Date

Best configuration to implement Decentralization and complete trust in Hyperledger, through Business + tech Perspective. #fabric #fabric-questions

yashukla47@...

How to implement decentralization + trust in the following scenario

An organization A wants to set up a Hyperledger network using which organizations 1,2 and 3 can transact which each other in a decentralized way with trust and company A wants to charge a commission on what every "value" transaction that takes place between the three organization. and only company A should be allowed to add and remove an organization basically company owns the network but it is decentralized and can be trusted by organizations 1,2,3.

So what should be the configuration of the network to implement this scenario? i.e

1) What role should the organization A have? what should the organization A need to have to own the network?
2) Who all should be made the endorser, root CA, MSP, etc?
3) (main doubt) what should be the config for the ordering service? who all should participate in it?
4) If later on more new organizations join the network and form new channels then will there be any change in the architecture?
5) Would org A have to be part of every channel to keep a monitor on the transactions in order to charge the commission?

Last but the main question- is it possible that a 3rd party organization makes and owns a network and charges commission at the same time keeping it decentralized and trusted for the participant organizations.

Re: [Hyperledger Technical WG China] [i18n] Status report on translation of Fabric docs

Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...>

This has gone without a reply since it was posted so I thought I would add one,

It's terrific to see this energy for expanding the global footprint for Fabric! And for taking such a well researched and thoughtful approach to figuring out how to support the needs of translators efficiently. And your recommendations on bold at the bottom make sense for me. Thank you for writing up the recommendations and the rationale, that is valuable for future teams looking at this. An additional repo makes a ton of sense. I am sure here are good techniques to correlate updates to core docs to a need for updating their translated equivalents.

So far, the TSC seems like it has been happy leaving these questions up to individual projects rather than setting a site-wide standard. But the TSC and others in the community might still want to weigh in on this, and if it looks good, consider adopting it as a common standard across projects, so that it's even easier for volunteers for translations on any project to know how and where to plug in.

One last question: would it make sense for translation bundles for in-app localizations to be done in this -i18n repo, or to be done in the main code repo? I'm guessing the former so that a distribution can easily bundle them all together, and they change much less frequently, but I believe they are as important as translated docs (for projects that use them) to highlight to volunteers.

Again, thanks!

Brian

On January 13, 2020 2:57:48 PM GMT+08:00, Yang Cheng <great_cy_ang@...> wrote:
Dear Hyperledger community,

We are a small group of volunteers that have been translating Fabric docs to Chinese since 2018. We’d like to share our current status and rationale behinds some decisions for your reference.

Tool selection

We initially started off using github, since it’s familiar to most of developers, and other projects like k8s have been doing the same. The workflow roughly looks like this:

Admins:
1.create branches in `hyperledger-labs/fabric-docs-cn` following Fabric release tags, for example `1.4.2_zh-CN`
2.populated Github issues with untranslated docs
3.assign issues to translators upon request
4.review pull request
5.readthedocs is updated automatically upon successful merge
6.periodically pull in updates from Fabric docs in the form of new issues

Translators:
1.browse Github issues looking for unassigned issues
2.assign issue by commenting on it
3.translate and submit pull request

This workflow had served us well for a small group of contributors. Later on, translation tools, in particular Zanata and Transifex, were proposed by community members, and we decided to give them a try. However, several major drawbacks of Transifex were observed after months of trial:

1.slow access in this region, resulting in bad user experience
2.intermediate files (.po) loses annotations during conversion, resulting in bad formats
3.no commit sign-off when eventually pushed to github

Therefore, we went back to Github. However, this does not mean we rule out the option of using professional tool, which obviously has its own advantages. Our current focus is to get things done and keep handful of contributors happy. When the time comes that Github becomes bottleneck (either due to increase of volunteers, or number of languages being translated to), we are definitely open for reassessment of tooling.

Location of translated docs

It was proposed to separate docs from Fabric code repo, which can co-exist with translations, similar to k8s [1]. Although the proposal was turned down for solid reasons, and we are happily informed that readthedocs actually supports multiple Github repo setup [2]. This is so far the least invasive option to incorporate non-English docs into main site.

