Date

Re: Questions in Documents --- "Adding an Org to a channel"

Matthew White

Thank you for raising the issue; the mistake is in documentation – and I’ve raised https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/pull/3656 for resoultion.

When support for using podman was added, we needed to split out the docker composer files. There is a parent compose file, along a docker or podman specific child file.  Podman is very similar to Docker, but certainly at the time not quite similar enough for differences between the compose files.

This is case for example with adding org3, the docker-composer command would be

docker-compose -f compose/compose-org3.yaml -f compose/docker/docker-compose-org3.yaml up -d

compose-org3.yaml is the generic parent, and the second is the docker specifics.  Likewise there is a podman specific file as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Matthew

Yes, docker directory is present inside compose directory. You can check if specifying path as compose/docker/docker-compose-org3. yaml works. -Satheesh ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Yes, docker directory is present inside compose directory.

You can check if specifying path as compose/docker/docker-compose-org3.yaml works.

-Satheesh

On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 01:34:55 AM GMT+5:30, Cindy Qian <cindy.qian@...> wrote:

Dear Sir,

I found a small error in the documents.

In the section: Tutorials--->Adding an org to a new channel--->Bring up Org3 components. The instructions are like below:

However, the fabric samples downloaded from the official website show that there is no docker directory in the addOrg3 directory.

I am a little confused, could you help me fix the problem?

Looking forward to your reply

Regards,

Cindy Qian

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: Questions in Documents --- "Adding an Org to a channel"

satheesh

Yes, docker directory is present inside compose directory.
You can check if specifying path as compose/docker/docker-compose-org3.yaml works.

-Satheesh

On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 01:34:55 AM GMT+5:30, Cindy Qian <cindy.qian@...> wrote:

Dear Sir,

I found a small error in the documents.
In the section: Tutorials--->Adding an org to a new channel--->Bring up Org3 components. The instructions are like below:

However, the fabric samples downloaded from the official website show that there is no docker directory in the addOrg3 directory.

I am a little confused, could you help me fix the problem?

Looking forward to your reply

Regards,
Cindy Qian

Re: Questions in Documents --- "Adding an Org to a channel"

Artem Barger

This is probably a typo and it meant to be compose folder instead of docker. Feel free to submit pull request with appropriate documentation fix.
The command should be

docke-compose -f compose/compose-org3.yaml up -d

On 2 October 2022 at 22:04:54, Cindy Qian (cindy.qian@...) wrote:

Dear Sir,

I found a small error in the documents.
In the section: Tutorials--->Adding an org to a new channel--->Bring up Org3 components. The instructions are like below:

However, the fabric samples downloaded from the official website show that there is no docker directory in the addOrg3 directory.

I am a little confused, could you help me fix the problem?

Looking forward to your reply

Regards,
Cindy Qian

Re: Storage data in private data collection has a different value #fabric #couchdb

Joao Antunes

Is anyone faced with this issue?

Questions in Documents --- "Adding an Org to a channel"

Cindy Qian <cindy.qian@...>

Dear Sir,

I found a small error in the documents.
In the section: Tutorials--->Adding an org to a new channel--->Bring up Org3 components. The instructions are like below:

However, the fabric samples downloaded from the official website show that there is no docker directory in the addOrg3 directory.

I am a little confused, could you help me fix the problem?

Looking forward to your reply

Regards,
Cindy Qian

Re: Transient Arguments #fabric

David Enyeart

Yes it is typical to send both regular arguments and private transient arguments when invoking chaincode.

https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/test_network.html demonstrates regular arguments.

https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/private_data_tutorial.html demonstrates private transient arguments.

You can combine the approaches and send both.

From: fabric@... <fabric@...> on behalf of Kumari Shweta via lists.hyperledger.org <kumari.shweta=hcl.com@...>
Date: Friday, September 30, 2022 at 1:51 AM
To: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Transient Arguments #fabric

Hi Team, Is it possible to send transient and non -transient arguments together in chaincode args. I have an asset struct with fields id,name,owner and price. Is it possible to make "price" only transient varibale and other can be non-transient. If

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Hi Team,
Is it possible to send transient and non -transient arguments together in chaincode args.
I have an asset struct with fields id,name,owner and price.Is it possible to make "price" only transient varibale and other can be non-transient.If it is then how we can pass args in "peer chaincode invoke " command

Kindly clear me.

Regards,

Transient Arguments #fabric

Kumari Shweta

Hi Team,
Is it possible to send transient and non -transient arguments together in chaincode args.
I have an asset struct with fields id,name,owner and price.Is it possible to make "price" only transient varibale and other can be non-transient.If it is then how we can pass args in "peer chaincode invoke " command

Kindly clear me.

