Dear SI-SIG Community,
Here is the agenda and meeting details for our next call:
As always, please feel free to engage outside of our calls on this mailing list, chat, or the wiki.
- Introductions: Who's new to the group or call? Let's get to know each other and what we're working on in the 'blockchain for impact' world
- How to create an LFID and edit the Wiki
- Survey: Finalize and distribute
- Debate & Discussion: Dan Middleton, Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee Chair recently brought up the topic of accessibility in our mailing list. This is an oft neglected topic and perspective and it'd be great to engage this group in a discussion around it. What your thoughts? Experience? Questions? Here are a few related articles to peruse:
- Blockchain Accessibility - The Importance of Digital Accessibility
- The Accessibility issue more people with disabilities should think about
- Bitcoin needs to be more accessible for the visually impaired
- The Secret World of Disabled Gamers
- Smart Cities could be lousy to live in if you have a disability
- Disability Rights Advocates Sue Sharks Over App Accessibility: The non-profit organization Disability Rights Advocates has filed a class action lawsuit against the NHL’s San Jose Sharks for the team’s failure to make the Sharks’ mobile app more accessible to fans with vision disabilities. Blind people typically interact with digital content via screen readers, but the Sharks’ mobile app is currently incompatible with both VoiceOver and TalkBack, the native iOS and Android screen readers, respectively, according to a DRA press release.
- Miscellaneous: Share any comments, ideas, announcements, upcoming events.
SI-SIG Key Info
Biweekly Tuesdays 10am EST/2pm GMT
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/6223336701
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,6223336701# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,6223336701# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
+1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 622 333 6701
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/bFAkRFwOg
Here is how you can get the calendar invite added to your personal calendar:
2. Find the next Social Impact SIG meeting, click on it and you'll see a link "copy to my calendar", click on that link and it will open a separate window or download the invite. If you have any questions, let me know.
Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger
Karen L. Ottoni
hosted by The Linux Foundation
Mobile: +1 919 699 8905Website: http://hyperledger.org