Hyperledger Fabric v2.4.1 Sample Application failing to endorse

WebZest

Greetings,

I am running the latest version oof HLF 2.4.1 and installed all the prerequisites and started the netowrk with ./network.sh up successfully.

I also installed the test basic typescript chaincode.  When I started the interaction and submitted a transaction with: npm start,  I get the followint error:

--------------------------

> asset-transfer-basic@1.0.0 start

> node dist/app.js

--> Submit Transaction: InitLedger, function creates the initial set of assets on the ledger

*** Transaction committed successfully

--> Evaluate Transaction: GetAllAssets, function returns all the current assets on the ledger

*** Result: [

  {

    AppraisedValue: 300,

    Color: 'blue',

    ID: 'asset1',

    Owner: 'Tomoko',

    Size: 5,

    docType: 'asset'

  },

  {

    AppraisedValue: 400,

    Color: 'red',

    ID: 'asset2',

    Owner: 'Brad',

    Size: 5,

    docType: 'asset'

  },

  {

    AppraisedValue: 500,

    Color: 'green',

    ID: 'asset3',

    Owner: 'Jin Soo',

    Size: 10,

    docType: 'asset'

  },

  {

    AppraisedValue: 600,

    Color: 'yellow',

    ID: 'asset4',

    Owner: 'Max',

    Size: 10,

    docType: 'asset'

  },

  {

    AppraisedValue: 700,

    Color: 'black',

    ID: 'asset5',

    Owner: 'Adriana',

    Size: 15,

    docType: 'asset'

  },

  {

   AppraisedValue: 800,

    Color: 'white',

    ID: 'asset6',

    Owner: 'Michel',

    Size: 15,

    docType: 'asset'

  }

]

--> Submit Transaction: CreateAsset, creates new asset with ID, Color, Size, Owner and AppraisedValue arguments

*** Transaction committed successfully

--> Async Submit Transaction: TransferAsset, updates existing asset owner

*** Successfully submitted transaction to transfer ownership from Tom to Saptha

*** Waiting for transaction commit

*** Transaction committed successfully

--> Evaluate Transaction: ReadAsset, function returns asset attributes

*** Result: {

  AppraisedValue: 1300,

  Color: 'yellow',

  ID: 'asset1640013286123',

  Owner: 'Saptha',

  Size: 5

}

--> Submit Transaction: UpdateAsset asset70, asset70 does not exist and should return an error

*** Successfully caught the error:

EndorseError: 10 ABORTED: failed to endorse transaction, see attached details for more info

    at /home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@hyperledger/fabric-gateway/dist/client.js:45:347

    at Object.callback (/home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@hyperledger/fabric-gateway/dist/client.js:81:27)

    at Object.onReceiveStatus (/home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client.js:180:36)

    at Object.onReceiveStatus (/home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client-interceptors.js:365:141)

    at Object.onReceiveStatus (/home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client-interceptors.js:328:181)

    at /home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/call-stream.js:182:78

    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:78:11) {

  code: 10,

  details: [

    {

      address: 'peer0.org1.example.com:7051',

      message: 'chaincode response 500, The asset asset70 does not exist',

      mspId: 'Org1MSP'

    }

  ],

  cause: Error: 10 ABORTED: failed to endorse transaction, see attached details for more info

      at Object.callErrorFromStatus (/home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/call.js:31:26)

      at Object.onReceiveStatus (/home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client.js:180:52)

      at Object.onReceiveStatus (/home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client-interceptors.js:365:141)

      at Object.onReceiveStatus (/home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client-interceptors.js:328:181)

      at /home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/call-stream.js:182:78

      at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:78:11) {

    code: 10,

    details: 'failed to endorse transaction, see attached details for more info',

    metadata: Metadata { internalRepr: [Map], options: {} }

  },

  transactionId: '7cc05ac0b4c7be551fd72e7a4d2df976326d7ca095559dff057f04e43f56f1bf'

}

_._,_._,_

David Enyeart

That error is intentional in the samples... it is demonstrating how to handle errors between chaincode and an application.

Dave Enyeart

"WebZest" ---12/20/2021 10:22:54 AM---Greetings,

From: "WebZest" <js@...>
To: <fabric@...>
Date: 12/20/2021 10:22 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Hyperledger Fabric v2.4.1 Sample Application failing to endorse
Sent by: fabric@...

Greetings, I am running the latest version oof HLF 2.4.1 and installed all the prerequisites and started the netowrk with ./network.sh up successfully. I also installed the test basic typescript chaincode.  When I started the interaction and ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
> [...]

      at Object.onReceiveStatus (/home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client-interceptors.js:365:141)
      at Object.onReceiveStatus (/home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client-interceptors.js:328:181)
      at /home/johnny/fabric-samples/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/call-stream.js:182:78
      at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:78:11) {
    code: 10,
    details: 'failed to endorse transaction, see attached details for more info',
    metadata: Metadata { internalRepr: [Map], options: {} }
  },
  transactionId: '7cc05ac0b4c7be551fd72e7a4d2df976326d7ca095559dff057f04e43f56f1bf'

@David,
Thank you for your reply.  I was going through the steps to try to understand the process.  the error was a surprise and led me to believe that i might have done something wrong.  I am glad it is intentional.  How do you recommend that i repair it and continue to test the chaincode and process?

David Enyeart

You can simply ignore the message.
If you don't want the error handling sample demonstrated, just remove these lines:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/blob/main/asset-transfer-basic/application-gateway-typescript/src/app.ts#L68-L69

Dave Enyeart

"WebZest" ---12/21/2021 03:53:07 AM---@David, Thank you for your reply.  I was going through the steps to try to understand the process.

From: "WebZest" <js@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 12/21/2021 03:53 AM
Sent by: fabric@...

@David, Thank you for your reply. I was going through the steps to try to understand the process. the error was a surprise and led me to believe that i might have done something wrong. I am glad it is intentional. How do you recommend that i ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart