Group Notification <noreply@...>

Private Chaincode Lab

When:
Tuesday, November 22, 2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer: Marcus Brandenburger bur@...

Two of the Hyperleger Labs projects (private data objects and private chain code) are collaborating to develop a "private smart contracts" capability.

Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09 Meeting ID: 518 494 7650 Passcode: 475869

Fabric's new protocol lab

Ahmed Al Salih

Hi All.

If you are passionate about contributing to Fabric and joining the Hyperledger Fabric lab.

My name is Ahmed. I am a Sr. Software Engineer and Tech-Lead at AholdDelhaize. Also, a Ph.D. student at UNCC, working with Dr. Yongge Wang. I enjoy modernizing legacy systems and delivering software. My research area in the BFT consensus protocol:

https://eprint.iacr.org/2019/1460.pdf

There is a lab for integrating the BDLS protocol with Fabric. I hope you're interested in contributing to building the Fabric using the new BFT protocol.

https://github.com/hyperledger-labs/bdls

If you have the patience to support in any way or expertise to collaborate on the Fabric integration process, you can:

  • Contact me. Details are at the bottom.
  • Join our bi-weekly meetings. I look forward to working together. Next Thursday, November 24, 2022, from 9:30 am to 10:00 am Eastern Time

https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/labs/viewevent?repeatid=47824&eventid=1695676&calstart=2022-11-24

  • Dr. Wang and I will present the BDLS protocol in the Meetup meeting Tuesday, December 13, 2022, at 11:00 am EST. I am looking forward to seeing you.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6998145475287687168/

Meetup link:

https://www.meetup.com/hyperledger-washington-dc/events/289758635/

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or message me on LinkedIn, and we can take it forward.

Thank you all.
We are lucky to be part of this talented community. and get a big supporter
I wanted to extend my Thanks to.

David Boswell, Ry Jones, Kamlesh Nagware, and Yacov Manevich

Best Regards
Ahmed Al Salih
Sr. Software Engineer/Tech lead
Ph.D. CS cybersecurity. MS of IT, BS of CS
a.alsalih2@... | 603-289-9431 cell
Charlotte, NC

Re: Question on Hyperledger fabric

David Enyeart

The blockfiles are in a binary format, you won’t be able to open them in an editor.

Each blockfile stores the content of N blocks, up until it becomes 64MB in size, at which point the next blockfile will get created to store subsequent blocks.

From: fabric@... <fabric@...> on behalf of Utsa Roy <utsaroy4@...>
Date: Friday, November 18, 2022 at 12:11 PM
To: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Question on Hyperledger fabric

Dear Sir/Madam, I am a research scholar at the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur. In my research work, I am using hyperledger fabric, and I have read that the hyperledger fabric stores the database under /var/hyperledger/. . . . .

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender

You have not previously corresponded with this sender.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a research scholar at the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur. In my research work, I am using hyperledger fabric, and I have read that the hyperledger fabric stores the database under /var/hyperledger/..... . However, I found that the directory only contains one file named "blockfile000000". So My questions are -
1) Does that file contain the data for every block?
2) That file won't open in any editor, so how can I read it?
3) If editing that file is not possible, is there any way we can separate a part of the ledger?

Thanks and regards.

Utsa Roy

Research Scholar

Department of computer science and technology

Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (IIESTS)

Howrah 711103, WB, India

Question on Hyperledger fabric

Utsa Roy <utsaroy4@...>

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a research scholar at the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur. In my research work, I am using hyperledger fabric, and I have read that the hyperledger fabric stores the database under /var/hyperledger/..... . However, I found that the directory only contains one file named "blockfile000000". So My questions are -
1) Does that file contain the data for every block?
2) That file won't open in any editor, so how can I read it?
3) If editing that file is not possible, is there any way we can separate a part of the ledger?

Thanks and regards.

Utsa Roy
Research Scholar
Department of computer science and technology
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (IIESTS)
Howrah 711103, WB, India

Re: Is there a way to use Influx for consumption of HLF metrics (ordered and peer)?

Sam Venzi

Great to hear, Madhwendar!

Samuel Venzi
CTO @ GoLedger

On 17 Nov 2022 08:38 -0300, Madhwendar Thakur <madhwendar@...>, wrote:

Just wanted to update that this has been resolved now.

Thanks to Sam who helped on this.

Above url helped to resolve the issue.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Madhwendar

On Thu, 10 Nov, 2022, 7:25 pm Madhwendar Thakur, <madhwendar@...> wrote:
Hello Team,

I see HLF metrics reference, which documents how orderer and peer metrics are exported for consumption by Prometheus and StatsD.

Is there a way where we can use InfluxDB instead of Prometheus?

Thanks and Regards,
Madhwendar

Re: Is there a way to use Influx for consumption of HLF metrics (ordered and peer)?

Madhwendar Thakur

Just wanted to update that this has been resolved now.

Thanks to Sam who helped on this.

Above url helped to resolve the issue.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Madhwendar

On Thu, 10 Nov, 2022, 7:25 pm Madhwendar Thakur, <madhwendar@...> wrote:
Hello Team,

I see HLF metrics reference, which documents how orderer and peer metrics are exported for consumption by Prometheus and StatsD.

Is there a way where we can use InfluxDB instead of Prometheus?

Thanks and Regards,
Madhwendar

Two virtual meetups about labs that support Fabric -- bdls and fabric-chaincode-ocaml

David Boswell <dboswell@...>

I wanted to let everyone know that we've just scheduled a virtual meetup about the BDLS lab that is building an innovative BFT consensus algorithm that features safety and liveness that they want to integrate with Fabric.

