Date

Re: End devices identities in an IoT BC network

Chris Gabriel

Hi Nikos,

I have done this within my company and I prefer to issue identities to the end devices as we would the users.  We do not use an intermediate DB as we use our Fabric blockchain network instead, but there are many ways to do this.  I call our stack the BEAN stack (Blockchain, Express, Angular, and Node).

In our case, the IoT sensor input is autonomous after checking for signal quality and identity credentials as it passes though the gateway (we use Node-Red on RaspberryPi in the demo) and can trigger transactions in the smart contract.  I have posted a demo video that shows how this works on YouTube.  I hope this helps.

Chris

On Apr 27, 2021, at 5:00 AM, Nikos Karamolegkos <nkaram@...> wrote:

Hello,

I want to build a smart building IoT BC network and I am working to the network architecture. At this point I have built the IoT infrastructure and I am looking to integrate the BC idea. Specifically, the end devices (EDs) are equipped with sensors (these device can not run fabric) and the data are transmitted via 802.15.4 to IoT GW (raspberry) which sends them to the DB. In order to integrate the BC concept I am thinking to use a fabric client app in the IoT GW which will send (update) the date to ledger. Is this a good approach? I was wondering how the EDs  can prove their identity through the GW in order to match with the information defined in smart-contract? I can use fabric-ca to create ED identities but these identities would be in the IoT GWs which will match the ED ID with the fabric identity (through the client app running in GWs). Is this the best I can do?

Also, in the BC network would be users which will have access to the sensor data written by the EDs. As I have understood these user will be fabric client application too with specific right policies (read &/or write). Should I make a different organization for them?

I have experience in IoT but not in BC so any idea, example, application or use case are welcome in order to design my BC architecture.

Thank you for your time,

--
Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH

[...]

Re: using APIs in fabric #fabric-questions #fabric-endorser #fabric

David Enyeart

Remember that chaincode execution is only a transaction simulation that builds a read/write set. The transaction doesn't get validated and committed until after it is ordered into a block. Therefore you don't want to call any external services that take action from a chaincode. Rather, your application can listen for the block commit events, and then take action for any validated and committed transactions.

"elmira" ---04/19/2021 07:54:35 AM---Hi, What kind of external services are we allowed to use in fabric? Can we use any APIs? Or we must

From: "elmira" <elmira.ebrahimi@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 04/19/2021 07:54 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] using APIs in fabric #fabric-questions #fabric-endorser #fabric
Sent by: fabric@...

Hi,  What kind of external services are we allowed to use in fabric? Can we use any APIs? Or we must just use fabric SDK.  For example, an external service is a bank ATM API, and our transaction is calling the ATM withdrawal operation. ‍‍‍‍ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
 What kind of external services are we allowed to use in fabric? Can we use any APIs? Or we must just use fabric SDK.
 For example, an external service is a bank ATM API, and our transaction is calling the ATM withdrawal operation.
 We have defined in our policies that four endorsers must approve it. When the endorser nodes call that external service, are the withdrawal operations performed four times separately; and change the bank account's balance outside the blockchain each time? (so we have trouble in the commitment phase) How can we handle external calls?
I appreciate any help you can provide.

Re: Running same application from multiple users

David Enyeart

You should also take a look at attribute based access control in chaincode, to authorize users to chaincode actions based on issued role attributes.
See the sample and linked docs: https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/tree/main/asset-transfer-abac

"Nikos Karamolegkos" ---04/14/2021 04:03:26 AM---Nice ideas both. So to be more specific, the CityOrg would have some raspberries as IoT gateways (ne

From: "Nikos Karamolegkos" <nkaram@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 04/14/2021 04:03 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Running same application from multiple users
Sent by: fabric@...

Nice ideas both. So to be more specific, the CityOrg would have some raspberries as IoT gateways (network) which are receiving sensor measurements (like empty parking positions, temperature, etc) from the end devices. I am thinking of running ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
Nice ideas both. So to be more specific, the CityOrg would have some raspberries as IoT gateways (network) which are receiving sensor measurements (like empty parking positions, temperature, etc) from the end devices. I am thinking of running a fabric application into raspberries (i.e the client application runs in raspberry) to use the smart contracts (chaincode) to write the measurements (or a hash for better memory utilization) to the ledger. I am thinking also running some GW raspberries as peers too (eg. 3-4 PI). For the CitizenOrg/ValidatorOrg I am thinking to have two applications (running to PCs), one for the citizen to just read the data (I have to think which of your proposed two approaches to follow), and an other application which can change the data to the ledger (e.g set a parking position to unavailable for some reason). Also, the CitizenOrg/ValidatorOrg would have some peer (3 or 4) which will be part of the endorsing policy for writing data to ledger by CityOrg (to avoid the control of the ledger by a single org). I have to think how to deploy the orderers too.

