Date
SI-SIG mtg August 18 at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Hello all,

With the summer coming to a close, we are cancelling our August SI-SIG meetings as folks go on vacation. We will reconvene on September 1st at 10am EST! Please take a look at our draft meeting agenda and feel free to include discussion items. If anything comes up in the meantime, send an email to the mailing list.

All the best,
Nancy

Cancelled Event: Hyperledger Social Impact SIG - Tuesday, 4 August 2020 #cal-cancelled

social-impact-sig@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <social-impact-sig@...>

Cancelled: Hyperledger Social Impact SIG

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 4 August 2020
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Organizer: Hyperledger Community Meetings

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,6223336701# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,6223336701# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
+1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 622 333 6701
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/bFAkRFwOg

UNICEF Funding opportunity, deadline in 3 days

Brian Behlendorf

Sorry if my subject line sounded a bit scammy! But this is legit and interesting and I thought the members of both the Social Impact and Public Sector SIGs would be interested.

From https://www.unicef.org/innovation/applyBlockchainCrypto:

Deadline: July 26, 2020

**Female-founded start-ups are encouraged to apply

The UNICEF Innovation Fund is looking to make up to $100K equity-free investments (in USD and/or cryptocurrency) to provide early stage (seed) financing and mentoring to for-profit technology startups that have the potential to benefit humanity.  Applicants have the opportunity to receive a portion of funding in cryptocurrency (bitcoin or ether) through our recently launched CryptoFund. Given the current global climate and a dramatic shift to a digital world as a result of COVID-19, open-source solutions that address critical needs for society are as important as ever.

If you have a start-up registered in one of UNICEF’s programme countries and have a working, open source blockchain prototype (or you are willing to make it open-source) showing promising results, we are looking for you.

Re: Recap for mtg Tuesday 7/21 at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Hello all,

Thank you to Kaustubh and Vinay from Pyse for their presentation on Impact Fractionalisation.

The meeting notes and recordings are available: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020+07+21+Meeting+Agenda

Thanks,
Nancy

Agenda for mtg Tuesday 7/21 at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Good afternoon,

The meeting agenda for our meeting on Tuesday 7/21 at 10am EST is available: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020+07+21+Meeting+Agenda. Feel free to add to the agenda.

This meeting will feature a presentation by Kaustubh Padakannaya from Pyse on Impact Fractionalisation.

Join us here: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup

Best

Nancy

Re: Recap for mtg Tues 7/7 at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Good morning,

The meeting notes are available on our wikipage: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020+07+07+Meeting+Agenda

Best,
Nancy

Agenda for mtg Tues 7/7 at 10am EST

Nancy Min

Good afternoon,

The meeting agenda for our meeting on Tuesday 7/7 at 10am EST is available: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020+07+07+Meeting+Agenda. Feel free to add to the agenda.

This meeting will continue our discussion on special topic: Racial injustice and how blockchain technology can make an impact and feature a community presentation from Sempo.

Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Cheers,
Nancy

Re: Agenda for mtg Tues 6/23 @10am EST

Nancy Min

Hi Javier,

Yes, the meeting was recorded. The recording is available in the meeting notes: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020+06+23+Meeting+Agenda

Best,
Nancy

Re: Recap of mtg Tues 6/23 @10am EST

Nancy Min

Hello all,

Please find the meeting notes and recordings here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/SISIG/2020+06+23+Meeting+Agenda

Cheers,
Nancy

Re: Agenda for mtg Tues 6/23 @10am EST

Javier Salomón

Hi! Sorry, I missed the meeting. It was recorded?

Javier