From: mattia.bolzonella@...
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Java chaincode 1.4.4 failed to submit task for processing #fabric-questions #fabric-chaincode #fabric
Date: Tue, Nov 19, 2019 8:42 AM

After upgrading to 1.4.4 i receive the following error in my chaincode logs: `transaction returned with failure: Failed to submit task for processing` I'm sending transactions in a multithread envirorment, it's not supported anymore?
I've tested both with Fabric 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 but the result is the same.

Java chaincode 1.4.4 failed to submit task for processing #fabric-questions #fabric-chaincode #fabric

Mattia Bolzonella

After upgrading to 1.4.4 i receive the following error in my chaincode logs: `transaction returned with failure: Failed to submit task for processing` I'm sending transactions in a multithread envirorment, it's not supported anymore?
I've tested both with Fabric 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 but the result is the same.

回复: [Hyperledger Fabric] Hyperledger Fabric Vs Composer ACLs

david liu <david-khala@...>

1. It might leak sensitive information of the user inside the certificate
For concern of sensitive information in certificate, you could consider use idemix as a ZKP
2. It is hard to handle the provenance of the attributes, as administrator could add any attributes as he want to an identity
That is why he is admin of his organization.
3. Each time Updating the attributes need to update the Certificate too, so there might be many versions of certificate if we manage to keep it as archive
Instead of rotate the certificate, you could consider upgrade the chaincode who identifies certificate and behaves.

Thank for your answer, related to fine-grained access control by adding attributes to identity of the user
I found that:
1. It might leak sensitive information of the user inside the certificate
2. It is hard to handle the provenance of the attributes, as administrator could add any attributes as he want to an identity
3. Each time Updating the attributes need to update the Certificate too, so there might be many versions of certificate if we manage to keep it as archive
What do you think?

Bests,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 4:53 PM Brett T Logan <Brett.T.Logan@...> wrote:
There is a finite set of resources you can place an ACL on using the following documentation:

To create more fine-grained control you can do Attribute-based Access Control by specify attributes in the x590 identity which can then be used in chaincode to determine if a user should have access to a specific operation at invocation. You can find that doc here:

From: "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Mon, Nov 18, 2019 3:48 AM

Dear all,

In Hyperledger Composer Access Control List is define in a file.acl,
Where is the equivalent access control list in Hyperledger Fabric to the one in Composer?

Bests,

How to update anchor peer after adding a new org to a channel?

Yueming Xu

I followed the tutorial “Adding an Org to a channel”. The new org works, but it does not seem to have an anchor peer defined. How should I update it to include definition of an anchor peer for the new org? Thanks.

Re: Extremely strange behavior with Fabric - modifying ledger out of band

David Enyeart

Remember that blockchains are decentralized ledgers. What you've done here is essentially tampered/corrupted your own local peer's state database so that it is not in sync with the blockchain blocks. This would be similar to tampering/corrupting a bitcoin node's chainstate database of unspent transactions. You won't be able to convince other nodes in the network that your data is correct. In fact they will detect the bad data upon the next endorsement request, and choose never to do business with you again, which was why you'd want to join a Fabric network consortium in the first place.
New blocks weren't created by changing the state database - you were able to submit a transaction which created a new block because you had an endorsement policy of 'one'. Real Fabric deployments should use an endorsement policy strong enough so that one corrupt peer (or a small number of colluding organizations) can't impact the blockchain.

See deeper discussion in prior threads such as https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/fabric/message/4896.

Dave Enyeart

Siddharth Jain ---11/17/2019 10:28:33 PM---see this video: https://youtu.be/KOS5CeP-mNY

From: Siddharth Jain <siddjain@...>
To: David Enyeart <enyeart@...>
Cc: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date: 11/17/2019 10:28 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Extremely strange behavior with Fabric - modifying ledger out of band

see this video: https://youtu.be/KOS5CeP-mNY
Programming Hyperledger Fabric
youtu.be

the resolution is very poor but it contains the steps to repro the issue.

From: "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Mon, Nov 18, 2019 3:48 AM

Dear all,

In Hyperledger Composer Access Control List is define in a file.acl,
Where is the equivalent access control list in Hyperledger Fabric to the one in Composer?

Bests,

Re: Wrong world state #fabric #fabric-questions

Joao Antunes

Hi Tong,

I'm currently investigating the issue and trying to replicate it.

I'll give an update when I reach a conclusion.

Re: Extremely strange behavior with Fabric - modifying ledger out of band

Joao Antunes

Hi,

I think you are changing the world state and not the ledger itself.

