Date

Point multiple peer to same external chaincode server

hansrajrami5@...

I am running multiple peers and I have installed chaincode on both of them with the same external chaincode server address.

Installing the chaincode and committing a chaincode works fine. But while invoking a chaincode it's not working. It is showing like deadlock state. Chaincode invoke is not happening.

I read in official docs that " Instead of building and launching the chaincode on every peer, chaincode can now run as a service whose lifecycle is managed outside of Fabric. "

So, Is it possible to point multiple peers to the external chaincode server?

I am using Fabric 2.1.0

Changing Chaincode Policy

Antoni Massó Mola <antonimassomola@...>

Hello,

I'm trying to change a chaincode policy using lifecyles.

I'm using the following commands:

CHANNELID=o-test2
CHAINCODENAME=o-test24
CHAINCODEVERSION=1
CHAINCODESEQUENCE=4
PACKAGEID=o-test24:7444dd525eb4bf0e20b055de52ed722b056905984a902d5f7a321870bcf4e8f0
POLICY="OR ('org1.member')"

export CORE_PEER_MSPCONFIGPATH=/etc/hyperledger/fabric/peerOrganizations/org1/users/Admin@org1/msp
export CORE_PEER_ADDRESS=peer0-org1-service:7051
export CORE_PEER_LOCALMSPID=org1
export CORE_PEER_TLS_ROOTCERT_FILE=/etc/hyperledger/fabric/peerOrganizations/org1/peers/org1-peer0.default.svc.cluster.local/tls/ca.crt
peer lifecycle chaincode approveformyorg -o orderer0-service:7050 --tls --cafile /etc/hyperledger/orderers/msp/tlscacerts/ca-root-7054.pem --channelID $CHANNELID --name $CHAINCODENAME --version $CHAINCODEVERSION --sequence $CHAINCODESEQUENCE --waitForEvent --signature-policy $POLICY --package-id $PACKAGEID
export CORE_PEER_MSPCONFIGPATH=/etc/hyperledger/fabric/peerOrganizations/org2/users/Admin@org2/msp
export CORE_PEER_ADDRESS=peer0-org2-service:9051
export CORE_PEER_LOCALMSPID=org2
export CORE_PEER_TLS_ROOTCERT_FILE=/etc/hyperledger/fabric/peerOrganizations/org2/peers/org2-peer0.default.svc.cluster.local/tls/ca.crt
peer lifecycle chaincode approveformyorg -o orderer0-service:7050 --tls --cafile /etc/hyperledger/orderers/msp/tlscacerts/ca-root-7054.pem --channelID $CHANNELID --name $CHAINCODENAME --version $CHAINCODEVERSION --sequence $CHAINCODESEQUENCE --waitForEvent --signature-policy $POLICY --package-id $PACKAGEID

peer lifecycle chaincode checkcommitreadiness --channelID $CHANNELID --name $CHAINCODENAME --version $CHAINCODEVERSION --sequence $CHAINCODESEQUENCE --signature-policy $POLICY --output json

peer lifecycle chaincode commit -o orderer0-service:7050 --tls --cafile /etc/hyperledger/orderers/msp/tlscacerts/ca-root-7054.pem --channelID $CHANNELID --name $CHAINCODENAME --version $CHAINCODEVERSION --sequence $CHAINCODESEQUENCE --signature-policy $POLICY

The transaction is successfully executed but the policy seems to be not implemented. For example I try to set the policy to OR('org1.member') but I am able to to invoke the chaincode with a user from org2 using mspID of org2.

Is there a command to view the currently policy set for a chaincode?

Thanks

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 06/12/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When:
Friday, 12 June 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+01:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 06/12/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm #cal-reminder

fabric@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <fabric@...>

Reminder: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When: Friday, 12 June 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+01:00) Europe/London

Where:https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

View Event

Organizer: Anthony O'Dowd a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 06/12/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When:
Friday, 12 June 2020
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT+01:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Re: Why does Fabric require a separate transaction to set the anchor peers of a channel?

Jason Yellick <jyellick@...>

For two reasons:

1) At channel creation time, the peers necessarily are not joined to the channel (since the channel doesn't exist yet) and therefore cannot act as anchors.  So, from a workflow perspective, setting anchor peers before the channel exists would create a transitively incorrect configuration.

