hyperledger and they do great events, I encourage anyone to attend their summit, but yes they are specifically focused on US government and policy for the most part.

Best regards,
Karen

Karen L. Ottoni

Ecosystem Manager, Hyperledger
hosted by The Linux Foundation
Mobile: +1 919 699 8905
Website: http://hyperledger.org

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 2:12 PM Stephen Chiu <stephen_chiu@...> wrote:
Karen et al,
May I ask who or what the background for the inquiry? I was thinking that our group should compile that list of demonstrated blockchain projects... done both by our respective orgs, but also a review of all other/external blockchain projects done by others. Ideally our first collaborative project, if it hasnt started already.

WV has two blockchain projects underway w results. Sikka based in Nepal and Kartuan Bele based in Timor Leste.

Btw, if anyone is going to the Blockchain Humanitarian Summit in NY later this week, our Sikka lead will be available to share more in person. And if anyone is going to the Hyperledger GF in Basel next week, our Kartuan Bele lead will be there and available to share more in person. Just let me know and I can connect.

Finally, please do share other Blockchain events that might be relevant to our group. One of my WV colleagues from DC sent me this, but it seems more academic and government-focused.
https://digitalchamber.org/dc-blockchain-summit-2019/

Warm regards,
Steve

Majd, I would love to learn more about the Save project if/when you have time to present.

Stephen Chiu
Director, Global Treasury  l  World Vision International
Work: 626.305.7802 l  Mobile: 202.531.8154  l  Email: stephen_chiu@...  l  Skype: stephen_s_chiu
Address: 800 West Chestnut Avenue, Mail Stop 735, Monrovia, CA 91016, United States

From:        "Majd Andoni" <majd@...>
To:        "social-impact-sig@..." <social-impact-sig@...>
Date:        12/04/2018 08:29 AM
Subject:        Re: [Hyperledger social-impact-sig] Examples of successful blockchain projects
Sent by:        social-impact-sig@...

Hi Karen,

Let’s wait then until we finish the pilot and go through the UAT, then I’ll discuss with Save the Children the possibility of sharing information with the group.

Majd

Re: [Hyperledger social-impact-sig] Examples of successful blockchain projects

Thanks Majd for the super quick response! Examples I'm looking for are completed pilots, launches, etc. But if you can share information on this project, it would definitely be great to add it to our radar.

Best,

Karen

Karen L. Ottoni

Ecosystem Manager, Hyperledger

hosted by The Linux Foundation

Mobile: +1 919 699 8905

Website: http://hyperledger.org

Schedule a meeting

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 11:13 AM Majd Andoni <majd@...> wrote:

We have one here at Zeva that we developed for Save the Children US, but it is still in development phase. We are delivery a pilot by the end of this year. Does that work with you?

I still have to ask the customer (Save) if they are okay with sharing the information.

Majd

[Hyperledger social-impact-sig] Examples of successful blockchain projects

Hi Everyone,

We've gotten an inquiry on examples of proven/demonstrated success in a blockchain project in the international development space. If you know of any good ones to share, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Karen

Karen L. Ottoni

Ecosystem Manager, Hyperledger

hosted by The Linux Foundation

Mobile: +1 919 699 8905

Website: http://hyperledger.org

Schedule a meeting

www.accenture.com

Karen Ottoni

Thanks Alissa--It'd be great to get more information on these and discuss on our next call if we want to start tracking this in some way as a group.

The author did include a few of our examples which was nice to see.

Here's another site that also covered it, but I don't think they reached out to Hyperledger: https://futurism.com/tech-research-investigated-43-blockchain-startups/

I think it'd be great to discuss these in our next meeting as well and explore your reactions to it and what we as a group could do to support successful implementations of blockchain in the social impact arena.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 5:12 PM Alissa M Worley <alissa.worley@...> wrote:
[...]

caine@...

Hi Karen, and team

We do not have proven/ demonstrated project as yet but we do have several in the works as we are currently heads down in build mode.

The AVA Foundation is building the infrastructure and a unit of value for social impact applications.
We have around 10 different applications in the works, at various stages with the goal to continue to build on this number through 2019.

In addition to this, the foundation is going to be decentralized and governed by the community via our voting platform built on Sawtooth. As the foundation receives funding from the community rewards the foundation in turn makes donations to supported causes.
We have a number of beneficiary’s already onboard from Free the Slaves to the European nature trust.

We hope to bring social impact projects together by providing them the technology layer, thus saving them a huge amount of time and money by not having to develop on their own.

I would love to see if our foundation can help support our goals as a group in anyway, happy to provide any more information for anyone that’s interested.

Regards
Caine

On Dec 5, 2018, at 2:32 PM, Karen Ottoni <kottoni@...> wrote:

[...]

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.

www.accenture.com

Giulio.coppi@...

Hi!

Just checking: Is there any info anyone might share about 1)STC USA and Zeva 2) Kartuan Bele by WVI?

I'd love to hear more about it
Giulio