Date

How can I reenroll sdk user in JAVA-sdk #fabric-sdk #fabric-sdk-java #java

amittripathi9887@...

Hi Guys,

Can anyone suggest me how I can reenroll fabric user in java sdk? if i am using reenroll function its giving some aguments mismatching error....

Guidance for execution of a project

bhatia.madhu23@...

I am working on a project for consent management in Electronic Health Records using Fabric. I am in the learning phase. https://github.com/yashverma9/AI-Blockchain-Electronic-Health-Records-Management-System The client application is running but the admin is missing. Anyone can help me in running the project?

Re: How can i get the block number by txid? Thank you!

Param

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 12:06 PM, 王海明 <wanghaiming0725@...> wrote:
GetBlockByTxID
Please refer to this discussion https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-gateway/discussions/504#discussioncomment-4075717 . It explains the logic to retrieve the block & interpret/decode the block to get the block info which includes the block number.

Thanks
Param

How can i get the block number by txid? Thank you!

王海明 <wanghaiming0725@...>

Hello! I wanted to get the block number by txid, so i used the function  GetBlockByTxID which is in system chaincode qscc, the terminal commands i used are peer chiancode query and peer chaincode invoke. If i use peer chaincode query to use GetBlockByTxID, the results of the terminal feedback will be all presented in digital form.If i use peer chaincode invoke, part of the results will be presented in digitai form.So how to decode these numbers? Or what other way can i get the block number by txid. Thank you!

Re: Orderer going into panic "panic: Failed to retrieve block" , after respawning and reconnecting with the other orderers #raft #tls #fabric-orderer #kubernetes

Param

Hi,
Based on the error messages, I suspect that the file ledger directory(FileLedger.Location = "/var/hyperledger/production/orderer") is corrupted or not initialized completely.
Please check whether this directory location is complete(accessible).

Thanks
Param

Re: Hyperledger setup on multiple AKS clusters #fabric-kubernetes #kubernetes

Hakan Eryargi

Hi Vijaya,

Have a look at our cross cluster sample:

Best,
Hakan

On Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 11:30 AM Vijaya Bhaskar <acvbhaskar94@...> wrote:
Hello,

This is regarding the solutions available to setup HLF on multiple kubernetes clusters.
the solution I have is as below, It would be helpful if anybody can suggest a better solution which is scalable.

We have 2 K8s  clusters in CentralIndia and eastUS
the certs and TLS are generated using service names( ex: orderer1-service etc)
the issue is in connecting the clusters enabling communication.
what we are using now: skupper a 3rd party tool which exposes services from one cluster to another

but if we need to expand, this is not an ideal solution.
In AKS, we have vnet peering which is not working as we expected, hence we resorted to use skupper.

If anybody has seen or setup a multi cluster HLF network, can you provide some pointers for us.

Thanks,
Vijay

Re: Hyperledger setup on multiple AKS clusters #fabric-kubernetes #kubernetes

jkneubuh@...

Hi Vijaya,

Please consider using the fabric-operator to help manage your deployment across multiple Kubernetes clusters.  The operator creates ingress points for your services, allowing you to set up routes based on DNS wildcard domains.  Traffic can be directed on the public internet, or on a dedicated circuit if desired.

Here is a brief example of using fabric-operator to emulate the sample "test network," using a local KIND cluster and deploying the channel across three separate namespaces: fabric-kube-test-network.   When running on a local / single system, the network and ingress has been configured to respond at the special *.localho.st domain, resolving all traffic to the local kubernetes cluster.

This example can also be extended to run across multiple clusters - see the feature/multi-cluster branch for how the *.localho.st domain can be replaced with a wildcard DNS hosts to serve as the ingress points for your network nodes.  The main update in this configuration are that the configtx.yaml / channel configuration must be specified with the external host names, rather than the Kubernetes DNS host names to route traffic between nodes on the internal network.

Setting up ingress can be slightly different based on the cloud provider - A good alternative is to "bring your own Nginx" ingress, mapping a public DNS wildcard domain to the ingress controller port.  (There are a couple of examples of setting this up for IKS and EKS in the fabric-operator project, it will be similar for AKS.)  In this scenario you will need access to a public wildcard DNS entry for your clusters.

The setup above works well on a single node, but the "scripting" for the multi-cluster scenario requires a little manual intervention for the coordination and exchange of channel MSP / certificates.  Despite a couple of rough edges in the scripting, it will achieve the scenario of a multi-org network spanning multiple Kubernetes clusters.  If you have feedback on the approach or need some general guidance on the multi-cluster setup, please use the discord #fabric-operator or #fabric-kubernetes channels for additional details : https://discord.gg/hyperledger

-josh

Hyperledger setup on multiple AKS clusters #fabric-kubernetes #kubernetes

Vijaya Bhaskar

[...]

