Date

Confirming Email & Account

Christie@...

Hi

Just confirming my email address and subscription to the mail etc...

Thanks!

Christie

Re: Confirming Email & Account

Karen Ottoni

Yep it worked :)

Karen L. Ottoni

Ecosystem Manager, Hyperledger
hosted by The Linux Foundation
Mobile: +1 919 699 8905
Website: http://hyperledger.org

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 4:20 PM, Christie Chirinos <Christie@...> wrote:
Hi

Just confirming my email address and subscription to the mail etc...

Thanks!

Christie

[public-sector-wg] Call THIS FRIDAY - FLEET Management on blockchain - UN

Karen Ottoni

Hi Social Impact WG,

I wanted to share with you two sessions coming up at our Hyperledger Global Forum that may be interesting to this group and you can see the discussion that the Public Sector WG is having on potential questions below:

2. Group input - Questions for Panelists at Hyperledger Global Forum
We have two Public Sector themed panels presenting at the Global Forum in Basel this December. Let's develop a list of possible questions for discussion, so that we can be sure that the presentations reflect the knowledge and interests of our group. (This and #3 were on last call's agenda, but we went right up to time with the presentation, so have forwarded these agenda points.)

Hyperledger and the Global South
Countries around the world struggle with canker of patronage political culture, political party supporters are rewarded with contracts to build roads, schools, hospitals. In the vein of recouping 'expenses', these contractors cut costs. The result is a case of poorly constructed roads, inadequate facilities and the consequent deaths in hospitals, dysfunctional school systems and numerous road accidents. Global South is really pioneering in extended use of enterprise grade blockchain solutions in governmental processes to promote transparency and accountability. From integration of Brazilian banks to maximize identification of banknote exchange opportunities, to coffee trading in Africa there is no limit to Blockchain innovation. Metropolis as the World Association of Large Metropolis has 138 member metropolitan regions around 5 continents. Out of them 69 are already using the technology in 255 projects! Lets discuss how Global South utilizes Blockchain, strategic guidelines for the development of DLT applications to solve particular urban issues of citizenship and democracy, land and real estate markets, infrastructure and public services, exchanges of total values -financial and non financial-, governance and finance

Panel: Citizens and Blockchain
Blockchain brings an opportunity for improvement of efficiency, industry creation and allows the innovators to become global leaders in the space. But what are the challenges of governments implementing large scale blockchain projects for improved citizen relations? Attendees will gain insights into how public sector looks at decentralized identity and and the future of  distributed ledgers. We will hear about the main obstacles people in latin american countries usually have to surpass when trying to develop software using cutting-edge technologies as well as the benefits these communities have brought to marginalized sectors of the country. We will also have a unique opportunity to discuss the Smart Dubai initiative and it has been improving citizen stories to reach the goal of having everything on a blockchain by 2020. Can we create Citizens-as-a-Service? Saudi Arabia archives a National Census on a Permissionless Blockchain

Best,
Karen

From:        "Majd Andoni" <majd@...>
To:        "social-impact-sig@..." <social-impact-sig@...>
Date:        12/04/2018 08:29 AM
Sent by:        social-impact-sig@...

[...]

Hi Stephen,

It's a press inquiry that is planning to release an article talking about blockchain project progress/lack thereof in international development. I'll see if I can find links to more information that details the success of those projects you mention. If you have any handy please share, as I need it by 5pm today.

Adding a tracker for projects is definitely something I would love for this group to work on, though I know it's being done in a few places. Perhaps we can connect with the Public Sector SIG on this because they have this tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14BPQIqnDUTyinkp9eJ7bwYwsg22RJz0AVU9vOSSU94o/edit#gid=1835238919

I will be at the Humanitarian Blockchain Summit. It will be great to meet your Sikka lead there, please connect us (and add him/her to this group!). Same for Kartuan Bele. Thanks!

Digital Chamber of Commerce is part of Hyperledger and they do great events, I encourage anyone to attend their summit, but yes they are specifically focused on US government and policy for the most part.

Best regards,

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 2:12 PM Stephen Chiu <stephen_chiu@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: [External] Re: [Hyperledger social-impact-sig] Examples of successful blockchain projects

Alissa M Worley

Hi Karen - we have a few. Need to check permissions to speak about them. But I know Tony Chocolonley has been announced (slave free chocolate,) DHL (counterfeit drugs in the pharma supply chain), and Akshaya Patra (school lunches in India.) Will send more later and looking forward to seeing you tonight!

On Dec 4, 2018, at 2:35 PM, Karen Ottoni <kottoni@...> wrote:

[...]

www.accenture.com

PLEASE RESPOND: Social Impact SIG -- Bi-Monthly Meeting Schedule

Alissa M Worley

Hi all – I hope you’re well and getting ready for the holidays! Beginning in early 2019, we’ll be kicking off our bi-monthly meetings for the Social Impact SIG. Please vote for the day and time that is likely to work best for you going forward. We will be promoting the group beginning on Friday so please respond to the poll in the following link by EOD Thursday, December 6: https://doodle.com/poll/ztshe2h9iy8niedk

Questions? Please shoot me an email.

Have a fantastic holiday season and looking forward to getting to work in 2019!

Cheers,

Alissa

Alissa Worley | Marketing Director | Blockchain & DLT

Phone: (917) 446-0814 | E-mail: alissa.worley@...

Accenture

Accenture LinkedIn

Accenture Twitter