Date

Next Hyperledger Fabric Application Developer Community call - this Thursday, Feb 20th @ 4pm UTC (4pm UK) - 11am ET, 8am PT

Paul O'Mahoney <mahoney@...>

dear Fabric Application Developer,

the next  Fabric Application Developer community call is scheduled for this  Thursday Feb 20th @ 4pm UTC (4pm UK) - 11am ET (-5 hrs), 8am PT(-8 hrs) - see time zones.   It lasts approx 30-60 mins FYI.

The agenda will be posted here -> https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Meeting+Agendas%3A+Fabric+Application+Developer+Community+Call

This community call is held bi-weekly via Zoom webconference and is aimed at :

- helping the worldwide Hyperledger Fabric Application Developer community grow (eg. developing applications, smart contracts,  developing application clients, using the SDKs, tutorials/demos etc -  NodeJS/TypeScript, Java, Go etc etc)
- helping App developers understand / hear more about exciting new things in Fabric, eg. features upcoming or work in progress - ie things that appeal to the developer
- foster more interest, best practices etc in developing applications (eg developing solutions, use cases) with Hyperledger Fabric.
- opportunity to ask questions of the Fabric team eg. you may have feedback/questions on your experiences developing solutions with Fabric
- to share stuff you've done with the community, eg sample code / sample use cases that others may be interested in

If you wish to share content on a call, just let me know via email direct or DM me on Rocketchat (ID: mahoney1) and I'll put an item on the agenda. Provide the following:
- the topic (state whether its presentation, or demo etc)
- the full name of the presenter, and
- approx length of your pitch in minutes

The Zoom webconference ID is https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

More information can be found on the community page -> https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Fabric+Application+Developer+Community+Calls

You can get calendar invites (eg iCal) here

many thanks for your time - feel free to forward this email if you think it is of interest to a colleague.

Paul O'Mahony
Community Lead - Hyperledger Fabric Developer Community
RocketChat:  mahoney1

mahoney@...

#fabric #configtxgen #fabric-orderer #fabric #configtxgen #fabric-orderer

Jean-Gaël Dominé <jgdomine@...>

Hi,

Until now, to set up a Raft Fabric network, I had a batch in charge of registering and enrolling all the identities (admin, orderers and peers), creating the system and application channel genesis blocks.
What I'd like to do is to move the enrollment part to each component (peers and orderers) when they start up so that the batch is now only in charge of the enrolling of admins and creating the genesis blocks.
But the issue is that with Raft as the genesis block must contain each orderer TLS certificate. So the orderer can't enroll itself before startup because it will need the system channel genesis block to start and I can't create this genesis block without having the TLS certificates.

So it's a vicious circle and I don't see a nice way to fix this.

Any idea of how to do that? In your cases, how did you automate this part (generation of certificates and genesis blocks creation) in a nice way?

Thanks

JG

divya.s@...

I have installed hyperledger fabric 2.0.0. When I try to run the fabcar example, I am getting an error like this "Error: error getting endorser client for channel: endorser client failed to connect to peer0.org1.example.com:7051: failed to create new connection: context deadline exceeded".

When I checked in docker logs using docker logs peer0.org1.example.com, It shows warning "Retrying couchdb request in 250ms. Error:Get http://couchdb0:5984/: dial tcp 172.22.0.8:5984: connect: connection refused".

I pruned all the docker images,volumes, networks and installed again. I have tried adding dns search in .yml files. And tried checking docker network inspect. But nothing resolves. Kindly help to solve this

7.1.3 of the Tutorial (page 188) v2.0.0 pdf

Trevor Lee Oakley <trevor@...>

I am working via the fabcar examples and I have an error; I can register the admin user and I get the wallet entry. But when I try and use node registerUser.js I get an error (below) - not a function. I did not change anything and the network is running, it has the CA working.