2) Generally, Org1 should not be able to set anchor peers for Org2, Org3, etc.  It is possible (though I would strongly recommend against it), to craft a channel creation transaction which sets anchor peers for all orgs, but then you would require admin signatures from all organizations in the channel, and not simply the creator.

Thanks,
~Jason

From: "Antoni Massó Mola" <antonimassomola@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] peer lifecycle chaincode commit error 500
Date: Thu, Jun 11, 2020 5:15 PM

Hello,

Im stuck at the peer lifecycle chaincode commit command.
I execute the following commands until I get an error on the above command.

export CORE_PEER_MSPCONFIGPATH=/etc/hyperledger/fabric/peerOrganizations/org2/users/Admin@org2/msp
export CORE_PEER_ADDRESS=peer0-org2-service:10051
export CORE_PEER_TLS_ROOTCERT_FILE=/etc/hyperledger/fabric/peerOrganizations/org2/peers/org2-peer0.default.svc.cluster.local/tls/ca.crt
export CORE_PEER_LOCALMSPID=org2

peer lifecycle chaincode package o-test7.tar.gz --path /chainset/hyperledger-config/chaincode/src/o-test --label o-test7

peer lifecycle chaincode install o-test7.tar.gz

peer lifecycle chaincode approveformyorg --tls lifecycle chaincode approveformyorg -o orderer0-service:7050 --tls --cafile /etc/hyperledger/orderers/msp/tlscacerts/ca-root-7054.pem --channelID o-testing --name o-test7 --version 1 --init-required --sequence 1 --waitForEvent --signature-policy "OR ('org2.peer')" --package-id o-test7:757e5f9ddab38a34b8086649fce8a7de4be1567f2cb3249cbecad1c54f80e96d

peer lifecycle chaincode approveformyorg -o orderer0-service:7050 --tls --cafile /etc/hyperledger/orderers/msp/tlscacerts/ca-root-7054.pem --channelID o-testing --name o-test7 --version 1 --sequence 1 --waitForEvent --signature-policy "OR ('org2.peer')" --package-id o-test7:757e5f9ddab38a34b8086649fce8a7de4be1567f2cb3249cbecad1c54f80e96d

peer lifecycle chaincode checkcommitreadiness --channelID o-testing --name o-test7 --version 1 --sequence 1 --signature-policy "OR ('org2.peer')" --output json

{
"approvals": {
"org1": false,
"org2": true
peer lifecycle chaincode commit -o orderer0-service:7050 --tls --cafile /etc/hyperledger/orderers/msp/tlscacerts/ca-root-7054.pem --channelID o-testing --name o-test7 --version 1 --sequence 1 --init-required --signature-policy "OR ('org2.peer')" --peerAddresses peer0-org2-service:9051 --tlsRootCertFiles /etc/hyperledger/fabric/peerOrganizations/org2/peers/org2-peer0.default.svc.cluster.local/tls/ca.crt

Error: proposal failed with status: 500 - failed to invoke backing implementation of 'CommitChaincodeDefinition': chaincode definition not agreed to by this org (org2)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

[...]

Documentation Workgroup: Agenda for Friday, 12 June

Anthony O'Dowd <a_o-dowd@...>

Hi All,

We will hold the documentation workgroup calls this Friday -- with both an Eastern hemisphere and Western hemisphere call. Please feel free to come along, you're always very welcome.

You can read about last week's calls at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+06+05+DWG+Agenda You'll see significant minutes for both the Eastern and Western hemisphere calls, and recordings for both sessions. Our Eastern and Western hemisphere calls are very well attended at the moment -- thanks to all for your contributions and collaboration.

Our Eastern hemisphere call saw us reach a key milestone for the Malayalam working group are now self sufficient, and starting to organize their own workshops for contribution. The new working group is gathering members https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Malayalam+Documentation++Working+Group nicely, and the team are getting ready for some healthy translation contributions.  We've also put together some documentation for other groups who'd like to create language translations, and we'll review that tomorrow.

Our Western hemisphere call included the now regular V2.x status update from Pam and Joe on new content; keep up to date with these as we approach 2.2! Renato shared more excellent updates on Braziilian Portuguese translation.  He's building significant support amongst the Brazil chapter for translations, and is looking to have a good chuck of documentation done before he creates a public HL Labs repo. Nik gave a super update on the create channel tutorial, followed by an excellent discussion. Chris also highlighted key SDK 1.4->2.0 migration notes to be aware of, and offered a demo on the subject soon.  Another very good WH call.

