DOCS: Where is the source code of PaperNet #fabric

sravan kumar <sravanrekandar@...>

I am going through the documentation: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developapps/smartcontract.html
This doc mentions about a papercontract.js which is part of PaperNet code.
I could not find the source code. fabric-samples(https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/) does not have the PaperNet

Can some one help me

Thanks for pointing that out... the documentation there is a bit ahead of the sample code being pushed out.
It should be available very soon.

From: "sravan kumar" <sravanrekandar@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [Hyperledger Fabric] DOCS: Where is the source code of PaperNet #fabric
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:13 AM

I am going through the documentation: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developapps/smartcontract.html
This doc mentions about a papercontract.js which is part of PaperNet code.
I could not find the source code. fabric-samples(https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/) does not have the PaperNet

Can some one help me

Don Li <lichunshen84@...>

Talking about documentation and fabric-samples.

Following is my wish list:

1) Enhance the functionality of the REST api server that comes with the "balance-transfer" sample app.  Currently, you can call it for, of course, the "balance-transfer" sample app and the "fabcar" sample app.  It should be able to support call for all chaincode for basic/essential workflow such as adding data and their retrieval ( without lots of business rules and/or data integration such as oracles...).  I heard from an IBM engineer working on Fabric that IBM is going to beef up REST api server on Fabric side ( vs. Composer ) over two month ago, not sure where it is now.

2) Better support or enhancement for chaincode's "install" and "instantiate".  We know there are at least three ways to install and instantiate chaincode.
At CLI command prompt level, if you are able to install a chaincode via CLI you should be able to instantiate the installed chaincode unless "instantiate" command misses required parameter(s) or with incorrect values.
Same should be true for install and instantiate at http or https call via REST api server level.
Btw, error code improvement would also be in order.  Error like "rpc error, code = Unavailable" does not suffice to help with debugging.
Some expectation is if you are able to install a chaincode they you should be able to instantiate it;
and if you're able to install and instantiate chaincode you should be able to invoke it;
and if you're able to invoke it you should be able to query it.
Not sure if IBM or any individual has paid attention, "install" and "instantiate", especially for "instantiate" there seems an over-sized questions/issues reporting.
Rumor has it that Fabric 1.4.0 would address them well, but Fabric 1.4.0 wouldn't be available until end of December, almost two more months to go.

Thanks.

(Don) Chunshen Li

Hello,

From: "sravan kumar" <sravanrekandar@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:13 AM

I am going through the documentation: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developapps/smartcontract.html
This doc mentions about a papercontract.js which is part of PaperNet code.
I could not find the source code. fabric-samples(https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/) does not have the PaperNet

Can some one help me

Hi Don,  All very useful points thank you.

The REST Server from Composer is a useful tool; feedback is certainly that there is a requirement for something akin to that in the Fabric space.

I would suggest you take a look at the new programming work that is ongoing - especially with regards the metadata on the contract API. (See FAB 12071, 12609 and 10741).. there will be a playback next week btw.

As to install and instantiate I can appreciate your points here; only end of last week I raised a JIRA on improving the error reporting when developing chaincode.

From: "Don Li" <lichunshen84@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: whitemat@...
Cc: sravanrekandar@..., fabric <fabric@...>

From: "sravan kumar" <sravanrekandar@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:13 AM

I am going through the documentation: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developapps/smartcontract.html
This doc mentions about a papercontract.js which is part of PaperNet code.
I could not find the source code. fabric-samples(https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/) does not have the PaperNet

Can some one help me

Don Li <lichunshen84@...>

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your informative and thoughtful response.

Regarding REST api server on Fabric side, I'm looking forward to it and I would think many would welcome it.

Good to know about new programming development, will look into " contract API. (See FAB 12071, 12609 and 10741).

On "install" and "instantiate", first on "install", for the -p  ( chaincode path } for the CLI install process, if one has a typo or something, that is, even if the { chaincode path } is invalid, by that I mean, though the path exists but no chaincode and associated support file such as package.json exists.
The install could still be successful provided everything is good, in this sense, the successful install is false positive.  Then of course instantiate would fail 100%.  This "fake" install happened to me once, but I didn't dig further to see if it's accidental successful install or the install process does not check the existence of chaincode and its support file(s).
About "instantiate", is there any specific and more detailed documentation about its entire process?

Best regards,

(Don) Chunshen Li

From: "Don Li" <lichunshen84@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: whitemat@...
Cc: sravanrekandar@..., fabric <fabric@...>

From: "sravan kumar" <sravanrekandar@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:13 AM

I am going through the documentation: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developapps/smartcontract.html
This doc mentions about a papercontract.js which is part of PaperNet code.
I could not find the source code. fabric-samples(https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/) does not have the PaperNet

Can some one help me

Hello - I believe the details get published in https://chat.hyperledger.org/channel/fabric-playbacks

10am EST Wednesday 14th November

From: Sheetal Sharma <sheetal_sharma@...>
To: Matthew White <whitemat@...>, "lichunshen84@..." <lichunshen84@...>
Cc: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>, "sravanrekandar@..." <sravanrekandar@...>
Date: Tue, Nov 13, 2018 4:00 AM

Hi Matthew,

Could you please share the meeting details for playback session?

Regards,

Sheetal

From: "Don Li" <lichunshen84@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: whitemat@...
Cc: sravanrekandar@..., fabric <fabric@...>

From: "sravan kumar" <sravanrekandar@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:13 AM

I am going through the documentation: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developapps/smartcontract.html
This doc mentions about a papercontract.js which is part of PaperNet code.
I could not find the source code. fabric-samples(https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/) does not have the PaperNet

Can some one help me

DISCLAIMER

Sheetal Sharma <sheetal_sharma@...>