:~/fabric-samples/fabcar/javascript/wallet$ ll
total 12
drwxrwxr-x 2 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Feb 17 03:40 ./
drwxrwxr-x 4 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Feb 17 03:46 ../
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu    0 Feb 15 08:00 .gitkeep
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 1121 Feb 16 12:07 admin.id

~/fabric-samples/fabcar/javascript$ node registerUser.js
Wallet path: /home/ubuntu/fabric-samples/fabcar/javascript/wallet
Failed to register user "user1": TypeError: gateway.getClient is not a function

     const gateway = new Gateway();
        await gateway.connect(ccpPath, { wallet, identity: 'admin', discovery: { enabled: true, asLocalhost: true } });
        // Get the CA client object from the gateway for interacting with the CA.
        const client = gateway.getClient();
        const ca = client.getCertificateAuthority();
        const adminUser = await client.getUserContext('admin', false);

I get this for Gateway for a console.log -

Gateway {
  client: Client {
    type: 'Client',
    name: 'gateway client',
    mspid: null,
    _tls_mutual: {
      selfGenerated: true,
      clientKey: '-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----\r\n' +
        'MIGHAgEAMBMGByqGSM49AgEGCCqGSM49AwEHBG0wawIBAQQgZVYzMEW42hnKm2D5\r\n' +
        'LsjRAMK3iQG34lrB1oF3j6C/n06hRANCAAR6es5QJNc1WdgC9hVRyEnl/YHeYtk4\r\n' +
        'lexkh++nGRtspkmb0UIB/EY9E5LPh/SXEcbTZm6II81TZNdm3e3NASjO\r\n' +
        '-----END PRIVATE KEY-----\r\n',
      clientCert: '-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----\r\n' +
        'MIIBVTCB+6ADAgECAgEEMAoGCCqGSM49BAMCMBgxFjAUBgNVBAMMDWZhYnJpYy1j\r\n' +
        'b21tb24wIhgPMjAyMDAyMTcwMjMxMjhaGA8yMDIwMDIxNzIwMzQ0OFowGDEWMBQG\r\n' +
        'A1UEAwwNZmFicmljLWNvbW1vbjBZMBMGByqGSM49AgEGCCqGSM49AwEHA0IABHp6\r\n' +
        'zlAk1zVZ2AL2FVHISeX9gd5i2TiV7GSH76cZG2ymSZvRQgH8Rj0Tks+H9JcRxtNm\r\n' +
        'bogjzVNk12bd7c0BKM6jMjAwMAwGA1UdEwEB/wQCMAAwCwYDVR0PBAQDAgbAMBMG\r\n' +
        'A1UdJQQMMAoGCCsGAQUFBwMCMAoGCCqGSM49BAMCA0kAMEYCIQCQkeSzqt3LI747\r\n' +
        'NG7WWP9hNU+aVi82+XT1eyfbzjgriwIhAOnXOCVrAmQtpANJFXs/4sDbQ7ozQlBy\r\n' +
        'U4/YRulyQXUN\r\n' +
        '-----END CERTIFICATE-----\r\n'
    },
    endorsers: Map {},
    committers: Map {},
    channels: Map {},
    centralizedOptions: null
  },
  wallet: null,
  identityContext: IdentityContext {
    type: 'IdentityContext',
    client: Client {
      type: 'Client',
      name: 'gateway client',
      mspid: null,
      _tls_mutual: [Object],
      endorsers: Map {},
      committers: Map {},
      channels: Map {},
      centralizedOptions: null
    },
    user: User {
      type: 'User',
      _name: 'admin',
      _roles: null,
      _affiliation: '',
      _enrollmentSecret: '',
      _identity: [Identity],
      _signingIdentity: [SigningIdentity],
      _mspId: 'Org1MSP',
      _cryptoSuite: [CryptoSuite_ECDSA_AES]
    },
    name: 'admin',
    mspid: 'Org1MSP',
    transactionId: null,
    nonce: null
  },
  networks: Map {},
    query: { timeout: 30, strategy: [Function: MSPID_SCOPE_SINGLE] },
    transaction: {
      endorseTimeout: 30,
      commitTimeout: 300,
      strategy: [Function: MSPID_SCOPE_ALLFORTX]
    },
    discovery: { enabled: true, asLocalhost: true },
    wallet: Wallet {
      providerRegistry: [IdentityProviderRegistry],
      store: [FileSystemWalletStore]
    },
    identity: 'admin'
Failed to register user "user1": TypeError: gateway.getClient is not a function
ubuntu@ip-10-0-1-151:~/fabric-samples/fabcar/javascript$

Re: How does the client know which are the EPs?