You can catch up with the full recordings and other sessions: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Recordings

See https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+06+12+DWG+Agenda for this week's agenda. Again, on the Eastern hemisphere call Aneena and her team will share progress including RTD builds, and PR mergin in the ML doc repo. On the Western hemisphere call, we also have a promising agenda.

Please feel free to contribute using the wiki, including helping to build next week's agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+06+19+DWG+Agenda

Thanks!

Pam, Anthony,  Joe, Nik

Meeting Details
-------------
Please use the following link to attend the meeting:  https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

The meeting times are as follows: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Meeting 132A: Friday 12 June
                   1130 India Standard Time
                   1400 China Standard Time
                   1500 Japan Standard Time
                   1700 Australia Eastern Time
                   1400 Singapore Time
                   1100 Gulf Standard Time
                   1000 Moscow Standard Time
                   0700 Greenwich Mean Time
                   0800 Central European Time

Meeting 132B: Friday 12 June
              1100 Central Daylight Time
                   1200 Eastern Daylight Time
                   0900 Pacific Daylight Time
                   1400 Brasil Time (BRT)
                   1600 Greenwich Mean Time
                   1700 Central European Time
                   1800 Moscow Standard Time

Failed constructing descriptor for chaincode chaincodes:<name:"mycc" > ,: cannot satisfy any principal combination

Does anyone know what this error is about? we get this error when trying to submit a transaction using the fabric-network:2.1.0 library

const result = await contract.submitTransaction('foo', 'bar');

2020-06-11T19:07:50.180Z - error: [DiscoveryService]: send[mycc] - Channel:tracktrace received discovery error:failed constructing descriptor for chaincodes:<name:"mycc" >
Error processing transaction. Error: DiscoveryService: mycc error: failed constructing descriptor for chaincodes:<name:"mycc" >
Error: DiscoveryService: mycc error: failed constructing descriptor for chaincodes:<name:"mycc" >

peer log:

Failed constructing descriptor for chaincode chaincodes:<name:"mycc" > ,: cannot satisfy any principal combination

our connection profile is like this:

---
name: any-name
version: 1.0.0
client:
  organization: Org1
  connection:
    timeout:
      peer:
        endorser: '300'
organizations:
  Biotor:
    mspid: Org1MSP
    peers:
    - peer0.Org1.com
peers:
  peer0.orgBiotor.example.com:
    url: grpc://localhost:8051

the peer is running on localhost:8051. we are not using any docker or TLS.

Sid

Re: Network configuration file

Siddharth Jain

thanks for the clarification.

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date: Wed, Jun 10, 2020 7:36 PM

Hi,

we are looking at the fabric-samples
let connectionProfile = yaml.safeLoad(fs.readFileSync('../gateway/connection-org1.yaml', 'utf8'));

but cannot find the connection-org1.yaml file in https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/tree/v2.1.0/commercial-paper/organization/digibank/gateway

Is there any document that explains the syntax of this file needed by the Gateway class?

Sid

Re: Private: Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] [FAB-17598] Improve the efficiency of viperutil.EnhancedExactUnmarshal

Nicholas Basker

Matt, All:

As discussed in the thread below, I have raised a draft PR https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/pull/1392 to decouple "viper" from getKeysRecursive() function. Attached below the test results and improved times.
The PR as it stands is raised to show the changes and get review comments. The code in "execmode := os.Getenv("SKIP_VIPER")" is the changes. The yaml.Unmarshal data could be reused instead of going through viper.Get() which does further recursive calls to viper.searchMap(). Furthermore the entire viper library can be skipped.

Have tested internal/configtxgen/genesisconfig, orderer/common/localconfig and common/viperutil (which are unit tests for viperutil.go).

At this time, the viper references are not cleaned up as it enables me to compare and measure. Based on review, if this change is aligning with the thought of viper-removal, then shall update the PR with full cleanup by removing viper references from these files.

go test -race -count 1 -v -run Test github.com/hyperledger/fabric/internal/configtxgen/genesisconfig | tail -2

PASS

ok      github.com/hyperledger/fabric/internal/configtxgen/genesisconfig        10.481s

SKIP_VIPER=yes go test -race -count 1 -v -run Test github.com/hyperledger/fabric/internal/configtxgen/genesisconfig | tail -2

