To: fabric@...
From: "Jean-Gaël Dominé"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 03/02/2020 03:58AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] #fabric #tls TLS handshake error on "exotic" ports whereas network works perfectly fine

Hi all,

In the logs of my peers, I get a lot of TLS handshake errors similar to this one:

2020-02-27 08:27:53.296 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 07e TLS handshake failed with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=10.50.134.108:44634
2020-02-27 08:27:53.604 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 07f TLS handshake failed with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=10.50.134.108:44638
2020-02-27 08:27:54.036 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 080 TLS handshake failed with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=10.50.134.108:44648 This is an extract from my peer0 of org1. The IP 10.50.134.108 corresponds to my peer1 of org1. But I also get the same kind of errors on peer1-org1 with the IP of peer1-org2.
What I do not understand is:
- What are these ports (on other peers it's in the range of 56000-57000) and where are they defined?
- My network seems to perfectly work (I can query and invoke my chaincode)
Of course I get these errors only when TLS server is enabled in the network

Thanks for your help

JG

Fw: Next Hyperledger Fabric Application Developer Community call - this Thursday, Mar 5th @ 4pm UTC (4pm UK) - 11am ET, 8am PT

Paul O'Mahoney <mahoney@...>

dear Fabric Application Developer,

the next  Fabric Application Developer community call is scheduled for this  Thursday Mar 5th @ 4pm UTC (4pm UK) - 11am ET (-5 hrs), 8am PT(-8 hrs) - see time zones.   It lasts approx 30-60 mins FYI.

The agenda will be posted here -> https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Meeting+Agendas%3A+Fabric+Application+Developer+Community+Call

This community call is held bi-weekly via Zoom webconference and is aimed at :

- helping the worldwide Hyperledger Fabric Application Developer community grow (eg. developing applications, smart contracts,  developing application clients, using the SDKs, tutorials/demos etc -  NodeJS/TypeScript, Java, Go etc etc)
- helping App developers understand / hear more about exciting new things in Fabric, eg. features upcoming or work in progress - ie things that appeal to the developer
- foster more interest, best practices etc in developing applications (eg developing solutions, use cases) with Hyperledger Fabric.
- opportunity to ask questions of the Fabric team eg. you may have feedback/questions on your experiences developing solutions with Fabric
- to share stuff you've done with the community, eg sample code / sample use cases that others may be interested in

If you wish to share content on a call, just let me know via email direct or DM me on Rocketchat (ID: mahoney1) and I'll put an item on the agenda. Provide the following:
- the topic (state whether its presentation, or demo etc)
- the full name of the presenter, and
- approx length of your pitch in minutes

The Zoom webconference ID is https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

More information can be found on the community page -> https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Fabric+Application+Developer+Community+Calls

You can get calendar invites (eg iCal) here

many thanks for your time - feel free to forward this email if you think it is of interest to a colleague.

Paul O'Mahony
Community Lead - Hyperledger Fabric Developer Community
RocketChat:  mahoney1

mahoney@...

#fabric #tls TLS handshake error on "exotic" ports whereas network works perfectly fine #fabric #tls

Jean-Gaël Dominé <jgdomine@...>

[...]

HSMs best practice

Trevor Lee Oakley <trevor@...>

I have been using softhsm2 and testing that. It has a lot of options. Given the basic problem of CAs being Org based, I was wondering if any guidelines exist for HSMs. I saw AWS have a service and I think Azure has one too.

I am wondering especially if there is any recommended way of storing keys on actual hardware versus a software based service.

Does anyone have any views?

Trevor

Re: HSMs and clients

Ashutosh Kumar

Node is and Java SDK client has HSM support. Fabric CA client also has HSM support

From: "Brian Behlendorf" <bbehlendorf@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Tue, Jun 4, 2019 11:59 AM

Thanks Hakan.  And thank you to APG and Accenture NL for agreeing to open up the code.  With major contributions like this it's always best to engage the community at the start of the work, so you can build upon what's been done already, or contribute to existing efforts.  Hopefully you didn't duplicate much ongoing work.  Presuming it didn't, the best course will be to submit it as a PR to Gerrit, rather than just posting a link to a Github repo.  And with all contributions of code, hopefully it comes with an implied commitment to help maintain it going forward, as presumably you'd be maintaining it for your own needs yourselves going forward anyways.

Can a Fabric maintainer comment on the current or anticipated state of Kube support in Fabric is?  Whether this code is helpful or a different approach is being taken?

Brian

On 6/4/19 4:59 AM, Hakan Eryargi wrote:

Dear HL Fabric Community,

We are so happy and excited to announce that we have just opened our source code for running HL Fabric in Kubernetes :)

https://github.com/APGGroeiFabriek/PIVT

This repository contains a couple of Helm charts to:

·         Configure and launch the whole HL Fabric network, either:

o    A simple one, one peer per organization and Solo orderer

o    Or scaled up one, multiple peers per organization and Kafka orderer

·         Populate the network:

o    Create the channels, join peers to channels, update channels for Anchor peers

o    Install/Instantiate all chaincodes, or some of them, or upgrade them to newer version

·         Backup and restore the state of whole network

This work is a result of collaborative effort between APG and Accenture NL.

