Date

Agenda for mtg Tuesday November 24th at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the last minute email. The meeting agenda for the Hyperledger Social Impact Special Interest Group call is here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020-11-24+Meeting+notes

The Vice-Chair position for the Social Impact Special Interest Group is open. We'll be discussing the opening and looking to see who would like to fill the role. In addition, December is Social Impact month at Hyperledger. We'll be reviewing some upcoming activities for the month of December.

Thanks,
Nancy

--------------
Meeting details:

When:
Tuesday, November 24th, 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada) (EDT)
Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09
Organizer:
Hyperledger Community Meetings
Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Agenda for mtg Tuesday November 10th at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Hello everyone,

The meeting agenda for the Hyperledger Social Impact Special Interest Group call is here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020-11-10+Meeting+Agenda

We will be using our time for this week to continue working on the blog post series around the State of Social Impact Ecosystem.  Please feel free to join our discussion. Here's an ongoing draft: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/State+of+Social+Impact+Ecosystem%3A+Pandemic+Edition

Thanks,
Nancy

--------------
Meeting details:

When:
Tuesday, November 10th, 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada) (EDT)
Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09
Organizer:
Hyperledger Community Meetings
Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Re: Helping community projects connect with potential corporates and/or organizations across the world!

Nancy Min

Hi Adrian,

Great, our next meeting will be held on November 10th at 10am EST. The meeting details are below:

When:

Tuesday, November 10th, 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada) (EDT)

Where:

https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Meeting ID: 622 333 6701
Passcode: 475869

See you there!

Nancy

From: <social-impact-sig@...> on behalf of "Adrian Avendano via lists.hyperledger.org" <adrian.mont=gmail.com@...>
Date: Friday, October 30, 2020 at 4:40 AM
To: "social-impact-sig@..." <social-impact-sig@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Social Impact SIG] Helping community projects connect with potential corporates and/or organizations across the world!

Hey Nancy,

Thanks for the message! Yes, that would be good and engage the projects from this community. When is your next meeting?

Looking forward to it.!

Re: Helping community projects connect with potential corporates and/or organizations across the world!

Adrian Avendano

Hey Nancy,

Thanks for the message! Yes, that would be good and engage the projects from this community. When is your next meeting?

Looking forward to it.!

Re: Meeting recap for Tuesday Oct 27 at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Hello all,

Thanks to Ravi Jagannathan and Akshaya Ravi from KrypC for presenting to the community on the empowering social impact projects they are working on. The meeting recording and notes are up on our wiki page: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020-10-27+meeting+Agenda

Thanks,
Nancy

Re: Helping community projects connect with potential corporates and/or organizations across the world!

Nancy Min

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for reaching out to the SI-SIG community. Would you be interested in presenting at one of our upcoming meeting the work your team is doing?

Thanks,
Nancy

Helping community projects connect with potential corporates and/or organizations across the world!

Adrian Avendano

Hi everyone,

My name is Adrian founder of GST. We are a global tech community in 35+ countries and we have partnered with the Hyperledger community in the past to make connections worldwide.

I just had a chat with David Boswell, and he mentioned you guys are doing webinars for the community and present projects and/or startups relating to Social impact blockchain solutions.

Now, I’m reaching out because we are interested in helping those projects connect with the right partners in multiple new markets for the purpose of scaling up, finding sales, and distribution channels.

We do this through a matching engine by matching real-world organizational problems with solutions. We would love and get more data on those projects here. Check out this post https://medium.com/globalsouthtech/looking-for-teams-startups-and-projects-to-help-them-scale-up-bce9497eadfa

I would love to engage further with this group and explore collaborations if any comments please just let me know

Thanks a lot

Adrian

Correction: Meeting agenda for Tuesday Oct 27 at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Hello all,

We will have Ravi Jagannathan, CEO of Krypc joining us today to discuss deployment of a blockchain loyalty and gift card wallet project with Netherlands Company Fair Chain.

