Minifab CC Error After Editing Channel File

Brett Tiller

I’ve removed an organization fleet11-aoc1-af-mil from my file aoc1channel_config.json and then successfully ran command ./minifab channelsign,channelupdate.  However, when I then push chaincode via command: ./minifab install,approve,commit,initialize -n simple -l go  the commit fails with the error below complaining about the organization I’ve removed.

jq: error (at <stdin>:1): Cannot iterate over null (null)

  Error: failed to create signed transaction: proposal response was not successful, error code 500, msg failed to invoke backing implementation of 'CommitChaincodeDefinition': chaincode definition not agreed to by this org (fleet11-aoc1-af-mil)

Is the another file I need  to edit and/or commands to run when removing an organization?

Thanks,

Brett Tiller

Sr. Software Engineer

984-349-4239 (mobile)

btiller@...

https://www.linkedin.com/company/securboration

Brett Tiller

Tong,

Thanks,  I’ve edited the spec.yaml file as well then tried to push the chaincode again, but get the same error.  In addition, tried removing fleet11-aoc1-af-mil  from the file aoc1channel_current_config.json, but still get the same error.

Brett Tiller

Sr. Software Engineer

984-349-4239 (mobile)

btiller@...

https://www.linkedin.com/company/securboration

Brett, I think that the spec.yaml file may also need to be changed.

On Jul 11, 2022, at 5:27 PM, Brett Tiller <btiller@...> wrote:

[...]

<image001.png>

Message Sender is EXTERNAL to Securboration. Carefully examine this message before you open any links or attachments.

email4tong@gmail.com

Brett, I think removing an org from a channel needs to be done through the channel update operation. Simply changing a file should not be the right way to do this.

On Tuesday, July 12, 2022, 04:00:39 PM EDT, Brett Tiller <btiller@...> wrote:

[...]

My steps are based upon the IBM minifabric training video ‘Working with Channels’ that is  in YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEkxfx495vw&list=PL0MZ85B_96CExhq0YdHLPS5cmSBvSmwyO&index=2 .

Minifab help says that the channelupdate command does channel update with a given new channel configuration json file which is why I’m editing my channel json file – that and the editing shown in the video above.

I need to be able to dynamically add remove peers in the minifabric.  Would you provide steps re how to do so?