Date

Downtime for updates of WIKI & JIRA

Tim Johnson <tijohnson@...>

The update of JIRA (jira.hyperledger.org) has been completed.

The update of WIKI (wiki.hyperledger.org) is still underway. We expect
to be complete within the hour.

Tim

Re: core.yaml

Joe Alewine <joe.alewine@...>

In networks with multiple organizations (which should be every network), every organization should own its own peers. Often each organization will own several peers.

Regards,

Joe Alewine
IBM Blockchain, Raleigh

rocket chat: joe-alewine
slack: joe.alewine

From: "Marina Wanis" <marinamaged1996@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "hyperledger-fabric@..." <hyperledger-fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] core.yaml
Date: Wed, Jan 22, 2020 1:07 AM

Hi,

I was trying to setup the peer configuration in core.yaml, does anyone have a code for core.yaml with multiple organizations? I wanted to take a look at a sample of the code in core.yaml with multiple organizations and each organization have at least one peer.

Thank you,

Marina

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Channel Policy

Jason Yellick <jyellick@...>

Your orderer processes must always satisfy the /Channel/Writers policy (or they will not be able to process config updates and channel creation transactions).  Based on the below, it looks like your policy restriction is excluding them.  Most likely, what you really want to modify is the /Channel/Application/Readers policy (in the Application section of your configtx.yaml), this will allow you to specify the subset of application orgs you wish to be able to submit transactions.

~Jason

From: "Marina Wanis" <marinamaged1996@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: "hyperledger-fabric@..." <hyperledger-fabric@...>
Date: Wed, Jan 22, 2020 1:07 AM

Hi,

I was trying to setup the peer configuration in core.yaml, does anyone have a code for core.yaml with multiple organizations? I wanted to take a look at a sample of the code in core.yaml with multiple organizations and each organization have at least one peer.

Thank you,

Marina

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Got Error While Committing Block Connection Reset by Peer #fabric #couchdb #network

Faisal

This is the 2nd time the peer has crashed due to this error. Nework is on HLF 1.4.2 and the logs are attached in the file. Have anyone faced the same issue before or any ideas on resolving it? I have seen that this is common issue in GO as there are many questions posted on stackoverflow and issues opened on github related to it.

Thank you.

Re: core.yaml

Howin Ho

Hi Marina,

I have a working example in github. You are welcome to take a look and feedback comments.
https://github.com/hohowin/my-fabric

Cheers,

Howin.

core.yaml

Marina Wanis <marinamaged1996@...>

Hi,

I was trying to setup the peer configuration in core.yaml, does anyone have a code for core.yaml with multiple organizations? I wanted to take a look at a sample of the code in core.yaml with multiple organizations and each organization have at least one peer.

Thank you,

Marina

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: [Hyperledger TSC] [Hyperledger Technical WG China] [i18n] Status report on translation of Fabric docs

Yang Cheng

Hi, Sara!

I agree with you, Transifex has good features like manage updates, but it's really inefficient, we have tried transifex for months and amlost finished Fabric 2.0 alpha translation, by the end we changed back to Github.

Let's work togethor and find a better way for translating. Keep connecting and if you have any idea please share with us.

And there is a i18n(https://chat.hyperledger.org/channel/i18n) channel in hyperledger chat, welcome to join the channel and discuss with us.

--
程阳
Yang Cheng

At 2020-01-20 17:36:14, "Sara Garifullina" <garifullina@...> wrote:

Hello everyone!

In Iroha, we were also trying to figure out a new way of translating our docs – we used POEditor before but it is so bad when it comes to automation.
Ry helped us with getting access to Transifex. I believe its best feature when comparing to manual translation is that the files can be easily updated automatically. Although I agree on your points for sure, it is a tricky tool.
Anyway, we might be writing some sort of a script anyway to compare the current docs with translations at some point – maybe we could combine our efforts somehow? We do not have much resources right now but still. Let's connect and share ideas!

Sara Garifullina,
Community manager at Soramitsu
Contact me: garifullina@...

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 7:07 AM Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...> wrote:
This has gone without a reply since it was posted so I thought I would add one,

It's terrific to see this energy for expanding the global footprint for Fabric! And for taking such a well researched and thoughtful approach to figuring out how to support the needs of translators efficiently. And your recommendations on bold at the bottom make sense for me. Thank you for writing up the recommendations and the rationale, that is valuable for future teams looking at this. An additional repo makes a ton of sense. I am sure here are good techniques to correlate updates to core docs to a need for updating their translated equivalents.