We do not think putting translated docs into Fabric core repo is a good idea, even with fine-grained maintainer-ship in place. The PR page would be overwhelmed by foreign characters and we are no longer able to track tasks with Github issues. Besides, it doesn’t really buy us anything beyond one less repo.

To avoid creating new repo for each language that people are interested in translation, we could also setup a repo `Fabric-i18n` containing them as separate directories, e.g. `zh`, `es`, `de`, etc.

This is how things get done today and we definitely welcome any suggestion and feedback. As the number of volunteers and languages grow, we believe a standardized process will emerge.

Thank you,
Cheng Yang

[2] here’s a demonstration website to show how to incorporate multiple github repo into one readthedocs site https://stone-fabric.readthedocs.io/zh/release-1.4_zh-cn/

--
程阳
Yang Cheng

Documentation Workgroup: Agenda for Friday, 17 Jan.

Anthony O'Dowd <a_o-dowd@...>

Hello!

We will continue our documentation workgroup calls this Friday, both Western and Eastern hemispheres.  A big welcome to everyone - we had a great turn out last week - thanks to everyone who attended!

You can read the summary minutes for last week's meeting: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Meetings

This call really had a lot of content, with a fabulous IOT demo from Chris, super Commercial paper updates from Matthew, exploiting Nick new test network, and Pam bringing us up to date on Rich Zhao's Chinese excellent language doc work. You can catch up via the recording: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Recordings

You'll see that there are lots of interesting items for this week: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+01+17+DWG+Agenda
Please feel free to contribute using the wiki!

You can also help build next week's agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+01+24+DWG+Agenda

Really looking forward to more great work on Fabric documentation in 2020!

Pam, Anthony,  Joe, Nik

Meeting Details
-------------
Please use the following link to attend the meeting:  https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

The meeting times are as follows: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Meeting 111A: Friday 17 Jan
                    1130 India Standard Time
                   1400 China Standard Time
                   1500 Japan Standard Time
                   1700 Australia Eastern Time
                   1400 Singapore Time
                   1000 Gulf Standard Time
                   0900 Moscow Standard Time
                   0600 Greenwich Mean Time
                   0700 Central European Time

Meeting 111B: Friday 17 Jan
              1000 Central Daylight Time
                   1100 Eastern Daylight Time
                   0800 Pacific Daylight Time
                   1300 Brasil Time (BRT)
                   1600 Greenwich Mean Time
                   1700 Central European Time
                   1800 Moscow Standard Time

Enroll ID type error #fabric

George

Hello
Im trying to invoke a transaction on basic network
The error that I get is:
[discovery] chaincodeQuery -> ERRO 06c Failed constructing descriptor for chaincode chaincodes:<name:"mycc" > ,: cannot satisfy any principal combination

After a search I did i found that this error occurs when the peer's enroll id type does not match the smart contract endorsement policy that was configured when the smart contract was instantiated on the channel.
The fix for that as described on this link: https://cloud.ibm.com/docs/services/blockchain-rhos?topic=blockchain-rhos-ibp-v2-troubleshooting#ibp-v2-troubleshooting-anchor-peer
is that the only way to resolve this error is to delete the peer and create a new one with an enroll id that has the correct type peer.

How am I doing that?

I have succesfully install, instantiated and run contracts on byfn(first network sample). Whats different on the basic network other than the existence of a CA container.

Thats how I instantianted the contract:
peer chaincode instantiate -o orderer.example.com:7050 -C $CHANNEL_NAME -n mycc -l node -v 1.0 -c '{"Args":[]}' -P "AND ('Org1MSP.peer')"

Thanks in advance

Re: Error reading configuration: Unsupported Config Type ""

Nikhil Gupta

You need to set the FABRIC_CONFIG_PATH to to your configtx.yaml file.

From: yashukla47@...
To: fabric@...
Date: 01/15/2020 06:10 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] #fabric-questions #hyperledger-fabric
Sent by: fabric@...

what will be the solution to this? is there an inbuilt logic for this kind of privacy?

