Date

Cancelled Event: Blockchain Integration Framework Series 3 (Europe + Americas) #blockchain-integration-framework - Monday, 23 December 2019 #blockchain-integration-framework #cal-cancelled

labs@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <labs@...>

Cancelled: Blockchain Integration Framework Series 3 (Europe + Americas) #blockchain-integration-framework

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Monday, 23 December 2019
10:30am to 11:30am
(UTC-06:00) America/Chicago

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3

Organizer: Jonathan Hamilton

Review and organization of roadmap and project issues https://github.com/hyperledger-labs/blockchain-integration-framework/issues

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,5184947650#  or +16699006833,,5184947650
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 646 558 8656  or +1 669 900 6833  or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 518 494 7650
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bAaJoyznp

Re: [#umbra] Request on Hyperledger Blockchain Network Simulation using Mininet

Raphael

Hi Merlec Mpyana M.,

All the source code is available at https://github.com/hyperledger-labs/umbra
Through the README files you can go through the Fabric examples, and run it in your own laptop. All the scripts build the dependencies, download the needed images, and create the environment enabling Fabric in your computer.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I still have to write a comprehensive documentation for the umbra project, till the end of this year it will be online! And I'll send the news in the mailing list.

Cheers!

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 12:43 AM ­MPYANA MWAMBA MERLEC[ 대학원석사과정졸업 / 컴퓨터·전파통신공학과 ] <mlecjm@...> wrote:
Greetings,

I am Merlec Mpyana, a Ph.D candidate (in computer science and engineering) from Korea University Blockchain Research Institute, Seoul, South Korea. My research study is based on Blockchain networks performance and scalability, it will be now over two years since I started following the progress of the Hyperledger Project. However, up to now there was not any framework or tool allowing fast prototyping and simulation or emulation of Hyperledger-based Blockchain networks for research and experiments purpose.

I recently found about the hyperledger umbra that can support the simulation of Hyperledger Blockchains using Mininet. How can I access to the project code and documentation that will help me understanding for me to be able to contribute with my research work to address some open issues and challenges related to Hyperledger projects.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Merlec Mpyana M.
Ph.D Candidate, Korea University Blockchain  Research Institute
Dep. of Computer Science & Engineering | Korea University
145 Anam-ro, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Mobile : (+82)10-2985-5468 | Skype/LinkedIn: mlecjm
E-mail : mlecjm@...

Re: A proposal to archive a number of labs

Ry Jones

Could I ask you to log into the wiki and check off your review here?
thanks

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 5:57 PM Bas van Oostveen <v.oostveen@...> wrote:
+1

I forgot if we had anything on the wiki or labs docs on archiving procedure but should we give notice to the labs in question ?

(Guess they can always reapply as well)

Op 22 nov. 2019 om 04:51 heeft Ry Jones <rjones@...> het volgende geschreven:

Furthermore, these two labs were created in August and have had 0 commits. I propose archiving them as well.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 10:56 AM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
Based on a lack of activity in the last six months, I propose the following labs be moved to archived state:
  • SParts
  • fabric-chrome-extension
  • fabric-multi-channel-network-samples
  • fabric-vms-provision
  • milk-donor
  • payments-performance-test-harness
  • private-transaction-families
  • solidity2chaincode
This comes up today because I am working on the Labs H2 status report.
Ry

Re: A proposal to archive a number of labs

Mark Gisi

Hi Ry,

     With respect to SParts, we will be pushing some updates before the end of year. We will be picking up the pace in 2020.

Best,

- Mark

Based on a lack of activity in the last six months, I propose the following labs be moved to archived state:

  • SParts
  • fabric-chrome-extension
  • fabric-multi-channel-network-samples
  • fabric-vms-provision
  • milk-donor
  • payments-performance-test-harness
  • private-transaction-families
  • solidity2chaincode

This comes up today because I am working on the Labs H2 status report.

Ry

Re: A proposal to archive a number of labs

Middleton, Dan

I’m ok archiving the poet 2 lab (and just noted so on the PR).

I just sent a separate note to the SParts contributor in case they are not on this list. I got a note from an interested new contributor about that project within the last few weeks.

--Dan

From: <labs@...> on behalf of Ry Jones <rjones@...>
Date: Friday, November 22, 2019 at 12:19 PM
To: Bas van Oostveen <v.oostveen@...>
Cc: "labs@..." <labs@...>, Community Architects <community-architects@...>, Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...>

Not sure. I did open two pull requests:

While I have one +1 on both, I'm not going to merge them and archive without a little more discussion.

Ry

[...]

Fabric Lightweight Client lab

Ry Jones

The repo is set up.

Re: 2019 H1 status report

Bas van Oostveen <v.oostveen@...>

+1 for archiving them.

As matter of process;  don’t remember if we have a rule stated somewhere for archival ? If not can we add a statement to the labs “terms of service” that projects repos inactive for more then 12 (?) Months will be archived.

And should we reach out to the lab proposal authors to inform them that their labs will be archived in couple of weeks ?

Bas

Op 15 jul. 2019 om 17:36 heeft Ry Jones <rjones@...> het volgende geschreven:

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 2:58 PM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
Good point; I amended the report to move those two labs to "archived" status.

Of the 14 pre-existing labs, 7 have not had a commit this CY.

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 2:50 PM Montgomery, Hart <hmontgomery@...> wrote:

Hi Ry,

Are you counting the crypto-lib and zmix labs in those numbers?  Those can be safely archived since they have been incorporated into Ursa.