Following is the brief overview,

the network is running on 2 kubernetes clusters. we have 3 orderers (2 in east US cluster and one in India cluster). we are using skupper to establish connection across clusters by exposing the service-names directly on azure kubernetes cluster.
I removed the skupper and re installed it. this caused the connection between clusters to drop for sometime and no transactions were made on the network.
I am seeing that the orderer3 which is in the india cluster is restarting again and again with the following error. the other 2 orderers are working fine.
2022-11-26 07:40:12.653 UTC [certmonitor] trackCertExpiration -> INFO 00d The server TLS certificate will expire on 2023-06-21 14:45:00 +0000 UTC
2022-11-26 07:40:12.653 UTC [certmonitor] trackCertExpiration -> INFO 00e The client TLS certificate will expire on 2023-06-21 14:45:00 +0000 UTC
2022-11-26 07:40:13.475 UTC [orderer.commmon.multichannel] ConfigBlock -> PANI 00f Failed to retrieve block blockNum=18446744073709551615 error="Entry not found in index"
panic: Failed to retrieve block

goroutine 1 [running]:
go.uber.org/zap/zapcore.(*CheckedEntry).Write(0xc0001656b0, {0xc0004e0900, 0x2, 0x4})
/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/vendor/go.uber.org/zap/zapcore/entry.go:230 +0x486
go.uber.org/zap.(*SugaredLogger).log(0xc0000100d8, 0x4, {0xe6386a?, 0x2a?}, {0x0?, 0x2?, 0x3?}, {0xc00054be60, 0x4, 0x4})
/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/vendor/go.uber.org/zap/sugar.go:234 +0x13b

Error: "message": "Endorser must be connectable" #fabric-chaincode #fabric-sdk-go #fabric-sdk-node #grpc #zoom

dsrinivas.cloud@...

Could you please help me to sort out this issue

I am able to create the report with org1 when it comes to org2. I am unable to do create operation

when I am trying to create the model (report) in org2
I am getting errors in postman like "message": "Endorser must be connectable"

 #blockchain-explorer #hyperledger-fabric #chaincode #fabric #fabric-chaincode #fabric-peer #fabric-private-data #fabric-sdk-go #fabric-sdk-node #grpc #organizations #testnetwork #zoom

amittripathi9887@...

Sometimes I got this ORDERER error in java SDK - Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.Exception: Channel ndmcgovtchannel failed to place transaction 5f708e4f1c0bf98d1da3afa5a789dc0ce71d7c9d4f9f4e122b725334c5e95ce3 on Orderer. Cause: UNSUCCESSFUL.
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:395)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:2022)
    at org.hyperledger.fabric.gateway.impl.TransactionImpl.commitTransaction(TransactionImpl.java:151)
    ... 126 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Channel mychannel failed to place transaction 5f708e4f1c0bf98d1da3afa5a789dc0ce71d7c9d4f9f4e122b725334c5e95ce3 on Orderer. Cause: UNSUCCESSFUL.
    at org.hyperledger.fabric.sdk.Channel.doSendTransaction(Channel.java:5702)
    at org.hyperledger.fabric.sdk.Channel.sendTransaction(Channel.java:5513)
    at org.hyperledger.fabric.gateway.impl.TransactionImpl.commitTransaction(TransactionImpl.java:150)
    ... 126 common frames omitted

I tried many times to resolve it ...checked orderer logs but didn't find anything... Please give me the solution of this error.

Now: Private Chaincode Lab - Tuesday, November 22, 2022 #cal-notice

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Private Chaincode Lab

When:
Tuesday, November 22, 2022
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer: Marcus Brandenburger bur@...

Two of the Hyperleger Labs projects (private data objects and private chain code) are collaborating to develop a "private smart contracts" capability.

Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09 Meeting ID: 518 494 7650 Passcode: 475869

Fabric's new protocol lab

Ahmed Al Salih

Hi All.

If you are passionate about contributing to Fabric and joining the Hyperledger Fabric lab.

My name is Ahmed. I am a Sr. Software Engineer and Tech-Lead at AholdDelhaize. Also, a Ph.D. student at UNCC, working with Dr. Yongge Wang. I enjoy modernizing legacy systems and delivering software. My research area in the BFT consensus protocol:

https://eprint.iacr.org/2019/1460.pdf

There is a lab for integrating the BDLS protocol with Fabric. I hope you're interested in contributing to building the Fabric using the new BFT protocol.

https://github.com/hyperledger-labs/bdls

If you have the patience to support in any way or expertise to collaborate on the Fabric integration process, you can:

  • Contact me. Details are at the bottom.
  • Join our bi-weekly meetings. I look forward to working together. Next Thursday, November 24, 2022, from 9:30 am to 10:00 am Eastern Time

https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/labs/viewevent?repeatid=47824&eventid=1695676&calstart=2022-11-24

  • Dr. Wang and I will present the BDLS protocol in the Meetup meeting Tuesday, December 13, 2022, at 11:00 am EST. I am looking forward to seeing you.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6998145475287687168/

Meetup link:

https://www.meetup.com/hyperledger-washington-dc/events/289758635/

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or message me on LinkedIn, and we can take it forward.

