Date

Re: peer vs osnadmin

Kumar Shantanu

Ah, I understand now I guess. Maybe osnadmin is there to manage channels on an orderer and to manage a channel on peer I need to use peer command. Can someone please confirm this.

Thanks
Shantanu

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 10:49 PM Kumar Shantanu via lists.hyperledger.org <km.shantanu=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

Please suggest the difference between managing a channel(create/join/fetch) via peer command vs osnadmin command. I have gone through few pieces of documentation and I am not sure which one should I use. I am using hyperledger fabric version 2.x

Thanks
Shantanu

peer vs osnadmin

Kumar Shantanu

Hi Team,

Please suggest the difference between managing a channel(create/join/fetch) via peer command vs osnadmin command. I have gone through few pieces of documentation and I am not sure which one should I use. I am using hyperledger fabric version 2.x

Thanks
Shantanu

Re: Deprecation of Docker Runtime in Kubernetes - No access to local docker socket #docker #hyperledger-fabric #fabric

Chris Gabriel

Also, I forgot to mention that when running on Kubernetes I set the environment variable for the CORE_VM_ENDPOINT to “http://localhost:2375” and not unix:///var/run/docker.sock

There is more detail on this if you examine the CORE VM ENDPOINT section of core.yaml

On Apr 27, 2021, at 2:31 PM, Chris Gabriel via lists.hyperledger.org <alaskadd=gmail.com@...> wrote:

Hi Ramesh,

I am still looking into the ramifications of the Deprecation of Docker Runtime in Kubernetes for my network.  I’ll post what I find out.

As far as your second question, you can do either.  I am currently running HLF 2.3 on Kubernetes 1.20.2 with dind and all works fine.  I plan on migrating this to run the external chaincode builders in the near future however.

Hope this helps,
Chris

On Apr 27, 2021, at 1:39 PM, ramesh.bobbala1990@... wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Any further updates on this issue? I am facing the same issue, currently using HLF 1.4 version on Kubernetes 1.18 version and trying to upgrade kubernetes version to 1.19 version.

Which is the best way to implement HLF setup on kubernetes latest versions.
1. Upgrading to 2.x versions using external chaincode builders and chaincode as an external service
2. Or  via dind (Docker-in-Docker)

ramesh.bobbala1990@...

Hello Everyone,

Any further updates on this issue? I am facing the same issue, currently using HLF 1.4 version on Kubernetes 1.18 version and trying to upgrade kubernetes version to 1.19 version.

Which is the best way to implement HLF setup on kubernetes latest versions.
1. Upgrading to 2.x versions using external chaincode builders and chaincode as an external service
2. Or  via dind (Docker-in-Docker)

Re: using APIs in fabric #fabric-questions #fabric-endorser #fabric

Mark Lewis

A good approach to achieve what Dave suggests is to use chaincode events to trigger business processes in response to committed transactions on the ledger. You emit an chaincode event from your smart contract transaction function, and this event is delivered to clients only after the transaction is successfully committed to the ledger.

The SDKs provide a "checkpointer" feature that can make it easier to resume listening from the same block/transaction position in the event of listener client application restart.

Node client: "Error: 14 UNAVAILABLE: Connection dropped" - How to Suppress or Resolve

Simeon MacMillen

I am getting an occasional "Error: 14 UNAVAILABLE: Connection dropped" when calling Fabric chaincode via evaluateTransaction from my Node client.  I haven't figured out the trigger for this error (it seems sporadic), but when it occurs, I am usually able to reset the gateway and then re-run the transaction without issue.

Is it possible to suppress the error output that results from calling contract.evaluateTransaction(...) ?  This would allow me to more gracefully deal with the error in the background.

Alternately (and probably preferably),

Is it possible to prevent this error?

Regards,
Simeon MacMillen

Ref 1: nodeJS function code: https://pastebin.com/rcSv7APs
Ref 2: Client terminal output: https://pastebin.com/ArPW0Xdj

Error Output:

2021-04-27T14:21:05.216Z - error: [Endorser]: sendProposal[peer0.orga.scm.com:7051] - Received error response from: grpcs://peer0.orga.scm.com:7051 error: Error: 14 UNAVAILABLE: Connection dropped

2021-04-27T14:21:05.225Z - error: [Endorser]: sendProposal[peer0.orga.scm.com:7051] - rejecting with: Error: 14 UNAVAILABLE: Connection dropped
2021-04-27T14:21:05.227Z - error: [SingleQueryHandler]: evaluate: message=Query failed. Errors: ["Error: 14 UNAVAILABLE: Connection dropped"], stack=FabricError: Query failed. Errors: ["Error: 14 UNAVAILABLE: Connection dropped"]
    at SingleQueryHandler.evaluate (/app/node_modules/fabric-network/lib/impl/query/singlequeryhandler.js:47:23)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:94:5)
    at async Transaction.evaluate (/app/node_modules/fabric-network/lib/transaction.js:276:25)
    at async queryOrder (/app/app.js:231:12)
    at async UIqueryOrder (/app/app.js:815:3)
    at async switchboard (/app/app.js:1596:6)
    at async main (/app/app.js:1761:4), name=FabricError

Private Chaincode Lab - Tue, 04/27/2021 #cal-notice

Private Chaincode Lab

When:
Tuesday, 27 April 2021
8:00am to 9:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer:
bur@...