Consider a bidding platform of 4 organizations where org1 publishes an item and org 2,3 and 4 bid for it(in dollars).
and then there is a chaincode that checks the bids and compare them and declares the winner bidder (one with the highest bid) to make the platform decentralized we make all the three organizations as endorser peers so that each peer is able to see what others have bid.

the problem is that: in a particular scenario being an endorser peer org2 can see the bid of org3 and then increase it’s bid accordingly

what can I do to make the platform decentralized while avoiding this scenario and keeping the system realtime(<50ms)? something like: the organizations are only able to see each others bids only after the winner is
declared

Re: #fabric-questions #hyperledger-fabric #fabric-questions #hyperledger-fabric

Parthiban Selvaraj

Hi,

It can be done in many ways. A simple would be like this,

Create 2 functions in chaincode
1st function will collect all bids from 4 orgs and then store the value along with hash ( can include the digital signature also for verification later). Create a custom endorsement policy like if org1 submits then endorsement policy would be get endorsement from ORG1.member only.(state based endorsement)

2nd function will submit bidding only if there is required no of bids are collected (4 in your case) and it checks the hash of bid value ( verify the signature also). For this you create endorsement policy of what you have mentioned (4 endorsements from 4 orgs)

Through this setup all 4 orgs can submit a bid with custom endorsement and bid processing happens only if all 4 orgs submitted their bids

Thanks and Regards
Parthiban Selvaraj

On Wed, 15 Jan, 2020, 4:40 PM , <yashukla47@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: HLF Java SDK - Chaincode instantiation failure

Matthew White

Hello;

I run a very simple setup; VirtualBox on Windows 10, with Ubuntu (though trying Manjaro as well).   Docker does take a lot of memory so it was a good idea to check that.

For scenarios such as this, I'd always suggest monitoring all the docker containers - specifically try and catch the docker container that is run to build the chaincode; this only has a short life - but often provides a useful clue as to problems.

I would recommend something like this  https://gist.github.com/mbwhite/a32abc57a0a45ecc466977ceef67df1f  (using Logspout).. Start monitoring as soon as Fabric has started and see what occurs.

Also, could you link to which specific tutorial you're using?  Thanks!

From: "Tomás Peixinho" <tom.peixinho@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "hyperledger-fabric@..." <hyperledger-fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] HLF Java SDK - Chaincode instantiation failure
Date: Tue, Jan 14, 2020 9:43 PM

Good evening,

I'm using the java sdk to work with hyperledger fabric and I'm having some trouble. I'm trying to write my own application based on the "fabcar" example that is provided.

I'm running a virtual machine (VirtualBox, in case it matters) with a linux distribution, I follow all the steps from the tutorial on github, but when it gets to the point that needs to run DeployInstantiateChaincode.java (to deploy the chaincode on the peers and instantiate it on the channel, if I'm not mistaken), the "deployment" gives a SUCCESS message for each of the peers (peer 0 and 1 on org 1, and peer 0 and 1 on org 2, which is the default for the tutorial), however the "instantiation" always gives a FAILURE message.

I tried it on Xubuntu, Lubuntu and Kali. Never works. I thought it could be a memory problem so I increased the ram, I tried increasing the timeouts on the config file, but still nothing works. A friend of mine tried to run it on his computer (the exact same code, the same structure, he even used the same .sh file that I wrote to run all the terminal commands) and it works sometimes (he's using Kali on VMWare, it's the only difference). Could it be a problem with my computer? Could it be that it is too slow to manage to instantiate the chaincode in time, before it gives the timeouts? Below are the lines that print on the terminal. Not very explanatory but it's what I get:

