Date

Re: Error when creating channel using peer command

Chetan Gadgilwar

I faced the same problem but regenerated everything from scrach and it started working again.

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 7:56 PM Marina Wanis <marinamaged1996@...> wrote:

Hi,

I got the following error, may please someone tell me the cause of this error. Thanks in advance.

vagrant@vagrant:/vagrant/FabricNetwork/peer/simple-two-org$ peer channel create -o localhost:7050 -c acmechannel -f $CONFIG_DIRECTORY/acme-channel.tx

2020-01-17 14:19:38.370 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 001 Endorser and orderer connections initialized

Error: got unexpected status: BAD_REQUEST -- error validating channel creation transaction for new channel 'acmechannel', could not succesfully apply update to template configuration: error authorizing update: error validating DeltaSet: policy for [Group]  /Channel/Application not satisfied: implicit policy evaluation failed - 0 sub-policies were satisfied, but this policy requires 1 of the 'Admins' sub-policies to be satisfied

Marina

--

Chetan Gadgilwar
+91-99750-48421

Re: ACL - Read Only

David Enyeart

I'm going to have to rescind my response. Yacov's and Simon's comment in the Jira is correct. The Jira stories were opened in 2017 with a pre-fine-grained-ACL mindset. With the fine-grained ACL support (since v1.2), you can now simply exclude the org from the coarse /Channel/Writers policy so that they can't submit transactions to ordering service:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/blob/release-1.4/sampleconfig/configtx.yaml#L414-L416

and change peer/Propose fine-grained ACL to /Channel/Application/Readers so that they can invoke chaincode:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/blob/release-1.4/sampleconfig/configtx.yaml#L211

Dave Enyeart

"David Enyeart" ---01/17/2020 09:09:17 AM---Unfortunately it still has to be managed in chaincode. The requirement for channel readers to be abl

From: "David Enyeart" <enyeart@...>
To: nlzanutim@...
Cc: Fabric <fabric@...>
Date: 01/17/2020 09:09 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] ACL - Read Only
Sent by: fabric@...

Unfortunately it still has to be managed in chaincode. The requirement for channel readers to be able to call read-only chaincode functions has been open for a long time, see https://jira.hyperledger.org/browse/FAB-6959 and its duplicates. I think it is time to prioritize this on the roadmap. What do others think?

Dave Enyeart

"Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" ---01/17/2020 08:36:00 AM---Hey, I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possib

From:
"Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <nlzanutim=yahoo.com@...>
To:
Fabric <fabric@...>
Cc:
fabric@...
Date:
01/17/2020 08:36 AM
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] ACL - Read Only

Hey,

I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possible?
I've been researching on different ACLs but since a "peer chaincode query" is a proposal because
it needs to verify the authenticity of the data with other peers, I haven't been able to map out how
to do it.
I know it's possible in chaincode level but I needed it to be channel application-level. If anyone
has any idea please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick

Re: ACL - Read Only

Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...>

Can you work on a PR for the feature? That's the fastest way to get it in, if the Fab maintainers are open to adding minor new features in the 1.4 branch.

Brian

On January 17, 2020 10:12:57 PM GMT+08:00, "Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <nlzanutim=yahoo.com@...> wrote:
I see.
I think this should be prioritized ASAP on the next 1.4.5 update because many business models require this already. As is in my case and
I'm sure many others are also depending on this feature for efficiency.

From: "Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <nlzanutim=yahoo.com@...>
To: Fabric <fabric@...>
Cc: fabric@...
Date: 01/17/2020 08:36 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] ACL - Read Only
Sent by: fabric@...

Hey,

I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possible?
I've been researching on different ACLs but since a "peer chaincode query" is a proposal because
it needs to verify the authenticity of the data with other peers, I haven't been able to map out how
to do it.
I know it's possible in chaincode level but I needed it to be channel application-level. If anyone
has any idea please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 01/17/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When:
Friday, 17 January 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

[...]

Nicholas Leonardi

I see.
I think this should be prioritized ASAP on the next 1.4.5 update because many business models require this already. As is in my case and
I'm sure many others are also depending on this feature for efficiency.

