Date

How to correctly access current identity public key cert in node.js SDK #fabric-sdk-node

Mike Harding

Hi,

I wish to access the public key certificate of the current user prior to invoking a chaincode transaction in my client application.

At present to access the identity I do the following using the Node SDK:
const adminIdentity = gateway.getCurrentIdentity();
const id = adminIdentity.getIdentity();
From here I'd assume a function e.g. id.getCertificate() or id.getPublicKey() to be available but this is not the case based on the documentation.

From exploring the object I see I can do something like id._publicKey._key.pubKeyHex. But this doesn't seem right to me?

Any clarification would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Mike

Fabric token status and roadmap #fabric

P Singh

What is plan for Fabric token which was introduced in 2.0 alpha and later removed?

I could not find mention of it in fabric development roadmap

Will appreciate information on what are the next steps on Fabric Token and how can I contribute.

Thanks

Re: Editing/deleting world state in blockchain.

David Enyeart

See prior related answer:
https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/fabric/message/4896

You can use private data collections to keep certain data private to a set of organizations or even a single organization, and then share it on a need-to-know basis. The private data is only available on authorized peers. Only hashes of the private data remain on the channel ledger (and in state databases), which can later be used to verify the private data. The patterns mentioned here should help you understand the possibilities: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/private-data/private-data.html#sharing-private-data.

Dave Enyeart

"qwert limframe" ---01/20/2020 12:24:42 AM---I know that blockchain is tamper-proof and that World state stores the most recent state of a transa

From: "qwert limframe" <qwertlimframe@...>
To: hyperledger-fabric@...
Date: 01/20/2020 12:24 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Editing/deleting world state in blockchain.
Sent by: fabric@...

I know that blockchain is tamper-proof and that World state stores the most recent state of a transaction.

But the World state ledger can be deleted/edited. So, what if instead of tampering the blockchain ledger we directly tamper the world state.

And also, is the world state visible to everyone on the network? If yes, then anyone can know the amount of money that is in my wallet, how is this not a security concern.

Fw: Next Hyperledger Fabric Application Developer Community call - this Thursday, Jan 23rd @ 4pm UTC (4pm UK) - 11am ET, 8am PT

Paul O'Mahoney <mahoney@...>

dear Fabric Application Developer,

the next  Fabric Application Developer community call is scheduled for this  Thursday Jan 23rd @ 4pm UTC (4pm UK) - 11am ET (-5 hrs), 8am PT(-8 hrs) - see time zones.   It lasts approx 30-60 mins FYI.

The agenda  is here -> https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Meeting+Agendas%3A+Fabric+Application+Developer+Community+Call

This community call is held bi-weekly via Zoom webconference and is aimed at :

- helping the worldwide Hyperledger Fabric Application Developer community grow (eg. developing applications, smart contracts,  developing application clients, using the SDKs, tutorials/demos etc -  NodeJS/TypeScript, Java, Go etc etc)
- helping App developers understand / hear more about exciting new things in Fabric, eg. features upcoming or work in progress - ie things that appeal to the developer
- foster more interest, best practices etc in developing applications (eg developing solutions, use cases) with Hyperledger Fabric.
- opportunity to ask questions of the Fabric team eg. you may have feedback/questions on your experiences developing solutions with Fabric
- to share stuff you've done with the community, eg sample code / sample use cases that others may be interested in

If you wish to share content on a call, just let me know via email direct or DM me on Rocketchat (ID: mahoney1) and I'll put an item on the agenda. Provide the following:
- the topic (state whether its presentation, or demo etc)
- the full name of the presenter, and
- approx length of your pitch in minutes

The Zoom webconference ID is https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

More information can be found on the community page -> https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Fabric+Application+Developer+Community+Calls

You can get calendar invites (eg iCal) here

many thanks for your time - feel free to forward this email if you think it is of interest to a colleague.

Paul O'Mahony
Community Lead - Hyperledger Fabric Developer Community
RocketChat:  mahoney1

mahoney@...

Re: Which languages are supported for chaincode? Contradictory docs

Parthiban Selvaraj

Hi Trevor,

At present fabric supports GO, JAVA and all JavaScript frameworks (typescript, JavaScript and node.js) as a chaincode language. Following SDKs are officially supported JAVA and Node.js. GO and Python SDKs are also supported unofficially.

Fabric platform was built in such way that it can take any general purpose programming language as it is chaincode programming languages.  Issue with general purpose programming languages are the Non-deterministic nature. With help of fabric architecture (execute - order - validate) we can avoid them.

Thanks and Regards
Parthiban Selvaraj

On Mon, 20 Jan, 2020, 10:58 AM Trevor Lee Oakley, <trevor@...> wrote:
What languages are supported for chaincode and also SDK implementations?

