Date

Re: Configuring yargs through package.json is deprecated and will be removed in the next major release, please use the JS API instead.

Matthew White

Hello; Yes you can.

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: Matthew White <WHITEMAT@...>
Cc: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Configuring yargs through package.json is deprecated and will be removed in the next major release, please use the JS API instead.
Date: Fri, May 22, 2020 6:20 PM

can we use 2.1.2 of Node SDK with 2.0 of the peer and orderer or do the versions have to match?

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date: Thu, May 21, 2020 6:15 PM

we see this error in chaincode logs with
"fabric-contract-api": "2.0.0",
does anyone know what is this about and how to fix this?

hyperledger

music prime

how to use go sdk to deploy first network.
kindly help

what does clientAuthRequired do? #ssl

sukill

when should i enable and disable clientAuthRequired option?

Re: Convert private data hash to string

David Enyeart

A hash is a one way operation, so if you are trying to convert the hash back into the pre-image, it cannot be done (that's the whole point!). But you can verify that the on-chain hash matches some known pre-image value, by taking a sha256 hash of the value and comparing the two, either inside the chaincode, or on client side. Here's a sample of how to do the verification within chaincode:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/blob/master/chaincode/marbles_transfer/marbles_transfer.go#L261-L281

Dave Enyeart

"Brett T Logan" ---05/25/2020 06:15:25 PM---Byte slices in Go can be cast directly to strings `string(bytes)` Brett Logan

From: "Brett T Logan" <brett.t.logan@...>
To: harniavis@...
Cc: fabric@...
Date: 05/25/2020 06:15 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Convert private data hash to string
Sent by: fabric@...

Byte slices in Go can be cast directly to strings `string(bytes)`

E-mail: brett.t.logan@...

From: "Harris Niavis" <harniavis@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Mon, May 25, 2020 6:09 PM

Hi all,

--
Harris Niavis
Yale Institute of Network Science (YINS)
s: niavisharris

Convert private data hash to string

Harris Niavis

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to check the hash on the ledger, produced by the private data collection, I use the GetPrivateDataHash function in the chaincode, which returns the hash in bytes.

How can I umarshal and convert this to string? Do I need to know the bytes encoding structure?

Thanks,
Harris

--
Harris Niavis
Yale Institute of Network Science (YINS)
s: niavisharris

How can I get the namespace of calling chaincode while using the function of invokeChaincode() ?

radarzhhua@...

I invoke a chaincode named "A"  and chaincode A invokes another chaincode named "B" by using invokeChaincode. How can I get the name(namespace) of chaincode "A"  in the called  chaincode "B"。Just like msg.sender in Ethereum.

#fabric #fabric-sdk-node #hyperledger-fabric #hyperledger-fabric #fabric #fabric-sdk-node

lohfu@...

Hi,

In version 2.0 of the node sdk for fabric it appears channel.queryBlock, channel.queryBlockByHash, channel.queryInfo and similar have been removed from fabric-network. How does one now query blocks?

Thanks in advance,
/ Linus Miller

Re: Hyperledger

Jim

Look at the Fabcar sample app in Fabric Tutorials
It has CLI calls to add a car, run a query.

Jim

On Sunday, May 24, 2020, 01:54:32 PM EDT, music prime <as040228@...> wrote:

How can I call CLI commands externally...
How can I make that happen?

Hyperledger

music prime

How can I call CLI commands externally...
How can I make that happen?

Re: How can i monitor Hyperledger Fabric metrics?

Santiago Figueroa Lorenzo

Dear Tong,

I appreciate your response.

Following your recommendatios i enabled the operation for the variables in each node and right now it works fine (see first image).

Other points to consider:
  • To include HFB nodes, prometheus, alertmanager, nodeexporter, cadvisor, grafana, pushgateway, caddy in the same docker network
  • To add a hostname to each HFB node in order to map in prometheus
  • To use curl (e.g. curl localhost:HFBnode_port/logspec) to troubleshoot
  • To query via http://HFBnode_ip: HFBnode_port/metrics (see second image) to verify the metrics previously to synchronize with grafana.
Thanks again,

Santiago.

image.png

image.png

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:00 PM email4tong@... <email4tong@...> wrote:
Santiago,
   You basically just need to enable the operation port for both peer and orderer node like this

For orderer node:
ORDERER_OPERATIONS_LISTENADDRESS=<<Nodename or Node IP>>:<<portNumber>>
ORDERER_OPERATIONS_TLS_ENABLED=false
ORDERER_METRICS_PROVIDER=prometheus

for peer:
CORE_OPERATIONS_LISTENADDRESS= <<Nodename or Node IP>>:<<portNumber>>
CORE_OPERATIONS_TLS_ENABLED=false
CORE_METRICS_PROVIDER=prometheus

If you enable the tls for operation, then you will have to deal with tls cert. I suggest that you leave it false for testing first, make sure it is working, then secure it.

