Date   

Action required by developers using the Vagrant environment

Sheehan Anderson <sheehan@...>
 

Hi

Two pull requests were merged today that require some additional steps for developers using the Vagrant environment.

https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/pull/1529
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/pull/1613

1529 changes the mapped REST port in Vagrantfile from 3000 to 5000. This is now the same as the peer's default REST port. This was done to reduce confusion that was being caused by Vagrant mapping the REST port to a different port on the host machine. To pick up the change, simply run "vagrant halt" followed by "vagrant up". The default REST port will now always be 5000 in all environments.

1613 adds /hyperledger/build/bin to the PATH. This will eventually be used for build artifacts so developers can simply run commands such as "peer node ..." from any location. This requires no immediate action, but eventually it will be necessary to run "vagrant destroy" "vagrant up" when build artifacts are added to this directory. Thanks to Greg Haskins for this change.

These changes were merged in tandem to reduce the impact on developers. Please reach out if you encounter any issues.

Thanks,
Sheehan Anderson
sheehan@...


Invitation: Hyperledger Fabric Technical Planning (May 23 10:00 AM EDT)

Binh Q Nguyen <binhn@...>
 

Description


https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/meetings/join?uuid=M7ME8OZ0FX8ZY45U79CEWHFSOD-9VIB

Meeting number: 195 533 376
Audio Connection:  +1-415-655-0001 US TOLL
Access code: 195 533 376

Can't access your meeting? Get help:
https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/#/support


Other Hyperledger meetings:
https://github.com/hyperledger/hyperledger/wiki/PublicMeetingCalendar

https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/meetings/join?uuid=M7ME8OZ0FX8ZY45U79CEWHFSOD-9VIB

Meeting number: 195 533 376
Audio Connection:  +1-415-655-0001 US TOLL
Access code: 195 533 376

Can't access your meeting? Get help:
https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/#/support


Other Hyperledger meetings:
https://github.com/hyperledger/hyperledger/wiki/PublicMeetingCalendar


Documentation - help wanted

Josh Horton
 

Hello Team,

Hyperledger has some documentation help wanted issues that you can contribute to!

Simply add a comment to the issue as you start working on one, and add additional comments to keep the community informed of your progress. Collaboration in encouraged.

Graphic design and text needed: https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/issues/1536

Proposed "welcome" text with prereqs. and audience: https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/issues/1491

Improved web / PDF / etc. output doc displays sought: https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/issues/1262

Thanks,

Josh


Joshua H. Horton
IBM Blockchain Information Development
2455 South Road Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Email: joshh@...
Tel: 845-433-1711



Re: busywork

Baohua Yang
 

Great work, bishop!


On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 7:48 AM, Bishop Brock <bcbrock@...> wrote:

The busywork exerciser framework has been added to the Hyperledger fabric as fabric/tools/busywork.

Busywork has a few prerequisites that have been added to the setup scripts, however you don't need to recreate your Vagrant environment to use busywork. Simply SSH into Vagrant and

sudo apt-get install -y tcl tclx tcllib

and you should be all set to try some of the examples documented in the fabric/tool/busywork/README.me

I hope the community finds this to be a useful tool.

Bishop

Bishop Brock : Research Staff Member : IBM Master Inventor
IBM Research : +1 (512) 286-5453 [Office] : +1 (512) 568-9467 [Mobile]
http://researcher.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-bcbrock


_______________________________________________
Hyperledger-fabric mailing list
Hyperledger-fabric@...
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-fabric




--
Best wishes!
Baohua


busywork

Bishop Brock <bcbrock@...>
 

The busywork exerciser framework has been added to the Hyperledger fabric as fabric/tools/busywork.

Busywork has a few prerequisites that have been added to the setup scripts, however you don't need to recreate your Vagrant environment to use busywork. Simply SSH into Vagrant and

sudo apt-get install -y tcl tclx tcllib

and you should be all set to try some of the examples documented in the fabric/tool/busywork/README.me

I hope the community finds this to be a useful tool.

Bishop

Bishop Brock : Research Staff Member : IBM Master Inventor
IBM Research : +1 (512) 286-5453 [Office] : +1 (512) 568-9467 [Mobile]
http://researcher.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-bcbrock


Re: regular weekly hyperledger/fabric technical planning with maintainers

Tamas Blummer <tamas@...>
 

Good idea. Please send schedule suggestion.


Tamas Blummer
CHIEF LEDGER ARCHITECT



C: +36 30 4605877 

On 17 May 2016, at 00:17, Sheehan Anderson <sheehan@...> wrote:

+1

-Sheehan

<graycol.gif>"Haskins, Gregory" ---05/16/2016 06:01:45 PM---Hi Binh, I think that is a good idea, and Monday 11a ET works for me.

