https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/chaincode4ade.html#chaincode-access-control
https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/secured_asset_transfer/secured_private_asset_transfer_tutorial.html

Dave Enyeart

"J K via lists.hyperledger.org" ---12/19/2021 11:41:42 AM---Hi Folks, I am working on implementing Access Control Lists in my project but I am curious to know h

From: "J K via lists.hyperledger.org" <jsjkj434=yahoo.com@...>
To: "Fabric" <fabric@...>
Date: 12/19/2021 11:41 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] ACLs for User chaincodes
Sent by: fabric@...

Hi Folks, I am working on implementing Access Control Lists in my project but I am curious to know how will my custom user chaincode serve as a resource? The official HLF documentation states that user chaincodes are also a resource and with ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
Hi Folks,

I am working on implementing Access Control Lists in my project but I am curious to know how will my custom user chaincode serve as a resource? The official HLF documentation states that user chaincodes are also a  resource and with that being said, I understand that they are also eligible candidates for policies to be applied on them(via configtx). But I didn't find any example of it in the configtx.yaml. Resources listed there are for Lifecycle, LSCC, QSCC, CSCC, Peer & Events.

Any articles explaining & executing user chaincode's ACL or mere Syntactical examples will help, thank you.

Cheers!

J K

Thanks for the response David!
Actually, I was going through the documentation on ACLs & had found that user chaincode also serves as a resource, hence thought the control can be specified within the configtx. (Section Resources on https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-2.2/access_control.html -Excerpt - "Users interact with Fabric by targeting a user chaincode, or an events stream source, or system chaincode that are called in the background. As such, these endpoints are considered “resources” on which access control should be exercised")

Cheers!

User chaincodes don't utilize channel polices for access control. Instead you can directly access the transaction's organization and/or user information and apply any access control you like in the chaincode logic. Here's related documentation and a sample: