Better understanding of Fabric-CA #fabricca #fabric

Manikanta Raju

My hyperledger fabric network structure is
3 Orgs  (Org0,Org1,Org2)
2 peers each org(peer0.Org1.com , peer1.Org1.com ,peer0.Org2.com ,peer1.Org2.com)
1 Orderer (orderer.org0.com)
3 CA's (CAOrg0,CAOrg1,CAOrg2)

I have confusion between Bootstrap Identity, admin, user, client, peer, orderer, and organizations.
My confusion mainly on what is the relation between user or admin with the organization, peers, orderer, and clients
Bootstrap Identity:
Purpose:
Bootstrap Identity is used to initialize and start the fabric ca server.
3 CA'server(fabric-ca-server start -b CAOrg0:CAOrg0pw,fabric-ca-server start -b CAOrg1:CAOrg1pw,fabric-ca-server start -b CAOrg2:CAOrg2pw)
Questions:
Is Bootstrap Identity has any role in fabric-network i.e Chaincode install or query or signing transaction? In My opinion "NO" Please confirm
Is there any other purpose of Bootstrap Identity? apart from the issue of certificates
With Bootstrap Identity can i issue certificates for Peer, orderer , client. If yes what is the command to use to register and enroll a peer0.Org1.com

Admin and User:
Admin Identity is used to install and Instantiate the chain code.
I have confusion over admin If anybody referring to admin what does that mean I have 3 options
 AdminUser of Organization or
 AdminUser of Peer or
 AdminUser of Client

What is a command to enroll admin user "abc:abcpw" as admin.

 General Questions
 Client, i am considering client application initiate transaction, What type of Identity require for a client, what is a command to register the client to participate in the network.
 what is the command parameter that specifies user and admin while registering?
 what is the command parameter that separate Client, Peer, Orderer, Organization while registering.?

 Please help me to understand, Clear of my confusion.

Michael Wang

Let me try to answer your questions. Find them in the blue text below.

My hyperledger fabric network structure is
3 Orgs  (Org0,Org1,Org2)
1 Orderer (orderer.org0.com)
3 CA's (CAOrg0,CAOrg1,CAOrg2)

I have confusion between Bootstrap Identity, admin, user, client, peer, orderer, and organizations.
My confusion mainly on what is the relation between user or admin with the organization, peers, orderer, and clients
Bootstrap Identity:
Purpose:
Bootstrap Identity is used to initialize and start the fabric ca server.
3 CA'server(fabric-ca-server start -b CAOrg0:CAOrg0pw,fabric-ca-server start -b CAOrg1:CAOrg1pw,fabric-ca-server start -b CAOrg2:CAOrg2pw)
Questions:
Is Bootstrap Identity has any role in fabric-network i.e Chaincode install or query or signing transaction?
No. this bootstrap identity is used only in Ca server. Have nothing to do with fabric network.
In My opinion "NO" Please confirm
Is there any other purpose of Bootstrap Identity? apart from the issue of certificates
With Bootstrap Identity can i issue certificates for Peer, orderer , client. If yes what is the command to use to register and enroll a peer0.Org1.com
This bootstrap identity is the server admin with which you can register and enroll new identity.

Admin and User:
Admin Identity is used to install and Instantiate the chain code.
I have confusion over admin If anybody referring to admin what does that mean I have 3 options
 AdminUser of Organization or
 AdminUser of Peer or
 AdminUser of Client

They are just privileges. But regarding the privileges, they can only be used as a client.

What is a command to enroll admin user "abc:abcpw" as admin.
if you want to enroll it as an admin, you have to register it as an admin first.
#export FABRIC_CA_CLIENT_HOME=$HOME/fabric-ca/clients/admin( you need specify the identity of registrar)
#fabric-ca-client register -id.name abc  -id.attr admin=true .....(maybe other attr options)
#fabric-ca-client enroll -u http://abc:abcpw@localhost:7054( assume your ca server running local)

 General Questions
 Client, i am considering client application initiate transaction, What type of Identity require for a client, what is a command to register the client to participate in the network.
The one above.
 what is the command parameter that specifies user and admin while registering?
hf.Registrar.Roles
The role of the being registered user should have equal or less privileges as the user registering.
 what is the command parameter that separate Client, Peer, Orderer, Organization while registering.?
--id.type
For the detailed answer for your questions, please refer to this page for more: https://hyperledger-fabric-ca.readthedocs.io/en/latest/users-guide.html#fabric-ca-client

 Please help me to understand, Clear of my confusion.

--
This is my life,but world of us~~