Date

How to selectively configure orderer nodes for particular channels?

Mr.Phuwanai Thummavet

Dear all,

I have a requirement to selectively configure ordering service nodes for particular channels.
For example, there is a consortium of 5 OSN organizations and I want to create 2 channels.

For the first channel, 3 of them would be selectively configured, whereas
all the OSN nodes would be configured for the second channel.
How can I achieve that?

Thank you.
Phuwanai Thummavet
Blockchain Architect and Full-Stack Developer

Documentation Workgroup: Agenda for Friday, 10 July

Anthony O'Dowd <a_o-dowd@...>

Hi All,

We will hold the documentation workgroup calls this Friday -- with both an Eastern hemisphere and Western hemisphere call. We hope our US colleagues had a fruitful  Independence Day! Please feel free to come along, you're always very welcome.

You can read about last week's calls at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+07+03+DWG+Agenda You'll see significant minutes for both the Eastern and Western hemisphere calls, and recordings for both sessions. Our Eastern and Western hemisphere calls are very well attended at the moment -- thanks to all for your contributions and collaboration.

Our Eastern hemisphere had excellent contributions from the Japanese and Malayalam working group teams. Our Malayalam and Japanese workgroups are fully up and running, and very productive right now - thank you for your collaboration!.

Kondo-san and Nishijima-san from the Japanese workgroup shared details of their meet-up occurring  this week, and as a result of a most successful meeting, there has been wonderful increase in contributions to the Japanese translation this week. Thank you to the Japanese team, and looking forward to tomorrow's update.

Aneena and the Malayalam team also provided a most impressive list of translation topics; the Malayalam translation is almost ready for publication.  Moreover,  Aneena and Saingits is organizing a Hyperledger study group for India, Japan, China and Australia Hyperledger users targeted for July 11;  contact Aneena for more details. She is also organizing a Women in Blockchain event -- with some great speakers.  We'll find out the latest on these activities on tomorrow's call. Thanks to Sangits College of Engineering for all their contributions.

Our Western hemisphere call kept us up to date with these as we approach 2.2! Anthony gave a quick update on the release. Renato took us through his Portuguese translation with an update on a potential Spanish translation. The Portugues translation is now ready for publication and we're working with Brett to iron out one remaining CI pipeline issue. We also did a review of the i18n repository.  It was a cosy, but productive session!

You can catch up with the full recordings and other sessions: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Recordings

See https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+7+10+DWG+Agenda for this week's agenda for the eastern and western hemisphere calls.

Please feel free to contribute using the wiki, including helping to build next week's agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+07+17+DWG+Agenda

Thanks!

Pam,  Joe, Anthony

Meeting Details
-------------
Please use the following link to attend the meeting:  https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

The meeting times are as follows: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Meeting 136A: Friday 10 July
                   1130 India Standard Time
                   1400 China Standard Time
                   1500 Japan Standard Time
                   1700 Australia Eastern Time
                   1400 Singapore Time
                   1100 Gulf Standard Time
                   1000 Moscow Standard Time
                   0700 Greenwich Mean Time
                   0800 Central European Time

Meeting 136B: Friday 10 July
              1100 Central Daylight Time
                   1200 Eastern Daylight Time
                   0900 Pacific Daylight Time
                   1400 Brasil Time (BRT)
                   1600 Greenwich Mean Time
                   1700 Central European Time
                   1800 Moscow Standard Time

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 07/10/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When:
Friday, 10 July 2020
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT+01:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Hyperledger Fabric v2.2 LTS is now available!

David Enyeart

Hi David, the merged RFC is a summary of several of the contributor meeting discussions:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-rfcs/blob/master/text/0005-lts-release-strategy.md

Dave Enyeart

"david liu" ---07/09/2020 09:27:41 PM---Congratulations! Dave, would you mind share the link about LTS lifecycle strategy explanation here?

From: "david liu" <david-khala@...>
To: David Enyeart <enyeart@...>, fabric <fabric@...>
Date: 07/09/2020 09:27 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] 回复: [Hyperledger Fabric] ANNOUNCEMENT: Hyperledger Fabric v2.2 LTS is now available!
Sent by: fabric@...