I saw the online docs state just Java and Nodejs are supported. The pdf states -

Chaincode can be implemented in several programming languages. Currently, Go and Node are supported.

Trevor

Which languages are supported for chaincode? Contradictory docs

Trevor Lee Oakley <trevor@...>

What languages are supported for chaincode and also SDK implementations?

I saw the online docs state just Java and Nodejs are supported. The pdf states -

Chaincode can be implemented in several programming languages. Currently, Go and Node are supported.

Trevor

Editing/deleting world state in blockchain.

qwert limframe

I know that blockchain is tamper-proof and that World state stores the most recent state of a transaction.

But the World state ledger can be deleted/edited. So, what if instead of tampering the blockchain ledger we directly tamper the world state.

And also, is the world state visible to everyone on the network? If yes, then anyone can know the amount of money that is in my wallet, how is this not a security concern.

Re: Consenter error after docker images update

Jay Guo

it seems that requests are submitted too quickly, before `allarewelcome` channel completes its start phase. Could you try inject a sleep before failed operation and try again?

- J

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 1:22 AM Niklas Krohn <niklas.krohn1@...> wrote:
Hi all,

So to describe the situation: This is just the basic starterFiles-network based on BYFN. I set up a simple script deploying the network, and it all worked fine 7 days ago. However, in the meantime I updated all docker images on the computer and now when I run the bootstrap script, it fails halfway in it.

I read about the issue here - https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-1.1/ordering-service-faq.html, but it seems like kafka-nodes and zookeeper-nodes are fine? Issue seems to be between orderer and peers?

I suspect there might be two possible explanations:
- I updated the docker images today, then there is something that needs to be some adjustments to orderer config? I believe this maybe due to the fact that everything worked fine 7 days ago before I updated all images.
- There are some mixups between the ports that the docker containers use?

The error messages are easy to locate in orderer and peer logs below, in addition to last line in bootstrap-script. However, I do struggle to find the way to a solution. I obviously already tried to teardown the network, restart computer and recreated new crypto material and re-start the network, with same error message.

Appreciate all hints in the right direction. Thank you!

Network-overview:

network-overview.png

Bootstrap script with error message - the script stops at last line, when it tries to install chaincode on peer1, after successfully doing it on peer0:

bootstrap.png

Orderer log:

orderer.png

Peer0.org1 log:

peer0org1a.png
peer0org1b.png

Peer1.org1 logs:

peer1.org1.png

Kafka node log:

kafka.png

Zookeeper node log:

zookeeper.png

Ports overview:

ports1.png
ports2.png

orderer info from docker-compose.yml:

orderer-yaml.png

peer0 info from docker-compose.yml:

peer0-yaml.png

peer1 info from docker-compose.yml:

peer1-yaml.png

Re: Consenter error after docker images update

Niklas Krohn <niklas.krohn1@...>

If I switch orderer mode back to Solo instead of Kafka, the same error appear again. So, I suspect this has nothing to do with kafka-configuration, but maybe something between the ports between peer0.org1, peer1.org1 and the orderer node?

Network overview after switching back to Solo, and re-starting the whole network:

docker network.png

Peer0.org1 log:

peer0org1log1.png
peer0.org1log2.png

peer1.org1 log:

peer1.org1log1.png
peer1.org1log2.png

Orderer log:

orderer-log1.png
orderer-log2.png
orderer-log3.png

niklas.krohn1@...

[...]

Re: Error when creating channel using peer command

Chetan Gadgilwar

I faced the same problem but regenerated everything from scrach and it started working again.

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 7:56 PM Marina Wanis <marinamaged1996@...> wrote:

Hi,

I got the following error, may please someone tell me the cause of this error. Thanks in advance.

vagrant@vagrant:/vagrant/FabricNetwork/peer/simple-two-org$ peer channel create -o localhost:7050 -c acmechannel -f $CONFIG_DIRECTORY/acme-channel.tx

2020-01-17 14:19:38.370 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 001 Endorser and orderer connections initialized

Error: got unexpected status: BAD_REQUEST -- error validating channel creation transaction for new channel 'acmechannel', could not succesfully apply update to template configuration: error authorizing update: error validating DeltaSet: policy for [Group]  /Channel/Application not satisfied: implicit policy evaluation failed - 0 sub-policies were satisfied, but this policy requires 1 of the 'Admins' sub-policies to be satisfied