Trevor Lee Oakley <trevor@...>

I think I have an answer - use EXTERNALENDPOINTS and the discovery service.

From: "Trevor Lee Oakley" <trevor@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: <fabric@...>
Date: Sun, Feb 16, 2020 10:17 PM

I understand the client sends the proposal to all endorsing peers, but how are these identified to the client?

I assume the client needs to query a service in the network to find out the EPs or hold a local copy of the EPs; then somehow identify how to reach them by a network identifier or address.

Trevor

How does the client know which are the EPs?

Trevor Lee Oakley <trevor@...>

I understand the client sends the proposal to all endorsing peers, but how are these identified to the client?

I assume the client needs to query a service in the network to find out the EPs or hold a local copy of the EPs; then somehow identify how to reach them by a network identifier or address.

Trevor

Re: How to error check for wrong Admin MSP certificate on network #fabric #docker #fabric-ca

Gari Singh <garis@...>

BatchSize actually falls under the Orderer group and not the Application group.
Therefore, you need a majority of the orderer admins to sign the config update.
Given you state this is a simple network, I'll assume you only have a single orderer org, so you just need to sign the config update using an orderer admin identity.

To: fabric@...
From: "Niklas Krohn"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 02/15/2020 09:43AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] How to error check for wrong Admin MSP certificate on network #fabric #docker #fabric-ca

Hi all,

I have the most simple fabric-network, and wanted to make a simple channel-config update of the batchsize (https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-1.4/config_update.html)

Everything is fine, until I want to post the modified config to the orderer/network, then I receive the following error inside CLI container, as peer0.org1 adm:

Orderer log:

So according to google-searches, I found this topic which states that there migth be two possible reasons (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57662562/when-i-try-to-create-a-channel-using-hyperledger-fabric-the-request-fails)
- the MSP ID that was passed as a parameter with the request was not recognized by the ordering service
- If you are updating an application channel, this error could occur if your organization is not yet a member of the channel you are trying to update

The Org1 is indeed part of the channel already, as it created and joined the channel with the bootstrap:

So then I expect the issue to be a mismatch between MSP-ID somewhere. The topic of certificates are somewhat new to me, can anybody guide me in direction of error checking this myself, which files should I compare to see what MSP-file is wrong?

This is the cert-file inside the CLI container for peer0.org1 admin:

This is the Admin-file on the host machine:

CA-related info for Org1:

This is the policy settings inside the channel-config block:

Thanks for any input that can help me compare the rigth certificates, to spot the wrong one and why it is wrong.

How to error check for wrong Admin MSP certificate on network #fabric #docker #fabric-ca

Niklas Krohn

[...]

Re: Performance Improvement: Max number of assets and max size of payload in single Transaction?

David Enyeart

On the other hand, large numbers of tiny transactions will not be as efficient due to the per-transaction overhead. It is quite typical to batch multiple writes into a single transaction (e.g. 100 at a time), especially upon initial ledger population. This provides a good balance between efficiency and keeping the transactions and blocks at reasonable sizes for distribution around the network. Some empirical trials will help you to find the sweet spot for your specific workload and data sizes.

Dave Enyeart

"Baohua Yang" ---02/14/2020 01:05:36 PM---Adhav The number of assets in a single transaction depends on several factors,

From: "Baohua Yang" <yangbaohua@...>
To: Adhav Pavan <adhavpavan@...>
Cc: Gari Singh <garis@...>, hyperledger-fabric <hyperledger-fabric@...>
Date: 02/14/2020 01:05 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Performance Improvement: Max number of assets and max size of payload in single Transaction?
Sent by: fabric@...

Adhav

The number of assets in a single transaction depends on several factors, e.g., the key-value size.

Putting many large data in one transaction may consume heavy CPU and memory at the peer, and hang other operations for a long time.

And large blocks are not efficient to distribute in the network.

This is a typical high-performance scenario, and assigning more hardware resource can accelerate the process.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:37 AM Gari Singh <garis@...> wrote:
    The maximum payload is ~100MB.  This is actually set at the transport protocol level and is not configurable.
    Given there is some additional overhead included in the Fabric protocol layer, you are looking at a max payload in terms of your keys/value of ~90MB (to be on the safe side).

    I'll assume that your chaincode is designed to insert multiple asset records for a single invoke.