In case an other city want to join the BC network will be a new org with characteristics similar to CityOrg.

Bases on your experience are these all steps a good approach? I am new to BC idea so any other ideas are welcome. We have already build an IoT network with raspberries for GWs (flow: sensor-> gateway->broker->database->ui) and we would like to make the BC part of it

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hyperledger Fabric fix releases v1.4.12, v2.2.3, v2.3.2 are now available!

David Enyeart

Hyperledger Fabric fix releases v1.4.12, v2.2.3, and v2.3.2 are now available.

See details of the fixes in the release notes:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/tag/v1.4.12
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/tag/v2.2.3
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/tag/v2.3.2

Note that Fabric v1.4.12 marks the last planned fix release for the Fabric v1.4.x stream, since it has gone out of maintenance this month. Going forward, fixes will be applied to the v2.2.x (long-term support release) and v2.3.x (latest release) streams.

Users are encouraged to upgrade to v2.2.x or v2.3.x in order to receive subsequent fix releases. Upgrade guidance can be found in the documentation:
https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-2.2/upgrade.html

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 04/23/2021 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When:
Friday, 23 April 2021
11:00am to 12:00pm
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Organizer:
pama@...

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Meeting ID: 622 333 6701
Passcode: 475869

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 04/23/2021 11:00am-12:00pm #cal-reminder

fabric@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <fabric@...>

Reminder: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When: Friday, 23 April 2021, 11:00am to 12:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

View Event

Organizer: Pam Andrejko pama@...

Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Meeting ID: 622 333 6701
Passcode: 475869

Re: Kubernetes proposes Hyperledger Fabric

Hakan Eryargi

Hi Jay,

That's a good point. Thanks for the pointer.

However, based on the criteria in the Operator Capability Levels page, the answer is a bit blurry.

As it's now, Fabric Operator spans capabilities from level 2 up to 4. But I won't call it level 4.

For example some supported capabilities:

Level 2
Operand can be upgraded as part of changing the CR

Level 3
Operator orchestrates complex re-configuration flows on the Operand
Operator orchestrates complex re-configuration flows on the Operand
Operator supports add/removing members to a clustered Operand
Operator enables application-aware scaling of the Operand

Level 4
Operator exposing metrics about its health (provided by default by Operator-SDK)
Operand sends useful alerts (not alerts but exposes status field)

On the other hand, it doesn't perform even some basic checks. For example it doesn't monitor if the resources created by the underlying Helm chart is deleted, or the Helm chart is deleted itself.

Best,
Hakan

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 2:23 PM Jay Guo <guojiannan1101@...> wrote:
Thanks Hakan! It would be nice to add operator capability level to readme.

- J

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 5:37 PM Gari Singh <gari.r.singh@...> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing this, Hakan.  Will try to have a look soon and provide comments/suggestions.

Re: Kubernetes proposes Hyperledger Fabric

Jay Guo

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 5:37 PM Gari Singh <gari.r.singh@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for sharing this, Hakan. Will try to have a look soon and provide comments/suggestions.

Single organization #administrator-organiization

rafa_kleb10@...

Hello, everyone. I'm doing a research on blockchain for a particular use case and I would like to know what is the best approach for using blockchain in an environment where there is only one organization that needs to manage several distributed IoT devices. I apreciate the help.

Private Chaincode Lab - Tue, 04/20/2021 #cal-notice

Private Chaincode Lab

When:
Tuesday, 20 April 2021
8:00am to 9:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer:
bur@...

Two of the Hyperleger Labs projects (private data objects and private chain code) are collaborating to develop a "private smart contracts" capability.

Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09 Meeting ID: 518 494 7650 Passcode: 475869

missing tags for go chaincode developement dependencies

david liu <david-khala@...>

Hi Fabric maintainers,

As some community member and me found for a while,

Both following repositories have no git tags yet pushed to Github

github.com/hyperledger/fabric-chaincode-go
github.com/hyperledger/fabric-protos-go

This will introduce a result that fabric go chaincode developer have to suffer from go.mod dependency versioning issue. such as

v0.0.0-20200511190512-bcfeb58dd83a

Each time we get lost in what 20200511190512 indicates. We have to guess whether it is 2.2.x or 2.3.x

Can you consider give tags to them, in a similar way in fabric itself. then we could pin to use v2.2.x as dependency version.

Best Regards,
David Liu

Re: AWS cloud HSM with hyperledger #hyperledger-fabric

Kumar Shantanu

Thanks Gary,

This seems to be working now :) I will probably write a blog around how to integrate AWS Cloudhsm with hyperledger components.