We had implemented these Helm charts for our project's needs, and as the results looks very promising, decided to share the source code with HL Fabric community. Hopefully it will fill a large gap! Special thanks to APG for allowing opening the source code :)

We strongly encourage the HL Fabric community to take ownership of this repository, extend it for further use cases, use it as a test bed and adapt it to the Fabric provided samples to get rif of endless Docker Compose files and Bash scripts.

Cheers and happy BlockChaining in Kubernetes!

Hakan Eryargi (r a f t)

www.accenture.com

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 02/28/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm #cal-reminder

fabric@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <fabric@...>

Reminder: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When: Friday, 28 February 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

View Event

Organizer: Anthony O'Dowd a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 02/28/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When:
Friday, 28 February 2020
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Documentation Workgroup: Agenda for Friday, 28 Feb

Anthony O'Dowd <a_o-dowd@...>

Hello!

We will hold the documentation workgroup call this Friday as usual -- with both an Eastern hemisphere and Western hemisphere call.

You can read all about last week's call at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+02+21+DWG+Agenda It included a V2 status update from Pam and Joe, a review of the 1.4.5 LTS release, an update on the Deployment guide including CA deployment instructions.

Thanks again to Joe for recording. Catch up here: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Recordings

You'll see that there are lots of interesting items for this week: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+02+28+DWG+Agenda

Please feel free to contribute using the wiki, including helping to build next week's agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+03+06+DWG+Agenda

Thanks!

Pam, Anthony,  Joe, Nik

Meeting Details
-------------
Please use the following link to attend the meeting:  https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

The meeting times are as follows: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Meeting 117A: Friday 28 Feb
                   1130 India Standard Time
                   1400 China Standard Time
                   1500 Japan Standard Time
                   1700 Australia Eastern Time
                   1400 Singapore Time
                   1000 Gulf Standard Time
                   0900 Moscow Standard Time
                   0600 Greenwich Mean Time
                   0700 Central European Time

Meeting 117B: Friday 28 Feb
              1100 Central Daylight Time
                   1200 Eastern Daylight Time
                   0900 Pacific Daylight Time
                   1400 Brasil Time (BRT)
                   1700 Greenwich Mean Time
                   1800 Central European Time
                   1900 Moscow Standard Tim

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 02/28/2020 6:00am-7:00am #cal-reminder

fabric@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <fabric@...>

Reminder: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When: Friday, 28 February 2020, 6:00am to 7:00am, (GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

View Event

Organizer: Anthony O'Dowd a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Agenda, minutes and recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hyperledger Fabric v2.0.1 is now available!

David Enyeart

The first set of fixes on v2.0 is now available. See release notes for details:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/tag/v2.0.1

We expect the next quarterly release v2.1 to be available by end of April.

Re: Doubt in defining an Asset

Matthew White

Hi - the world state is a set of key-value pairs - the value can be whatever data format you wish. Marshalling these is part of the job of the client applications.

From: "Ameya Sinha via Lists.Hyperledger.Org" <t-amsi=microsoft.com@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Cc: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Doubt in defining an Asset
Date: Wed, Feb 26, 2020 12:02 PM

Hi,

I had two questions.

I wanted to know if it would be possible to define an asset which is self-referential. Also when defining assets such as these, do they work in the traditional way of how we think about self-referential structures? i.e do they store the address of the node but now the address is on the blockchain DB.

I’m trying something that would look like –

              type playlist struct {

    name       string `json:"name"`

    head       *song `json:"head"`

    nowPlaying *song `json:"nowPlaying"`

}

Thanks for any help!

Ameya Sinha.

Doubt in defining an Asset

t-amsi@...

Hi,

I had two questions.

I wanted to know if it would be possible to define an asset which is self-referential. Also when defining assets such as these, do they work in the traditional way of how we think about self-referential structures? i.e do they store the address of the node but now the address is on the blockchain DB.

I’m trying something that would look like –

              type playlist struct {

    name       string `json:"name"`

    head       *song `json:"head"`

    nowPlaying *song `json:"nowPlaying"`

}

Thanks for any help!

Ameya Sinha.

回复: [Hyperledger Fabric] Hashing of World State.

david liu <david-khala@...>

in what aspect you mean hashing the world state?

From: "David Enyeart" <enyeart@...>
To: fabric <fabric@...>
Date: 02/20/2020 08:58 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] ANNOUNCEMENT: Hyperledger Fabric v1.4.5 is now available!
Sent by: fabric@...

Hyperledger Fabric and Fabric CA v1.4.5 are now available. See details of the included fixes in the release notes:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/tag/v1.4.5
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-ca/releases/tag/v1.4.5

We have received some questions about LTS release status. v1.4.x continues to be the LTS release and 3rd digit patch releases will continue to be made available on the v1.4.x release stream. Once the maintainers designate a v2.x minor release as the next LTS release, there will be an overlap period where maintenance fixes will continue to be provided for both releases, to allow existing production networks time to perform rolling upgrades.

Thanks to all the community members who reported an issue or provided a fix in the v1.4.5 release! Your efforts help to ensure that Fabric is well tuned for production workloads and operations.

Dave Enyeart
_._,_._,_

回复: [Hyperledger Fabric] #fabric #fabric-questions #fabric-ca #fabric-ca-client

david liu <david-khala@...>

Before you blame it to fabric-ca-client, please help to re-test it again with `fabric-ca-client` command tool.