Date

about ordering and peer organizations #fabric-orderer #fabric-peer

famar

Hello, i have a question about peer and ordering orgs.
In my scenario i have 1 tls CAs, 3 root CAs that have to manage the ordering services and 21 intermediate (7 for every root).
Reading the docs i found that it is  recommended to have different CA for ordering and peers.
So, in my practical docker configuration, is it better to start 3 container for orderers CAs and 3 for the root (peer) Cas?
Thanks

Re: connection refused by the orderer when trying to create peer channel #channel #fabric-ca #fabric-peer #fabric-orderer

famar

I think my problem is in the configtx.yaml and it depends either on a wrong orderers communication or on the incorrect insertion of the intermediate in the configuration file.
I enclose the configtx.yaml file.
Could you help me to configure it correctly?
Thanks

Il giorno mar 3 mag 2022 alle ore 11:44 Mark Lewis <Mark.S.Lewis@...> ha scritto:
It certainly looks like there is some connection error from the client to 172.19.0.9:7055 but hard to know the root cause. Assuming the client really can establish a connection to that host/port, it could be an error establishing the TLS connection. I would look in the orderer container logs to confirm that it received and connection and for clues why that connection was refused.

Now: Private Chaincode Lab - 05/03/2022 #cal-notice

Private Chaincode Lab

When:
05/03/2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer: Marcus Brandenburger bur@...

Two of the Hyperleger Labs projects (private data objects and private chain code) are collaborating to develop a "private smart contracts" capability.

Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09 Meeting ID: 518 494 7650 Passcode: 475869

Re: connection refused by the orderer when trying to create peer channel #channel #fabric-ca #fabric-peer #fabric-orderer

Mark Lewis

It certainly looks like there is some connection error from the client to 172.19.0.9:7055 but hard to know the root cause. Assuming the client really can establish a connection to that host/port, it could be an error establishing the TLS connection. I would look in the orderer container logs to confirm that it received and connection and for clues why that connection was refused.

Re: Getting error

Mark Lewis

This mailing list is specific to Hyperledger Fabric. You might have more luck posting issues with Hyperledger Explorer to the Hyperledger Explorer mailing list:

https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/explorer

Or, since this looks like it might be a bug, you could open an issue in their GitHub repository:

https://github.com/hyperledger/blockchain-explorer

connection refused by the orderer when trying to create peer channel #channel #fabric-ca #fabric-peer #fabric-orderer

famar

Hello everyone,
i'm having some problems starting the "peer channel create" command.
I have a network with 1 TLS-CA, 3 ROOT-CA  and 1 INTERMEDIATE-CA.
My peer is running on the intermediate CA.

When i launch this command:

peer channel create -c mychannel -f /tmp/hyperledger/org0/orderer/channel.tx -o orderer1-org0:7055 --outputBlock /tmp/hyperledger/ica1-rca-org0/peer1/assets/mychannel.block --tls --cafile /tmp/hyperledger/ica1-rca-org0/peer1/tls-msp/tlscacerts/tls-tls-ca-7051.pem

i have this error:

Error: failed to create deliver client for orderer: orderer client failed to connect to orderer1-org0:7055: failed to create new connection: connection error: desc = "transport: error while dialing: dial tcp 172.19.0.9:7055: connect: connection refused"

The orderer container is up and i can ping the address (with the specific port) of the orderer.

Can anyone tell me the cause of this error?
Let me know if you need part of the scripts to better help me.

Thanks

Re: Getting error

Vivek Vohra

I didn't understand clearly. What to check in the object. Please can you tell me, what should I do ??

Re: Getting error

Vivek Vohra

On Mon, 2 May, 2022, 4:14 am Vivek vohra, <vohrav82@...> wrote:
Getting error on installing hyperledger explorer. Please help.

Re: Getting error

gqqnb2005 <gqqnb2005@...>

Please check this link.

I really can't see any text in your photo due to myopia, and thus can't give a specific answer.

Vivek Vohra <vohrav82@...> 于 2022年5月2日周一 06:44写道:

Getting error on installing hyperledger explorer. Please help.

Getting error

Vivek Vohra

Getting error on installing hyperledger explorer. Please help.

Re: Deploying test-network on AWS ECS

punnrykang@...

Hello, have you found any solutions yet? I'm doing the exact same thing and I hope to get some advice. Thank you.

Re: Hello, I have an inquiry about blockchain.

Sam Venzi

Hi!

I’ve been in a similar situation before. I’m not sure if the solution I found would solve your situation, but I’ll say it anyway. My network was using AWS infrastructure and the /root volume was in a format that could not be extended beyond 2TB. What we did was a volume migration to one that could be extended beyond 2TB.

As fas as my research went, the Docker Engine cannot be configured to store data in more then one volume. For that reason, we transferred all the data inside /var/lib/docker to a temp directory, then we attached a new volume to /var/lib/docker and then transferred back the content from the temp dir. Doing that, Docker data will be inside that new bigger volume.