Here is our meeting agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020-10-27+meeting+Agenda

Cheers,
Nancy Min

-------------
Meeting call in information:

When: Tuesday, October 27th, 2020 10:00am to 11:00am (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada) (EDT)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Meeting agenda for Tuesday Oct 27 at 10am EST and Recap for Oct 13th

Nancy Min

Hello all,

For our upcoming meeting on Tuesday October 27th at 10am EST, we will have Akshaya Ravi from Krypc joining us to discuss their deployment of a blockchain loyalty and gift card wallet project with Netherlands Company Fair Chain.

Here is our meeting agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020-10-27+meeting+Agenda

Here is our meeting recap from our October 13th meeting:https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020-10-13+Meeting+Agenda

Cheers,
Nancy Min

-------------
Meeting call in information:

When: Tuesday, October 27th, 2020 10:00am to 11:00am (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada) (EDT)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Agenda for mtg Tuesday October 13th at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Hello everyone,

The meeting agenda for the Hyperledger Social Impact Special Interest Group call is here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020-10-13+Meeting+Agenda

As discussed in our last meeting, we will be launching a blog post series around the State of Social Impact Ecosystem. This week we will use our time as a working session. Please feel free to join our discussion. Here's an ongoing draft: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/State+of+Social+Impact+Ecosystem%3A+Pandemic+Edition

Thanks,
Nancy

--------------
Meeting details:

When:
Tuesday, October 13th, 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada) (EDT)
Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09
Organizer:
Hyperledger Community Meetings
Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Re: Agenda for mtg Tuesday September 29th at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Hello all,

Thank you for participating in our last call. If you missed the meeting, please check out the meeting notes/recordings here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020-09-29+Meeting+Agenda

Zoom has updated our meeting venue and our call in details has been changed. Please use the meeting information below to dial into our bi-weekly calls.

Hyperledger Social Impact SIG

When:
Tuesday, 4 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Tuesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Organizer: Hyperledger Community Meetings

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Thanks,
Nancy

Updated Event: Hyperledger Social Impact SIG #cal-invite

social-impact-sig@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <social-impact-sig@...>

Hyperledger Social Impact SIG

When:
Tuesday, 4 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Tuesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Organizer: Hyperledger Community Meetings

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Meeting ID: 622 333 6701
Passcode: 475869

Agenda for mtg Tuesday September 29th at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Hello all,

The meeting agenda for our next meeting on September 29th at 10am EST is available: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020-09-29+Meeting+Agenda.

Bobbi Muscara will be leading a discussion on the upcoming Government Blockchain Association Social Impact award and walking through the application process.

Feel free to add items to the agenda.

Cheers,
Nancy Min
----
Call in information:

When: Tuesday, September 29th, 2020 10:00am to 11:00am (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada) (EDT)

Where: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Hyperledger Community Meetings

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,6223336701# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,6223336701# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
+1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 622 333 6701
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/bFAkRFwOg

Recap for mtg Tuesday September 15th at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Good morning,

Thank you to Bobbi Muscara for presenting an overview of the Government Blockchain Association's Annual Award for Social Impact that will be held in March of 2021. If you are interested in applying to the Social Impact award, please join our next call for an in depth review on the application process. The meeting notes and recording are available on our wikipage: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020+09+15+Meeting+Agenda

Thanks,
Nancy

Agenda for mtg Tuesday September 15th at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Good afternoon,

Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday September 15th at 10am EST featuring Bobbi Muscara and Marc Liberati. They will be speaking about upcoming events in the blockchain for social good. We will also resume our discussion on the SIG blog post State of Social Impact Blog Post: Pandemic Edition.

The meeting agenda is available here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020+09+15+Meeting+Agenda Please feel free to add to the agenda.

All the best,
Nancy Min

Re: Recap for mtg Tuesday September 1st at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Good afternoon,

Thank you all for joining our discussion today. The meeting notes and recording are available on our wikipage: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020+09+01+Meeting+Agenda

Best,
Nancy

Agenda for mtg Tuesday September 1st at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Good morning!

Hope you all have had a great weekend. Our next meeting will be held tomorrow Tuesday September 1st at 10am EST. We'll be resuming our discussions around SIG work products and planning out activities for the fall. The meeting agenda is available here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020+09+01+Meeting+Agenda Please feel free to add items to the agenda.