PASS

ok      github.com/hyperledger/fabric/internal/configtxgen/genesisconfig        5.922s

go test -race -count 1 -v -run Test github.com/hyperledger/fabric/orderer/common/localconfig | tail -2

PASS

ok      github.com/hyperledger/fabric/orderer/common/localconfig        5.639s

SKIP_VIPER=orderer go test -race -count 1 -v -run Test github.com/hyperledger/fabric/orderer/common/localconfig | tail -2

PASS

ok      github.com/hyperledger/fabric/orderer/common/localconfig        5.418s

go test -race -count 1 -v -run Test github.com/hyperledger/fabric/common/viperutil | tail -2

PASS

ok      github.com/hyperledger/fabric/common/viperutil  5.544s

SKIP_VIPER=viperutil go test -race -count 1 -v -run Test github.com/hyperledger/fabric/common/viperutil | tail -2

PASS

ok      github.com/hyperledger/fabric/common/viperutil  5.558s

Thanks.

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 10:28 PM Nicholas Basker <nbasker@...> wrote:
Matt:

Investigated the code and able to see that as you had mentioned getKeysRecursively() and the "viper.ReadInConfig()" have an over-lap. The viper.ReadInConfig() internally uses yaml (gopkg.in/yaml.v2/yaml.go) or json utilities respectively to read the config and give it to getKeysRecursively() which again does a recursive-depth-walk to construct "TopLevel struct".

Its possible to come up with a change to avoid viper, instead use yaml or json to read the file and directly pass to getKeysRecursively() to avoid on recursive-depth-walk. I can make the change.
The getKeysRecursively() function is only used by "EnhancedExactUnmarshal()" which in turn is used only in the following two places.

// EnhancedExactUnmarshal. Cache key is the path of the configuration file that was used.

                err := viperutil.EnhancedExactUnmarshal(config, conf)

./internal/configtxgen/genesisconfig/config.go

// EnhancedExactUnmarshal. Cache key is the path of the configuration file that was used.

                err := viperutil.EnhancedExactUnmarshal(config, &uconf)

./orderer/common/localconfig/config.go

Is the objective to clean the above to avoid two recursive-depth-walk?
There are other places where viper is referenced but not used along with getKeysRecursively(), so there is no repetition. Is there clean up needed in these as well. (there are a lot of places where viper is used, clearing that seems like a fairly lot of change)

Thanks,
Nicholas.

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 11:58 PM Matthew Sykes <matthew.sykes@...> wrote:
The test I pointed to will exercise the code. If you're trying to observe what I mean when I say the bug is now the feature:

$ go get github.com/spf13/viper # upgrade to a current version of viper
$ go mod vendor
$ go test -race -count 1 -run TestLoadProfile github.com/hyperledger/fabric/internal/configtxgen/genesisconfig

That test will now fail with a panic because "SampleDevModeKafka" is not present in the "Profiles" map associated with the config. This is related to bug fixes that went into viper in back in October of 2016. [1] if you're asking about the multi-pass nature, you should look at the implementation of `getKeysRecursively` and the viper implementation. There's quite a bit of overlap between the two.

Having said that, the ultimate goal is to remove viper from Fabric. While viper is a fine library, it does a lot of things we don't need and its property based model gets in the way as often as it doesn't - especially given how many of our components are populating value structures for config. So, if you want to pull on that thread, I think it would be a welcome effort.

[1]: https://github.com/spf13/viper/commit/50515b700e02658272117a72bd641b6b7f1222e5

Re: Peer 2.1.1 & CouchDB Error detected during WarmIndexAllIndexes() #couchdb #docker #fabric #fabric-questions

Mattia Bolzonella

Hi David,
thanks for the reply, I've recreated the network and now it seems to work, I'll save save your hint for possible future problems.

Mattia

Some additional peer logging would help to troubleshoot it:

FABRIC_LOGGING_SPEC=info:statecouchdb,couchdb=debug

Dave Enyeart

"Mattia Bolzonella" ---06/11/2020 05:37:49 AM---Hi, i'm trying to start a peer but I get the error reportet in the below log dump. I can't figure ou

From: "Mattia Bolzonella" <mattia.bolzonella@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 06/11/2020 05:37 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Peer 2.1.1 & CouchDB Error detected during WarmIndexAllIndexes() #couchdb #docker #fabric #fabric-questions
Sent by: fabric@...

Hi, i'm trying to start a peer but I get the error reportet in the below log dump. I can't figure out how to solve it.

