From: fabric@... <fabric@...> On Behalf Of Matthew White
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2018 2:37 PM
To: lichunshen84@...
Cc: fabric@...; sravanrekandar@...
Subject: Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] DOCS: Where is the source code of PaperNet #fabric

Hi Don,  All very useful points thank you.

The REST Server from Composer is a useful tool; feedback is certainly that there is a requirement for something akin to that in the Fabric space.

I would suggest you take a look at the new programming work that is ongoing - especially with regards the metadata on the contract API. (See FAB 12071, 12609 and 10741).. there will be a playback next week btw.

As to install and instantiate I can appreciate your points here; only end of last week I raised a JIRA on improving the error reporting when developing chaincode.

From: "Don Li" <lichunshen84@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: whitemat@...
Cc: sravanrekandar@..., fabric <fabric@...>
Date: Fri, Nov 9, 2018 1:22 AM

Talking about documentation and fabric-samples.

Following is my wish list:

1) Enhance the functionality of the REST api server that comes with the "balance-transfer" sample app.  Currently, you can call it for, of course, the "balance-transfer" sample app and the "fabcar" sample app.  It should be able to support call for all chaincode for basic/essential workflow such as adding data and their retrieval ( without lots of business rules and/or data integration such as oracles...).  I heard from an IBM engineer working on Fabric that IBM is going to beef up REST api server on Fabric side ( vs. Composer ) over two month ago, not sure where it is now.

2) Better support or enhancement for chaincode's "install" and "instantiate".  We know there are at least three ways to install and instantiate chaincode.

At CLI command prompt level, if you are able to install a chaincode via CLI you should be able to instantiate the installed chaincode unless "instantiate" command misses required parameter(s) or with incorrect values.

Same should be true for install and instantiate at http or https call via REST api server level.

Btw, error code improvement would also be in order.  Error like "rpc error, code = Unavailable" does not suffice to help with debugging.

Some expectation is if you are able to install a chaincode they you should be able to instantiate it;

and if you're able to install and instantiate chaincode you should be able to invoke it;

and if you're able to invoke it you should be able to query it.

Not sure if IBM or any individual has paid attention, "install" and "instantiate", especially for "instantiate" there seems an over-sized questions/issues reporting.

Rumor has it that Fabric 1.4.0 would address them well, but Fabric 1.4.0 wouldn't be available until end of December, almost two more months to go.

Thanks.

(Don) Chunshen Li

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:19 AM Matthew White <whitemat@...> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for pointing that out... the documentation there is a bit ahead of the sample code being pushed out.

It should be available very soon.

From: "sravan kumar" <sravanrekandar@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:13 AM

I am going through the documentation: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developapps/smartcontract.html
This doc mentions about a papercontract.js which is part of PaperNet code.
I could not find the source code. fabric-samples(https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/) does not have the PaperNet

Can some one help me

DISCLAIMER
==========

Hyperledger peer addition

Sooraj S <soorajs2189@...>

Hi,

I have been stuck with a doubt for sometime long. I have a running business network(similar to auction network example) in my computer. The fabric is hosted in my system using the fabric-dev-server with all default values. The network is created using hyperledger composer playground. The network have 3 participants, 4 assets and 2 transactions. Only one business card is issued which is "admin". All the ledger transactions is in my system only.

What i need
-----------------
To add a peer to an existing network. I want to add another system to this network so that the ledger gets updated in the new couchdb and the ledger gets distributed. So even if my system gets off or docker dies, the details will be viewable in another system because the ledger gets synced.

Where i have done
--------------------------
I read the following links :

The links explains about the peer addition steps. Overall what happens there is :

* downloaded the fabric sample 1.1.0 alpha version as the fabric extension is only possible through the cryptogen version present within the that version.
* Currently contains order, org1 & org2 (with 2 peers each).
* To add a new peer along with its couchdb, changed the template count in the crypto-config.yaml and created crypto material for the new peer using the extend command.
* Then using the docker composer file to spawn a new peer and its couchdb. This will create new containers.
* Finally the created peers should be joined to the existing channel for the couch db to get sync. The adding to existing channel is via logging into the docker container and typing some cli commands and adding the peer to channel via channel join command.

My doubts
---------------
* The steps that i have explained above : Is this recommend way to add peers to the channel ? Suppose i am creating a network and wanted to add peers to the channel based on a condition. Like a user/users can add themselves to the network through a login via composer playground and act as a peer. So i have to follow the same steps to do it ? Is this the recommended way ?
* As rrishmawi asked, How to preserve the existing data when some updation has made to the .cto file and updated ?
* In the case of the composer playground for issuing new ids, What is the enrolment secret in case of ID issual for a participant and how to know the enrollment secret of an existing ID.

Please do help out...

Here are some supporting links :

Re: Run a node on android

Kimheng SOK

What is a reason to run the node on a mobile device?

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 12:01 AM Bishakh Ghosh <ghoshbishakh@...> wrote:
Is it possible to run a hyperledger fabric node on android? I know we can use rest api to communicate with a node. But I want to run a node on a mobile device.

Run a node on android

ghoshbishakh@...

