Topics

Error while trying to fetch the most recent config block for the channel || Hyperledger fabric version: 1.2 #fabric #fabric-ca #hyperledger-fabric #fabric-ca-client

ssbose77@...

Hi All,

I am trying to fetch the most recent config block for the channel.

Environment:  Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
                         Hyperledger Fabric v1.2

Steps followed:
 Step 0:
Getting into the CLI container
 Step 1:
Export the ORDERER_CA and CHANNEL_NAME variables

command: export ORDERER_CA=/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/peer/crypto/ordererOrganizations/example.com/orderers/orderer-service/msp/tlscacerts/tlsca.example.com-cert.pem && export CHANNEL_NAME=mychannel
Step 2: fetch the most recent config block for the channel – mychannel.

command: peer channel fetch config config_block.pb -o orderer-service:7050 -c $CHANNEL_NAME --tls --cafile $ORDERER_CA

Getting below error in the CLI container:

And below is the Orderer container log:

Can anyone please help me on this error.

Thanks & regards,
Subhra

Gari Singh

First, you really should no longer be using Fabric 1.2. We are not doing any bug fixes on it. We currently have Fabric 1.4 which is an LTS release although it's now starting the end of its lifecycle. Fabric 2.2 was just released and it is the current LTS version.

As to your issue, looks like you have enabled mutual / client TLS.

You will need to use the following command line flags:

--clientauth
--keyfile [client TLS key file]
--certfile [client TLS cert file]

To: fabric@...