Two of the Hyperleger Labs projects (private data objects and private chain code) are collaborating to develop a "private smart contracts" capability.

Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09 Meeting ID: 518 494 7650 Passcode: 475869

Re: Fabric CA server with customized CSR details.

Chris Gabriel

Meant to say it must be 'set' to true.

fabric-ca-server start \
   -b ${USERNAME}:${PASSWORD} \
   --tls.enabled true \
   --csr.hosts ${CSR_HOSTS} \
   --csr.cn ${CSR_CN}

On Apr 27, 2021, at 6:51 AM, Chris Gabriel via lists.hyperledger.org <alaskadd=gmail.com@...> wrote:

Hello,

--tls.enabled is not complete.  It must equal "true"

so --tls.enabled true if using command line flags

Note the 'tls' section of the following doc:

Hope this helps,
Chris

On Apr 27, 2021, at 6:14 AM, Pechimuthu T <tpmuthu@...> wrote:

hello,

when we start fabric-ca server we get the following files are generated.
fabric-ca-server start \
   -b ${USERNAME}:${PASSWORD} \
   --tls.enabled \
   --csr.hosts ${CSR_HOSTS} \
   --csr.cn ${CSR_CN}

IssuerPublicKey
IssuerRevocationPublicKey
ca-cert.pem
fabric-ca-server-config.yaml
fabric-ca-server.db
./msp
tls-cert.pem

I have changed fabric-ca-server-config.yaml file( changes are specific to CSR section )
deleted ca-cert.pem, ./msp folder, and tls-cert.pem
after that started fabric-ca-server again as mentioned above.

ca-cert.pem has been changed as per my csr config.

But tls-cert.pem is not generated at all.  Any thing i am missing ?
we want the tls-cert.pem also to be regenerated as per my modify CSR config.

any one has faced this issue ? Help in this regard is very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
T. Pechimuthu

Disclaimer:

This e-mail and its attachments may contain official Indian Government information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized. The responsibility lies with the recipient to check this email and any attachment for the presence of viruses.

[...]

Pechimuthu T

[...]

Re: End devices identities in an IoT BC network

Chris Gabriel

Hi Nikos,

I have done this within my company and I prefer to issue identities to the end devices as we would the users.  We do not use an intermediate DB as we use our Fabric blockchain network instead, but there are many ways to do this.  I call our stack the BEAN stack (Blockchain, Express, Angular, and Node).

In our case, the IoT sensor input is autonomous after checking for signal quality and identity credentials as it passes though the gateway (we use Node-Red on RaspberryPi in the demo) and can trigger transactions in the smart contract.  I have posted a demo video that shows how this works on YouTube.  I hope this helps.

Chris

On Apr 27, 2021, at 5:00 AM, Nikos Karamolegkos <nkaram@...> wrote:

Hello,

I want to build a smart building IoT BC network and I am working to the network architecture. At this point I have built the IoT infrastructure and I am looking to integrate the BC idea. Specifically, the end devices (EDs) are equipped with sensors (these device can not run fabric) and the data are transmitted via 802.15.4 to IoT GW (raspberry) which sends them to the DB. In order to integrate the BC concept I am thinking to use a fabric client app in the IoT GW which will send (update) the date to ledger. Is this a good approach? I was wondering how the EDs  can prove their identity through the GW in order to match with the information defined in smart-contract? I can use fabric-ca to create ED identities but these identities would be in the IoT GWs which will match the ED ID with the fabric identity (through the client app running in GWs). Is this the best I can do?

Also, in the BC network would be users which will have access to the sensor data written by the EDs. As I have understood these user will be fabric client application too with specific right policies (read &/or write). Should I make a different organization for them?

I have experience in IoT but not in BC so any idea, example, application or use case are welcome in order to design my BC architecture.

Thank you for your time,

--
Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH

[...]

David Enyeart

Remember that chaincode execution is only a transaction simulation that builds a read/write set. The transaction doesn't get validated and committed until after it is ordered into a block. Therefore you don't want to call any external services that take action from a chaincode. Rather, your application can listen for the block commit events, and then take action for any validated and committed transactions.

"elmira" ---04/19/2021 07:54:35 AM---Hi, What kind of external services are we allowed to use in fabric? Can we use any APIs? Or we must

From: "elmira" <elmira.ebrahimi@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 04/19/2021 07:54 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] using APIs in fabric #fabric-questions #fabric-endorser #fabric
Sent by: fabric@...