Are you storing the database locally (through a volume)? If yes, then the container is reloading CouchDB dataset

And if you reset the peer (there is a new command in 1.4.3 for this), what is the value that it returns?

João Antunes

Re: Hyperledger Fabric Vs Composer ACLs

Brett T Logan <brett.t.logan@...>

From: "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Mon, Nov 18, 2019 3:48 AM

Dear all,

In Hyperledger Composer Access Control List is define in a file.acl,
Where is the equivalent access control list in Hyperledger Fabric to the one in Composer?

Bests,

Re: Fabric SDK resource usage spike issue

Michael Wang

If you have more info, eg. version, it would be easier to get more useful info from community.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 2:46 PM Adhav Pavan <adhavpavan@...> wrote:

Hello Team,

We have containerized an express app using fabric node SDK to interact with the blockchain network.

We have deployed this alongside the fabric network on a single VM.

While testing with a certain load, we are observing that express app (fabric SDK) is consuming a lot of CPU and memory resources compared to other fabric components.

What I have observed is that, generating client object and channel object inside invoke-chaincode.js taking 50ms to 200ms collectively(fluctuating).

Could be this reason we have a spike in CPU and memory usage?

Machine Specification:

4 core, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

Network Spec:

Two ORG having two peers each, Two CA, one couch DB for each peer, solo orderer.

Thank you.

Regards,
Pavan Adhav

Cell Phone:+91-8390114357  E-Mail: adhavpavan@...

--
This is my life,but world of us~~

Hyperledger Fabric Vs Composer ACLs

Kimheng SOK

Dear all,

In Hyperledger Composer Access Control List is define in a file.acl,
Where is the equivalent access control list in Hyperledger Fabric to the one in Composer?

Bests,

Fabric SDK resource usage spike issue

Adhav Pavan

[...]

Siddharth Jain

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date: 11/15/2019 08:35 PM
Sent by: fabric@...

[...]

Re: Python 3 support for #fabric-sdk-node

Gari Singh <garis@...>

It was not really a Node SDK limitation but rather a node-gyp issue.  We require node-gyp as we use native modules.  The latest versions of npm ship with versions of node-gyp which support Python 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.

Can you file a JIRA requesting doc update?
Or of course you can submit the change as well.

/ G

978-846-7499

On Nov 15, 2019, at 3:54 PM, manojkumar.ragupathi@... wrote:

As per the Official Hyperledger Fabric Doc, "The Fabric Node.js SDK requires an iteration of Python 2.7 in order for npm install operations to complete successfully."
As per the https://pythonclock.org/ , "Python 2.7 will not be maintained past 2020. Originally, there was no official date. Recently, that date has been updated to January 1, 2020."

So, Hyperledger Fabric Node SDK, has to support Python 3 soon? Better to go with latest
Python version, 3.8.0 for long run.

Re: please create repo

Ry Jones

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 6:01 AM Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@...> wrote:
Ry, per the approved Fabric RFC [1], please create the following repo

Thanks,

Chris

Python 3 support for #fabric-sdk-node

manojkumar.ragupathi@...

As per the Official Hyperledger Fabric Doc, "The Fabric Node.js SDK requires an iteration of Python 2.7 in order for npm install operations to complete successfully."
As per the https://pythonclock.org/ , "Python 2.7 will not be maintained past 2020. Originally, there was no official date. Recently, that date has been updated to January 1, 2020."

So, Hyperledger Fabric Node SDK, has to support Python 3 soon? Better to go with latest
Python version, 3.8.0 for long run.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hyperledger Fabric v1.4.4 is now available!

David Enyeart

The Hyperledger Fabric maintainers are pleased to announce the availability of Fabric v1.4.4!

Please see the release notes for the list of enhancements and fixes:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/tag/v1.4.4

Download instructions:
https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-1.4/install.html

Thank you,

The Hyperledger Fabric maintainers

Re: COULD NOT ASSEMBLE TRANSACTION, ERR PROPOSAL RESPONSE WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL, ERROR CODE 500, MSG INSTANTIATION POLICY VIOLATION: SIGNATURE SET DIDNOT SATIFY POLICY #fabric-chaincode

Faisal

Yes we have tried packaging, signing and then installing on each peer. We also confirmed by listing the chaincodes on both the peers and the IDs matched. The IDs also matched in the previous case as we did a "peer chaincode list --installed" on each peer and compared the IDs of chaincodes.

4261 - 4280 of 11437