From: Yacov Manevich <YACOVM@...>
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 11:33 AM
To: Siddharth Jain <siddjain@...>
Cc: fabric@... <fabric@...>
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] CORE_PEER_ADDRESS vs CORE_PEER_LISTENADDRESS

What if your friend is abroad and you're calling his office phone, and he configured his office phone to redirect the call to his cellphone?

The listen address is the address the peer binds its socket. It can be 0.0.0.0 for instance.

The peer address is an address that the peer publishes to other peers in its organization via gossip.

Imagine that you have a VM and inside the VM you have a docker container that runs the peer.
The address of the docker container is 172.20.0.2 so you'd want to bind to this address.

However, other peers cannot reach your docker container via this address, and they need to use the VM's IP which can be like 10.0.0.2

So you'd want to configure your peer address to be the VM's external address and have a port forwarding rule.

From:        "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
To:        "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date:        01/27/2020 09:27 PM
Sent by:        fabric@...

from the docs w.r.t. CORE_PEER_ADDRESS it is said that this represents the endpoint to other peers in the same organization.

and CORE_PEER_LISTENADDRESS is The Address at local network interface this Peer will listen on.

So why would anyone want to set these two differently? If my friend's actual phone number is 123-456-7890 (the CORE_PEER_LISTENADDRESS) and the number I have in my phone book is 234-567-8901 (the CORE_PEER_ADDRESS) then there is bound to be a problem when I try to call my friend. So why does Fabric open up this possibility?

Re: CORE_PEER_ADDRESS vs CORE_PEER_LISTENADDRESS

Yacov

From:        "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
To:        "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date:        01/27/2020 09:27 PM
Sent by:        fabric@...

from the docs w.r.t. CORE_PEER_ADDRESS it is said that this represents the endpoint to other peers in the same organization.

and CORE_PEER_LISTENADDRESS is The Address at local network interface this Peer will listen on.

So why would anyone want to set these two differently? If my friend's actual phone number is 123-456-7890 (the CORE_PEER_LISTENADDRESS) and the number I have in my phone book is 234-567-8901 (the CORE_PEER_ADDRESS) then there is bound to be a problem when I try to call my friend. So why does Fabric open up this possibility?

CORE_PEER_ADDRESS vs CORE_PEER_LISTENADDRESS

Siddharth Jain

from the docs w.r.t. CORE_PEER_ADDRESS it is said that this represents the endpoint to other peers in the same organization.

and CORE_PEER_LISTENADDRESS is The Address at local network interface this Peer will listen on.

So why would anyone want to set these two differently? If my friend's actual phone number is 123-456-7890 (the CORE_PEER_LISTENADDRESS) and the number I have in my phone book is 234-567-8901 (the CORE_PEER_ADDRESS) then there is bound to be a problem when I try to call my friend. So why does Fabric open up this possibility?

Re: #fabric #fabric-kubernetes #hyperledger-fabric #fabric #fabric-kubernetes #hyperledger-fabric

Nicholas Leonardi

You can start by having a look at this generic network.

Em segunda-feira, 27 de janeiro de 2020 10:34:01 BRT, <jquesada@...> escreveu:

Hi, can someone point me to more information on the resources we could need for a Hyperledger Fabric production deployment? The idea is to start with 3 organizations using on premise hardware. We are looking to use 9 peers total, and 5 orderer nodes. We have used docker containers on one machine so far for our development environment, but we are looking into using Helm with Kubernetes. We are expecting a low volume of transactions so far, maybe 5-10 tps to start, but we want to be ready to scale in the future. Any insight on the hardware we may need for a production environment will be really appreciated. Thank you.

#fabric #fabric-kubernetes #hyperledger-fabric #fabric #fabric-kubernetes #hyperledger-fabric

jquesada@...

Hi, can someone point me to more information on the resources we could need for a Hyperledger Fabric production deployment? The idea is to start with 3 organizations using on premise hardware. We are looking to use 9 peers total, and 5 orderer nodes. We have used docker containers on one machine so far for our development environment, but we are looking into using Helm with Kubernetes. We are expecting a low volume of transactions so far, maybe 5-10 tps to start, but we want to be ready to scale in the future. Any insight on the hardware we may need for a production environment will be really appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Is HLF a DLT or a blockchain?

