Date

Re: Chaincode Instantiation ERROR: Timeout using node SDK and instantiation policy violation: signature set did not satisfy policy (on the peer container)

Gowri R <gowri.r@...>

Added hash-tags. Is it the right way to add them? saw it on the mailing lists.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 5:08 PM Gowri R <gowri.r@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I am trying to use the fabric node SDK. All was well with the installation of chaincode. I can see the chaincode in /var/hyperledger/production/chaincodes

I try to use sendInstantiateProposal through nodeSDK and I get a timeout.

To get more clues, I login into the peer container and execute the following on the command line.

root@dd30e03ee9b3:/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/peer# peer chaincode instantiate -o orderer.acme.com:7050 --tls --cafile /opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/peer/crypto/ordererOrganizations/acme.com/orderers/orderer.acme.com/msp/tlscacerts/tlsca.acme.com-cert.pem -C mychannel -n utility_workflow -v v2 -c '{"Args":["init","a", "100", "b","200"]}' -P "OR ('Org1MSP.member','Org2MSP.member','Org3MSP.member')" --logging-level debug
2018-11-01 06:01:54.561 UTC [msp] GetLocalMSP -> DEBU 001 Returning existing local MSP
2018-11-01 06:01:54.561 UTC [msp] GetDefaultSigningIdentity -> DEBU 002 Obtaining default signing identity
2018-11-01 06:01:54.579 UTC [chaincodeCmd] checkChaincodeCmdParams -> INFO 003 Using default escc
2018-11-01 06:01:54.579 UTC [chaincodeCmd] checkChaincodeCmdParams -> INFO 004 Using default vscc
2018-11-01 06:01:54.579 UTC [chaincodeCmd] getChaincodeSpec -> DEBU 005 java chaincode disabled
2018-11-01 06:01:54.579 UTC [msp/identity] Sign -> DEBU 006 Sign: plaintext: 0A9F070A6708031A0C08D2ADEADE0510...334D53500A04657363630A0476736363
2018-11-01 06:01:54.579 UTC [msp/identity] Sign -> DEBU 007 Sign: digest: AE0829701BD8EE9821CFA416B533F9EF953D46343BE1684E98A046F5E1889453
Error: Error endorsing chaincode: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = chaincode error (status: 500, message: instantiation policy violation: signature set did not satisfy policy)

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks
Gowri

[...]

Re: Chaincode reverse engineer

Alessandro Sorniotti

But now I am learning from the documentation that, each chaincode need to
be installed in each peer and than instantiate to the channel, so the
secret needs to keep by the consortium of the organizations who wrote and
used that chaincode inside their peers, so the security is about protecting
their infrastructure from unauthorized outsider.
This interpretation is correct: the chaincode package (basically the sources of the chaincode) is only shared among the set of nodes that will later be required to endorse its invocations. This may be any non-empty subset of peers in the channel. These peers would be tasked to protect their infrastructure to avoid any non-authorised party from obtaining the chaincode sources/binary.

Ale

Re: Chaincode reverse engineer

Kimheng SOK

Hi,

First of all, I think that the chaincode was compile from source code to some form of binary code and host in the blockchain infrastructure (file or Database), and someone could access to it (Peer) and can do the reverse engineer to see the credential inside the chaincode.

But now I am learning from the documentation that, each chaincode need to be installed in each peer and than instantiate to the channel, so the secret needs to keep by the consortium  of the organizations who wrote and used that chaincode inside their peers, so the security is about protecting their infrastructure from unauthorized outsider.

Bests,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 5:45 PM Alessandro Sorniotti <ale.linux@...> wrote:
Kimheng

What kind of reverse engineering are you considering? Under fabric's security model, the chaincode package is only shared among the expected set of orgs. The chaincode package actually contains the sources of the chaincode and so there's no real reverse engineering necessary to discover the chaincode logic and/or any secrets that might be embedded in it.

External entities and not authorised entities are not expected to receive the chaincode in any form and this assumption should hold, especially if the chaincode embeds secrets.