Thank you all.
We are lucky to be part of this talented community. and get a big supporter
I wanted to extend my Thanks to.

David Boswell, Ry Jones, Kamlesh Nagware, and Yacov Manevich

Best Regards
Ahmed Al Salih
Sr. Software Engineer/Tech lead
Ph.D. CS cybersecurity. MS of IT, BS of CS
a.alsalih2@... | 603-289-9431 cell
Charlotte, NC

Re: Question on Hyperledger fabric

David Enyeart

The blockfiles are in a binary format, you won’t be able to open them in an editor.

Each blockfile stores the content of N blocks, up until it becomes 64MB in size, at which point the next blockfile will get created to store subsequent blocks.

From: fabric@... <fabric@...> on behalf of Utsa Roy <utsaroy4@...>
Date: Friday, November 18, 2022 at 12:11 PM
To: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Question on Hyperledger fabric

Dear Sir/Madam, I am a research scholar at the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur. In my research work, I am using hyperledger fabric, and I have read that the hyperledger fabric stores the database under /var/hyperledger/. . . . .

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender

You have not previously corresponded with this sender.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a research scholar at the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur. In my research work, I am using hyperledger fabric, and I have read that the hyperledger fabric stores the database under /var/hyperledger/..... . However, I found that the directory only contains one file named "blockfile000000". So My questions are -
1) Does that file contain the data for every block?
2) That file won't open in any editor, so how can I read it?
3) If editing that file is not possible, is there any way we can separate a part of the ledger?

Thanks and regards.

Utsa Roy

Research Scholar

Department of computer science and technology

Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (IIESTS)

Howrah 711103, WB, India

Question on Hyperledger fabric

Utsa Roy <utsaroy4@...>

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a research scholar at the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur. In my research work, I am using hyperledger fabric, and I have read that the hyperledger fabric stores the database under /var/hyperledger/..... . However, I found that the directory only contains one file named "blockfile000000". So My questions are -
1) Does that file contain the data for every block?
2) That file won't open in any editor, so how can I read it?
3) If editing that file is not possible, is there any way we can separate a part of the ledger?

Thanks and regards.

Utsa Roy
Research Scholar
Department of computer science and technology
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (IIESTS)
Howrah 711103, WB, India

Re: Is there a way to use Influx for consumption of HLF metrics (ordered and peer)?

Sam Venzi

Great to hear, Madhwendar!

Samuel Venzi
CTO @ GoLedger

On 17 Nov 2022 08:38 -0300, Madhwendar Thakur <madhwendar@...>, wrote:

Just wanted to update that this has been resolved now.

Thanks to Sam who helped on this.

Above url helped to resolve the issue.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Madhwendar

On Thu, 10 Nov, 2022, 7:25 pm Madhwendar Thakur, <madhwendar@...> wrote:
Hello Team,

I see HLF metrics reference, which documents how orderer and peer metrics are exported for consumption by Prometheus and StatsD.

Is there a way where we can use InfluxDB instead of Prometheus?

Thanks and Regards,
Madhwendar

Re: Is there a way to use Influx for consumption of HLF metrics (ordered and peer)?

Madhwendar Thakur

Just wanted to update that this has been resolved now.

Thanks to Sam who helped on this.

Above url helped to resolve the issue.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Madhwendar

On Thu, 10 Nov, 2022, 7:25 pm Madhwendar Thakur, <madhwendar@...> wrote:
Hello Team,

I see HLF metrics reference, which documents how orderer and peer metrics are exported for consumption by Prometheus and StatsD.

Is there a way where we can use InfluxDB instead of Prometheus?

Thanks and Regards,
Madhwendar

Two virtual meetups about labs that support Fabric -- bdls and fabric-chaincode-ocaml

David Boswell <dboswell@...>

I wanted to let everyone know that we've just scheduled a virtual meetup about the BDLS lab that is building an innovative BFT consensus algorithm that features safety and liveness that they want to integrate with Fabric.

The meetup is on Tuesday, December 13 at 11:00 EST and you can get dial-in details at:

And the developers of the fabric-chaincode-ocaml lab have a meetup this Friday, November 18 at 10:00 EST where they will do a demonstration of formally verified chaincode generation for Hyperledger Fabric.

Dial-in details for that are at:

Thanks,
David

Now: Fabric Contributor Meeting - Wednesday, November 16, 2022 #cal-notice

Wednesday, November 16, 2022
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-05:00) America/New York

Organizer: Dave Enyeart enyeart@...

For meeting agendas, recordings, and more details, see https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Contributor+Meetings

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Meeting ID: 518 494 7650
Passcode: 475869

Re: asset size during transaction, caliper measurements

Nikos Karamolegkos

Any information will be useful