Is it possible to run a hyperledger fabric node on android? I know we can use rest api to communicate with a node. But I want to run a node on a mobile device.

Re: DOCS: Where is the source code of PaperNet #fabric

Matthew White

Hello - I believe the details get published in https://chat.hyperledger.org/channel/fabric-playbacks

10am EST Wednesday 14th November

From: Sheetal Sharma <sheetal_sharma@...>
To: Matthew White <whitemat@...>, "lichunshen84@..." <lichunshen84@...>
Cc: "fabric@..." <fabric@...>, "sravanrekandar@..." <sravanrekandar@...>
Date: Tue, Nov 13, 2018 4:00 AM

Hi Matthew,

Could you please share the meeting details for playback session?

Regards,

Sheetal

From: "Don Li" <lichunshen84@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: whitemat@...
Cc: sravanrekandar@..., fabric <fabric@...>

From: "sravan kumar" <sravanrekandar@...>
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:13 AM

I am going through the documentation: https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developapps/smartcontract.html
This doc mentions about a papercontract.js which is part of PaperNet code.
I could not find the source code. fabric-samples(https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-samples/) does not have the PaperNet

Can some one help me

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: How to add a CLI container?

Don Li <lichunshen84@...>

Hi,

While I appreciate your response, it missed a key component, that is, CA container using fabric-ca docker image.

Sincerely,

(Don) Chunshen Li
Blockchain Consultant

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 12:16 AM Gowri R <gowri.r@...> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 10:37 PM Don Li <lichunshen84@...> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to be able to "install" and "instantiate" any chaincode at CLI command prompt level.

Unlike the "first-network" sample app, currently the "balance-transfer" sample app does not mount CLI container, how can we mount it?
Simply copy/paste from the docker-compose-cli.yaml file from the "first-network" to append them to the docker-compose.yaml file in the "balance-transfer" won't suffice.

It seems Orderer env parameters and the volumes mapping for the new CLI need to be configured properly.  How? Please advise.
Or any pointer to this subject would be helpful.

Thanks.

(Don) Chunshen Li
Blockchain Consultant

Re: segmentation violation when running orderer in kafka mode

Gari Singh <garis@...>

Looks like you are running into an error using the native revolver library on your host system.
You can try setting the environment variable GODEBUG=netgo and if using Docker directly passing in the flag "--dns-search ." or with Docker Compose setting the property "dns_search=."

To: fabric@...
From: "Richard Holzeis"
Sent by: fabric@...
Date: 11/13/2018 03:45AM
Subject: [Hyperledger Fabric] segmentation violation when running orderer in kafka mode

Dear hyperledger fabric team!

I am running into a segmentation violation error (see stack trace https://gist.github.com/holzeis/5dd8af48c083927f9951f3b66e93c692) when starting an orderer in orderer type: kafka. However, after a random number of restarts (from 0 - 30) the orderer starts up successfully. Did I run into a bug?

Kafka Version: 1.0.0 (hyperledger/fabric-kafka:0.4.14)
Environment: kubernetes cluster v1.10.8_1527
Hyperledger Fabric Version: 1.3.0

orderer configuration in configtx.yaml - https://gist.github.com/holzeis/6774f59b3602d8ebaf2b5e40460addc1

I've also posted my question to rocketchat - https://chat.hyperledger.org/channel/fabric-orderer?msg=vsJsmn6sySsd88JCf

Any suggestions?

kind regards

Richard Holzeis
Experienced IT Architect
Phone: +43-664 618 7698 (Mobile)
E-mail: richard.holzeis@...

Re: nodejs SDK - channel.sendInstanstiateProposal timing out

Gowri R <gowri.r@...>

The peer and orderer versions if required.
hypledvm@hypledvm-VirtualBox:~/go/src/utilitypoc/network/acmedevmode$ docker exec -it peer0.org1.acme.com bash
onot@9868008e9d56:/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/peer# peer versi
peer:
 Version: 1.1.0
 Go version: go1.9.2
 OS/Arch: linux/amd64
 Experimental features: false
 Chaincode:
  Base Image Version: 0.4.6
  Base Docker Namespace: hyperledger
  Base Docker Label: org.hyperledger.fabric
  Docker Namespace: hyperledger

2018-10-31 23:27:29.015 UTC [main] main -> INFO 001 Exiting.....
root@9868008e9d56:/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric/peer# exit
exit
hypledvm@hypledvm-VirtualBox:~/go/src/utilitypoc/network/acmedevmode$ docker exec -it orderer.acme.com bash
orderer:599ccd21b:/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric# orderer version
 Version: 1.2.0
 Commit SHA: cae2ad4
 Go version: go1.10
 OS/Arch: linux/amd64

