From: fabric@... <fabric@...> on behalf of afrancoc2000@... <afrancoc2000@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2022 2:38 PM
To: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Hyperledger Fabric Gateway fails with certificate signed by unknown authority but certificates pass an openssl test #hyperledger-fabric #tls #fabric-sdk-go

Hi Team, I'm having trouble making the "Hyperledger Fabric Gateway for Go" execute a smart contract, although I am using it successfully for listening to events. This is the error I get in the client: Submit error with gRPC status DeadlineExceeded: ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
Hi Team,

I'm having trouble making the "Hyperledger Fabric Gateway for Go" execute a smart contract, although I am using it successfully for listening to events.

This is the error I get in the client:

Submit error with gRPC status DeadlineExceeded: rpc error: code = DeadlineExceeded desc = context deadline exceeded

This is the error I get in the orderer:

Server TLS handshake failed in 2.628549ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=Orderer remoteaddress=10.250.37.115:40858

This is the error I get in the peer:

Client TLS handshake failed after 6.156747ms with error: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority remoteaddress=10.250.37.195:443

The IP 10.250.37.195 corresponds to the ingress service external IP and the 10.250.37.115 corresponds to the ingress controller. The ingress controller has ssl-passtrough configured so the certificates are not being overridden by it.

I'm using a chain certificate that begins with an ica cert and then on the same file the root certificate, this chain.crt file is stored in the orderers in this folder: "/var/hyperledger/orderer/tls/chain.crt" both ORDERER_GENERAL_TLS_ROOTCAS and ORDERER_GENERAL_TLS_CLIENTROOTCAS point to it.

I tested my tls certificate against the chain.crt using openssl and the answer is ok.

I'm not sure where else to look to make it work.

I tested my code against the test network and it works, also using the old node SDK the connection works too.

This is my code (deleting err handling for readability):

func NewGrpcConnection(fabricConfig config.FabricConfig) (*grpc.ClientConn, error) {
    caCertificate, err := loadCertificate(fabricConfig.TlsCaPath)
    keypair, err := loadCertificateKeyPair(fabricConfig.TlsCertPath, fabricConfig.TlsKeyPath)

    certPool := x509.NewCertPool()
    certPool.AddCert(caCertificate)

    transportCredentials := credentials.NewTLS(&tls.Config{
        ServerName:   fabricConfig.HostName,
        RootCAs:      certPool,
        ClientCAs:    certPool,
        Certificates: []tls.Certificate{*keypair},
    })

    connection, err := grpc.Dial(fabricConfig.PeerEndpoint, grpc.WithTransportCredentials(transportCredentials))
    return connection, nil
}

func NewGateway(clientConnection *grpc.ClientConn, fabricConfig config.FabricConfig) (*client.Gateway, error) {
    id, err := newIdentity(fabricConfig.CertPath, fabricConfig.OrgName)
    sign, err := newSign(fabricConfig.KeyPath)

    gateway, err := client.Connect(
        id,
        client.WithSign(sign),
        client.WithClientConnection(clientConnection),
        client.WithEvaluateTimeout(5*time.Second),
        client.WithEndorseTimeout(15*time.Second),
        client.WithSubmitTimeout(5*time.Second),
        client.WithCommitStatusTimeout(1*time.Minute),
    )

    return gateway, err
}

func main() {
    grpcConnection, err := fabric.NewGrpcConnection(*clientConfig.FabricConfig)
    defer grpcConnection.Close()

    gateway, err := fabric.NewGateway(grpcConnection, *clientConfig.FabricConfig)
    defer gateway.Close()

    network := gateway.GetNetwork(clientConfig.FabricConfig.ChannelName)
    contract := network.GetContract(clientConfig.FabricConfig.ContractName)

result, err = contract.SubmitTransaction(request.Fcn, request.Args...)
}

I tried also overiding the pod's ssl certificates by adding the ca certificates to /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/ and using the update-ca-certificates command with no luck.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas where else to look? do I need to add the tls-root and ica certificates to the msp folder under msp/
tlscacerts and msp/tlsintermediatecerts too? I have FABRIC_LOGGING_SPEC="grpc=debug:info" is there a way to see what certificate is comming in for validation?

Thanks,

Ana Franco
Tech Leader

Waiting on Approving Smart Contract for org Org1MSP

Ahmet Orkun Gedik

Hello,

I faced with a problem during deployment of smart contract on my local machine. I setup a basic 1 org local fabric scenario. When I try to deploy smart contract, system waiting at IBM Blockchain Platform Extension: Approving Smart Contract for org Org1MSP task and never complete it. There are no any kind of error in both docker and vscode output log files. What may cause this problem?

Thank you for you co-operation.

