Date

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere - Fri, 01/31/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Eastern hemisphere

When:
Friday, 31 January 2020
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Documentation Workgroup: Agenda for Friday, 31 Jan

Anthony O'Dowd <a_o-dowd@...>

Hello!

We will hold the documentation workgroup call this Friday, both Western and Eastern hemispheres.  Thanks to everyone who attended last week's call.
The summary minutes for last week's meeting: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Meetings

You can read all about the call at https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+01+24+DWG+Agenda It included a V2 status update from Pam and Joe, an overview of the new Test network from Nik, and deployment guide from Pam. You can catch up via the recording: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Recordings

You'll see that there are lots of interesting items for this week: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+01+31+DWG+Agenda
Please feel free to contribute using the wiki.

You can also help build next week's agenda: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/2020+02+07+DWG+Agenda

Thanks!

Pam, Anthony,  Joe, Nik

Meeting Details
-------------
Please use the following link to attend the meeting:  https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

The meeting times are as follows: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Meeting 113A: Friday 31 Jan
                   1130 India Standard Time
                   1400 China Standard Time
                   1500 Japan Standard Time
                   1700 Australia Eastern Time
                   1400 Singapore Time
                   1000 Gulf Standard Time
                   0900 Moscow Standard Time
                   0600 Greenwich Mean Time
                   0700 Central European Time

Meeting 113B: Friday 31 Jan
              1000 Central Daylight Time
                   1100 Eastern Daylight Time
                   0800 Pacific Daylight Time
                   1300 Brasil Time (BRT)
                   1600 Greenwich Mean Time
                   1700 Central European Time
                   1800 Moscow Standard Time

Re: anyone able to iterate over records using getStateByRange?

Siddharth Jain

its the same code that we tried and it does not work even with the MAX_UNICODE_RUNE_VALUE key. we have filed a bug here

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date: Wed, Jan 29, 2020 9:24 PM

this method:

Note that startKey and endKey can be empty string, which implies unbounded range query on start or end.

is supposed to enable enumerating records in the database but when we tried it, it did not work. e.g.:

public async getAssets(ctx: Context): Promise<Asset[]> {
        const assets: Asset[] = [];
        const results = await ctx.stub.getStateByRange('', '');
        while (true) {
            let item = await results.next();
            if (item.done) {
                break;
            } else {
                let buffer = item.value.getValue();
                let asset = JSON.parse(buffer.buffer.toString()) as Asset;     // buffer.buffer returns many records not just once and the JSON.parse will fail
                assets.push(asset);
        await results.close();
        return assets;
    }

buffer.toString()
"ByteBufferNB(offset=22,markedOffset=-1,limit=386,capacity=1981)"

buffer.buffer.toString()
"
�
�
mycc00000�{"createdBy":"","id":"00000","lastModifiedBy":"","metadata":"","owner":"org2MSP"}
�
�
mycc00001�{"createdBy":"","id":"00001","lastModifiedBy":"","metadata":"","owner":"org1MSP"}
�
�
mycc00002�{"createdBy":"","id":"00002","lastModifiedBy":"","metadata":"","owner":"org1MSP"}
�
�
mycc00003�{"createdBy":"","id":"00003","lastModifiedBy":"","metadata":"","owner":"org1MSP"}
�
�
mycc00004�{"createdBy":"","id":"00004","lastModifiedBy":"","metadata":"","owner":"org1MSP"}$efc8d188-16ae-41e8-a024-7880a8d0bf31"

JSON.parse(buffer.buffer.toString())
SyntaxError: Unexpected token � in JSON at position 1

buffer.buffer.buffer.toString()
"[object ArrayBuffer]"
has anyone been able to use this method successfully?

Hyperledger DCI Survey

Gari Singh <garis@...>

At Hyperledger, "All are welcome here!" Having a community that has a culture of encouraging people to voice their diverse opinions is crucial for the long term success of the project.

Today we are launching a survey ( https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DCIWGsurvey ) to help us understand our community better.

We need to hear from you. Whether you are a frequent or occasional contributor, past or present we want to know more about you and your experiences here at Hyperledger.

Diversity, Civility, and Inclusion can cover many different community health issues. The DCI Working Group will be using this data to help guide our efforts over the coming year. We plan to release results from the survey at the Hyperledger Global Forum March 3-6.

Thanks for taking this survey. This one simple action is an important contribution you make to continue building a healthy open source community.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DCIWGsurvey

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hyperledger Fabric v2.0 is now available!

David Enyeart

The Hyperledger Fabric maintainers are pleased to announce the availability of Fabric v2.0!