Nye Liu <nye@...>

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020, 7:45 PM Trevor Lee Oakley <trevor@...> wrote:

I see conflicting references to this. The docs refer to a DLT and also a blockchain. In 4.5.1 of the docs it states it is a blockchain but in other parts it states it is a DLT. I have seen countless references to both.

Is there any official statement from the Linux Foundation about this?

Trevor

Re: Is HLF a DLT or a blockchain?

greg m

‘Altar of Proof of Work’ seems to be the biggest sticking point for all the definitions and it echoes “bitcoin maximalism”. In my mind, Linux Foundation, have made so much investment into the blockchain phenomenon, that for the member companies there is no going back even if they end up not calling it DLT, but something else – a sign of changing DT environments.

My 2 cents and not meant to start a flame.

Thank you, greg

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From:        "Siddharth Jain" <siddjain@...>
To:        "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Date:        01/24/2020 07:31 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] what is the difference between system channel and application channel?
Sent by:        fabric@...

Hello

Is there any document explaining what is the difference between system channel and application channel in Fabric?

Sid

what is the difference between system channel and application channel?

Siddharth Jain

Hello

Is there any document explaining what is the difference between system channel and application channel in Fabric?

Sid

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere - Fri, 01/24/2020 #cal-notice

Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

When:
Friday, 24 January 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/6223336701

Organizer:
a_o-dowd@... +441962816761

Documentation workgroup call.
Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

Re: Chaincode Upgrade Docker Container Environment

Kimheng SOK

Thank you

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 10:36 PM Brett T Logan <Brett.T.Logan@...> wrote:
In core.yaml you can specify your own chaincode runtime image for golang, Java or Node. So you can extend the image to include your tools, publish the image to a Docker registry and then use that as the runtime in your core.yaml:

From: "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: hyperledger-fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Chaincode Upgrade Docker Container Environment
Date: Fri, Jan 24, 2020 10:17 AM

Dear all,

I have one question, each time we upgrade our chaincode a new docker container is created.
But the problem is it doesn't inherit all the environment of the old version docker, from example if we install some program in the chaincode docker container, when we upgrade chaincode we need to install those program again in the new chaincode container.

Is there a solution, so that we don't need to re-install the program again and again when we upgrade our chaincode?

Bests,

Re: Chaincode Upgrade Docker Container Environment

Brett T Logan <brett.t.logan@...>

From: "Kimheng SOK" <sok.kimheng@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: hyperledger-fabric@...
Date: Fri, Jan 24, 2020 10:17 AM

Dear all,

[...]

Re: Error while trying to launch the chaincode as a standalone process

Yacov

Clients need to connect to the peer with port 7051
Chaincodes connect to the peer with port 7052

So when you install the chaincode, use port 7051

From:        "Marina Wanis" <marinamaged1996@...>
To:        Yacov Manevich <YACOVM@...>
Cc:        "hyperledger-fabric@..." <hyperledger-fabric@...>
Date:        01/24/2020 03:31 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Error while trying to launch the chaincode as a standalone process
Sent by:        fabric@...

Hi Yacov,

I’m not getting an error when I try to launch the chaincode anymore but now when I install the chaincode I get the following error. I made sure that the port is 7052. By setting up the environment variable : export CORE_PEER_ADDRESS="localhost:7052"

The error that I get when I install the chaincode is:-
Error: Error endorsing chaincode: rpc error: code = Unimplemented desc = unknown
service protos.Endorser

Thanks,
Marina

Sent from Mailfor Windows 10

From:        "Marina Wanis" <marinamaged1996@...>
To:        "hyperledger-fabric@..." <hyperledger-fabric@...>
Date:        01/24/2020 08:53 AM

[...]

yashukla47@...

I have a question.

Can orderers read all the transactions passing through them even from the channels of which their organization is not a part of

If yes, then is there any solution to implement complete decentralization (by having one orderer per organization) + Privacy among the members of the channel. except for using private data.

3921 - 3940 of 11518