Thanks.

Tong Li
IBM Open Technology

"Trevor Lee Oakley" ---11/05/2019 07:53:49 PM---I need to test a HLF app, and I am seeking testing tools which can test the security, code audits,

From: "Trevor Lee Oakley" <trevor@...>
To: <fabric@...>
Date: 11/05/2019 07:53 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Testing tools for Hyperledger
Sent by: fabric@...

I need to test a HLF app, and I am seeking testing tools which can test the security, code audits, efficiency etc of the systems.

Are there any utilities for such testing?

Thanks
Trevor

Testing tools for Hyperledger

Trevor Lee Oakley <trevor@...>

I need to test a HLF app, and I am seeking testing tools which can test the security, code audits, efficiency etc of the systems.

Are there any utilities for such testing?

Thanks
Trevor

Re: Major security hole in Hyperledger Fabric - Private Data is not private #fabric-chaincode #ssl #fabric #fabric-questions #fabric-dstorage

Yacov

PBFT has an "all to all" message pattern, so it means that all nodes need to send to all nodes messages.
While it can sustain up to a third faults, it doesn't mean you'd want to run a deployment of PBFT where you'll have a third of the nodes disconnected....

From:        "Ivan Ch" <acizlan@...>
To:        fabric@...
Date:        11/05/2019 05:18 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Major security hole in Hyperledger Fabric - Private Data is not private #fabric #fabric-questions #fabric-dstorage #database #dstorage #dstorage-fabric #fabric-chaincode #ssl
Sent by:        fabric@...

If you have trouble opening ports between companies, you shouldn't use a Blockchain at all, since Blockchain is a decentralized peer to peer protocol.
this statement is so flawed, there is no such requirement in ALL public blockchains. at most you can say is this is true for private/consortium blockchains, even that is terribly flawed since even PBFT does, in theory, allow up to 1/3 disconnected peers.

you can never build a consortium while expecting everyone will open firewalls to each other, especially for international projects. it just can't be done, period.

Ivan Ch <acizlan@...>

If you have trouble opening ports between companies, you shouldn't use a Blockchain at all, since Blockchain is a decentralized peer to peer protocol.
this statement is so flawed, there is no such requirement in ALL public blockchains. at most you can say is this is true for private/consortium blockchains, even that is terribly flawed since even PBFT does, in theory, allow up to 1/3 disconnected peers.

you can never build a consortium while expecting everyone will open firewalls to each other, especially for international projects. it just can't be done, period.

Re: solo to kafka

Artem Barger <bartem@...>

From: "Battaglia TLC" <antonio@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: Artem Barger <bartem@...>
Cc: fabric@...
Date: Tue, Nov 5, 2019 8:02 AM

Dear Artem Barger,

You say me that if i change orderer i lost all the transaction in my ledger?
There is no way to mantain the transactions?

Thanks for your answer.

Antonio

Il 04/11/2019 23:30, Artem Barger ha scritto:
Migration from solo to kafka is not supported. Solo orderer should be used for development and testing only.

From: "Battaglia TLC" <antonio@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: Artem Barger <bartem@...>
Cc: fabric@...

i want change orderer from solo to raft. I can switch off the network
but i want to mantain data in the ledger after restart with new orderer.

It's possible? I haven't found documentation.

Best regards.

Antonio

Re: Alternative of cryptogen for Prod

Abhijeet Bhowmik <abhijeet@...>

Hey,

Thanks to all for the help. I am extremely grateful to everyone.

Abhijeet Bhowmik

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 9:51 PM Joe Alewine <joe.alewine@...> wrote:
Abhijeet,

Certificate Authorities --- specifically, the Fabric CA --- should be used to create all of the certificates in a production scenario (it is a best practice tp stand up one CA for each organization and the organization's related identities, MSP, and nodes).

Consult the Fabric CA User's Guide for more information: https://hyperledger-fabric-ca.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Regards,

Joe Alewine
IBM Blockchain, Raleigh

rocket chat: joe-alewine
slack: joe.alewine

From: "Battaglia TLC" <antonio@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Mon, Nov 4, 2019 8:45 PM

Hello everybody,

i want change orderer from solo to raft. I can switch off the network
but i want to mantain data in the ledger after restart with new orderer.

It's possible? I haven't found documentation.

Best regards.

Antonio

solo to kafka

Battaglia TLC

Joe Alewine <joe.alewine@...>

[...]

Re: Channel Registration Failed

White, Spencer (S.)

Hi,

I believe I resolved the issue. Within my chaincode folder, I had files example-chaincode.js, example-chaincode.go and a compiled go chaincode named example-chaincode. After removing example-chaincode, I was able to successfully spin up the network and deploy the node chaincode.

I will separate the chaincodes into different sub-folders in the future.

Spencer

From: "suresh" <tedlasuresh@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 11/04/2019 09:00 AM

[...]