Given this important milestone, Baohua Yang and I have written a blog to reflect on the evolution of Fabric and the significance of the new release:
https://www.hyperledger.org/blog/2020/01/30/welcome-hyperledger-fabric-2-0:-enterprise-dlt-for-production

As always, you can find additional details of release content in the What’s New documentation:
https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-2.0/whatsnew.html

Information about Fabric changes and upgrade considerations can be found in the release notes:
https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric/releases/tag/v2.0.0

Download Hyperledger Fabric v2.0 today and give the new test network in the fabric-samples repository a try:
https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-2.0/install.html

Concerning Fabric CA server, while the Fabric CA server remains a preferred and tested certificate authority for Hyperledger Fabric, a new major release of Fabric CA will not be released at this time, since none of the new Fabric features required Fabric CA changes. Fabric CA will remain at v1.4.x for the time being.

Thank you to everybody in the community that helped to make the Fabric v2.0 release possible!

The Hyperledger Fabric maintainers

Re: Peer communication during chaincode execution

Yacov

Look at my last commits from https://github.com/yacovm/fabric2/commits/p2p

There is a sample that uses this API to performa secure summation

From:        "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
To:        Yacov Manevich <YACOVM@...>
Cc:        fabric@..., hyperledger-fabric@...
Date:        01/30/2020 09:22 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Peer communication during chaincode execution

Could you show me more about those two new APIs, and where can I find all the related files related to Gossip protocol and Chaincode Shim API,
I would love to learn and may be have time to customize those methods too.
It is good to deep dive into the protocol level as a hyperleder developer, as now I am only a fresh hyperledger user.

Bests,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 8:17 AM Yacov Manevich <YACOVM@...> wrote:
Unfortunately Fabric doesn't have this feature yet... you can comment in the JIRA that it's needed for you, but I am skeptic that we'll have this feature anytime soon

If you are willing to use your own Fabric build with custom modifications, I can point you to a PoC that adds 2 methods to the chaincode shim API:

        P2PSend(payload []byte, to ... string)
        P2PRecv() (payload []byte, from string)

However, this PoC is experimental.

From:
"Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
To:
Yacov Manevich <YACOVM@...>
Cc:
hyperledger-fabric@...
Date:
01/30/2020 02:55 AM
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Peer communication during chaincode execution

My usecase is chaincode need to call external program, in the case of multiple peers, each peer could produce non-deterministic result and the invoke function will return Error: Could not assemble transaction. So all peers need to communicate with each other about the result and compute deterministic result so that the error will not happen.

This feature could open the possibility to avoid all peers just passively receiving the deterministic result from a client or central entity.
For sure the computation time will increase, because the more peers we have, the more communication need to be done just like gossip protocol. So it is a trade-off .
The good news is hyperledger is a permission blockchain, so the number of peers is limited depend on the use case, so some applications could be useful to have this feature.

Bests,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 6:14 AM Yacov Manevich <YACOVM@...> wrote:
See
https://jira.hyperledger.org/browse/FAB-11980

May I ask why do you need it? what's your use case?

From:
"Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
To:
hyperledger-fabric@...
Date:
01/29/2020 11:57 PM
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Peer communication during chaincode execution

Dear all,

I wonder is it possible for peers to pass message to each other on the channel during the chaincode execution in the context of chaincode developer level not the protocol level? Or we need to modify the gossip protocol it self.

Appreciate for answering the question.

Re: Customize chaincode docker image

Matthew White

Hello - my best guess would be that the chaincode is failing to call back to the peer to 'register'.

Usually capturing the docker logs of the chaincode really helps in cases like this.

Can I ask what your requirement is to customize the docker image? Just curious!

From: sanjaykumar3989@...
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Customize chaincode docker image
Date: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 5:46 AM

Hi,

I have created the customized image from hyperledger/fabric-javaenv:amd64-1.4.4. and used as CORE_CHAINCODE_JAVA_RUNTIME=sanjaykumar3989/myenv:amd64-1.4.4.

In this new image i am replacing build.sh and start file in location  /root/chaincode-java/.
The build.sh is running successfully as my jar is building but after that it exit with below msg:
Error: could not assemble transaction, err proposal response was not successful, error code 500, msg chaincode registration failed: container exited with 1

From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date: Wed, Jan 29, 2020 9:24 PM

this method:

[...]

Error when I start the peer node

Marina Wanis <marinamaged1996@...>

Hi,

Does any one know why am I getting the following error in the orderer logs, once I start the

Peer node?

Thank you,

Marina

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Peer communication during chaincode execution

Kimheng SOK

Hi,

From:        "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
To:        Yacov Manevich <YACOVM@...>
Cc:        hyperledger-fabric@...
Date:        01/30/2020 02:55 AM

[...]

From:
"Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
To:
hyperledger-fabric@...
Date:
01/29/2020 11:57 PM
Subject:

sanjaykumar3989@...

Hi,

I have created the customized image from hyperledger/fabric-javaenv:amd64-1.4.4. and used as CORE_CHAINCODE_JAVA_RUNTIME=sanjaykumar3989/myenv:amd64-1.4.4.