Jan 14, 2020 3:47:04 PM main.java.org.example.client.FabricClient deployChainCode
INFO: Deploying chaincode fabcar using Fabric client Org1MSP admin
Jan 14, 2020 3:47:04 PM main.java.org.example.network.DeployInstantiateChaincode main
INFO: fabcar- Chain code deployment SUCCESS
Jan 14, 2020 3:47:04 PM main.java.org.example.network.DeployInstantiateChaincode main
INFO: fabcar- Chain code deployment SUCCESS
Jan 14, 2020 3:47:04 PM main.java.org.example.client.FabricClient deployChainCode
INFO: Deploying chaincode fabcar using Fabric client Org2MSP admin
Jan 14, 2020 3:47:04 PM main.java.org.example.network.DeployInstantiateChaincode main
INFO: fabcar- Chain code deployment SUCCESS
Jan 14, 2020 3:47:04 PM main.java.org.example.network.DeployInstantiateChaincode main
INFO: fabcar- Chain code deployment SUCCESS
Jan 14, 2020 3:47:04 PM main.java.org.example.client.ChannelClient instantiateChainCode
INFO: Instantiate proposal request fabcar on channel mychannel with Fabric client Org2MSP admin
Jan 14, 2020 3:47:04 PM main.java.org.example.client.ChannelClient instantiateChainCode
INFO: Instantiating Chaincode ID fabcar on channel mychannel
Jan 14, 2020 3:48:13 PM main.java.org.example.client.ChannelClient instantiateChainCode
INFO: Chaincode fabcar on channel mychannel instantiation java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture@55787112[Completed exceptionally: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The proposal responses have 0 inconsistent groups with 4 that are invalid. Expected all to be consistent and none to be invalid.]
Jan 14, 2020 3:48:13 PM main.java.org.example.network.DeployInstantiateChaincode main
INFO: fabcar- Chain code instantiation FAILURE
Jan 14, 2020 3:48:13 PM main.java.org.example.network.DeployInstantiateChaincode main
INFO: fabcar- Chain code instantiation FAILURE
Jan 14, 2020 3:48:13 PM main.java.org.example.network.DeployInstantiateChaincode main
INFO: fabcar- Chain code instantiation FAILURE
Jan 14, 2020 3:48:13 PM main.java.org.example.network.DeployInstantiateChaincode main
INFO: fabcar- Chain code instantiation FAILURE

I honestly don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I do everything on the tutorials. I think the first time I tried running it, it worked, but all the other consecutive runs didn't. I need to deploy and instantiate the chaincode in order to test my application. I don't know what else to do. I might format my computer and try again, not sure if it'll work or not... My pc is an Asus Intel Core I7, with 8GB of ram, in case it matters. Any help would be appreciated. This is my thesis project and I can't seem to finish it.

Thank you for any help that can be provided.

Best regards

Tomás

HLF Java SDK - Chaincode instantiation failure

Tomás Peixinho

[...]

New Fabric Documentation merge process proposal

Pam Andrejko

On one of the recent contributors calls there was a discussion about a the process for merging Fabric documentation content. As a result of that discussion, we would like to propose a new process for getting documentation content merged.

Note that although there has been discussion about moving to a new Fabric repo, for now we’d like to leave the documentation in the existing Fabric repo in order to maintain developer contribution and engagement and in order to keep the docs in sync with the Fabric releases and code. Of course, this does not preclude us from moving it to its own repo in the future if we decide there are additional benefits to be gained.

Why do we want to modify the process?
- Encourage more community contribution by including more contributors in the process.
- Simplify the process to merge trivial changes to the documentation.
- Facilitate inclusion of translated content in ReadTheDocs.

Proposal:
1. If a PR contains both documentation and code updates, use the existing Fabric code review and approval process.
2. If a PR contains content only under the /docs folder - then a default set of documentation reviewers are automatically notified by GitHub. To start, we propose the reviewer list include: Anthony, Joe, Nik, Pam, Chris Gabriel, Jim Mason, Lesley-Ann Jordan. Note that Fabric Maintainers will also still be notified.
3. A Documentation PR can be merged by a non-author Documentation Maintainer - whose merge capability is restricted to the /docs folder. We propose this list include:   Anthony O'Dowd, Joe Alewine, Nik Gupta, Pam Andrejko, Chris Gabriel, FUTURE: Rich Zhao (for translated content, once we have the process sorted out).

We have reviewed this process with Brett Logan and he has figured out an automated way for this to work (thank you Brett):
  • Add a new maintainers team to the Fabric repository - `Documentation Maintainers` where membership to this group is managed by the Linux Foundation.
  • Configure a mergify bot such that after:
    1. The documentation PR is approved by a Documentation Maintainer using the normal "Review changes" pane,  and
    2. The Documentation Maintainer adds the label `doc-approve` to a documentation PR.
  •  Then, the mergify bot runs and the content is merged.
  • Because the traditional "Merge" button will be disabled for Documentation Maintainers, they have to add the `doc-approve` label to trigger the bot merge.
  • Non-documentation Maintainers can still continue to the use the merge button to merge documentation PRs as per usual.
  • The bot is configured such that Documentation Maintainers are restricted to merging PRs under the /docs folder.
  • For adding or removing documentation maintainers, we can add a 'Documentation Maintainers' table to MAINTAINERS.md
  • Then, submit a PR against that table, collect the votes, and merge.
  • Someone from the Linux Foundation updates the team definition per the table.

