Date

CA Keys

Trevor Lee Oakley <trevor@...>

If keys are generated by the CA then what is the best way to distribute these keys?

Thanks
Trevor

Regarding Fabric Raft Ordering Service #raft #tsc-project-update

Akshay Soni

I'm able to create the channel. But while joining the channel, I'm getting the error given below:

[2019-10-24 09:34:38.049] [DEBUG] Join-Channel - Join Channel R E S P O N S E : [ [ { "status": 500, "payload": { "type": "Buffer", "data": [] }, "peer": { "url": "grpcs://104.211.89.242:51018", "name": "oodjaeuen108-peer0.swap.com", "options": { "grpc.max_receive_message_length": -1, "grpc.max_send_message_length": -1, "grpc.keepalive_time_ms": 120000, "grpc.http2.min_time_between_pings_ms": 120000, "grpc.keepalive_timeout_ms": 20000, "grpc.http2.max_pings_without_data": 0, "grpc.keepalive_permit_without_calls": 1, "name": "oodjaeuen108-peer0.swap.com", "grpc.ssl_target_name_override": "oodjaeuen108-peer0.swap.com", "grpc.default_authority": "oodjaeuen108-peer0.swap.com" } }, "isProposalResponse": true } ] ] [2019-10-24 09:34:38.050] [ERROR] Join-Channel - Failed to joined peer to the channel swapchannel [2019-10-24 09:34:38.050] [ERROR] Join-Channel - Failed to join all peers to channel. cause:Failed to joined peer to the channel swapchannel

And the peer logs:

2019-10-24 09:34:38.045 UTC [endorser] callChaincode -> INFO 022 [][b8e9f45a] Entry chaincode: name:"cscc"

2019-10-24 09:34:38.048 UTC [endorser] callChaincode -> INFO 023 [][b8e9f45a] Exit chaincode: name:"cscc"  (2ms)

2019-10-24 09:34:38.048 UTC [endorser] ProcessProposal -> ERRO 024 [][b8e9f45a] simulateProposal() resulted in chaincode name:"cscc"  response status 500 for txid: b8e9f45ab01d86a76e9f6427ec0da4fb2dc940e4f6b060a0c49c294a32efcb73

2019-10-24 09:34:38.048 UTC [comm.grpc.server] 1 -> INFO 025 unary call completed grpc.service=protos.Endorser grpc.method=ProcessProposal grpc.peer_address=104.211.89.242:48362 grpc.code=OK grpc.call_duration=4.193058ms

PFA for all the configuration file along with genesis.block and channel.tx

Re: Persisting world state

Mr.Phuwanai Thummavet

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 11:27 PM Abhijeet Bhowmik <abhijeet@...> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have some confusions regarding how state ledgers  are persisted across multiple ledgers. I have an intuition that every org's peers have a copy of the ledger from where they generate read set and write set and also validate commitment of transactions to ledger. My big confusion is, who has the master copy. I mean what if one complete non endorsing peer was down for sometime and then it rejoins, from where does it syncs it's ledger since a lot must have happened in the block chain since it's shut down.

Thanks and Regards
Abhijeet Bhomwik

Phuwanai Thummavet
Blockchain Architect and Full-Stack Developer

Re: Persisting world state

Ben Taylor

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 9:27 AM Abhijeet Bhowmik <abhijeet@...> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have some confusions regarding how state ledgers  are persisted across multiple ledgers. I have an intuition that every org's peers have a copy of the ledger from where they generate read set and write set and also validate commitment of transactions to ledger. My big confusion is, who has the master copy. I mean what if one complete non endorsing peer was down for sometime and then it rejoins, from where does it syncs it's ledger since a lot must have happened in the block chain since it's shut down.

Thanks and Regards
Abhijeet Bhomwik

Persisting world state

Abhijeet Bhowmik <abhijeet@...>

Hello Everyone,

I have some confusions regarding how state ledgers  are persisted across multiple ledgers. I have an intuition that every org's peers have a copy of the ledger from where they generate read set and write set and also validate commitment of transactions to ledger. My big confusion is, who has the master copy. I mean what if one complete non endorsing peer was down for sometime and then it rejoins, from where does it syncs it's ledger since a lot must have happened in the block chain since it's shut down.