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 10:59 AM Gari Singh <gari.r.singh@...> wrote:
Make sure you are using the latest version of Fabric CA.
With the AWS HSM, you need to add "AltId" to your bccsp configuration:

bccsp:
  default: PKCS11
  pkcs11:
    Library: /opt/cloudhsm/lib/libcloudhsm_pkcs11.so
    Pin: 'user:password'
    AltId: $STRING
    Label: cavium
    hash: SHA2
    security: 256

AltId can be any string label you want to use.  If the label does not exist on the HSM, a new key will be generated.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 5:15 PM Kumar Shantanu <km.shantanu@...> wrote:
Thank again, guys. When I configure fabric CA to use AWS HSM it crashes with the below error,

sh-4.2# ./fabric-ca-server start -b admin:adminpw
2021/04/19 20:57:18 [INFO] Configuration file location: /root/go/bin/fabric-ca-server-config.yaml
2021/04/19 20:57:18 [INFO] Starting server in home directory: /root/go/bin
2021/04/19 20:57:18 [INFO] Server Version: 1.5.0-snapshot-70634d4d
2021/04/19 20:57:18 [INFO] Server Levels: &{Identity:2 Affiliation:1 Certificate:1 Credential:1 RAInfo:1 Nonce:1}
2021/04/19 20:57:19 [WARNING] &{69 The specified CA certificate file /root/go/bin/ca-cert.pem does not exist}
2021/04/19 20:57:19 [INFO] generating key: &{A:ecdsa S:256}
C_GenerateKeyPair failed with error CKR_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_INVALID : 0x00000013
C_GenerateKeyPair failed with error CKR_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_INVALID : 0x00000013
Error: Failed generating ECDSA P256 key: P11: keypair generate failed [pkcs11: 0x13: CKR_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_INVALID]

 My BCCSP configuration looks like this,

bccsp:
  default: PKCS11
  pkcs11:
    Library: /opt/cloudhsm/lib/libcloudhsm_pkcs11.so
    Pin: 'user:password'
    Label: cavium
    hash: SHA2
    security: 256

Any pointer would be really helpful.

Thanks
Shantanu

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 2:28 PM Gmail <alaskadd@...> wrote:
You can follow the configuration instructions in the fabric docs here: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-2.2/hsm.html
Just make sure you match the docs version to the Fabric version you are using.
Best,
Chris

On Apr 13, 2021, at 7:58 AM, Kumar Shantanu <km.shantanu@...> wrote:

I didn't find any blog around fabric using AWS cloudshm, however, I understand that I need to run aws hsm client on the same machine fabric component would run. Can someone suggest what the PKCS11 section would look like? This is how it currently looks if I use softhsm.
bccsp:
  default: PKCS11
  pkcs11:
    Library: /usr/lib/softhsm/libsofthsm2.so
    Pin: XX
    Label: fabric
    hash: SHA2
    security: 256
    filekeystore:
      keystore: msp/keystore

Thanks
Shantanu

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 5:55 PM Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...> wrote:
BTW, I see nothing wrong with the official docs containing these kinds of links. Being helpful to new users should take precedence over concerns about the appearance of favoring one vendor over another, and the latter can be mitigated by providing multiple such links and adding to them when asked.

Brian

On 4/12/21 6:49 AM, Kumar Shantanu wrote:
Thanks, Chris,

I will try and google :)

Would you be able to share some of those links if you have them handy, it might be beneficial for others as well searching through this mailing list.

Thanks
Shantanu

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 2:18 PM Chris G <alaskadd@...> wrote:
Hello Shantanu,

The documentation purposefully leaves out any mention of vendor-specific platforms or technologies and leaves that part to the user.  There are some who have posted articles on Medium and YouTube for the type of material you are looking for.  Hope this helps.

Chris

On Apr 12, 2021, at 8:02 AM, km.shantanu@... wrote:

Hello Team,

Do we have any documentation around how to use AWS cloud HSM with hyperledger fabric.

Thanks
Shantanu

General Manager for Blockchain, Healthcare and Identity

Re: AWS cloud HSM with hyperledger #hyperledger-fabric

Gari Singh

[...]

Re: How Check Names of Installed Smart Contracts

Chris Gabriel

Brian,
Sorry, I sent you the command for earlier fabric networks which would be correct if you are on Fabric 1.x   If you are on Fabric 2.x you will need to use the new peer lifecycle chaincode commands.

So from within the peer container, run:
peer lifecycle chaincode queryinstalled -o <your orderer>

If tls is enabled you need to add the --tls flag and path to your tls cert like this:
peer lifecycle chaincode queryinstalled -o <your orderer> —tls —cafile <path to your cert file>

On Apr 17, 2021, at 4:41 PM, Gmail <alaskadd@...> wrote:

Hi Brian,
From within the peer container, run:
peer chaincode list —installed -C <channel name>

On Apr 17, 2021, at 4:33 PM, Brian Carpenter <bmc121177@...> wrote:

Is there a terminal command I can run that will list the smart contracts installed on a peer?