All the best,
Nancy

Re: Presentation

Nancy Min

Hi Juan,

Welcome to the SIG! We’re looking forward to hearing more about the work your team is doing for social good. We have a community presentation sign up list, https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/SI+-+Community+Presentations. Take a look at the upcoming date and feel free to note which date works best for you. We are also resuming our bi-weekly meeting on September 1st at 10am EST, if you can, jump on and we can introduce you to the community!

Let us know what works best you.

Best,

Nancy

From: <social-impact-sig@...> on behalf of "ecofintech via lists.hyperledger.org" <ecofintech=protonmail.ch@...>
Date: Saturday, August 15, 2020 at 9:58 PM
To: "social-impact-sig@..." <social-impact-sig@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger Social Impact SIG] Presentation

Dear SIG community,

I'm Juan Torroba, project manager at Ecofintech Coop. We are a group of activists in social economy networks with more than 10 years of experience specially in Spain/Catalonia and around projects like CIC (Cooperativa Integral Catalana) and Faircoop, having already members that are cooperatives.
We focussed since some years ago in a research and development of a completly different approach, and started to discuss about a way to build a platform for social economy using blockchian technologies and learning about past mistakes from our projects and away of problems we identify in the current blockchain scene.

Yo can take a look at our website ecofintech.coop and our blog ecofintech.noblogs.org. We have the project little stopped, but we still active in our Telegram groups. We have a specific grouo "Crypto-academy" for spreading ideas and study the technology, because we see important that all participants have aces to knowledge and to avoid to have a specialized core team taking decissions. That is mayeb one of the mani reasons we are stopped until we decide in which direction to continue.

Our approach for social economy would be, from Ecofintech Coop development team to form a form of DAO kind of cooperative. More interested in models like DisCO and OVNs, were we are partnered with Sensorica from Montreal. From this kind of technical team, to be able to develop what we called "Confoederatio Platform". The concept idea was presented to LEDGER Project prize, being one of the several finalist projects. You can see details here:
https://ecofintech.noblogs.org/post/2019/06/03/finalists-for-ledger-project-fund/
We have more experiments in social cryptoeconomy and token design.

And around Confoederatio we developed a "think tank" and social media group with more "oberser" participants that are folowing teh project, trying to create cohesion under some common policial ideas. We noticed that it is themain fundamentals for building any social economy project to have a common approach and aims, and our political economy affinity is being build arpund the wider ideas of mutualism, social ecology and democratic confederalism. Keeping study and discussions around a widers field of politics and economic theory.
https://confoederatio.noblogs.org/

So, this is our trajectory until now, from an specific small fintech cooperative team with a propossal for building Confoederatio Platform with a few pilot projects that are already existing producer cooperatives, (between other initiatives we have already running around open technologies); and merging with a wider community that is approaching this initiative due to political affinity of curiosity. Also in relation with different partners, but all our project at this point still on research and concept phase, and suitable to redesign and adaptation to new ideas.

At the point we are, and after a lot of research and testing of different technologies, we are arriving to Hyperledger like the most interesting technology for our purposses, instead of other options like the ones you can see in our old-dated papers (we were close to start the first prototype over RSK).
I already have a proof of concept using Hyperkedger for CES systems, that was presented for a task in the context of a university master:
https://github.com/ecofintech/Proof-Concept-Presentacion-Hyperledger-Redes-Economias-Sociales/wiki/Prueba-de-Concepto-Hyperledger-en-Redes-Economia-Social
There you can find a link to the video presentation and a map of social economy projects made with our colleagues of komun.org, anothe partner project.

We would like to receive feedback from your community and to build contact links, and eventually to find a way to collaborate. We have the roadmap for being able to launch before end of year a revisited design of all the concept, a simplification of the propossal and to develop the first prototype.

Kind regards and thanks for your time

Juan Torroba

Ecofintech Coop/Confoederatio

Cancelled Event: Hyperledger Social Impact SIG - Tuesday, 18 August 2020 #cal-cancelled

social-impact-sig@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <social-impact-sig@...>

Cancelled: Hyperledger Social Impact SIG

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 18 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Hyperledger Community Meetings

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,6223336701# US (San Jose)