Removed Databases, can't reset #fabric #couchdb

mario.schwaiger@...

Hi!
I was testing out the database capabilities and effects on changes in the fabric-samples. (fabcar)
In a trial run I've removed all databases and all data from both couchdb-Docker instances. Everything was still fine - yet I could still query my data. (which brings me to my first question, what's the purpose of both couchdb-Dockers if even, if everything is removed everything seems to still work fine)

Strangely, by itself it wouldn't reset the data, also no warning in logspout. Also not after a restart of the containers.

So I've removed all Docker-Images of all Hyperleder and couchdb I had (docker rmi ...) and rebuild it from scratch. Strangely both couchdb databases are still empty. Deleted the firefox-cache, same

I wonder if the data is stored somewhere else by default? According to the core.yaml and the docker-compose-couch.yaml it shouldn't be the case. Is there something else to reset or remove?

Thank you
Mario

mario.schwaiger@...

Even more confusing, by default in the core.yaml I had:
    stateDatabase: goleveldb

How had there ever been data in the couchdb - and why is there none now after a complete reset? And where is the LevelDB running? Can it be accessed somehow?

Brett T Logan <brett.t.logan@...>

Did you remove the volumes listed in "docker volume ls", this is where the couch data is stored

mario.schwaiger@... --- [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Removed Databases, can't reset #fabric #couchdb ---

From:mario.schwaiger@...
To:fabric@...
Date:Fri, Aug 14, 2020 09:50
Subject:[EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Removed Databases, can't reset #fabric #couchdb

Even more confusing, by default in the core.yaml I had:
    stateDatabase: goleveldb

How had there ever been data in the couchdb - and why is there none now after a complete reset? And where is the LevelDB running? Can it be accessed somehow?
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8856) | Reply To Sender | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic

mario.schwaiger@...

"docker volume ls"
Yes, I have tried that. The CouchDB volumes were removed properly.
But even if not, when the Docker containers are removed and re-created - somehow it should be populated (again) if I do the same steps?

Does goleveldb have some kind of service to access the data?