Date

Documentation Workgroup: Agenda for Friday, 14 Feb

Anthony O'Dowd <a_o-dowd@...>

Hello!

We will hold the documentation workgroup call this Friday, both Western and Eastern hemispheres.   Thanks to everyone who attended last week's call.

The summary minutes for last week's meeting: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Meetings

You can read all about the call at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+02+07+DWG+Agenda It included a V2 status update from Pam and Joe, a review of our new Chinese language docs, an overview of the new style guide from Joe, and the new deployment guide.

Specifically, we'd would like to express our thanks to Rich Zhao and his team on the release of the Chinese language docs - a great piece of work! You can check them out: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/zh_CN/release-1.4/

All-in-all, a great session last week. You can catch up via the recording: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Recordings

You'll see that there are lots of interesting items for this week: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+02+14+DWG+Agenda
Please feel free to contribute using the wiki, including helping to build next week's agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+02+21+DWG+Agenda

Thanks!

Pam, Anthony,  Joe, Nik

Meeting Details
-------------
Please use the following link to attend the meeting:  https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

The meeting times are as follows: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Meeting 115A: Friday 14 Feb
                   1130 India Standard Time
                   1400 China Standard Time
                   1500 Japan Standard Time
                   1700 Australia Eastern Time
                   1400 Singapore Time
                   1000 Gulf Standard Time
                   0900 Moscow Standard Time
                   0600 Greenwich Mean Time
                   0700 Central European Time

Meeting 115B: Friday 14 Feb
              1100 Central Daylight Time
                   1200 Eastern Daylight Time
                   0900 Pacific Daylight Time
                   1400 Brasil Time (BRT)
                   1700 Greenwich Mean Time
                   1800 Central European Time
                   1900 Moscow Standard Tim

[common.deliver] deliverBlocks -> DEBU 371 Rejecting deliver for X.X.X.X:42926 because channel tracktrace not found

Siddharth Jain

we have a network that runs fine without Docker but when we try to containerize it we get this error in orderer logs:

2020-02-13 22:19:16.706 UTC [common.deliver] deliverBlocks -> DEBU 371 Rejecting deliver for X.X.X.X:42926 because channel tracktrace not found

we can actually see the channel if we look inside the orderer

root@a60672f8b829:/home# ls /var/hyperledger/production/chains
foo  tracktrace

we have mounted the orderer directory (when it was running without Docker) to /var/hyperledger/production

anyone know what's going on here and how to fix this? thanks

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 02/14/2020 6:00am-7:00am #cal-reminder

fabric@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <fabric@...>

Reminder: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When: Friday, 14 February 2020, 6:00am to 7:00am, (GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

View Event

Organizer: Anthony O'Dowd a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Agenda, minutes and recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Re: How to unpackage (or unpack, unzip, extract) a chaincode?

Brett T Logan <brett.t.logan@...>

Here is a very, very basic program to ingest the chaincode package and output a tarball of it: https://github.com/yeasy/blockchain_guide/blob/master/_code/unpack_chaincode.go

Credit to Baohua Yang for the answer:

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: Matthew Sykes <matthew.sykes@...>
Cc: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] How to unpackage (or unpack, unzip, extract) a chaincode?
Date: Wed, Feb 12, 2020 8:40 PM

How do i do that?

From: westerkamp@...
To: fabric@...
Date: 02/12/2020 04:50 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Local Collections in Fabric 2.0 #fabric
Sent by: fabric@...

Hi everyone,

Some time ago there has been a discussion concerning local collections with the goal to obscure members of a collection to other participants of a channel in FAB-7593.

I was wondering about the impact of novel Fabric 2.0 features on the proposal or if Fabric 2.0 delivers functionality that enables such collections already? In that context, I have checked out the private data sharing patterns descibed here. Especially the "Keeping transactors private" pattern seems very related.

I would like to introduce a short example to clearify the requirements: Four organizations A, B, C and D participate in a shared channel. A and B collaborate using chaincode containing a private data collection. C and D should not be able to observe that A and B are collaborating. Therefore, when A is submitting a transaction, C and D should not be able to tell who is affected by that transaction. Currently, the data collection definition reveals all members of the collections, so that C and D can derive that A and B are collaborating (from my understanding).

So my questions are:
- Can Fabric 2.0 already implement such a use can, e.g. by applying the "Keeping transactors private" pattern? If so, what would it look like in detail?
- If it cannot be implemented by Fabric 2.0 yet, what do we need to do so? Is FAB-7593 still relevant in context of Fabric 2.0?

Thanks and best regards,
Martin

Local Collections in Fabric 2.0 #fabric

@informartin

[...]

Installing HyperLedger Fabric on Raspberry Pi #hyperledger-fabric

Jonah Cancio

Hello, would you happen to have a tutorial on how to install HyperLedger Fabric 2.0 on a Raspberry Pi 3? As well as getting it to the point where one can run the fabric-samples such as byfn and fabcar properly?

Re: Unable to launch/instantiate chaincode container

Siddharth Jain

think we found what is causing the problem. the peer is on one network but if we manually create a container from the chaincode image, it is not on the same network. how can we fix this?

peer:
"Networks": {
                "testnet": {
                    "IPAMConfig": null,
                    "Links": null,
                    "Aliases": [
                        "2032a003bce7"
                    ],
                    "NetworkID": "c0d70c64a014356e634b6511bb551a44e7ce3badf172792adad5a44a64d1e27b",
                    "EndpointID": "c37e20e91cc5ec3fb8c3f33512cbfecfbdb7ed9021825a749ccffa029ae6bf8b",
                    "Gateway": "172.18.0.1",
                    "IPAddress": "172.18.0.3",
                    "IPPrefixLen": 16,
                    "IPv6Gateway": "",
                    "GlobalIPv6Address": "",
                    "GlobalIPv6PrefixLen": 0,
                    "MacAddress": "02:42:ac:12:00:03",
                    "DriverOpts": null

chaincode container:
            "Networks": {
               "bridge": {
                   "IPAMConfig": null,
                   "Links": null,
                   "Aliases": null,
                   "NetworkID": "f6d2d4227f8879d8601149235c1574635be846bf8f9e63be8f6c0f56a62c5a8d",
                   "EndpointID": "ed2d439e55f0d3b74ab08ac528b52cdab0ab9b68f00cf671cab79687c0d1081e",
                   "Gateway": "172.17.0.1",
                   "IPAddress": "172.17.0.3",
                   "IPPrefixLen": 16,
                   "IPv6Gateway": "",
                   "GlobalIPv6Address": "",
                   "GlobalIPv6PrefixLen": 0,
                   "MacAddress": "02:42:ac:11:00:03",
                   "DriverOpts": null

we have tried setting CORE_VM_DOCKER_HOSTCONFIG_NETWORKMODE to testnet but it does not make any difference.