Thanks and Regards
Abhijeet Bhomwik

Next Hyperledger Fabric Application Developer Community call - Thursday Oct 31st @ 4pm UTC (4pm UK, 11am ET, 8am PT)

Paul O'Mahoney <mahoney@...>

dear Fabric Application Developer,

the next  Fabric Application Developer community call is scheduled for this  Thursday Oct 31st @ 4pm UTC (4pm UK, 11am ET, 8am PT) It lasts approx 30-60 mins FYI. Note: it is now begins one hour earlier.

The agenda will be posted here -> https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Meeting+Agendas%3A+Fabric+Application+Developer+Community+Call

This community call is held bi-weekly via Zoom webconference and is aimed at :

- helping the worldwide Hyperledger Fabric Application Developer community grow in their development journey (eg. developing applications, smart contracts, chaincode, developing clients, using the SDK, tutorials/demos etc - eg. whether its NodeJS, Java, Go etc etc)
- helping app developers understand / hear more about exciting new things in Fabric, eg. features upcoming or work in progress - ie things that appeal to the developer
- to foster more interest, best practices etc in developing applications (eg developing solutions, use cases) with Hyperledger Fabric.
- opportunity to ask questions of the Fabric team eg. you may have feedback/questions on your experiences developing solutions with Fabric
- to share stuff you've done with the community, eg sample code / sample use cases that others may be interested in

If you wish to share content on a call, just let me know via email direct or DM me on Rocketchat (ID: mahoney1) and I'll put an item on the agenda. Provide the following:
- the topic (state whether its presentation, or demo etc)
- the full name of the presenter, and
- approx length of your pitch in minutes

The Zoom webconference ID is https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community

More information can be found on the community page -> https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Fabric+Application+Developer+Community+Calls

You can get calendar invites (eg iCal) here

many thanks for your time - feel free to forward this email if you think it is of interest to a colleague.

Paul O'Mahony
Community Lead - Hyperledger Fabric Developer Community
RocketChat:  mahoney1

mahoney@...

Re: Hyperledger Fabric release v2.0 update

Xiang Dong Hu <huxd@...>

Hi Dave,

One quick question, does the support for " external chaincode " include support to run chaincode as a remote grpc server?

Hu Xiang Dong (胡香冬)
IBM Blockchain Platform development
China Systems Lab
Email: huxd@...

From: "White, Spencer (S.)"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 10/25/2019 10:09AM
Cc: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Second Channel

Is the system channel always the first channel that you create/define? And this would mean I need to follow a similar path as the adding org to existing channel i.e. getting the channel config, adding yaml file with new consortium definition, creating protobuf, signing and then running peer channel update? It seems weird to run peer channel update in a channel so I can create another channel with a consortium separate from it.

Spencer

From: "White, Spencer (S.)" <swhit210@...>
Date: 10/25/2019 09:26AM
Cc: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>

It is definitely not. I am attempting to create a second channel with a different consortium in a network that has already been spun up with a channel and consortium.

Spencer

From: "White, Spencer (S.)"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 10/24/2019 02:05PM

My apologies, the below error:

Error: got unexpected status: BAD_REQUEST -- Unknown consortium name: LoanchainConsortium

Spencer

From: "White, Spencer (S.)" <swhit210@...>
Date: 10/25/2019 09:26AM
Cc: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>

 To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
 From: "White, Spencer (S.)"
 Sent by: fabric@...
 Date: 10/24/2019 02:05PM

  My apologies, the below error:

   Error: got unexpected status: BAD_REQUEST -- Unknown consortium name: LoanchainConsortium

  Spencer

  I am attempting to create a second channel after my test network has already been up and running for awhile. Is it possible to do this? I am encountering the below error and the few comments available suggest spinning my network down and removing volumes.  I  would prefer to avoid that if possible.

    Error: got unexpected status: BAD_REQUEST -- Unknown consortium name: LoanchainConsortium

  Sincerely,

  Spencer

Re: Second Channel

White, Spencer (S.)

 To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
 From: "White, Spencer (S.)"
 Sent by: fabric@...
 Date: 10/24/2019 02:05PM

To: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>
From: "White, Spencer (S.)"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 10/24/2019 02:05PM

My apologies, the below error:

Error: got unexpected status: BAD_REQUEST -- Unknown consortium name: LoanchainConsortium

Spencer

I am attempting to create a second channel after my test network has already been up and running for awhile. Is it possible to do this? I am encountering the below error and the few comments available suggest spinning my network down and removing volumes. I would prefer to avoid that if possible.

Error: got unexpected status: BAD_REQUEST -- Unknown consortium name: LoanchainConsortium

Sincerely,

Spencer

4281 - 4300 of 11327