    To: hyperledger-fabric <hyperledger-fabric@...>
    From: "Adhav Pavan"
    Sent by: fabric@...
    Date: 02/14/2020 04:48AM

    Hello Experts,

    I have some concerns about number of assets and size of the payload in a single transaction.

    1)  How big payload in terms of size, we can add in a single transaction in Hyperledger Fabric. I have millions of assets, ingesting into Fabric network. Maximum assets(Key-Value) can be added into the single transaction are 1000(Correct if I am wrong). Can we customize this number, so that a high number of an asset can be added in a single transaction?

    2) What is an efficient way to trigger a huge number of assets into the network?

    Currently, I could add only 100 assets in a single transaction.

    I am trying to improve performance in terms of TPS and latency. I have already added necessary indexes and composite key (Couch DB)

    Thank you.
     Heartfelt Regards,

    Pavan Adhav Blockchain Developer, Infinichains phone:  8390114357 email:  pavan@... ------
    Please excuse my brevity.

--
Best wishes!

Baohua Yang

To: hyperledger-fabric <hyperledger-fabric@...>
From: "Adhav Pavan"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 02/14/2020 04:48AM

[...]

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 02/14/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When:
Friday, 14 February 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Re: Error: failed to create deliver client

Marina Wanis <marinamaged1996@...>

Hi Faisal,

I copied the environment variable incomplete by mistake.

TLS_PARAMETERS=" --tls true --cafile $ORDERER_CA_ROOTFILE"

export ORDERER_CA_ROOTFILE=$PWD/crypto-config/ordererOrganizations/phone.com/orderers/orderer.phone.com/msp/tlscacerts/tlsca.phone.com-cert.pem

I’m still getting this error:

2020-02-14 19:10:28.886 +04 [main] InitCmd -> WARN 001 CORE_LOGGING_LEVEL is no longer supported, please use the FABRIC_LOGGING_SPEC environment variable

2020-02-14 19:10:28.888 +04 [main] SetOrdererEnv -> WARN 002 CORE_LOGGING_LEVEL is no longer supported, please use the FABRIC_LOGGING_SPEC environment variable

Error: failed to create deliver client: orderer client failed to connect to orderer.phone.com:7050: failed to create new connection: context deadline exceeded

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: "Adhav Pavan"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 02/14/2020 04:48AM

[...]

Adhav Pavan

[...]

------
Please excuse my brevity.

Re: Error: failed to create deliver client

Faisal

all the path to the file after the --cafile parameter your command should be include the tlsca.pem file

export TLS_PARAMETERS = --tls true --cafile /PATH/tlsca.phone.com-cert.pem

Error: failed to create deliver client

Marina Wanis <marinamaged1996@...>

Hi,

Does anyone know why am I getting this error when I try to create the channel with the command:
peer channel create -c phonechannel -f ./phonechannel.tx --outputBlock ./phonechannel.block -o $ORDERER_ADDRESS $TLS_PARAMETERS

The following is the environment variable $ORDERER_ADDRESS $TLS_PARAMETERS

/network$ echo $ORDERER_ADDRESS $TLS_PARAMETERS
orderer.phone.com:7050 --tls true –cafile

Error:
[cid:image002.png@...]

Is the problem in the TLS?

Thank you,
Marina

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 02/14/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When:
Friday, 14 February 2020
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Documentation Workgroup: Agenda for Friday, 14 Feb

Anthony O'Dowd <a_o-dowd@...>

Hello!

We will hold the documentation workgroup call this Friday, both Western and Eastern hemispheres.   Thanks to everyone who attended last week's call.

The summary minutes for last week's meeting: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Meetings

You can read all about the call at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+02+07+DWG+Agenda It included a V2 status update from Pam and Joe, a review of our new Chinese language docs, an overview of the new style guide from Joe, and the new deployment guide.

Specifically, we'd would like to express our thanks to Rich Zhao and his team on the release of the Chinese language docs - a great piece of work! You can check them out: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/zh_CN/release-1.4/

All-in-all, a great session last week. You can catch up via the recording: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Recordings

You'll see that there are lots of interesting items for this week: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+02+14+DWG+Agenda
Please feel free to contribute using the wiki, including helping to build next week's agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+02+21+DWG+Agenda

Thanks!