Em sexta-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2020 11:09:09 BRT, David Enyeart <enyeart@...> escreveu:

Unfortunately it still has to be managed in chaincode. The requirement for channel readers to be able to call read-only chaincode functions has been open for a long time, see https://jira.hyperledger.org/browse/FAB-6959 and its duplicates. I think it is time to prioritize this on the roadmap. What do others think?

Dave Enyeart

Inactive hide details for "Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" ---01/17/2020 08:36:00 AM---Hey, I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possib

From: "Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <nlzanutim=yahoo.com@...>
To: Fabric <fabric@...>
Cc: fabric@...
Date: 01/17/2020 08:36 AM
Sent by: fabric@...

Hey,

I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possible?
I've been researching on different ACLs but since a "peer chaincode query" is a proposal because
it needs to verify the authenticity of the data with other peers, I haven't been able to map out how
to do it.
I know it's possible in chaincode level but I needed it to be channel application-level. If anyone
has any idea please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick

ACL - Read Only

Nicholas Leonardi

Hey,

I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possible?
I've been researching on different ACLs but since a "peer chaincode query" is a proposal because
it needs to verify the authenticity of the data with other peers, I haven't been able to map out how
to do it.
I know it's possible in chaincode level but I needed it to be channel application-level. If anyone
has any idea please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick

Fabric vs CORDA

pksingh8878@...

I have posted a story own medium comparing two of the most popular enterprise blockchain frameworks. Can the community please review the story? I hope people will find it useful.

https://medium.com/@pancham.singh/corda-and-hyperledger-fabric-a-comparitive-analysis-d368238541ca

Thasks

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 01/17/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When:
Friday, 17 January 2020
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Best configuration to implement Decentralization and complete trust in Hyperledger, through Business + tech Perspective. #fabric #fabric-questions

yashukla47@...

How to implement decentralization + trust in the following scenario

An organization A wants to set up a Hyperledger network using which organizations 1,2 and 3 can transact which each other in a decentralized way with trust and company A wants to charge a commission on what every "value" transaction that takes place between the three organization. and only company A should be allowed to add and remove an organization basically company owns the network but it is decentralized and can be trusted by organizations 1,2,3.

So what should be the configuration of the network to implement this scenario? i.e

1) What role should the organization A have? what should the organization A need to have to own the network?
2) Who all should be made the endorser, root CA, MSP, etc?
3) (main doubt) what should be the config for the ordering service? who all should participate in it?
4) If later on more new organizations join the network and form new channels then will there be any change in the architecture?
5) Would org A have to be part of every channel to keep a monitor on the transactions in order to charge the commission?

Last but the main question- is it possible that a 3rd party organization makes and owns a network and charges commission at the same time keeping it decentralized and trusted for the participant organizations.

Re: [Hyperledger Technical WG China] [i18n] Status report on translation of Fabric docs

Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...>

This has gone without a reply since it was posted so I thought I would add one,

It's terrific to see this energy for expanding the global footprint for Fabric! And for taking such a well researched and thoughtful approach to figuring out how to support the needs of translators efficiently. And your recommendations on bold at the bottom make sense for me. Thank you for writing up the recommendations and the rationale, that is valuable for future teams looking at this. An additional repo makes a ton of sense. I am sure here are good techniques to correlate updates to core docs to a need for updating their translated equivalents.

So far, the TSC seems like it has been happy leaving these questions up to individual projects rather than setting a site-wide standard. But the TSC and others in the community might still want to weigh in on this, and if it looks good, consider adopting it as a common standard across projects, so that it's even easier for volunteers for translations on any project to know how and where to plug in.

One last question: would it make sense for translation bundles for in-app localizations to be done in this -i18n repo, or to be done in the main code repo? I'm guessing the former so that a distribution can easily bundle them all together, and they change much less frequently, but I believe they are as important as translated docs (for projects that use them) to highlight to volunteers.

Again, thanks!

