Date

No PSWG call today

mark wagner

--
Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc

Proposed Hyperledger PSWG Agenda for Tuesday 14-June-2020, 9 AM EDT, 13.00 UTC

mark wagner

Hi

To view the official calendar invite please go here:

As a reminder, the call is open to everyone and all are encouraged to attend. You do not need to be a member of Hyperledger to participate.

We will use the Zoom number -  https://zoom.us/j/4034983298

Topics we should cover:

1) Antitrust notice -- Please make sure you are in compliance with the notice before the meeting

2) Welcome  / introductions for new folks on the call

3) Folks from Xilinx will join us to have an informal discussion of their work to improve the performance of Hyperledger Fabric. The main goal will be to discuss their upcoming proposal to contribute their work to the community as a Hyperledger Lab.

4) So we need to decide if we want to keep this group active or go into hibernation.
What are peoples thoughts ?
If we keep going what should we be doing ?

For instance we seem to get lots of questions on the mailing list and rocketchat about different issues with Hyperledger Fabric and Performance.

--
Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc

Fw: Tomorrow's call of the CMSIG

VIPIN BHARATHAN

This session might be of interest to members of the performance and scale working group...

From: Lande Yogita Bhaskarrao <LB00470913@...>
Date: Tue, May 19, 2020 at 11:45 AM
To: perf-and-scale-wg@... <perf-and-scale-wg@...>
Cc: Yogita Lande <yogita.lande@...>

Dear Team,

We are getting below error, while trying Caliper version 0.3.0 in round 3.

Could you please advise whether all the transactions should pass and there shouldn’t be any failure.

Please do let me know if more information is required.

Thanks and Regards,

Yogita

============================================================================================================================ Disclaimer: This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra. ============================================================================================================================

----------
From: Lande Yogita Bhaskarrao <LB00470913@...>
Date: Tue, May 19, 2020 at 11:47 AM
To: perf-and-scale-wg+help@... <perf-and-scale-wg+help@...>
Cc: Yogita Lande <yogita.lande@...>

Caliper error - help

susmitha dommeti

Hi

I am facing an isuue while i was running the below command:

npx caliper launch master \
    --caliper-workspace . \
    --caliper-benchconfig benchmarks/scenario/simple/config.yaml \
    --caliper-networkconfig networks/fabric/fabric-v1.4.1/2org1peercouchdb_raft/fabric-go-tls-solo.yaml

Please find the attached error. Could you please advise in solving this issue.

Regards
Susmitha Dommeti

Re: MVCC Error Round 3 - Profile 2org1peergoleveldb

Ali Abdulaziz

------------------------

From: Lande Yogita Bhaskarrao <LB00470913@...>
Date: Tue, May 19, 2020 at 11:47 AM
To: perf-and-scale-wg+help@... <perf-and-scale-wg+help@...>
Cc: Yogita Lande <yogita.lande@...>

MVCC Error Round 3 - Profile 2org1peergoleveldb

Yogita Lande

Forwarded Conversation
------------------------

From: Lande Yogita Bhaskarrao <LB00470913@...>
Date: Tue, May 19, 2020 at 11:47 AM
To: perf-and-scale-wg+help@... <perf-and-scale-wg+help@...>
Cc: Yogita Lande <yogita.lande@...>

Proposed Hyperledger PSWG Agenda for Tuesday 19-May-2020, 9 AM EDT, 13.00 UTC

mark wagner

Hi

To view the official calendar invite please go here:

As a reminder, the call is open to everyone and all are encouraged to attend. You do not need to be a member of Hyperledger to participate.

We will use the Zoom number -  https://zoom.us/j/4034983298

Topics we should cover:

1) Antitrust notice -- Please make sure you are in compliance with the notice before the meeting

2) Welcome  / introductions for new folks on the call

3) A discussion with Alfonso on his work at Telefonica.

We have been working for some months now in doing a performance evaluation of Fabric infrastructures. We were planning to share our results in this year's Hyperledger Global Summit but we didn't have the chance, so we decided to write a series of articles in my weekly newsletter to share our learnings with the community.

Hope to see you there!

--
Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc

Re: Performance Best Practices in Hyperledger Fabric Series and Meetup

mark wagner

Hi

Would you be interested in joining us on a call of the Hyperledger Performance and Scale Working Group to discuss this work ?

Our next call is Tues May 19 at 9 AM EDT (13.00 UTC) ?

If you have a presentation that you want to share that would great, but we can also just get together and talk.

-mark

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 11:09 AM ALFONSO DE LA ROCHA GOMEZ-AREVALILLO <alfonso.delarochagomez@...> wrote:

Hi, everyone.

This is Alfonso de la Rocha from Telefónica. We have been working for some months now in doing a performance evaluation of Fabric infrastructures. We were planning to share our results in this year's Hyperledger Global Summit but we didn't have the chance, so we decided to write a series of articles in my weekly newsletter to share our learnings with the community.

Additionally, in case it is of your interest, we are also having a virtual meetup tomorrow where we will be sharing some of our results, and our friends from DT will talk about their telco Fabric-based solution they are moving into production.

The link of the meetup: https://www.meetup.com/es-ES/Hyperledger-Madrid/events/270078655/

I really hope you find all of this content useful, and any feedback or suggestion you may have is more than welcome.

Alfonso de la Rocha

@adlrocha

Este mensaje y sus adjuntos se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario, puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial y es para uso exclusivo de la persona o entidad de destino. Si no es usted. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización puede estar prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

The information contained in this transmission is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error and then delete it.

Esta mensagem e seus anexos se dirigem exclusivamente ao seu destinatário, pode conter informação privilegiada ou confidencial e é para uso exclusivo da pessoa ou entidade de destino. Se não é vossa senhoria o destinatário indicado, fica notificado de que a leitura, utilização, divulgação e/ou cópia sem autorização pode estar proibida em virtude da legislação vigente. Se recebeu esta mensagem por erro, rogamos-lhe que nos o comunique imediatamente por esta mesma via e proceda a sua destruição

[...]

Your How to Get Involved Video is available.

Marta Piekarska

Dear Members,
as you may have seen we released How to Contribute videos for each SIG and WG.
Your video is here: https://youtu.be/uj5ETVYS_8E

Please share in your community, tweet and tell the world to get involved. I would also encourage you to link to the video on your wiki.

Have a great day

Re: Performance Best Practices in Hyperledger Fabric Series and Meetup

Harish Sukhwani

(Updating links)

Hi Alfonso, thanks for sharing this awesome series of articles.

Thought of pointing other relevant resources on this topic
https://harish-sukhwani.blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/perf_model_HLF_NCA18.pdfhttps://bitbucket.org/hvs2/fabric-perf-model/src/master/network_setup/

Re: Performance Best Practices in Hyperledger Fabric Series and Meetup

Harish Sukhwani

Hi Alfonso, thanks for sharing this awesome series of articles.

Thought of pointing other relevant resources on this topic
> Hyperledger Perf. metrics whitepaper, Oct. 2018. We wrote this in this group (PSWG) - https://www.hyperledger.org/resources/publications/blockchain-performance-metrics
> Performance Model of HLF, Nov. 2018 - It presents an analytical model to compute output metrics (throughput,latency) as a fn. of input metrics (block size, time to endorse/validate a tx.). Validated on a realistic setup.
https://harish-sukhwani.blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/perf_model_HLF_NCA18.pdf.  https://bitbucket.org/hvs2/fabric-perf-model/src/master/network_setup/

Tomorrow's call cancelled

Mark has asked me to inform you that the PSWG call set for 9:00 am tomorrow has been canceled.
Let us plan for the fault injection talk and others in the upcoming session of May 19.
Please stay in touch.
Happy Cinco de Mayo.

Proposed Hyperledger PSWG Agenda for Tuesday 21-April-2020, 9 AM EDT

mark wagner

Hi

To view the official calendar invite please go here:

As a reminder, the call is open to everyone and all are encouraged to attend. You do not need to be a member of Hyperledger to participate.

We will use the Zoom number -  https://zoom.us/j/4034983298

Topics we should cover:

1) Antitrust notice -- Please make sure you are in compliance with the notice before the meeting

2) Welcome  / introductions for new folks on the call

3) A talk from Imre and Attilla.

"Towards comparing DLTs with centralized systems: a port of the TPC-C benchmark to Hyperledger Fabric"

"Business" introduction of DLTs is not always about radical innovation; valid use cases include migrating existing cooperation logic almost "as is" to a DLT platform. However, the question of what performance we can expect to lose (if any) as a price paid for the DLT properties is still not fully answered - nontrivial benchmark workloads for DLTs are largely lacking.

In the preceding months, we have been working on porting an open source implementation of the classic TPC-C benchmark to Hyperledger Fabric. The presentation gives an overview of the current status of this work and some lessons learned in "blockchainifying" TPC-C. Some preliminary numbers are also presented."

Hope to see you there!

--
[...]

no meeting Tues April 7th

mark wagner