Finally: entities who can invoke the chaincode may work out part of its business logic by analysing the responses they receive. If no response is received and state updates are encrypted or hashed, no significant leakage is expected.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Ale

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, at 10:13 AM, Kimheng SOK wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Until now is there any incident related to reverse engineer chaincode to
> get credentials ?
> Can we do the reverse engineer or not?
>
> Bests,

Re: How to remove peer from a channel ?#fabric-questions

Alessandro Sorniotti

If you decommission a peer node (as in, unplug it), there's not much else that is required. If you want to keep the peer running but you want it to "abandon" a channel (as in, stop processing its blocks and delete associated ledger and state DB), unless I'm much mistaken this feature is not implemented. If your use case requires it I encourage you to open a JIRA for it.

Thanks,
Ale

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, at 3:22 AM, 1543889546@... wrote:
as title

[...]

Re: How to add a CLI container?

Don Li <lichunshen84@...>

Sorry, still none of the yaml files mount a CA container per your URL.  But that's ok we'll find another way to resolve it.

Thanks.

(Don) Chunshen Li

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 12:19 AM Gowri R <gowri.r@...> wrote:
I modified his yaml file to have a CA. The CA configuration can be picked up from the samples.

Thanks
Gowri

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 at 6:36 PM, Don Li <lichunshen84@...> wrote:
Hi,

While I appreciate your response, it missed a key component, that is, CA container using fabric-ca docker image.

Sincerely,

(Don) Chunshen Li
Blockchain Consultant

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 12:16 AM Gowri R <gowri.r@...> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 10:37 PM Don Li <lichunshen84@...> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to be able to "install" and "instantiate" any chaincode at CLI command prompt level.

Unlike the "first-network" sample app, currently the "balance-transfer" sample app does not mount CLI container, how can we mount it?
Simply copy/paste from the docker-compose-cli.yaml file from the "first-network" to append them to the docker-compose.yaml file in the "balance-transfer" won't suffice.

It seems Orderer env parameters and the volumes mapping for the new CLI need to be configured properly.  How? Please advise.
Or any pointer to this subject would be helpful.

Thanks.

(Don) Chunshen Li
Blockchain Consultant

Re: How to add a CLI container?

Gowri R <gowri.r@...>

[...]

#fabric Storage size estimation #fabric

luizck@...

Hello!

Is there a way to estimate the storage size for HLF?
Considering that the transaction volume is 4.000.000 per day and each transaction has about 6KB.
How much would be necessary for the blockchain file system and the state database in LevelDB ?

Best regards,
Luiz

Re: DOCS: Where is the source code of PaperNet #fabric

Sheetal Sharma <sheetal_sharma@...>

Hi Matthew,

Could you please share the meeting details for playback session?

Regards,

Sheetal

From: "Don Li" <lichunshen84@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: whitemat@...
Cc: sravanrekandar@..., fabric <fabric@...>
Date: Fri, Nov 9, 2018 1:22 AM

Talking about documentation and fabric-samples.

Following is my wish list:

1) Enhance the functionality of the REST api server that comes with the "balance-transfer" sample app.  Currently, you can call it for, of course, the "balance-transfer" sample app and the "fabcar" sample app.  It should be able to support call for all chaincode for basic/essential workflow such as adding data and their retrieval ( without lots of business rules and/or data integration such as oracles...).  I heard from an IBM engineer working on Fabric that IBM is going to beef up REST api server on Fabric side ( vs. Composer ) over two month ago, not sure where it is now.

2) Better support or enhancement for chaincode's "install" and "instantiate".  We know there are at least three ways to install and instantiate chaincode.

At CLI command prompt level, if you are able to install a chaincode via CLI you should be able to instantiate the installed chaincode unless "instantiate" command misses required parameter(s) or with incorrect values.

Same should be true for install and instantiate at http or https call via REST api server level.

Btw, error code improvement would also be in order.  Error like "rpc error, code = Unavailable" does not suffice to help with debugging.