Or some other way to get this information?  Need it to debug some issues I'm having.

Tks.

How Fabric is being used in the blockchain carbon accounting lab and how to help out

David Boswell <dboswell@...>

The Climate Action and Accounting SIG has an active blockchain carbon accounting lab that is using Hyperledger Fabric to record emissions data, using energy data from utility bills and audited emissions factors from the EPA and EEA.  The code from the lab was recently used for a production system to track and offset emissions.

The group wrote a blog post that goes into more details about the project and shows screenshots and a video of the production system at:

The group is also looking for contributors and they've documented several good first issues that people can help with.  If you're interested in using Fabric for a climate change related use case, please consider helping out.  If you know of anyone who would be interested, please share the link above to the blog post or this link to the project's wiki:

Thanks,
David

Re: Hyperledger fabric in IoT application

Chris Gabriel

Hi Nikos,

In general, each party involved in any transaction should be in its own org. With that in mind, it is not a good idea to have only one org as this creates multiple problems (single point of failure, endorsement, trust, and defeats the business purpose of having a blockchain). When I think about Fabric network structure I always begin with the use case. Fabric networks are best implemented in B2B scenarios but you can also implement them in B2C or C2C (as of now, my view is that B2B scenarios is where Fabric really shines).

Implement Fabric networks where:
B2B transactions are occurring between two or more parties.
There is a need for a transparent auditable view of what happened when transactions are executed.
There is a contractual relationship between parties where the terms of the paper contract between them cam be executed in smart contracts.
Each party on the network has its own peer(s), Certificate Authority or other means of managing identities.

Note that these are suggestions for a starting point as there are many ways to think about this.

Example:
Company A (org1) and Company B (org2) need to transact with each other and you want to implement a Fabric network.
Both companies have their own peer nodes and certificate authorities (just like the test-network).
The orderer can be implemented by any of; a trusted third party, Company A, Company B, or each can have their own orderer.

I hope this helps.
Chris

On Apr 19, 2021, at 5:26 AM, Nikos Karamolegkos <nkaram@ics.forth.gr> wrote:

Hello, thank you for your help. My problem is that I can not decide how to set my organizations. Is it good to have a single organization with multiple GWs as clients application to update the data on the ledger?

Thank you very much,

On 15/4/21 3:52 μ.μ., Gmail wrote:
In short, a good place to start in a dev environment is to have one peer and one certificate authority per organization. Very similar to the Fabric Test Network. On that same YouTube channel I have a tutorial on how to deploy fabric certificate authorities on Kubernetes that contains a public GitHub repo that you can clone and practice with. Hope this helps,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 15, 2021, at 7:45 AM, Nikos Karamolegkos <nkaram@ics.forth.gr> wrote:

Hello, thank you for the fast response. Is the code or any paper available? Can you describe the BC architecture (number of orgs, peers, apps,users). I don't know how to decide how many peers to use. I am trying to build a use case.

On 15/4/21 3:17 μ.μ., Chris Gabriel wrote:
Hi Nikos,
It really depends upon the use case. In mine, I use a raspberry pi as a server of IoT sensor data that gets polled for its data by an IoT gateway in Node Red, but the peers are running in the cloud in Kubernetes. I use the Fabric CA to issue identities for each org in the network and also assign each IoT device an identity from the CA as a security practice. Demo here:
https://youtu.be/rGHI8-tpzX0
On Apr 15, 2021, at 6:53 AM, Nikos Karamolegkos <nkaram@ics.forth.gr> wrote:
Hello everyone, I am new to BC and hyperledger. I would like to deploy a BC to an existing IoT network. I have not decide yet the architecture of the BC network (peer, orgs, etc) but I am thinking to deploy some peers in a raspberries which already act as IoT gateways (GWs) and receive sensor data. Also, in GW I would install the fabric client application to update the ledger (with the IoT data). The idea is the data to be distributed in all GWs acting as peers. Is this a good approach for start or should I have the BC network in the backbone?
--
Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)
--
Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)
--
Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)

elmira

Hi,

 What kind of external services are we allowed to use in fabric? Can we use any APIs? Or we must just use fabric SDK.

 For example, an external service is a bank ATM API, and our transaction is calling the ATM withdrawal operation.

 We have defined in our policies that four endorsers must approve it. When the endorser nodes call that external service, are the withdrawal operations performed four times separately; and change the bank account's balance outside the blockchain each time? (so we have trouble in the commitment phase) How can we handle external calls?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Re: Use certificates from a non-Fabric CA with your Fabric network #signcerts #interoperability #fabric-ca #x509

tilakvardhan@...

Stephano, you can give EJBCA a try. That can be your authoritatively CA you’re looking for. It is open source and you can easily issue set of certificates (root/intermedite/end ca + user certs) directly from the admin UI page and use it to bootstrap your fabric network.

741 - 760 of 10574