Saygılarımla/Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ahmet Orkun Gedik
Sap Basis İzmir Yönetici Takım Lideri / SAP Basis Executive Team Leader
Sap Basis İzmir Yönetici Takım Liderliği

KoçSistem
Bilgi ve İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.
T: +90 (232) 242 0699
M:+90 (549) 742 3219

KoçSistem Logo

Gizlilik Sınıflandırması : Genel Paylaşım

Bu e-posta mesaji kisiye özel olup, gizli bilgiler iceriyor olabilir. Eger bu e-posta mesaji size yanlislikla ulasmissa,  icerigini hic bir sekilde kullanmayiniz ve ekli dosyalari acmayiniz. Bu durumda lutfen e-posta mesajini kullaniciya hemen geri gonderiniz  ve  tum kopyalarini mesaj kutunuzdan siliniz. Bu e-posta mesaji, hic bir sekilde, herhangi bir amac icin cogaltilamaz, yayinlanamaz ve para karsiligi satilamaz.  Bu e-posta mesaji viruslere karsi anti-virus sistemleri tarafindan taranmistir. Ancak yollayici, bu e-posta mesajinin - virus koruma sistemleri ile kontrol ediliyor olsa bile - virus icermedigini garanti etmez ve meydana gelebilecek zararlardan dogacak hicbir sorumlulugu kabul etmez.
This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed , and may contain confidential  information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or you receive this mail in error, you should refrain from making any use of the contents and from opening any attachment. In that case, please notify the sender immediately and return the message to the sender, then, delete and destroy all copies. This e-mail message, can not be copied, published or sold for any reason. This e-mail message has been swept by anti-virus systems for the presence of computer viruses. In doing so, however,  sender  cannot warrant that virus or other forms of data corruption may not be present and do not take any responsibility in any occurrence.

Fab3 setup with EVM Chaincode

Gourav Sarkar <gourav.sarkar@...>

Hi,

I was trying to build the fab proxy with EVM chaincode. I followed the link below. However, I got the error as mentioned in the below screenshot (I used Fabric-1.4.7). Did anyone face this issue or am I missing something ?

https://github.com/IBM/loyalty-points-evm-fabric/blob/master/README.md#2-setup-fab3

Warm Regards,

Gourav.

Re: Issue updating TLS certificates for Raft Consenters #consensus #configtxgen #fabric-orderer

afrancoc2000@...

Hi Yacov,

Thanks, I saw the commits with that change so I tried that first, I generated the new certs using the same private keys and uploaded them without changing the configuration but I don't know why, it didn't work, the orderers didn't start. That's why I'm changing the config.

I just tried downgrading to v2.3, and forcing GODEBUG=x509ignoreCN=0 by running the orderer command like this: "GODEBUG="x509ignoreCN=0 orderer" and it worked! now I've got consensus and I'm updating the config again.

Thanks!

Ana

Hyperledger Fabric Gateway fails with certificate signed by unknown authority but certificates pass an openssl test #hyperledger-fabric #tls #fabric-sdk-go

afrancoc2000@...

[...]

how core peer address works

Nikos Karamolegkos

Hello,

I am studying the examples of fabric-sdk-go and I am wondering how the connection to the desired peer is taking place in order to invoke a transaction or query the ledger. When I use the fabric CLI I set the CORE_PEER_ADDRESS to the desired one (as the test-network tutorial suggests). Thus, in case I would like to use the fabric-sdk-go I have seen that in this point the address is set. Is this the only parameter that I have to set in order for example to query the ledger using the peer0? Also, I am a bit confused about the peer discovery, the peers are running in containers and the end_to_end.go program is running locally to my host so how the end_to_end.go knows where the peer is running (i.e in the container)? Is it enough to set the "peer0.org1.example.com". Also, what happens if the peers are running in different pods of kubernetes? What should I change to my end_to_end.go program?

Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)

Documentation Workgroup restarting

Josh Horton

Hello Fabric docs team,

The Documentation Workgroup meetings are restarting this Friday February 11, at 11:00 a.m. EST. The meetings are scheduled for 11-12 EST every 4th Friday.  i.e. monthly more or less, and can add as needed.

This week will be a kickoff meeting of sorts, bring any and all topics for discussion.

Regards,

Josh Horton
joshh@...

Re: Issue updating TLS certificates for Raft Consenters #consensus #configtxgen #fabric-orderer

Yacov

Can't you just issue the certificate with the same public key but with SANs?
You don't need to do the config update if the public key of the TLS certificate stays the same.
You can just change the certificate and that's it.

Friday, February 11, 2022
11:00am to 12:00pm
(UTC-05:00) America/New York
Repeats: Every 4 weeks on Friday

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

An open call for anyone interested in getting involved with Hyperledger Fabric documentation and translation.  More information about the Fabric documentation effort and meeting agendas are at:

https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group