From: "Haskins, Gregory" <GHaskins@...>
To: Binh Q Nguyen/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Tamas Blummer <tamas@...>, "robert@..." <robert@...>, Sheehan Anderson/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
Cc: "hyperledger-fabric@..." <hyperledger-fabric@...>
Date: 05/16/2016 06:01 PM
Subject: RE: regular weekly hyperledger/fabric technical planning with maintainers





Hi Binh,

I think that is a good idea, and Monday 11a ET works for me.

-Greg

From: Binh Q Nguyen [mailto:binhn@...]
Sent:
16 May 2016 16:50
To:
Haskins, Gregory; Tamas Blummer; robert@...; Sheehan Anderson
Cc:
hyperledger-fabric@...
Subject:
regular weekly hyperledger/fabric technical planning with maintainers

Hi Folks,

I'd like to propose a weekly or bi weekly technical planning discussion on Hyperledger Fabric project. The discussion will be about the key items to take on, based on the issues created by the community, whether changes to the existing functions, restructuring, new functions/features, bus, more tests, more documents, etc.

We would document these items as issues on Boards->Current and requesting contribution from the community to implement.

I would suggest the meeting to be Monday at 11am EST to accommodate folks from other time zones (I know that's not the best for many regions).

Let me know if this is workable for you or propose a few time slots.

Thanks,

- Binh

Please read these warnings and restrictions:

This e-mail transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed. It may contain legally privileged and/or CONFIDENTIAL information.

The unauthorised use, disclosure, distribution and/or copying of this e-mail or any information it contains is prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, constitute a criminal offence.

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not an intended recipient please inform London Stock Exchange Group (“LSEG”) immediately by return e-mail or telephone 020 7797 1000.

We advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient of this e-mail should ensure that it is virus free. We do not accept responsibility for any virus that may be transferred by way of this e-mail.

E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such corruption, interception or amendment or any consequences thereof.

Calls to London Stock Exchange Group may be recorded to enable LSEG to carry out its regulatory responsibilities.

London Stock Exchange Group plc

10 Paternoster Square
London
EC4M 7LS

Registered in England and Wales No 05369106





This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.digitalasset.com/emaildisclaimer.html. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.


Re: regular weekly hyperledger/fabric technical planning with maintainers

Baohua Yang
 

+1 to support the meeing.

Would like to try attending it, while hour earlier would be better for me.

Thanks!

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 4:49 AM, Binh Q Nguyen <binhn@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'd like to propose a weekly or bi weekly technical planning discussion on Hyperledger Fabric project. The discussion will be about the key items to take on, based on the issues created by the community, whether changes to the existing functions, restructuring, new functions/features, bus, more tests, more documents, etc.

We would document these items as issues on Boards->Current and requesting contribution from the community to implement.

I would suggest the meeting to be Monday at 11am EST to accommodate folks from other time zones (I know that's not the best for many regions).

Let me know if this is workable for you or propose a few time slots.

Thanks,

- Binh


_______________________________________________
Hyperledger-fabric mailing list
Hyperledger-fabric@...
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-fabric




--
Best wishes!
Baohua


Re: regular weekly hyperledger/fabric technical planning with maintainers

Sheehan Anderson <sheehan@...>
 

+1

-Sheehan

"Haskins, Gregory" ---05/16/2016 06:01:45 PM---Hi Binh, I think that is a good idea, and Monday 11a ET works for me.

From: "Haskins, Gregory" <GHaskins@...>
To: Binh Q Nguyen/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Tamas Blummer <tamas@...>, "robert@..." <robert@...>, Sheehan Anderson/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
Cc: "hyperledger-fabric@..." <hyperledger-fabric@...>
Date: 05/16/2016 06:01 PM
Subject: RE: regular weekly hyperledger/fabric technical planning with maintainers





Hi Binh,

I think that is a good idea, and Monday 11a ET works for me.

-Greg

From: Binh Q Nguyen [mailto:binhn@...]
Sent:
16 May 2016 16:50
To:
Haskins, Gregory; Tamas Blummer; robert@...; Sheehan Anderson
Cc:
hyperledger-fabric@...
Subject:
regular weekly hyperledger/fabric technical planning with maintainers

Hi Folks,

I'd like to propose a weekly or bi weekly technical planning discussion on Hyperledger Fabric project. The discussion will be about the key items to take on, based on the issues created by the community, whether changes to the existing functions, restructuring, new functions/features, bus, more tests, more documents, etc.

We would document these items as issues on Boards->Current and requesting contribution from the community to implement.

I would suggest the meeting to be Monday at 11am EST to accommodate folks from other time zones (I know that's not the best for many regions).

Let me know if this is workable for you or propose a few time slots.