2020-06-05 08:41:17.126 UTC [peer] getLocalAddress -> INFO 002 Auto-detected peer address: 10.0.9.241:9151
2020-06-05 08:41:17.126 UTC [peer] getLocalAddress -> INFO 003 Returning peer1.org3.mydomain.com:9151
2020-06-05 08:41:17.137 UTC [nodeCmd] initGrpcSemaphores -> INFO 004 concurrency limit for endorser service is 2500
2020-06-05 08:41:17.137 UTC [nodeCmd] initGrpcSemaphores -> INFO 005 concurrency limit for deliver service is 2500
2020-06-05 08:41:17.137 UTC [nodeCmd] serve -> INFO 006 Starting peer with TLS enabled
2020-06-05 08:41:17.204 UTC [ledgermgmt] NewLedgerMgr -> INFO 007 Initializing LedgerMgr
2020-06-05 08:41:17.588 UTC [couchdb] CreateDatabaseIfNotExist -> INFO 008 Created state database _replicator
2020-06-05 08:41:17.697 UTC [couchdb] CreateDatabaseIfNotExist -> INFO 009 Created state database fabric__internal
2020-06-05 08:41:17.749 UTC [couchdb] runWarmIndexAllIndexes -> ERRO 00a Error detected during WarmIndexAllIndexes(): error handling CouchDB request. Error:not_found, Status Code:404, Reason:missing
github.com/hyperledger/fabric/core/ledger/util/couchdb.(*CouchInstance).handleRequest
/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/core/ledger/util/couchdb/couchdb.go:1921
github.com/hyperledger/fabric/core/ledger/util/couchdb.(*CouchDatabase).handleRequest
/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/core/ledger/util/couchdb/couchdb.go:1730
github.com/hyperledger/fabric/core/ledger/util/couchdb.(*CouchDatabase).ListIndex
/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/core/ledger/util/couchdb/couchdb.go:1231
github.com/hyperledger/fabric/core/ledger/util/couchdb.(*CouchDatabase).WarmIndexAllIndexes
/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/core/ledger/util/couchdb/couchdb.go:1404
github.com/hyperledger/fabric/core/ledger/util/couchdb.(*CouchDatabase).runWarmIndexAllIndexes
/go/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/core/ledger/util/couchdb/couchdb.go:1391
runtime.goexit
/usr/local/go/src/runtime/asm_amd64.s:137

IFIN SISTEMI S.R.L. a socio unico

Via G. Medici 9/a
35138 Padova

Le informazioni, i dati e le notizie contenute nella presente comunicazione e i relativi allegati sono di natura privata e come tali possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, destinate esclusivamente ai destinatari sopra indicati. La diffusione, la distribuzione e/o la copiatura del documento trasmesso da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario è proibita, sia ai sensi dell’art. 616 c.p., sia ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003 e Regolamento UE 2016/679. Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, vi preghiamo di distruggerlo e di darcene immediata comunicazione anche inviando un messaggio di ritorno all'indirizzo e-mail del mittente. L’interessato può esercitare tutti i diritti previsti ai sensi degli articoli degli articoli 13, comma 2, lettere (b) e (d), 15-21 del Regolamento UE 2016/679, inviando un messaggio all'indirizzo e-mail del mittente o telefonando allo 049 500 1 500. Si prega di leggere Privacy Policy presente in https://ifin.it/privacy-policy-informativa-sui-cookies.

Re: Peer 2.1.1 & CouchDB Error detected during WarmIndexAllIndexes() #couchdb #docker #fabric #fabric-questions

David Enyeart

[...]

#fabric-chaincode #fabric-rfcs Wasm Smart Contracts #fabric-rfcs #fabric-chaincode

Matthew White

Hello;

The Wasm Smart Contracts RFC was discussed on the Contributors Call yesterday. I've added a couple of comments to the Wasm Smart Contract RFC  from the discussion.

Based on this can ask the maintainers to indicate agreement on the PR as-per the RFC process; thanks!!
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-rfcs/pull/28

Upcoming Event: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 06/12/2020 6:00am-7:00am #cal-reminder

fabric@lists.hyperledger.org Calendar <fabric@...>

Reminder: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When: Friday, 12 June 2020, 6:00am to 7:00am, (GMT+01:00) Europe/London

Where:https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

View Event

Organizer: Anthony O'Dowd a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Agenda, minutes and recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group