Regards,

Event: Documentation Workgroup monthly call - 09/30/2022 #cal-reminder

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Reminder: Documentation Workgroup monthly call

When:
09/30/2022
11:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer: Josh Horton joshh@...

Schedule, Agendas, Minutes, etc: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Storage size of peers in test-network #fabric-peer

Nikos Karamolegkos

Hello, in test-network what is the storage size of peers? In general, where can I find the peer characteristics (cpu, memory, storage) for the deployment? Also, using Level DB could you make an estimation for the storage size needed for 10K assets?

Re: Fabric release-2.5 branch and main branch

David Enyeart

We are shooting for around end of year for the v2.5 release, which would be the next LTS release.

From: fabric@... <fabric@...> on behalf of Baohua Yang <yangbaohua@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 2:27 PM
To: Mark Lewis <Mark.S.Lewis@...>
Cc: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Fabric release-2.5 branch and main branch

Do we have the planed release date now? Thanks! On Jul 20, 2022, at 02: 47, Mark Lewis <Mark. S. Lewis@ outlook. com> wrote: In the Fabric contributor meeting on 29 June 2022, it was mentioned that Fabric v2. 5 is expected to be the next LTS

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender

You have not previously corresponded with this sender.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Do we have the planed release date now?

Thanks!

On Jul 20, 2022, at 02:47, Mark Lewis <Mark.S.Lewis@...> wrote:

In the Fabric contributor meeting on 29 June 2022, it was mentioned that Fabric v2.5 is expected to be the next LTS release.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/download/attachments/62234113/20220629_contributors_meeting.mp4?api=v2

Re: Fabric release-2.5 branch and main branch

Baohua Yang

Do we have the planed release date now?

Thanks!

On Jul 20, 2022, at 02:47, Mark Lewis <Mark.S.Lewis@...> wrote:

In the Fabric contributor meeting on 29 June 2022, it was mentioned that Fabric v2.5 is expected to be the next LTS release.

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/download/attachments/62234113/20220629_contributors_meeting.mp4?api=v2

Re: return type of chaincode functions using EvaluateTransaction

Nikos Karamolegkos

based on this I have to
func (s *smartContract) GetAirQNomVals(ctx contractapi.TransactionContextInterface) (string, error) {
resultsIterator, err := ctx.GetStub().GetState("NominalValuesState")

if err != nil {
return "", fmt.Errorf("failed to read from world state. %s", err.Error())
}

if resultsIterator == nil {
return "", fmt.Errorf("%s does not exist", "NominalValuesState")
}

return string(resultsIterator), nil
}

Re: return type of chaincode functions using EvaluateTransaction

Nikos Karamolegkos

the
evaluateResult, err := contract.EvaluateTransaction("GetAirQNomVals")
returns Invalid type. Expected: array, given: string - Transaction processing for endorser

func (s *smartContract) GetAirQNomVals(ctx contractapi.TransactionContextInterface) ([]byte, error) {
resultsIterator, err := ctx.GetStub().GetState("NominalValuesState")

if err != nil {
return nil, fmt.Errorf("failed to read from world state. %s", err.Error())
}

if resultsIterator == nil {
return nil, fmt.Errorf("%s does not exist", "NominalValuesState")
}

return resultsIterator, nil
}

Now: Private Chaincode Lab - 09/27/2022 #cal-notice

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Private Chaincode Lab

When:
09/27/2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer: Marcus Brandenburger bur@...

Two of the Hyperleger Labs projects (private data objects and private chain code) are collaborating to develop a "private smart contracts" capability.

Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09 Meeting ID: 518 494 7650 Passcode: 475869

Re: setEvent is not sending the contect

Mark Lewis

The commit listener is intended only to check for the commit status of submitted transactions at peers. For performance, it uses filtered blocks, which do not contain chaincode event payloads. If you want to see chaincode events then you should use a contract event listener, which will deliver you chaincode events and include the event payload. This also has the benefit of ensuring you get chaincode events delivered in order, exactly once. Using a (persistent) checkpointer alongside your contract event listener will allow you to resume listening at exactly where you left off, event following an application restart.

Re: Regarding network object #fabricsdk #java

Mark Lewis

The legacy low-level SDK uses a "handle" as a way of referencing block listeners so that you can remove them using Channel.unregisterBlockListener(). The handle is just a unique identifier. This method gets the handles of all active block listeners.

If you are using (or can use) Fabric v2.4 or later, you should use the new Fabric Gateway client API. If you are using an older Fabric version then I would encourage you to use the legacy high-level Java SDK, which is built on top of the low-level Java SDK. Both of these newer APIs provide their own block listener capability. I would not recommending developing code using the legacy low-level Java SDK.

Re: return type of chaincode functions using EvaluateTransaction

Matthew White

Hello – you can return bytes if you wish;

What errors did you encounter?

Thanks Matthew