Hi,  What kind of external services are we allowed to use in fabric? Can we use any APIs? Or we must just use fabric SDK.  For example, an external service is a bank ATM API, and our transaction is calling the ATM withdrawal operation. ‍‍‍‍ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
 What kind of external services are we allowed to use in fabric? Can we use any APIs? Or we must just use fabric SDK.
 For example, an external service is a bank ATM API, and our transaction is calling the ATM withdrawal operation.
 We have defined in our policies that four endorsers must approve it. When the endorser nodes call that external service, are the withdrawal operations performed four times separately; and change the bank account's balance outside the blockchain each time? (so we have trouble in the commitment phase) How can we handle external calls?
I appreciate any help you can provide.

Re: Running same application from multiple users

David Enyeart

You should also take a look at attribute based access control in chaincode, to authorize users to chaincode actions based on issued role attributes.
See the sample and linked docs: https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/tree/main/asset-transfer-abac

"Nikos Karamolegkos" ---04/14/2021 04:03:26 AM---Nice ideas both. So to be more specific, the CityOrg would have some raspberries as IoT gateways (ne

From: "Nikos Karamolegkos" <nkaram@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 04/14/2021 04:03 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Running same application from multiple users
Sent by: fabric@...

Nice ideas both. So to be more specific, the CityOrg would have some raspberries as IoT gateways (network) which are receiving sensor measurements (like empty parking positions, temperature, etc) from the end devices. I am thinking of running ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
Nice ideas both. So to be more specific, the CityOrg would have some raspberries as IoT gateways (network) which are receiving sensor measurements (like empty parking positions, temperature, etc) from the end devices. I am thinking of running a fabric application into raspberries (i.e the client application runs in raspberry) to use the smart contracts (chaincode) to write the measurements (or a hash for better memory utilization) to the ledger. I am thinking also running some GW raspberries as peers too (eg. 3-4 PI). For the CitizenOrg/ValidatorOrg I am thinking to have two applications (running to PCs), one for the citizen to just read the data (I have to think which of your proposed two approaches to follow), and an other application which can change the data to the ledger (e.g set a parking position to unavailable for some reason). Also, the CitizenOrg/ValidatorOrg would have some peer (3 or 4) which will be part of the endorsing policy for writing data to ledger by CityOrg (to avoid the control of the ledger by a single org). I have to think how to deploy the orderers too.

In case an other city want to join the BC network will be a new org with characteristics similar to CityOrg.

Bases on your experience are these all steps a good approach? I am new to BC idea so any other ideas are welcome. We have already build an IoT network with raspberries for GWs (flow: sensor-> gateway->broker->database->ui) and we would like to make the BC part of it

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hyperledger Fabric fix releases v1.4.12, v2.2.3, v2.3.2 are now available!

David Enyeart

Hyperledger Fabric fix releases v1.4.12, v2.2.3, and v2.3.2 are now available.

See details of the fixes in the release notes:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/tag/v1.4.12
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/tag/v2.2.3
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/tag/v2.3.2

Note that Fabric v1.4.12 marks the last planned fix release for the Fabric v1.4.x stream, since it has gone out of maintenance this month. Going forward, fixes will be applied to the v2.2.x (long-term support release) and v2.3.x (latest release) streams.

Users are encouraged to upgrade to v2.2.x or v2.3.x in order to receive subsequent fix releases. Upgrade guidance can be found in the documentation:
https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-2.2/upgrade.html

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 04/23/2021 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When:
Friday, 23 April 2021
11:00am to 12:00pm
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Organizer:
pama@...

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Meeting ID: 622 333 6701
Passcode: 475869

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 04/23/2021 11:00am-12:00pm #cal-reminder

fabric@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <fabric@...>

Reminder: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When: Friday, 23 April 2021, 11:00am to 12:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

View Event

Organizer: Pam Andrejko pama@...

Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

Meeting ID: 622 333 6701
Passcode: 475869

Re: Kubernetes proposes Hyperledger Fabric

Hakan Eryargi

Hi Jay,

That's a good point. Thanks for the pointer.

However, based on the criteria in the Operator Capability Levels page, the answer is a bit blurry.

As it's now, Fabric Operator spans capabilities from level 2 up to 4. But I won't call it level 4.

For example some supported capabilities:

Level 2
Operand can be upgraded as part of changing the CR

Level 3
Operator orchestrates complex re-configuration flows on the Operand
Operator orchestrates complex re-configuration flows on the Operand
Operator supports add/removing members to a clustered Operand
Operator enables application-aware scaling of the Operand

Level 4
Operator exposing metrics about its health (provided by default by Operator-SDK)
Operand sends useful alerts (not alerts but exposes status field)

On the other hand, it doesn't perform even some basic checks. For example it doesn't monitor if the resources created by the underlying Helm chart is deleted, or the Helm chart is deleted itself.

Best,
Hakan

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 2:23 PM Jay Guo <guojiannan1101@...> wrote:
Thanks Hakan! It would be nice to add operator capability level to readme.

- J

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 5:37 PM Gari Singh <gari.r.singh@...> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing this, Hakan.  Will try to have a look soon and provide comments/suggestions.

Re: Kubernetes proposes Hyperledger Fabric

Jay Guo

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 5:37 PM Gari Singh <gari.r.singh@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for sharing this, Hakan. Will try to have a look soon and provide comments/suggestions.

541 - 560 of 10385