In this new image i am replacing build.sh and start file in location  /root/chaincode-java/.
The build.sh is running successfully as my jar is building but after that it exit with below msg:
Error: could not assemble transaction, err proposal response was not successful, error code 500, msg chaincode registration failed: container exited with 1

Re: Proposal : Hyperledger Fabric block archiving

nekia <atsushin@...>

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your confirmation. I could see the situation on my local by using byfn of fabric-samples on fabric v2.0.0-beta. (But I haven't understood yet how to decide which order delivers block to which peer).

If we can align the size of metadata on each orderer to a certain size regarding each block, I think we are still able to keep our assumption available yet.
Is it possible to estimate the size of SignatureHeader and Signature at most? If it's possible, by padding to the maximum size on each orderer, we can align the size of metadata of each block across orderers, I think.
If it's not possible, we need to consider going to the way of block-based (not blockfile-based) archiving logic.

Thanks,
Atsushi

From:        "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
To:        Yacov Manevich <YACOVM@...>
Cc:        hyperledger-fabric@...
Date:        01/30/2020 02:55 AM

[...]

From:
"Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
To:
hyperledger-fabric@...
Date:
01/29/2020 11:57 PM
Subject:

From:        "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
To:        hyperledger-fabric@...
Date:        01/29/2020 11:57 PM
Sent by:        fabric@...

Dear all,

I wonder is it possible for peers to pass message to each other on the channel during the chaincode execution in the context of chaincode developer level not the protocol level? Or we need to modify the gossip protocol it self.

Appreciate for answering the question.

Re: Issues w/ tutorial: Build Your First Network

Kimheng SOK

Why don't you use "byfn.sh" script to run the whole things, or you want to run it step by step.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 5:58 AM Salmon, Erika <esalmon@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m having issues in this tutorial and I’m not sure why or how to resolve it. I follow every step exactly but when in bash I enter the command:

#peer channel create -o orderer.example.com:7050 -c $CHANNEL_NAME -f ./channel-artifacts/channel.tx --tls --cafile /opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/peer/crypto/ordererOrganizations/example.com/orderers/orderer.example.com/msp/tlscacerts/tlsca.example.com-cert.pem

After I enter it, I get this error:

2020-01-29 22:46:13.000 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 001 Endorser and orderer connections initialized

2020-01-29 22:46:13.019 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 002 Expect block, but got status: &{NOT_FOUND}

2020-01-29 22:46:13.022 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 003 Endorser and orderer connections initialized

2020-01-29 22:46:13.452 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 004 Expect block, but got status: &{SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE}

2020-01-29 22:46:13.455 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 005 Endorser and orderer connections initialized

2020-01-29 22:46:13.656 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 006 Expect block, but got status: &{SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE}

2020-01-29 22:46:13.662 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 007 Endorser and orderer connections initialized

2020-01-29 22:46:13.863 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 008 Expect block, but got status: &{SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE}

2020-01-29 22:46:13.867 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 009 Endorser and orderer connections initialized

2020-01-29 22:46:14.069 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 00a Expect block, but got status: &{SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE}

2020-01-29 22:46:14.073 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 00b Endorser and orderer connections initialized

2020-01-29 22:46:14.275 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 00c Expect block, but got status: &{SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE}

2020-01-29 22:46:14.278 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 00d Endorser and orderer connections initialized

2020-01-29 22:46:14.480 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 00e Expect block, but got status: &{SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE}

2020-01-29 22:46:14.484 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 00f Endorser and orderer connections initialized

2020-01-29 22:46:14.687 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 010 Received block: 0

Could you please help me resolve this? I would like to continue with the tutorials but this error is preventing me from going forward.

Kind Regards,

Erika Salmon

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential. You must not use, disclose or act on the e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please let us know by contacting the sender and deleting the original e-mail. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation. Deloitte refers to a Deloitte member firm, one of its related entities, or Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”). Each Deloitte member firm is a separate legal entity and a member of DTTL. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more. Nothing in this e-mail, nor any related attachments or communications or services, have any capacity to bind any other entity under the ‘Deloitte’ network of member firms (including those operating in Australia).

Re: Issues w/ tutorial: Build Your First Network

email4tong@gmail.com

From:        "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
To:        hyperledger-fabric@...
Date:        01/29/2020 11:57 PM

esalmon@...

[...]

Re: Chaincode gets instantiated but not able to invoke or list it #fabric #fabric-chaincode

stefan.riembauer@...

Hey mrudav,

Did you make any progress on this? I am trying the same and it also fails at initializing the chaincode. On the worker node I can see that the chaincode container is started with a log message like "successfully started, sending signal to peer node". Also almost the exact configuration worked about a week ago with eks. Meanwhile I think that this could be a problem on the ami/docker/kubernetes-version which is used on eks... I purged my whole setup today and retried but still the same problem..

br
Stefan

Peer communication during chaincode execution

Kimheng SOK

Dear all,

I wonder is it possible for peers to pass message to each other on the channel during the chaincode execution in the context of chaincode developer level not the protocol level? Or we need to modify the gossip protocol it self.

Appreciate for answering the question.

3881 - 3900 of 11510