Some expectation is if you are able to install a chaincode they you should be able to instantiate it;

and if you're able to install and instantiate chaincode you should be able to invoke it;

and if you're able to invoke it you should be able to query it.

Not sure if IBM or any individual has paid attention, "install" and "instantiate", especially for "instantiate" there seems an over-sized questions/issues reporting.

Rumor has it that Fabric 1.4.0 would address them well, but Fabric 1.4.0 wouldn't be available until end of December, almost two more months to go.

Thanks.

(Don) Chunshen Li

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:19 AM Matthew White <whitemat@...> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for pointing that out... the documentation there is a bit ahead of the sample code being pushed out.

It should be available very soon.

From: "sravan kumar" <sravanrekandar@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:13 AM

I am going through the documentation: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developapps/smartcontract.html
This doc mentions about a papercontract.js which is part of PaperNet code.
I could not find the source code. fabric-samples(https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/) does not have the PaperNet

Can some one help me

DISCLAIMER
==========

Hyperledger peer addition

Sooraj S <soorajs2189@...>

Hi,

I have been stuck with a doubt for sometime long. I have a running business network(similar to auction network example) in my computer. The fabric is hosted in my system using the fabric-dev-server with all default values. The network is created using hyperledger composer playground. The network have 3 participants, 4 assets and 2 transactions. Only one business card is issued which is "admin". All the ledger transactions is in my system only.

What i need
-----------------
To add a peer to an existing network. I want to add another system to this network so that the ledger gets updated in the new couchdb and the ledger gets distributed. So even if my system gets off or docker dies, the details will be viewable in another system because the ledger gets synced.

Where i have done
--------------------------
I read the following links :

The links explains about the peer addition steps. Overall what happens there is :

* downloaded the fabric sample 1.1.0 alpha version as the fabric extension is only possible through the cryptogen version present within the that version.
* Currently contains order, org1 & org2 (with 2 peers each).
* To add a new peer along with its couchdb, changed the template count in the crypto-config.yaml and created crypto material for the new peer using the extend command.
* Then using the docker composer file to spawn a new peer and its couchdb. This will create new containers.
* Finally the created peers should be joined to the existing channel for the couch db to get sync. The adding to existing channel is via logging into the docker container and typing some cli commands and adding the peer to channel via channel join command.

My doubts
---------------
* The steps that i have explained above : Is this recommend way to add peers to the channel ? Suppose i am creating a network and wanted to add peers to the channel based on a condition. Like a user/users can add themselves to the network through a login via composer playground and act as a peer. So i have to follow the same steps to do it ? Is this the recommended way ?
* As rrishmawi asked, How to preserve the existing data when some updation has made to the .cto file and updated ?
* In the case of the composer playground for issuing new ids, What is the enrolment secret in case of ID issual for a participant and how to know the enrollment secret of an existing ID.

Please do help out...

Here are some supporting links :

Re: Run a node on android

Kimheng SOK

What is a reason to run the node on a mobile device?

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 12:01 AM Bishakh Ghosh <ghoshbishakh@...> wrote:
Is it possible to run a hyperledger fabric node on android? I know we can use rest api to communicate with a node. But I want to run a node on a mobile device.

Run a node on android

ghoshbishakh@...

Is it possible to run a hyperledger fabric node on android? I know we can use rest api to communicate with a node. But I want to run a node on a mobile device.

Re: DOCS: Where is the source code of PaperNet #fabric

Matthew White

Hello - I believe the details get published in https://chat.hyperledger.org/channel/fabric-playbacks

10am EST Wednesday 14th November

From: "Don Li" <lichunshen84@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: whitemat@...
Cc: sravanrekandar@..., fabric <fabric@...>

From: "sravan kumar" <sravanrekandar@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:13 AM

[...]

Re: segmentation violation when running orderer in kafka mode

Gari Singh <garis@...>

Looks like you are running into an error using the native revolver library on your host system.
You can try setting the environment variable GODEBUG=netgo and if using Docker directly passing in the flag "--dns-search ." or with Docker Compose setting the property "dns_search=."