If you use minifabric (https://github.com/litong01/minifabric) to setup a fabric network which takes less than 3 minutes if you have a clean docker env, you get a working fabric network and health and metrics service enabled automatically.

Cheers

Tong.

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 9:42:11 AM EDT, Santiago Figueroa Lorenzo <santiagofigueroalorenzo@...> wrote:

Hi fabric experts,

I have deployed an HFB network and then I ran the dockprom, a monitoring solution for Docker hosts and containers with Prometheus and Grafana. Right now i can mononitoring the status of HFB Nodes (see image), however i need to go deeper, i.e., i need to monitoring the prometheus metrics defined by HFB in the documentation (e.g., consensus_etcdraft_active_nodes, consensus_etcdraft_cluster_size and so on).

Someone has experience setting up HFB metrics at prometheus.

Thanks,

Santiago.

image.png

Re: Is there any way to control what version of Node will be used by the chaincode container?

Brett T Logan <brett.t.logan@...>

Node chaincode by default is run in the hyperledger/fabric-nodeenv:<fabric version> docker image. And this image is specified in core.yaml at CORE_CHAINCODE_NODE_RUNTIME, you can modify this value to use a different image if you want.

Siddharth Jain --- [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Is there any way to control what version of Node will be used by the chaincode container? ---

From:"Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
To:fabric@...
Date:Fri, May 22, 2020 23:14
Subject:[EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Is there any way to control what version of Node will be used by the chaincode container?

the title says it all. Using Fabric, 2.0 Is there any way to control what version of Node will be used by the chaincode container?

is there any page which lists

Fabric Version | Node Version deployed in chaincode container

Is there any way to control what version of Node will be used by the chaincode container?

Siddharth Jain

the title says it all. Using Fabric, 2.0 Is there any way to control what version of Node will be used by the chaincode container?

is there any page which lists

Fabric Version | Node Version deployed in chaincode container

TLS handshake failed with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=Orderer remoteaddress #docker-compose #fabric-orderer

Abdel-Rahman Ashraf <abdelrahman9709@...>

Hello I am new to Hyperledger fabric V2.0 and I am working on my first application.

I generated the crypto-config folder and the channel-artifcats, but when I run the peer and orderer nodes the orderers exit(2) after seconds and I receive this error in the logs "TLS handshake failed with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=Orderer remoteaddress=172.23.0.6:50948 "
"hint" I do not know if this will make a difference or not but I still did not any chaincode to the files.

I do not know why the orderers are not using the "local host" IP as specified .
This is my Github repo to take a look at the yaml files. https://github.com/AbdelrahmanAshraf9079/ExpleoHyperledgerFabric/tree/master/fixtures

Best Regards

Re: #hyperledger-fabric #hyperledger-fabric

Brett T Logan <brett.t.logan@...>

Fabric does not use the REST protocol. Under the covers the CLI and other Fabric components use gRPC and protocol buffers. Postman does not support this out of the box. While you can make a tool to make these calls yourself, you are essentially just recreating our existing SDK's.

From: "music prime" <as040228@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] #hyperledger-fabric
Date: Fri, May 22, 2020 4:26 PM

  • hello i have made my hyperledger network and now ,
    I want to call the CLI command with the help of REST API
    so that i can trigger them through POSTMAN
    Kindly help!!

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date: Thu, May 21, 2020 6:15 PM

we see this error in chaincode logs with
"fabric-contract-api": "2.0.0",
does anyone know what is this about and how to fix this?

Re: Fabric support on python #fabric #fabric-chaincode

Kamlesh Nagware

Hi Rui,

Fabric chaincode can be developed in go language, Java, and java script. currently python not supported.
--

Thanks & Regards,

Kamlesh Nagware

VP Blockchain

Snapper Future Tech

Mobile : +91 9511 2213 01

Web: http://www.snapperfuturetech.com/

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 05/22/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When:
Friday, 22 May 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+01:00) Europe/London