Topics

pointers on recommended tools to browse fabric code

Nicholas Basker

All:

I use vim and installed vim-go, guru, gotags etc..., but I am unable to search all callers of a function or all the places from which a specific function is called. The GoCallers and GoCallees mentioned in vim-go/guru does not work for me. Found the following comment in vim-go-tutorial and the fabric seems go-module-aware.
The tutorial does not yet explain some of the differences in behavior of the go tool and other community provided tools in GOPATH mode vs module aware mode. The vast majority of vim-go features work as described here with the exception of commands that rely on guruguru only works as expected in GOPATH mode.

Any pointers on options to set up the dev-environment to browse, build, debug code would help me a lot.

Thanks,
Nicholas.

Senthil Nathan

Hi Nicholas,

    I use neovim with the following plugins for the fabric dev (all of them work on vim too)
  1. coc-vim with gopls as a golang language server. It has a lot of features and highly configurable too. It supports the features that you are looking for  -- https://github.com/neoclide/coc.nvim and https://github.com/neoclide/coc.nvim/wiki/Language-servers
  2. vim-go
  3. vim-codequery https://github.com/devjoe/vim-codequery
  4. ack https://github.com/mileszs/ack.vim
  5. ale https://github.com/dense-analysis/ale
    Most of the required tasks can be accomplished using coc-vim itself. I do use many other plugins that are language agnostics and help a lot in coding/browsing commits/git integration -- such as FZF, fugitive, far, easymotion, gitgutter, tagbar, neosnippet, tmux to name a few. I hope, it helps.

Regards,
Senthil

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 10:35 PM Nicholas Basker <nbasker@...> wrote:
All:

I use vim and installed vim-go, guru, gotags etc..., but I am unable to search all callers of a function or all the places from which a specific function is called. The GoCallers and GoCallees mentioned in vim-go/guru does not work for me. Found the following comment in vim-go-tutorial and the fabric seems go-module-aware.
The tutorial does not yet explain some of the differences in behavior of the go tool and other community provided tools in GOPATH mode vs module aware mode. The vast majority of vim-go features work as described here with the exception of commands that rely on guruguru only works as expected in GOPATH mode.

Any pointers on options to set up the dev-environment to browse, build, debug code would help me a lot.

Thanks,
Nicholas.

Matthew White

Personally, I use vs-code; this has the various plugins for pretty much every language I've used.

It also has the IBM Extension to help with connecting to Fabric.

From: "Senthil Nathan" <cendhu@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: Nicholas Basker <nbasker@...>
Cc: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] pointers on recommended tools to browse fabric code
Date: Sun, May 31, 2020 6:49 PM

Hi Nicholas,

[...]

Thanks Matthew, Senthil, Victor for the helpful pointers. Have the tools to cross-reference code.
Nicholas.

From: "Senthil Nathan" <cendhu@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: Nicholas Basker <nbasker@...>