Brian

On January 13, 2020 2:57:48 PM GMT+08:00, Yang Cheng <great_cy_ang@...> wrote:
Dear Hyperledger community,

We are a small group of volunteers that have been translating Fabric docs to Chinese since 2018. We’d like to share our current status and rationale behinds some decisions for your reference.

Tool selection

We initially started off using github, since it’s familiar to most of developers, and other projects like k8s have been doing the same. The workflow roughly looks like this:

Admins:
1.create branches in `hyperledger-labs/fabric-docs-cn` following Fabric release tags, for example `1.4.2_zh-CN`
2.populated Github issues with untranslated docs
3.assign issues to translators upon request
4.review pull request
5.readthedocs is updated automatically upon successful merge
6.periodically pull in updates from Fabric docs in the form of new issues

Translators:
1.browse Github issues looking for unassigned issues
2.assign issue by commenting on it
3.translate and submit pull request

This workflow had served us well for a small group of contributors. Later on, translation tools, in particular Zanata and Transifex, were proposed by community members, and we decided to give them a try. However, several major drawbacks of Transifex were observed after months of trial:

1.slow access in this region, resulting in bad user experience
2.intermediate files (.po) loses annotations during conversion, resulting in bad formats
3.no commit sign-off when eventually pushed to github

Therefore, we went back to Github. However, this does not mean we rule out the option of using professional tool, which obviously has its own advantages. Our current focus is to get things done and keep handful of contributors happy. When the time comes that Github becomes bottleneck (either due to increase of volunteers, or number of languages being translated to), we are definitely open for reassessment of tooling.

Location of translated docs

It was proposed to separate docs from Fabric code repo, which can co-exist with translations, similar to k8s [1]. Although the proposal was turned down for solid reasons, and we are happily informed that readthedocs actually supports multiple Github repo setup [2]. This is so far the least invasive option to incorporate non-English docs into main site.

We do not think putting translated docs into Fabric core repo is a good idea, even with fine-grained maintainer-ship in place. The PR page would be overwhelmed by foreign characters and we are no longer able to track tasks with Github issues. Besides, it doesn’t really buy us anything beyond one less repo.

To avoid creating new repo for each language that people are interested in translation, we could also setup a repo `Fabric-i18n` containing them as separate directories, e.g. `zh`, `es`, `de`, etc.

This is how things get done today and we definitely welcome any suggestion and feedback. As the number of volunteers and languages grow, we believe a standardized process will emerge.

Thank you,
Cheng Yang

[2] here’s a demonstration website to show how to incorporate multiple github repo into one readthedocs site https://stone-fabric.readthedocs.io/zh/release-1.4_zh-cn/

--
程阳
Yang Cheng

Documentation Workgroup: Agenda for Friday, 17 Jan.

Anthony O'Dowd <a_o-dowd@...>

Hello!

We will continue our documentation workgroup calls this Friday, both Western and Eastern hemispheres.  A big welcome to everyone - we had a great turn out last week - thanks to everyone who attended!

You can read the summary minutes for last week's meeting: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Meetings

This call really had a lot of content, with a fabulous IOT demo from Chris, super Commercial paper updates from Matthew, exploiting Nick new test network, and Pam bringing us up to date on Rich Zhao's Chinese excellent language doc work. You can catch up via the recording: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Recordings

You'll see that there are lots of interesting items for this week: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+01+17+DWG+Agenda
Please feel free to contribute using the wiki!

You can also help build next week's agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+01+24+DWG+Agenda

Really looking forward to more great work on Fabric documentation in 2020!

