Operations Smart Contract for Hyperledger Fabric v2.x

Sato, Tatsuya

Hello,

We just released the first version of Operations Smart Contract (OpsSC) for Hyperledger Fabric v2.x.

This is a smart contract-based system operation tool for Hyperledger Fabric-based systems,

which aims to enable efficient decentralized system operations across multiple organizations.

The current version will help make the following end-to-end operational workflows more efficient:

  - Chaincode operations: Streamline typical chaincode deployment process

    (download, package, install, approve and commit a chaincode)

  - Channel operations: Streamline typical channel configuration updates process across multiple organizations

    (e.g., creating a channel, adding an organization, adding an orderer etc.)

Please see the following repository for more information.

https://github.com/satota2/fabric-opssc

We would like to contribute to the Fabric community with this OpsSC.

As the first step, we want to start this as a "hyperledger-labs" project.

So, we are looking for a sponsor who could help us open a repository in hyperledger-labs.

Also, if possible, we would like to introduce this OpsSC in the contributor meeting.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Tatsuya Sato

Yueming Xu

I like your idea of managing chaincode and channels using blockchain. Fabric v2.3 has removed the dependency of system channel and consortium. Are you going to update the tool accordingly?

Sato, Tatsuya

Thank you for your email.

Are you going to update the tool accordingly?
Yes, we are going to update this tool.
Support for channel participation without system channel is one of the future features.

Tatsuya Sato

[-----WARNING-----] This email originated outside of Hitachi. [-----WARNING-----] DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.