Date

Re: 2019 H1 status report

Ry Jones

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 2:58 PM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
Good point; I amended the report to move those two labs to "archived" status.

Of the 14 pre-existing labs, 7 have not had a commit this CY.

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 2:50 PM Montgomery, Hart <hmontgomery@...> wrote:

Hi Ry,

Are you counting the crypto-lib and zmix labs in those numbers?  Those can be safely archived since they have been incorporated into Ursa.

From: labs@... [mailto:labs@...] On Behalf Of Ry Jones
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2019 2:48 PM
To: labs@...
Cc: Community Architects <community-architects@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger Labs] 2019 H1 status report

I seek your feedback on my report to the TSC about the state of the labs.

I am concerned that about half of our previous labs have had not commits this year.

Ry

Re: 2019 H1 status report

Ry Jones

Good point; I amended the report to move those two labs to "archived" status.

Of the 14 pre-existing labs, 7 have not had a commit this CY.

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 2:50 PM Montgomery, Hart <hmontgomery@...> wrote:

Hi Ry,

Are you counting the crypto-lib and zmix labs in those numbers?  Those can be safely archived since they have been incorporated into Ursa.

I seek your feedback on my report to the TSC about the state of the labs.

I am concerned that about half of our previous labs have had not commits this year.

Ry

2019 H1 status report

Ry Jones

I seek your feedback on my report to the TSC about the state of the labs.

I am concerned that about half of our previous labs have had not commits this year.
Ry

Re: Proposal: Require two factor auth for Hyperledger Labs on github in a week

Ry Jones

Sure. I created a group of non-2fa users in labs and sent a message to the group. Many of them are people that have not used labs or even github at all this year.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 11:36 AM Mark Wagner <mwagner@...> wrote:
With the July 4th holiday and my assumption of minimal support on the 4th and 5th, would it make sense to delay a week ?

-mark

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 7:30 AM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
All,
I propose turning on the two factor auth requirement for the Hyperledger Labs organization on 03 JULY 2019. What I learned from enabling the requirement on the main Hyperledger org is that when a person is re-invited, it is very easy to return the previous permissions and settings to the user. In fact, it is the default.
Thoughts?
Ry

Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc

Re: Proposal: Require two factor auth for Hyperledger Labs on github in a week

mark wagner <mwagner@...>

With the July 4th holiday and my assumption of minimal support on the 4th and 5th, would it make sense to delay a week ?

-mark

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 7:30 AM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
All,
I propose turning on the two factor auth requirement for the Hyperledger Labs organization on 03 JULY 2019. What I learned from enabling the requirement on the main Hyperledger org is that when a person is re-invited, it is very easy to return the previous permissions and settings to the user. In fact, it is the default.
Thoughts?
Ry

Mark Wagner
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Performance and Scalability
Red Hat, Inc

Re: [Hyperledger TSC] Proposal: Require two factor auth for Hyperledger Labs on github in a week

Ry Jones

I've asked in chat, and I'm asking on the mailing list. I haven't run an activity audit on the labs repos (yet).

My next proposal to labs is to archive some of the labs that seem to have run the course. We have a distinct org for that:
Ry

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 7:40 AM Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@...> wrote:
Have we reached out to get people to add 2FA? You can @ the repo members.

IBM Fellow, CTO Open Technology
IBM Digital Business Group, Open Technologies
email: chrisfer@...
twitter: @christo4ferris

On Jun 27, 2019, at 7:29 AM, Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: Tracking issues in Labs

Shawn Amundson <amundson@...>

I asked this recently and the answer was that you can request a JIRA project. I think maybe a wiki space as well if you want one. (I assume you do these requests through helpdesk@....)

Github Issues is discouraged/not allowed for projects without mitigating some security concerns -- I assume this would extend to labs.

-Shawn

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:36 AM Duncan Johnston-Watt <duncan@...> wrote:
Hopefully this is a straightforward question. I've read the Hyperledger Labs wiki page and it is silent on recommendations/best practice managing projects in labs. Should we use basic github issue tracking or is it possible to be given a scratch are on Hyperledger Jira? Or is the whole point not to do this until project is ready?

Thanks in advance

Duncan

Tracking issues in Labs

Duncan Johnston-Watt

Hopefully this is a straightforward question. I've read the Hyperledger Labs wiki page and it is silent on recommendations/best practice managing projects in labs. Should we use basic github issue tracking or is it possible to be given a scratch are on Hyperledger Jira? Or is the whole point not to do this until project is ready?

Thanks in advance

Duncan

CTA: Enable two factor auth on GitHub

The Hyperledger GitHub orgs (Hyperledger, Hyperledger Labs) will have two factor auth enabled  in the very near future. Doing so will remove people without 2FA from the orgs.

Please enable two factor auth for your GitHub account[0] to prevent being removed.

#umbra Intro to Umbra internship project 2019 #umbra

Raphael

Hi guys,

I am happy to join the Umbra community and contribute to the project through the Internship program this year.
The Umbra github page was just updated with the roadmap of activities for this year's internship https://github.com/hyperledger-labs/umbra. Please, feel free to comment and make suggestions.

Cheers,
Raphael Vicente Rosa

Hyperledger Internship Mentor and Project Proposal Deadline this Friday, March 8th

Min Yu <myu@...>

Hyperledger Community -

Please remember to submit your internship project proposal by this Friday, March 8th

Here you will find the list of projects that have been proposed and are pending TSC review and approval.

Applications for those interested in applying to be an intern will open up the week of March 18th.

Kind regards,
Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 8:39 AM Min Yu <myu@...> wrote:
Dear Hyperledger Community Members,

Thanks you to those who are interested in mentoring and have already submitted the internship project proposals.

We have decided to give the community some additional time - the new deadline to submit a project proposal has been extended to March 8. You can submit the project proposal directly on the wiki using the pre-set template.

For students who are interested in applying, the applications will open up in mid-March and the detailed application instructions will be coming soon.

We would appreciate it if you share the information with others in your network.

Kind regards,
Min

--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:54 AM Min Yu <myu@...> wrote:
Dear Hyperledger Community Members,

Hyperledger is expanding the internship program to fund 15 internship projects this year. The internship program is aimed at creating a structured hands-on learning opportunity for new developers who may otherwise lack the opportunity to gain exposure to Hyperledger open source development and entry into the technical community. Additional program information, including the program timeline, is available on the wiki.

This is a great contribution opportunity for community members like you to get involved. Whether you're looking for fresh ideas or perspectives, or mentoring opportunities, or additional contributors for your project, the internship program provides a pathway for you to work with aspiring student developers.

Please submit a project proposal and volunteer yourself as a mentor; the deadline for submission is this Friday, February 22nd.

Thank you,
Min
--
Min Yu
Operations Manager

Deadline Extended to Friday, March 8: Call for 2019 Hyperledger Internship Projects and Mentors

Min Yu <myu@...>

[...]

Deadline Friday, February 22: Call for 2019 Hyperleger Internship Projects and Mentors

Min Yu <myu@...>