Pam, Anthony,  Joe, Nik

Meeting Details
-------------
Please use the following link to attend the meeting:  https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

The meeting times are as follows: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Meeting 111A: Friday 17 Jan
                    1130 India Standard Time
                   1400 China Standard Time
                   1500 Japan Standard Time
                   1700 Australia Eastern Time
                   1400 Singapore Time
                   1000 Gulf Standard Time
                   0900 Moscow Standard Time
                   0600 Greenwich Mean Time
                   0700 Central European Time

Meeting 111B: Friday 17 Jan
              1000 Central Daylight Time
                   1100 Eastern Daylight Time
                   0800 Pacific Daylight Time
                   1300 Brasil Time (BRT)
                   1600 Greenwich Mean Time
                   1700 Central European Time
                   1800 Moscow Standard Time

Enroll ID type error #fabric

George

Hello
Im trying to invoke a transaction on basic network
The error that I get is:
[discovery] chaincodeQuery -> ERRO 06c Failed constructing descriptor for chaincode chaincodes:<name:"mycc" > ,: cannot satisfy any principal combination

After a search I did i found that this error occurs when the peer's enroll id type does not match the smart contract endorsement policy that was configured when the smart contract was instantiated on the channel.
The fix for that as described on this link: https://cloud.ibm.com/docs/services/blockchain-rhos?topic=blockchain-rhos-ibp-v2-troubleshooting#ibp-v2-troubleshooting-anchor-peer
is that the only way to resolve this error is to delete the peer and create a new one with an enroll id that has the correct type peer.

How am I doing that?

I have succesfully install, instantiated and run contracts on byfn(first network sample). Whats different on the basic network other than the existence of a CA container.

Thats how I instantianted the contract:
peer chaincode instantiate -o orderer.example.com:7050 -C $CHANNEL_NAME -n mycc -l node -v 1.0 -c '{"Args":[]}' -P "AND ('Org1MSP.peer')"

Thanks in advance

Re: Error reading configuration: Unsupported Config Type ""

Nikhil Gupta

You need to set the FABRIC_CONFIG_PATH to to your configtx.yaml file.

From: yashukla47@...
To: fabric@...
Date: 01/15/2020 06:10 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] #fabric-questions #hyperledger-fabric
Sent by: fabric@...

what will be the solution to this? is there an inbuilt logic for this kind of privacy?

Consider a bidding platform of 4 organizations where org1 publishes an item and org 2,3 and 4 bid for it(in dollars).
and then there is a chaincode that checks the bids and compare them and declares the winner bidder (one with the highest bid) to make the platform decentralized we make all the three organizations as endorser peers so that each peer is able to see what others have bid.

the problem is that: in a particular scenario being an endorser peer org2 can see the bid of org3 and then increase it’s bid accordingly

what can I do to make the platform decentralized while avoiding this scenario and keeping the system realtime(<50ms)? something like: the organizations are only able to see each others bids only after the winner is
declared

Re: #fabric-questions #hyperledger-fabric #fabric-questions #hyperledger-fabric

Parthiban Selvaraj

Hi,

It can be done in many ways. A simple would be like this,

Create 2 functions in chaincode
1st function will collect all bids from 4 orgs and then store the value along with hash ( can include the digital signature also for verification later). Create a custom endorsement policy like if org1 submits then endorsement policy would be get endorsement from ORG1.member only.(state based endorsement)

2nd function will submit bidding only if there is required no of bids are collected (4 in your case) and it checks the hash of bid value ( verify the signature also). For this you create endorsement policy of what you have mentioned (4 endorsements from 4 orgs)

Through this setup all 4 orgs can submit a bid with custom endorsement and bid processing happens only if all 4 orgs submitted their bids

Thanks and Regards
Parthiban Selvaraj

On Wed, 15 Jan, 2020, 4:40 PM , <yashukla47@...> wrote:

what will be the solution to this? is there an inbuilt logic for this kind of privacy?

Consider a bidding platform of 4 organizations where org1 publishes an item and org 2,3 and 4 bid for it(in dollars).
and then there is a chaincode that checks the bids and compare them and declares the winner bidder (one with the highest bid) to make the platform decentralized we make all the three organizations as endorser peers so that each peer is able to see what others have bid.

the problem is that: in a particular scenario being an endorser peer org2 can see the bid of org3 and then increase it’s bid accordingly

what can I do to make the platform decentralized while avoiding this scenario and keeping the system realtime(<50ms)? something like: the organizations are only able to see each others bids only after the winner is
declared

3901 - 3920 of 11437