#Reposting : Sawtooth Distro for Windows and Mac? #reposting

redbulb.star@...

Hello everyone ,

#Reposting

I have learned that the Sawtooth provides Ubuntu distro for running full nodes and the windows and mac nodes can be run through docker containers. So is it true that we cannot give mac and wins user to run full nodes in their system? Is the only option ,to give the users the (wallet) package which they can install and will be connected to the managing nodes (admin nodes) through API's?

Also want to add , When will be the distro for Windows and Mac be available for the users?

Kindly help me!

Good Day!

Middleton, Dan <dan.middleton@...>

Hi,

You are correct that the only official build is for ubuntu. Builds for other linux distros should be pretty straight forward. I believe there’s utilities to port debs to rpms for example.

Several people developing on sawtooth work on macos. Maybe one of them could make some suggestions for customizing your local build?

There are no plans in the community right now to build the validator for mac or windows.

Incidentally, I think in most cases you’ll want to deploy the validators on server hardware with fast disks.

Clients interacting with the network can be on essentially any platform. You develop those with the SDKs so you can find the right build process for the applications that you develop.

Cheers,
Dan