The meetup is on Tuesday, December 13 at 11:00 EST and you can get dial-in details at:

And the developers of the fabric-chaincode-ocaml lab have a meetup this Friday, November 18 at 10:00 EST where they will do a demonstration of formally verified chaincode generation for Hyperledger Fabric.

Dial-in details for that are at:

Thanks,
David

Now: Fabric Contributor Meeting - Wednesday, November 16, 2022 #cal-notice

Wednesday, November 16, 2022
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-05:00) America/New York

Organizer: Dave Enyeart enyeart@...

For meeting agendas, recordings, and more details, see https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Contributor+Meetings

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Meeting ID: 518 494 7650
Passcode: 475869

Re: asset size during transaction, caliper measurements

Nikos Karamolegkos

Any information will be useful

Thanks,

Fabric Contributor Meeting - November 16, 2022

David Enyeart

Hyperledger Fabric Contributor Meeting

When: Every 4th Wednesday 9am US Eastern, 14:00 UTC

Where: https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Agendas and Recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Contributor+Meetings

Agenda for November 15, 2022

- Project roadmap review - https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Hyperledger+Fabric+Roadmap

Other topics welcome!

Now: Private Chaincode Lab - Tuesday, November 15, 2022 #cal-notice

Tuesday, November 15, 2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer: Marcus Brandenburger bur@...

Two of the Hyperleger Labs projects (private data objects and private chain code) are collaborating to develop a "private smart contracts" capability.

Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09 Meeting ID: 518 494 7650 Passcode: 475869

Re: build client application running in container or pod

jkneubuh@...

Hi Nikos,

Have a look at trader-typescript, a much improved version of using the Gateway Client to interact with the ledger.

When connecting to the gateway, it is preferred to set up a gateway service alias, which can be used to connect and load balance across peers in an org.

This sample sets up the correct patterns for working with the ledger.  It needs a Docker build example, but should be straightforward to prepare a container as a simple node application.   When running in k8s the env can be set up to refer to secret volume mounts, etc. to pass in the correct user context as local files mounted in the pod.

-josh

build client application running in container or pod

Nikos Karamolegkos

Hello,

How can I build my client application to run in container (or pod if k8s used)? Is there any example? I can not find something more than that

Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)

Re: Is there a way to use Influx for consumption of HLF metrics (ordered and peer)?

Madhwendar Thakur

Hello,

Could you please let me know if we can capture HLF metrics with InfluxDB as well?

Internally HLF is using Prometheus I think, please  correct  me if i misundersstood.

Thanks and rewards,
Madhwendar

On Thu, 10 Nov, 2022, 7:26 pm Madhwendar Thakur via lists.hyperledger.org, <madhwendar=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Hello Team,

I see HLF metrics reference, which documents how orderer and peer metrics are exported for consumption by Prometheus and StatsD.

Is there a way where we can use InfluxDB instead of Prometheus?

Thanks and Regards,
Madhwendar

Can HLF network be used as-a-service

FemGeek

Is it possible to use the HLF network-as-a-service? If so, how can this be done?

How to package HLF network with chaincode and application for production

FemGeek

Hello, I need to package up the network code, my altered asset-transfer-basic chaincode and application into a folder to be integrated into a VM for the UI implementation.  process.  I'm asked to clean up the files in Fabric and include only those needed to boot the network.  I think we need all the files in the repository but I'm not sure.  Can anyone help me with this issue?

Is there a way to use Influx for consumption of HLF metrics (ordered and peer)?

Madhwendar Thakur

Hello Team,

I see HLF metrics reference, which documents how orderer and peer metrics are exported for consumption by Prometheus and StatsD.

Is there a way where we can use InfluxDB instead of Prometheus?

Thanks and Regards,
Madhwendar

Re: hyperledger fabric getting start error

Nitesh Agrawal

Hii Danny,
Can you try changing your yaml file like this.

Re: 回覆: Hyperledger Fabric] Setting up network using Fabric CA

Sam Venzi

Hi Cindy,

Fo the test-network, if you check the fabric-ca-server-config.yaml file, which defines the configuration of a given CA, you’ll see the TLS section enabled, which explains where the TLS CA certificate comes from.

Reference: https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/blob/main/test-network/organizations/fabric-ca/org1/fabric-ca-server-config.yaml#L63

Best,

Samuel Venzi
CTO @ GoLedger

On 10 Nov 2022 09:46 -0300, Cindy Qian <cindy.qian@...>, wrote:

Hi Samuel,

You said "each CA has its own TLS CA certificate", I don't understand where these TLS CA certificates come from. Don't we need a TLS ca server to issue these TLS CA certificates?

Thanks and regards,

Cindy

寄件者: Samuel Venzi <samuel.venzi@...>
寄件日期: 2022年11月10日 20:40
收件者: fabric@... <fabric@...>; Cindy Qian <cindy.qian@...>
主旨: Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Setting up network using Fabric CA

Hello, Cindy.

Each CA has its own TLS CA certificate, and will issue TLS certificates for the nodes of its own org.

Best,

Samuel Venzi
CTO @ GoLedger

On 10 Nov 2022 01:10 -0300, Cindy Qian <cindy.qian@...>, wrote:
Hi, I have a question:

When we set up a fabric network using ca, at least we need one ca for each organization for enrollment purposes and one TLS ca for issuing all tls server certificates for all nodes. So in the test-network sample, we should have at least 4 ca, 3 of them are for two peer org and one orderer org, and the last 1 is for tls ca. But I don't understand why there are only 3 containers in compose/compose-ca.yaml. Could you please help me

Regards,
Cindy

回覆: [Hyperledger Fabric] Setting up network using Fabric CA

Cindy Qian

[...]

21 - 40 of 11527