To: fabric@...
From: "Richard Holzeis"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 11/13/2018 03:45AM
Subject: [Hyperledger Fabric] segmentation violation when running orderer in kafka mode

Dear hyperledger fabric team!

I am running into a segmentation violation error (see stack trace https://gist.github.com/holzeis/5dd8af48c083927f9951f3b66e93c692) when starting an orderer in orderer type: kafka. However, after a random number of restarts (from 0 - 30) the orderer starts up successfully. Did I run into a bug?

Kafka Version: 1.0.0 (hyperledger/fabric-kafka:0.4.14)
Environment: kubernetes cluster v1.10.8_1527
Hyperledger Fabric Version: 1.3.0

orderer configuration in configtx.yaml - https://gist.github.com/holzeis/6774f59b3602d8ebaf2b5e40460addc1

I've also posted my question to rocketchat - https://chat.hyperledger.org/channel/fabric-orderer?msg=vsJsmn6sySsd88JCf

Any suggestions?

kind regards

Richard Holzeis
Experienced IT Architect
Phone: +43-664 618 7698 (Mobile)
E-mail: richard.holzeis@...

Re: nodejs SDK - channel.sendInstanstiateProposal timing out

Gowri R <gowri.r@...>

The peer and orderer versions if required.
hypledvm@hypledvm-VirtualBox:~/go/src/utilitypoc/network/acmedevmode$ docker exec -it peer0.org1.acme.com bash
onot@9868008e9d56:/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/peer# peer versi
peer:
 Version: 1.1.0
 Go version: go1.9.2
 OS/Arch: linux/amd64
 Experimental features: false
 Chaincode:
  Base Image Version: 0.4.6
  Base Docker Namespace: hyperledger
  Base Docker Label: org.hyperledger.fabric
  Docker Namespace: hyperledger

2018-10-31 23:27:29.015 UTC [main] main -> INFO 001 Exiting.....
root@9868008e9d56:/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/peer# exit
exit
hypledvm@hypledvm-VirtualBox:~/go/src/utilitypoc/network/acmedevmode$ docker exec -it orderer.acme.com bash
orderer:599ccd21b:/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric# orderer version
 Version: 1.2.0
 Commit SHA: cae2ad4
 Go version: go1.10
 OS/Arch: linux/amd64

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 4:09 PM Gowri R <gowri.r@...> wrote:
  • Hi, I getting a REQUEST_TIMEOUT while using the channel.sendInstantiateProposal API. Docker logs on peer output is as follows - 2018-10-31 22:42:39.627 UTC [endorser] simulateProposal -> DEBU 291b [][7c550f74] Exit
    2018-10-31 22:42:39.627 UTC [endorser] ProcessProposal -> ERRO 291c [][7c550f74] simulateProposal() resulted in chaincode name:"cscc" response status 500 for txid: 7c550f74e27843f04cf2be20b287608b4b56b5ddd412deb303ae3894c09552e1
    2018-10-31 22:42:39.627 UTC [endorser] ProcessProposal -> DEBU 291d Exit: request from%!(EXTRA string=172.21.0.1:53420)
    2018-10-31 22:42:40.682 UTC [endorser] ProcessProposal -> DEBU 291e Entering: Got request from 172.21.0.1:53432
    2018-10-31 22:42:40.682 UTC [protoutils] ValidateProposalMessage -> DEBU 291f ValidateProposalMessage starts for signed proposal 0xc421bcab40
    2018-10-31 22:42:40.682 UTC [protoutils] validateChannelHeader -> DEBU 2920 validateChannelHeader info: header type 3
  • The way I send parameters is as follows:
    await ClientUtils.instantiateChaincode([Constants.peer0org1], 'mychannel', 'utility_workflow', 'v0', 'init', 'go', '[]', ClientUtils.getUserName(), Constants.ORG1);
And also the code, I follow is from the balance-transfer example. I did not update anchor peers through the nodejs client code.

Any pointers would be greatly helpful

Thanks
Gowri

[...]

6541 - 6560 of 11527