Documentation Maintainers are allowed to propose new Documentation reviewers and new Documentation Maintainers.

Criteria to become a Documentation Maintainer:

A track record of sustained documentation leadership  in the form of GitHub reviews or contributions, or consistent documentation workgroup contributions, or translation contribution.

We welcome your feedback and comments.

Pam Andrejko

Motion for final comment period: Programming Model Updates for Go SDK

Heather Pollard <heatherp@...>

Hi everyone,

I am requesting that we enter the final comment period for the RFC for Go SDK new programming model and proposing that it is merged at the end of this period, in one week. The aim of this period is for any fabric maintainers to communicate any final comments or objections to the proposed RFC.

Applying the Programming Model to the Go SDK was discussed on a Fabric Contributors Meeting on the 11th December and the recording is available here.

Please reach out to Andrew Coleman (andrew_coleman@...) or me with any queries

Thanks,
Heather

Software Engineer, IBM Blockchain
Autism Ambassador

Motion for final comment period: Ledger-api RFC

Heather Pollard <heatherp@...>

Hi everyone,

I am requesting that we enter the final comment period for the Ledger-api RFC and proposing that it is merged at the end of this period, in one week. The aim of this period is for any fabric maintainers to communicate any final comments or objections to the proposed RFC.

The ledger-api was discussed on a Fabric Contributors Meeting on the 11th December and the recording is available here.

Please reach out to Matthew White (whitemat@...) or me with any queries

Thanks,
Heather

Software Engineer, IBM Blockchain
Autism Ambassador

Upcoming TSC update for Fabric

Ry Jones

In a little over a week, the Fabric project has the first update for 2020 due.

I will be setting up the automatic reminders, but I'm not there yet.
Ry

Re: Chaincode nodejs getStateByPartialCompositeKey

David Enyeart

Yes, see the getStateByPartialCompositeKey sample here:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/blob/release-1.4/chaincode/marbles02/node/marbles_chaincode.js#L243-L295

Dave Enyeart

"Kimheng SOK" ---01/13/2020 12:27:00 PM---Dear all, Is there any documentation example of how to use

From: "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
To: hyperledger-fabric@...
Date: 01/13/2020 12:27 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Chaincode nodejs getStateByPartialCompositeKey
Sent by: fabric@...

Dear all,

Is there any documentation example of how to use getStateByPartialCompositeKey in nodejs chaincode to query the data from the object list and iterate through it to view all the result.

Thank for help.

Bests,

Chaincode nodejs getStateByPartialCompositeKey

Kimheng SOK

Dear all,

Is there any documentation example of how to use getStateByPartialCompositeKey in nodejs chaincode to query the data from the object list and iterate through it to view all the result.

Thank for help.

Bests,

Re: JIRA Cleanup

Matthew Sykes

I have finished labeling JIRA items associated with the Fabric project. If you find an item with a `stale-item` label that you believe should not be closed out next week, please remove the label and add a comment indicating why it is still relevant.

Thanks.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 7:07 PM Matthew Sykes via Lists.Hyperledger.Org <matthew.sykes=gmail.com@...> wrote:
As part of our v2 shutdown (and my own new year resolution to be better about doing my chores), we'll be doing some work to close out old JIRA work items.

Over the next few days, open items that have not had a meaningful update in more than 9 months will be tagged with a 'stale-item' label. One week after that process has completed, any open items with that label will be closed out.

If a JIRA item you are interested in gets tagged and you want to stop it from being closed, please comment on the issue with information about why it is still relevant and remove the tag. This will indicate further discussion is warranted and we will defer closing the item pending that discussion.

Since the issues are simply being closed and not deleted, if something falls through the crack, we can always reopen as necessary.

Matthew Sykes

--
Matthew Sykes
matthew.sykes@...