Congratulations! Dave, would you mind share the link about LTS lifecycle strategy explanation here?
I mean the one used in one of past contributor meetings.

Best Regards,
David Liu

From: keerthycbe@...
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Critical: Chaincode package Installation error in Openshift Platform with Fabric v2.1.0 using external chaincode service #fabric #externalbuilders
Date: Thu, Jul 9, 2020 12:44 PM

Hi All,

We are trying to deploy fabric nodes with external chaincode service option in Openshift platform 4.3. As the Openshift platform doesn't have access to docker daemon for peer to create chaincode container, we are using the external chaincode service feature provided in version 2.0. All our nodes are running 2.1.0 but getting the following error while installing chaincode in peer nodes from the cli container. There should not be any docker dependency as we have moved to the external chainocde option. Please find below the screenshot for error details. Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks and Regards
Keerthi

keerthycbe@...

Hi All,

We are trying to deploy fabric nodes with external chaincode service option in Openshift platform 4.3. As the Openshift platform doesn't have access to docker daemon for peer to create chaincode container, we are using the external chaincode service feature provided in version 2.0. All our nodes are running 2.1.0 but getting the following error while installing chaincode in peer nodes from the cli container. There should not be any docker dependency as we have moved to the external chainocde option. Please find below the screenshot for error details. Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks and Regards
Keerthi

Re: Chain code install approval and commit on existing channel .

p.kirkinezis@...

Yeah what about when 2 organizations  exist on separate servers ?
You have to exchange tls keys with secure copy and then run the commit command on one of the servers ?

Re: Chain code install approval and commit on existing channel .

David Enyeart

This document walks you through exactly what you need to do to deploy a chaincode across two orgs with a policy of majority:
https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/deploy_chaincode.html
It also includes a troubleshooting section for errors such as yours.

In a nutshell:
- org1 admin installs and approves on org1 peer.
- org2 admin installs and approves on org2 peer.
- either admin can then send the final commit request to both peers.

Each of the approval transactions, and the final commit transaction, get submitted to ordering service to record the transactions on the channel.

Dave Enyeart

p.kirkinezis---07/09/2020 04:25:40 AM---I have a channel with 2 organizations Server 1 Org1 and Server 2 Org2 . My endorsement policy and li

From: p.kirkinezis@...
To: fabric@...
Date: 07/09/2020 04:25 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Chain code install approval and commit on existing channel .
Sent by: fabric@...

I have a channel with 2 organizations Server 1 Org1 and Server 2 Org2 .
My endorsement policy and lifecycle policy is set to majority .

What approach should I apply for approval distribution ?
I have to approve the same package id in both server 1 and server 2 and orderer will distribute approval ?
Because i am a little confused i only tried the concept on local host.
I tried many times but I end up getting endorsement policy failure
2020-07-09 07:38:42.239 UTC [chaincodeCmd] ClientWait -> INFO 001 txid [1e2e5a9c1717f2546fc520d0760012281b2c137f23e4457405aa469f66a96bfd] committed with status (ENDORSEMENT_POLICY_FAILURE) at 192.168.69.20:7001
Error: transaction invalidated with status (ENDORSEMENT_POLICY_FAILURE)

two proposal responses and failure on commit?

Roxana Danger

Hello,

I have a contract with one transaction returning a boolean. The transaction is endorsed to just one peer (peer0.org1.example.com). The transaction executes correctly until the end and returns true, but it fails to commit with the following error:

org.hyperledger.fabric.gateway.ContractException: Transaction commit was rejected by peer peer0.org1.example.com:7051

I noticed that submit(...) generated two proposals (for two peers at peer0.org1.example.com:7051 with different IDs). The method validatePeerResponses returns just one of these proposals as valid, but it fails to commit it by the CommitHandler (it has again two peers of org1!!).

My network is formed by 2 peers, one orderer, and the endorsement policy is majority for all.
Does anyone can explain this behaivour?

