Chaincode Upgrade Docker Container Environment

Kimheng SOK

Dear all,

I have one question, each time we upgrade our chaincode a new docker container is created.
But the problem is it doesn't inherit all the environment of the old version docker, from example if we install some program in the chaincode docker container, when we upgrade chaincode we need to install those program again in the new chaincode container.

Is there a solution, so that we don't need to re-install the program again and again when we upgrade our chaincode?

Bests,

Brett T Logan <brett.t.logan@...>

In core.yaml you can specify your own chaincode runtime image for golang, Java or Node. So you can extend the image to include your tools, publish the image to a Docker registry and then use that as the runtime in your core.yaml:

From: "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: hyperledger-fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Chaincode Upgrade Docker Container Environment