So far, the TSC seems like it has been happy leaving these questions up to individual projects rather than setting a site-wide standard. But the TSC and others in the community might still want to weigh in on this, and if it looks good, consider adopting it as a common standard across projects, so that it's even easier for volunteers for translations on any project to know how and where to plug in.

One last question: would it make sense for translation bundles for in-app localizations to be done in this -i18n repo, or to be done in the main code repo? I'm guessing the former so that a distribution can easily bundle them all together, and they change much less frequently, but I believe they are as important as translated docs (for projects that use them) to highlight to volunteers.

Again, thanks!

Brian

On January 13, 2020 2:57:48 PM GMT+08:00, Yang Cheng <great_cy_ang@...> wrote:
Dear Hyperledger community,

We are a small group of volunteers that have been translating Fabric docs to Chinese since 2018. We’d like to share our current status and rationale behinds some decisions for your reference.

Tool selection

We initially started off using github, since it’s familiar to most of developers, and other projects like k8s have been doing the same. The workflow roughly looks like this:

Admins:
1.create branches in `hyperledger-labs/fabric-docs-cn` following Fabric release tags, for example `1.4.2_zh-CN`
2.populated Github issues with untranslated docs
3.assign issues to translators upon request
4.review pull request
5.readthedocs is updated automatically upon successful merge
6.periodically pull in updates from Fabric docs in the form of new issues

Translators:
1.browse Github issues looking for unassigned issues
2.assign issue by commenting on it
3.translate and submit pull request

This workflow had served us well for a small group of contributors. Later on, translation tools, in particular Zanata and Transifex, were proposed by community members, and we decided to give them a try. However, several major drawbacks of Transifex were observed after months of trial:

1.slow access in this region, resulting in bad user experience
2.intermediate files (.po) loses annotations during conversion, resulting in bad formats
3.no commit sign-off when eventually pushed to github

Therefore, we went back to Github. However, this does not mean we rule out the option of using professional tool, which obviously has its own advantages. Our current focus is to get things done and keep handful of contributors happy. When the time comes that Github becomes bottleneck (either due to increase of volunteers, or number of languages being translated to), we are definitely open for reassessment of tooling.

Location of translated docs

It was proposed to separate docs from Fabric code repo, which can co-exist with translations, similar to k8s [1]. Although the proposal was turned down for solid reasons, and we are happily informed that readthedocs actually supports multiple Github repo setup [2]. This is so far the least invasive option to incorporate non-English docs into main site.

We do not think putting translated docs into Fabric core repo is a good idea, even with fine-grained maintainer-ship in place. The PR page would be overwhelmed by foreign characters and we are no longer able to track tasks with Github issues. Besides, it doesn’t really buy us anything beyond one less repo.

To avoid creating new repo for each language that people are interested in translation, we could also setup a repo `Fabric-i18n` containing them as separate directories, e.g. `zh`, `es`, `de`, etc.

This is how things get done today and we definitely welcome any suggestion and feedback. As the number of volunteers and languages grow, we believe a standardized process will emerge.

Thank you,
Cheng Yang

[2] here’s a demonstration website to show how to incorporate multiple github repo into one readthedocs site https://stone-fabric.readthedocs.io/zh/release-1.4_zh-cn/

--
程阳
Yang Cheng

Re: [Hyperledger Technical WG China] [i18n] Status report on translation of Fabric docs

Yang Cheng

Hi, Brain,

Thanks for your replay, for now our translating work is mainly for fabric project and Chinese language, and just a dozen translators, so that the workflow is good for us now. We are also looking for a way adopting different projects and manage the updates conveniently, because we also want to translate the docs of other projects like Indy. We have learned the workflow of kubernetes, they also use github for translating jobs, they made scripts to generate github issues automatically, and developed a slack robot to manage the issues. We want to use the same workflow, but Fabric is different with kubernetes, the docs are separated from code repo and showed in a website they developed, not readthedocs. So we have to find other ways and tools, maybe we also have to develop some tools for this job. We will not use Transifex because it is really inefficient for us, translate with text editor and manage the translations with github is more efficient, we will keeping using github for translating until find a better way.

Now, what we want is :

1. Show the Chinese translations in the official docs page, so that more developers would see the translations, and may attract more translators.