Thanks,

- Binh

Please read these warnings and restrictions:

This e-mail transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed. It may contain legally privileged and/or CONFIDENTIAL information.

The unauthorised use, disclosure, distribution and/or copying of this e-mail or any information it contains is prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, constitute a criminal offence.

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not an intended recipient please inform London Stock Exchange Group (“LSEG”) immediately by return e-mail or telephone 020 7797 1000.

We advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient of this e-mail should ensure that it is virus free. We do not accept responsibility for any virus that may be transferred by way of this e-mail.

E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such corruption, interception or amendment or any consequences thereof.

Calls to London Stock Exchange Group may be recorded to enable LSEG to carry out its regulatory responsibilities.

London Stock Exchange Group plc

10 Paternoster Square
London
EC4M 7LS

Registered in England and Wales No 05369106



Re: regular weekly hyperledger/fabric technical planning with maintainers

Haskins, Gregory <GHaskins@...>
 

Hi Binh,

 

I think that is a good idea, and Monday 11a ET works for me.

 

-Greg

 

From: Binh Q Nguyen [mailto:binhn@...]
Sent: 16 May 2016 16:50
To: Haskins, Gregory; Tamas Blummer; robert@...; Sheehan Anderson
Cc: hyperledger-fabric@...
Subject: regular weekly hyperledger/fabric technical planning with maintainers

 

Hi Folks,

I'd like to propose a weekly or bi weekly technical planning discussion on Hyperledger Fabric project. The discussion will be about the key items to take on, based on the issues created by the community, whether changes to the existing functions, restructuring, new functions/features, bus, more tests, more documents, etc.

We would document these items as issues on Boards->Current and requesting contribution from the community to implement.

I would suggest the meeting to be Monday at 11am EST to accommodate folks from other time zones (I know that's not the best for many regions).

Let me know if this is workable for you or propose a few time slots.

Thanks,

- Binh

Please read these warnings and restrictions:

This e-mail transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed. It may contain legally privileged and/or CONFIDENTIAL information.

The unauthorised use, disclosure, distribution and/or copying of this e-mail or any information it contains is prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, constitute a criminal offence.

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not an intended recipient please inform London Stock Exchange Group (“LSEG”) immediately by return e-mail or telephone 020 7797 1000.

We advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient of this e-mail should ensure that it is virus free. We do not accept responsibility for any virus that may be transferred by way of this e-mail.

E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such corruption, interception or amendment or any consequences thereof.

Calls to London Stock Exchange Group may be recorded to enable LSEG to carry out its regulatory responsibilities.

London Stock Exchange Group plc

10 Paternoster Square
London
EC4M 7LS

Registered in England and Wales No 05369106


regular weekly hyperledger/fabric technical planning with maintainers

Binh Q Nguyen <binhn@...>
 

Hi Folks,

I'd like to propose a weekly or bi weekly technical planning discussion on Hyperledger Fabric project. The discussion will be about the key items to take on, based on the issues created by the community, whether changes to the existing functions, restructuring, new functions/features, bus, more tests, more documents, etc.

We would document these items as issues on Boards->Current and requesting contribution from the community to implement.

I would suggest the meeting to be Monday at 11am EST to accommodate folks from other time zones (I know that's not the best for many regions).

Let me know if this is workable for you or propose a few time slots.

Thanks,

- Binh


Re: Command linue usage change

Baohua Yang
 

Great, that makes the usage more clearly!

While considering the possible changing to REST APIs in future, should we add some version number in the URL path to keep compatibility?

e.g., /v1/chain/blocks/{Block} 

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Sheehan Anderson <sheehan@...> wrote:

Hi

A PR has been merged into the fabric project that makes some significant changes to the command line usage. You can read the details at https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/pull/1357. Additional discussion can be found at https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/issues/1158. The consensus from discussion was that this is a step in the right direction, but does not exclude additional changes in the future.

I'd like to thank https://github.com/lehors for his effort in making this change happen.

Regards,
Sheehan Anderson
sheehan@...


_______________________________________________
Hyperledger-fabric mailing list
Hyperledger-fabric@...
https://lists.hyperledger.org/mailman/listinfo/hyperledger-fabric




--
Best wishes!
Baohua


Command linue usage change

Sheehan Anderson <sheehan@...>
 

Hi

A PR has been merged into the fabric project that makes some significant changes to the command line usage. You can read the details at https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/pull/1357. Additional discussion can be found at https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/issues/1158. The consensus from discussion was that this is a step in the right direction, but does not exclude additional changes in the future.

I'd like to thank https://github.com/lehors for his effort in making this change happen.

Regards,
Sheehan Anderson
sheehan@...

11501 - 11512 of 11512