Many thanks,
Roxana

invoke failed

Roxana Danger

Hello,

I have a chaincode with two contracts such that the second contract invoke a transaction of the first one as follows:

class ContractA implements ContractInterface{
     @Transaction
     public boolean trans1(MyContext ctx, String data) {
         return result;

class ContractB implements ContractInterface{
     @Transaction
     public boolean trans2(MyContext ctx, String data) {
         Chaincode.Response response = ctx.getStub().invokeChaincode(chaincodeId,
                    new String[]{ContractA:trans1, "data"});

During the execution of trans2, the invokeChaincode fails with the error: "INVOKE_CHAINCODE failed: transaction ID exists". According to the documentation, no other transaction will be created by calling invokeChaincode, therefore, it is correct that the invocation is created with the same transaction ID.

Is it a bug or am I doing something incorrect in my design?

Many thanks in advance,

Roxana

Chain code install approval and commit on existing channel .

p.kirkinezis@...

I have a channel with 2 organizations Server 1 Org1 and Server 2 Org2 .
My endorsement policy and lifecycle policy is set to majority .

What approach should I apply for approval distribution ?
I have to approve the same package id in both server 1 and server 2 and orderer will distribute approval  ?
Because i am a little confused i only tried the concept on local host.
I tried many times but I end up getting endorsement policy failure
2020-07-09 07:38:42.239 UTC [chaincodeCmd] ClientWait -> INFO 001 txid [1e2e5a9c1717f2546fc520d0760012281b2c137f23e4457405aa469f66a96bfd] committed with status (ENDORSEMENT_POLICY_FAILURE) at 192.168.69.20:7001
  Error: transaction invalidated with status (ENDORSEMENT_POLICY_FAILURE)

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 07/10/2020 6:00am-7:00am #cal-reminder

fabric@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <fabric@...>

Reminder: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When: Friday, 10 July 2020, 6:00am to 7:00am, (GMT+01:00) Europe/London

Where:https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

View Event

Organizer: Anthony O'Dowd a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Agenda, minutes and recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Re: RFC for ledger checkpointing

David Enyeart

Let's move this RFC to final comment period. Please provide any remaining feedback in the next week so that we can merge the RFC and plan the delivery for a subsequent Fabric release.

"Manish" ---04/22/2020 12:11:36 PM---Hi folks, An RFC for ledger checkpointing is available now in this PR -

From: "Manish" <manish.sethi@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 04/22/2020 12:11 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] RFC for ledger checkpointing
Sent by: fabric@...

Hi folks,

An RFC for ledger checkpointing is available now in this PR - https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-rfcs/pull/27. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Manish

How to get block with fabric-network 2.0?

Siddharth Jain

v1.x of fabric-client used to have methods using which one could get block by number or hash. For example:
let response_payload = await channel.queryBlock(parseInt(blockNumber), peer);

How does one do the same thing using fabric-network API?

Re: Install Hyperledger Fabric in Raspberry Pi #fabric

Matthew Sykes

We don't publish images for ARM but it's very easy to build fabric from source. And yes, it is possible to run Fabric on a Pi but only on 64 bit systems as one of the crypto packages used in Fabric only supports 64 bit.

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 7:36 AM <kokolaki@...> wrote:
Hello Community,
I am trying to set up hyperledger fabric on raspberry Pi armv7 archItecture, raspbian OS, following the instructions of the doc https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-2.1/install.html  to install platform specific binaries and docker iamges. But when I run the command
curl -sSL https://bit.ly/2ysbOFE | bash -

I get the following error:
 Downloading:  https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/download/v2.1.1/hyperledger-fabric-linux-armv7l-2.1.1.tar.gz
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100     9  100     9    0     0     24      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--    24

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
==> There was an error downloading the binary file.

------> 2.1.1 platform specific fabric binary is not available to download <----

It seems that there is no fabric binary available for armv7 architecture of raspberry. Does anyone know how it is possible to set up hyperledger fabric on raspberry pi? I need 64-bit architecture raspberry and 64-bit OS to isntall it?
If I use other SDKs to set up it, it will be ok?
Thank you in advance.

--
Matthew Sykes
matthew.sykes@...

Re: When I run `peer lifecycle chaincode approveformyorg`, I always get the error: ENDORSEMENT_POLICY_FAILURE

Nikhil Gupta

The deploy a chaincode to a channel tutorial also has a troubleshooting section that may be helpful: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/deploy_chaincode.html#troubleshooting

Nik