Re: #SharedCrypto crypto-lib meeting tomorrow #SharedCrypto

Middleton, Dan

Thanks for wrangling this, Hart.

Not sure if I can make it to today’s call. In case I can’t I’ve added a couple comments in the proposal.

As further high-level thoughts, though, it might be helpful to get more concrete on scope.

I think what we have is 2 sub-projects or feature areas. A signature library and z-mix. We should reference some kind of spec for each.

As the third tier is explicitly labs, we may as well be clear it’s out of scope of this “project”.  The lab has its own process and the project can elect to adopt lab code at the right time.

Other high-level thing is we should think about this project proposal with developer hats on.

Thanks,

Dan

From: <labs@...> on behalf of "hmontgomery@..." <hmontgomery@...>
Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 8:46 PM
To: "labs@..." <labs@...>
Subject: [Hyperledger Labs] #SharedCrypto crypto-lib meeting tomorrow

Hi Everyone,

This is just a reminder for tomorrow’s crypto-lib meeting.  Currently we have on the agenda:

  1. Discuss the project proposal document:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JtFT5L-82egj6shgGXzTsNAg6_UHuMheKfsst6NS_Xo/edit?usp=sharing .  Please read through this if you haven’t already.
  2. Modular hash functions (and symmetric primitives) for region compatibility.  People using Hyperledger in China are required to use government-approved cryptographic algorithms.  We need to discuss how to best deal with this.
  3. Updates and questions from the devs on z-mix and the shared signature library.

Thanks a lot for your time, and I hope to hear from many of you tomorrow.

Join labs@lists.hyperledger.org to automatically receive all group messages.