Marina

--

Chetan Gadgilwar
+91-99750-48421

Re: ACL - Read Only

David Enyeart

I'm going to have to rescind my response. Yacov's and Simon's comment in the Jira is correct. The Jira stories were opened in 2017 with a pre-fine-grained-ACL mindset. With the fine-grained ACL support (since v1.2), you can now simply exclude the org from the coarse /Channel/Writers policy so that they can't submit transactions to ordering service:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/blob/release-1.4/sampleconfig/configtx.yaml#L414-L416

and change peer/Propose fine-grained ACL to /Channel/Application/Readers so that they can invoke chaincode:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/blob/release-1.4/sampleconfig/configtx.yaml#L211

Dave Enyeart

"David Enyeart" ---01/17/2020 09:09:17 AM---Unfortunately it still has to be managed in chaincode. The requirement for channel readers to be abl

From: "David Enyeart" <enyeart@...>
To: nlzanutim@...
Cc: Fabric <fabric@...>
Date: 01/17/2020 09:09 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] ACL - Read Only
Sent by: fabric@...

Unfortunately it still has to be managed in chaincode. The requirement for channel readers to be able to call read-only chaincode functions has been open for a long time, see https://jira.hyperledger.org/browse/FAB-6959 and its duplicates. I think it is time to prioritize this on the roadmap. What do others think?

Dave Enyeart

"Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" ---01/17/2020 08:36:00 AM---Hey, I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possib

From:
"Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <nlzanutim=yahoo.com@...>
To:
Fabric <fabric@...>
Cc:
fabric@...
Date:
01/17/2020 08:36 AM
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] ACL - Read Only

Hey,

I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possible?
I've been researching on different ACLs but since a "peer chaincode query" is a proposal because
it needs to verify the authenticity of the data with other peers, I haven't been able to map out how
to do it.
I know it's possible in chaincode level but I needed it to be channel application-level. If anyone
has any idea please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick

Re: ACL - Read Only

Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...>

Can you work on a PR for the feature? That's the fastest way to get it in, if the Fab maintainers are open to adding minor new features in the 1.4 branch.

Brian

On January 17, 2020 10:12:57 PM GMT+08:00, "Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <nlzanutim=yahoo.com@...> wrote:
I see.
I think this should be prioritized ASAP on the next 1.4.5 update because many business models require this already. As is in my case and
I'm sure many others are also depending on this feature for efficiency.

From: "Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <nlzanutim=yahoo.com@...>
To: Fabric <fabric@...>
Cc: fabric@...
Date: 01/17/2020 08:36 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] ACL - Read Only
Sent by: fabric@...

Hey,

I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possible?
I've been researching on different ACLs but since a "peer chaincode query" is a proposal because
it needs to verify the authenticity of the data with other peers, I haven't been able to map out how
to do it.
I know it's possible in chaincode level but I needed it to be channel application-level. If anyone
has any idea please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 01/17/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When:
Friday, 17 January 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

[...]

Nicholas Leonardi

I see.
I think this should be prioritized ASAP on the next 1.4.5 update because many business models require this already. As is in my case and
I'm sure many others are also depending on this feature for efficiency.

Em sexta-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2020 11:09:09 BRT, David Enyeart <enyeart@...> escreveu:

Unfortunately it still has to be managed in chaincode. The requirement for channel readers to be able to call read-only chaincode functions has been open for a long time, see https://jira.hyperledger.org/browse/FAB-6959 and its duplicates. I think it is time to prioritize this on the roadmap. What do others think?

Dave Enyeart

Inactive hide details for "Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" ---01/17/2020 08:36:00 AM---Hey, I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possib

From: "Nicholas Leonardi via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <nlzanutim=yahoo.com@...>
To: Fabric <fabric@...>
Cc: fabric@...
Date: 01/17/2020 08:36 AM
Sent by: fabric@...

Hey,

I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possible?
I've been researching on different ACLs but since a "peer chaincode query" is a proposal because
it needs to verify the authenticity of the data with other peers, I haven't been able to map out how
to do it.
I know it's possible in chaincode level but I needed it to be channel application-level. If anyone
has any idea please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick

ACL - Read Only

Nicholas Leonardi

Hey,

I'm trying to achieve an organization to be read-only (query-only) in a channel. Is that possible?
I've been researching on different ACLs but since a "peer chaincode query" is a proposal because
it needs to verify the authenticity of the data with other peers, I haven't been able to map out how
to do it.
I know it's possible in chaincode level but I needed it to be channel application-level. If anyone
has any idea please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick

Fabric vs CORDA

P Singh

I have posted a story own medium comparing two of the most popular enterprise blockchain frameworks. Can the community please review the story? I hope people will find it useful.

https://medium.com/@pancham.singh/corda-and-hyperledger-fabric-a-comparitive-analysis-d368238541ca

Thasks

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 01/17/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When:
Friday, 17 January 2020
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London