Let me know if that works for you, and if not, I’d like to know the solution you found. :)

Best regards,

Samuel Venzi
CTO @ GoLedger

On 29 Apr 2022 09:10 -0300, 장태정 <jtjeyes@...>, wrote:

Hello
I am a Korean.
Network configuration was successful using hyperledger Fabric v.1.4.8 version.
Since I've been operating the blockchain network for about a year, the hard capacity is full. I'm going to add a new hard disk. Is there a way to continue the existing block and stack it on a new hard disk?
I would appreciate it if you could tell me any technical data or methods that I can refer to.

Hello, I have an inquiry about blockchain.

장태정 <jtjeyes@...>

Hello
I am a Korean.
Network configuration was successful using hyperledger Fabric v.1.4.8 version.
Since I've been operating the blockchain network for about a year, the hard capacity is full. I'm going to add a new hard disk. Is there a way to continue the existing block and stack it on a new hard disk?
I would appreciate it if you could tell me any technical data or methods that I can refer to.

Cancelled Event: Fabric Contributor Meeting - Wednesday, April 27, 2022 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Fabric Contributor Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Organizer: Dave Enyeart enyeart@...

For meeting agendas, recordings, and more details, see https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Contributor+Meetings

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Meeting ID: 518 494 7650
Passcode: 475869

Fabric Contributor Meeting - April 27th CANCELLED, Next meeting May 11th

David Enyeart

Sorry to cancel Wednesday’s contributor meeting again, many of the regular participants are not able to attend this week. We’ll pick back up May 11th.

Now: Private Chaincode Lab - 04/26/2022 #cal-notice

Private Chaincode Lab

When:
04/26/2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer: Marcus Brandenburger bur@...

Two of the Hyperleger Labs projects (private data objects and private chain code) are collaborating to develop a "private smart contracts" capability.

Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09 Meeting ID: 518 494 7650 Passcode: 475869

Ways to share about your Hyperledger project at Hyperledger Global Forum in Dublin

David Boswell <dboswell@...>

In addition to the general call for proposals for Hyperledger Global Forum sessions, there are a couple of options for sharing about Hyperledger projects that are being reserved for project leads.  We encourage you to take part in these to make the most of the largest Hyperledger event this year.

* Workshops: If you or your team members are attending Global Forum and would like to give a ½ day workshop, please propose one here. We will be able to support a limited number of workshops selected by the Proposals Committee. These are a good way to help people learn how to use and contribute to your project. The submission deadline is Friday, April 29, 2022 at 11:59 PM PDT.

* Meetup: We will be hosting an evening meetup that will be open to the local community and this will allow people who aren’t going to Global Forum to learn more about Hyperledger.  The format will be quick lightning style talks and then time to connect with meetup attendees who want to learn more about what you’re doing.  Please reach out to dboswell@... if you’d like to speak at the meetup.

If you have questions about either of these or about other ways Hyperledger staff can help you with your project, feel free to let us know.  And if you are planning a release or have a big project milestone around the time of Global Forum, let us know and we can help you promote your news.

Thanks,

David

About Hash value seen in transaction in composer-playground

Vivek Vohra

Hello Sir/Mam,
All i made a blockchain in Composer-playground, but in the transaction record, i can't find any Hash Value of the block. So how we can say that it is connected to previous authentic block.
Please guide me.
I'm not from Computer science Background. So please Help me regarding this, i have to show my project on supply chain in Blockchain to my professor. Please Help.

Thank you
Vivek

Two virtual Hyperledger meetups this week about Hyperledger Fabric

David Boswell <dboswell@...>

There are two virtual Hyperledger meetups this week about Hyperledger Fabric.  The first is in English and is about tokenization and will use Fabric for some of the examples.  The second is in Portuguese and is about a tool to help people write chaincode.

Thursday, April 28 at 15:00 UTC / 17:00 CEST: Hyperledger Budapest hosts "Tokenization on enterprise ledgers"

Since these are virtual anyone anywhere can dial-in, so feel free to join or share the links with people who may be interested.  And if there is something you'd like to share with the community at a meetup, feel free to let me know and I can help you get one organized.

Thanks,
David

Re: Is java deprecated for Fabric

Matthew White

Hello;

So start with the Fabric Gateway SDKs (https://hyperledger.github.io/fabric-gateway/) available in Go ,Nodejs and Java

This will let you connect an application to Fabric, and invoke transactions on the Smart Contract.

If you wish then to expose a gRPC server of your own that’s perfectly fine.  We’ve an example of  REST version in fabric-samples that will provide some information about the best map to manage Fabric transactions.

As to writing a gRPC server – I’d refer you to googles own docs 😊

Cheers, Matthew

Hi All, I need to implement GRPC as a server to post and query data in fabric using Java sdk . Can you please help me in getting started? Thanks, Upma  On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 8:25 PM upma gupta <upma121gupta@...> wrote: ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Hi All,

I need to implement GRPC as a server to post and query data in fabric using Java sdk . Can you please help me in getting started?

Thanks,

Upma

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 8:25 PM upma gupta <upma121gupta@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I wanted to check if the Java SDK is deprecated for Fbric 2.2 and higher versions ? Is Java not a choice for fabric implementation?

Regards,

Upma