2. Create a new repo in github named “fabric-i18n” or “hyperledger-i18n”, so we can put the docs of different projects into the same repo, like sdk, fabric-ca, Indy projects not only Fabric.

About in-app localization, we won’t do it right now, it is much complex we should change many codes in Fabric, and actually most developers are used to English output, so the translation is not necessary now.

Yours,

Cheng Yang

--
程阳
Yang Cheng

At 2020-01-17 12:07:40, "Brian Behlendorf" <bbehlendorf@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: Fabric token status and roadmap #fabric

Brian Behlendorf <bbehlendorf@...>

Brian

On 1/21/20 6:40 AM, Pancham Singh wrote:
What is plan for Fabric token which was introduced in 2.0 alpha and later removed?

I could not find mention of it in fabric development roadmap

Will appreciate information on what are the next steps on Fabric Token and how can I contribute.

How to correctly access current identity public key cert in node.js SDK #fabric-sdk-node

Mike Harding

Hi,

I wish to access the public key certificate of the current user prior to invoking a chaincode transaction in my client application.

At present to access the identity I do the following using the Node SDK:
const adminIdentity = gateway.getCurrentIdentity();
const id = adminIdentity.getIdentity();
From here I'd assume a function e.g. id.getCertificate() or id.getPublicKey() to be available but this is not the case based on the documentation.

From exploring the object I see I can do something like id._publicKey._key.pubKeyHex. But this doesn't seem right to me?

Any clarification would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Mike

Fabric token status and roadmap #fabric

Pancham Singh <pksingh8878@...>

What is plan for Fabric token which was introduced in 2.0 alpha and later removed?

I could not find mention of it in fabric development roadmap

Will appreciate information on what are the next steps on Fabric Token and how can I contribute.

Thanks

Re: Editing/deleting world state in blockchain.

David Enyeart

See prior related answer:
https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/fabric/message/4896

You can use private data collections to keep certain data private to a set of organizations or even a single organization, and then share it on a need-to-know basis. The private data is only available on authorized peers. Only hashes of the private data remain on the channel ledger (and in state databases), which can later be used to verify the private data. The patterns mentioned here should help you understand the possibilities: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/private-data/private-data.html#sharing-private-data.

Dave Enyeart

"qwert limframe" ---01/20/2020 12:24:42 AM---I know that blockchain is tamper-proof and that World state stores the most recent state of a transa

From: "qwert limframe" <qwertlimframe@...>
To: hyperledger-fabric@...
Date: 01/20/2020 12:24 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Editing/deleting world state in blockchain.
Sent by: fabric@...

I know that blockchain is tamper-proof and that World state stores the most recent state of a transaction.

But the World state ledger can be deleted/edited. So, what if instead of tampering the blockchain ledger we directly tamper the world state.

And also, is the world state visible to everyone on the network? If yes, then anyone can know the amount of money that is in my wallet, how is this not a security concern.

Fw: Next Hyperledger Fabric Application Developer Community call - this Thursday, Jan 23rd @ 4pm UTC (4pm UK) - 11am ET, 8am PT

Paul O'Mahoney <mahoney@...>

dear Fabric Application Developer,

the next  Fabric Application Developer community call is scheduled for this  Thursday Jan 23rd @ 4pm UTC (4pm UK) - 11am ET (-5 hrs), 8am PT(-8 hrs) - see time zones.   It lasts approx 30-60 mins FYI.

The agenda  is here -> https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Meeting+Agendas%3A+Fabric+Application+Developer+Community+Call

This community call is held bi-weekly via Zoom webconference and is aimed at :

- helping the worldwide Hyperledger Fabric Application Developer community grow (eg. developing applications, smart contracts,  developing application clients, using the SDKs, tutorials/demos etc -  NodeJS/TypeScript, Java, Go etc etc)
- helping App developers understand / hear more about exciting new things in Fabric, eg. features upcoming or work in progress - ie things that appeal to the developer
- foster more interest, best practices etc in developing applications (eg developing solutions, use cases) with Hyperledger Fabric.
- opportunity to ask questions of the Fabric team eg. you may have feedback/questions on your experiences developing solutions with Fabric
- to share stuff you've done with the community, eg sample code / sample use cases that others may be interested in

If you wish to share content on a call, just let me know via email direct or DM me on Rocketchat (ID: mahoney1) and I'll put an item on the agenda. Provide the following:
- the topic (state whether its presentation, or demo etc)
- the full name of the presenter, and
- approx length of your pitch in minutes

The Zoom webconference ID is https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

More information can be found on the community page -> https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Fabric+Application+Developer+Community+Calls

You can get calendar invites (eg iCal) here

many thanks for your time - feel free to forward this email if you think it is of interest to a colleague.

