Purpose of certificate in new org.json

Suhan Sumeet

Hello Team,

Am trying to add an org to a network and in the process of creating the JSON output for the new org came across below certificate entry inside the JSON file,

Can anyone please explain which certificate this entries are representing and what is its purpose as it doesn't even match to any crypto-congif artifacts created for this new org.

image.png

Regards,
Suneel

thomas@...

Hey Suhan,

I do not really know from head which certificates belong there, however I do know that this a base64 encoded certificate.

Best Wishes,
Thomas

On December 18, 2019 at 11:55:42, Suhan Sumeet (suhan.premilu@...) wrote:

Hello Team,

Am trying to add an org to a network and in the process of creating the JSON output for the new org came across below certificate entry inside the JSON file,

Can anyone please explain which certificate this entries are representing and what is its purpose as it doesn't even match to any crypto-congif artifacts created for this new org.

image.png

Regards,
Suneel

Nikhil Gupta

Hey Suhan,

The membership topic (which is in the process of being overhauled), you can find a description of the certificates in the channel MSP: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/membership/membership.html#msp-structure

Best,
Nik

I do not really know from head which certificates belong there, however I do know that this a base64 encoded certificate.

Best Wishes,
Thomas

On December 18, 2019 at 11:55:42, Suhan Sumeet (suhan.premilu@...) wrote:

Hello Team,

Am trying to add an org to a network and in the process of creating the JSON output for the new org came across below certificate entry inside the JSON file,

Can anyone please explain which certificate this entries are representing and what is its purpose as it doesn't even match to any crypto-congif artifacts created for this new org.

image.png

Regards,
Suneel

[attachment "ii_k4b6jayy0.png" removed by Nikhil E Gupta/New York/IBM]