Paul O'Mahony
Community Lead - Hyperledger Fabric Developer Community
RocketChat:  mahoney1

mahoney@...

Re: Which languages are supported for chaincode? Contradictory docs

Parthiban Selvaraj

Hi Trevor,

At present fabric supports GO, JAVA and all JavaScript frameworks (typescript, JavaScript and node.js) as a chaincode language. Following SDKs are officially supported JAVA and Node.js. GO and Python SDKs are also supported unofficially.

Fabric platform was built in such way that it can take any general purpose programming language as it is chaincode programming languages.  Issue with general purpose programming languages are the Non-deterministic nature. With help of fabric architecture (execute - order - validate) we can avoid them.

Thanks and Regards
Parthiban Selvaraj

On Mon, 20 Jan, 2020, 10:58 AM Trevor Lee Oakley, <trevor@...> wrote:
What languages are supported for chaincode and also SDK implementations?

I saw the online docs state just Java and Nodejs are supported. The pdf states -

Chaincode can be implemented in several programming languages. Currently, Go and Node are supported.

Trevor

Which languages are supported for chaincode? Contradictory docs

Trevor Lee Oakley <trevor@...>

What languages are supported for chaincode and also SDK implementations?

I saw the online docs state just Java and Nodejs are supported. The pdf states -

Chaincode can be implemented in several programming languages. Currently, Go and Node are supported.

Trevor

Editing/deleting world state in blockchain.

qwert limframe

I know that blockchain is tamper-proof and that World state stores the most recent state of a transaction.

But the World state ledger can be deleted/edited. So, what if instead of tampering the blockchain ledger we directly tamper the world state.

And also, is the world state visible to everyone on the network? If yes, then anyone can know the amount of money that is in my wallet, how is this not a security concern.

Re: Consenter error after docker images update

Jay Guo

it seems that requests are submitted too quickly, before `allarewelcome` channel completes its start phase. Could you try inject a sleep before failed operation and try again?

- J

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 1:22 AM Niklas Krohn <niklas.krohn1@...> wrote:
Hi all,

So to describe the situation: This is just the basic starterFiles-network based on BYFN. I set up a simple script deploying the network, and it all worked fine 7 days ago. However, in the meantime I updated all docker images on the computer and now when I run the bootstrap script, it fails halfway in it.

I read about the issue here - https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/release-1.1/ordering-service-faq.html, but it seems like kafka-nodes and zookeeper-nodes are fine? Issue seems to be between orderer and peers?

I suspect there might be two possible explanations:
- I updated the docker images today, then there is something that needs to be some adjustments to orderer config? I believe this maybe due to the fact that everything worked fine 7 days ago before I updated all images.
- There are some mixups between the ports that the docker containers use?

The error messages are easy to locate in orderer and peer logs below, in addition to last line in bootstrap-script. However, I do struggle to find the way to a solution. I obviously already tried to teardown the network, restart computer and recreated new crypto material and re-start the network, with same error message.

Appreciate all hints in the right direction. Thank you!

Network-overview:

network-overview.png

Bootstrap script with error message - the script stops at last line, when it tries to install chaincode on peer1, after successfully doing it on peer0:

bootstrap.png

Orderer log:

orderer.png

Peer0.org1 log:

peer0org1a.png
peer0org1b.png

Peer1.org1 logs:

peer1.org1.png

Kafka node log:

kafka.png

Zookeeper node log:

zookeeper.png

Ports overview:

ports1.png
ports2.png

orderer info from docker-compose.yml:

orderer-yaml.png

peer0 info from docker-compose.yml:

peer0-yaml.png

peer1 info from docker-compose.yml:

peer1-yaml.png

Re: Consenter error after docker images update

Niklas Krohn <niklas.krohn1@...>

If I switch orderer mode back to Solo instead of Kafka, the same error appear again. So, I suspect this has nothing to do with kafka-configuration, but maybe something between the ports between peer0.org1, peer1.org1 and the orderer node?

Network overview after switching back to Solo, and re-starting the whole network:

docker network.png

Peer0.org1 log:

peer0org1log1.png
peer0.org1log2.png

[...]