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 4:09 PM Gowri R <gowri.r@...> wrote:
  • Hi, I getting a REQUEST_TIMEOUT while using the channel.sendInstantiateProposal API. Docker logs on peer output is as follows - 2018-10-31 22:42:39.627 UTC [endorser] simulateProposal -> DEBU 291b [][7c550f74] Exit
    2018-10-31 22:42:39.627 UTC [endorser] ProcessProposal -> ERRO 291c [][7c550f74] simulateProposal() resulted in chaincode name:"cscc" response status 500 for txid: 7c550f74e27843f04cf2be20b287608b4b56b5ddd412deb303ae3894c09552e1
    2018-10-31 22:42:39.627 UTC [endorser] ProcessProposal -> DEBU 291d Exit: request from%!(EXTRA string=172.21.0.1:53420)
    2018-10-31 22:42:40.682 UTC [endorser] ProcessProposal -> DEBU 291e Entering: Got request from 172.21.0.1:53432
    2018-10-31 22:42:40.682 UTC [protoutils] ValidateProposalMessage -> DEBU 291f ValidateProposalMessage starts for signed proposal 0xc421bcab40
    2018-10-31 22:42:40.682 UTC [protoutils] validateChannelHeader -> DEBU 2920 validateChannelHeader info: header type 3
  • The way I send parameters is as follows:
    await ClientUtils.instantiateChaincode([Constants.peer0org1], 'mychannel', 'utility_workflow', 'v0', 'init', 'go', '[]', ClientUtils.getUserName(), Constants.ORG1);
And also the code, I follow is from the balance-transfer example. I did not update anchor peers through the nodejs client code.

Any pointers would be greatly helpful

Thanks
Gowri

[...]

Chaincode reverse engineer

Kimheng SOK

Hi all,

Until now is there any incident related to reverse engineer chaincode to get credentials ?
Can we do the reverse engineer or not?

Bests,

How to remove peer from a channel ?#fabric-questions

andychen.chen@...

as title

Re: Fw: Re: Hyperledger Peer Node Status Access Denied Error

Yacov

In that case make sure your enrollment certiifcate is that of the peer's administrator.
Meaning - the certificate in /etc/hyperledger/peer/msp is that of the msp/admincerts in the peer's local MSP

From:        Gaurav Naithani/India/IBM
To:        Yacov Manevich/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
Cc:        fabric@...
Date:        10/11/2018 01:22 PM
Subject:        Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Fw: Re: Hyperledger Peer Node Status Access Denied Error

Hi Yacov,

I have already setup below variables in h1fv12 docker-compose.yaml file

CORE_PEER_LOCALMSPID=Org1MSP
CORE_PEER_MSPCONFIGPATH=/etc/hyperledger/peer/msp
Still encountered Access Denied Error.

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Naithani
Cloud Solution Architect, Global Cloud COE
Togaf 9.1 Certified Enterprise Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure Solution Architect, PMP, CSM
Phone: 91-9886715490
E-mail: gnaithan@...

Upcoming Vacation: 7 - 9 November 2018

From: Gaurav Naithani/India/IBM
To: fabric+owner@...
Date: Fri, Nov 9, 2018 10:03 AM

Hi,

Would like to understand possible reason for below error.

I have installed Hyperledger fabric on my Windows 10 laptop using Virtual Box (Ubuntu vagrant image).

Installation is completed successfully and when I run Peer Node Status it gives "Access Denied" error.

I am stuck at this step since yesterday, request you to have a look and suggest solution.

--

Todd Benzies

Sr. Director, Program Management & Operations
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 412-0310 (m)

tbenzies@...
Image.15416107022360.pngImage.15416107022360.png

Re: Fw: Re: Hyperledger Peer Node Status Access Denied Error

Gaurav Naithani <gnaithan@...>

[...]

Chaincode Questions (Build Your First Network)

Benny Tam <bennytam0438@...>

Hyperledger Fabric Group,

I have some questions regarding chaincodes from Build Your First Network tutorial (v1.3).

Q1: I don't know why peer1.org1.example.com does not have chaincode installed.
In the script of fabric-samples/first-network/scripts/utils.sh, line 122 inside installChaincode function, the command `peer chaincode install` does not have the flag of `--peerAddress`, so my first guess is that it shall install chaincodes to all peers (2 organization, each with 2 peers in this network).

But then when I enter into the docker container, I found that `peer1.org1.example.com` does not have chaincode installed.
i.e `/var/hyperledger/production/chaincodes` does not have anything in the docker container of `peer1.org1.example.com`.

Then I go to the script of fabric-samples/first-network/scripts/script.sh, and I found that it does not execute `installChaincode 1 1`. So maybe it is the reason why `peer1.org1.example.com` does not have chaincode installed. But it further confuse me, the parameters `1 1` are actually not used in the command `peer chaincode install`. So I still don't understand why `peer1.org1.example.com` does not have chaincode installed.

Q2: Confusion of user chaincode and system chaincode
Official document said user chaincode is launched as a separated container while system chaincode is inside the same container as the peer process. I realized that there are 3 chaincode containers with name looks like `dev-peer#.org#.example.com-mycc-1.0`. so that means they are user chaincode.

But after reading the source code (i.e. `chaincode_example02.go`), I found that what it involves functions like `invoke` and `query`. But I always think that these functions are already presented in the system chaincde (e.g. QSCC).  So my question is what are included in system chaincodes?

Many Thanks,
Benny

Peer Specification

Kimheng SOK

Dear all,

To become a normal Peer or Orderer Peer, what is the minimal requirement in term of Memory, CPU? How many Smart contract code can it stores? How much transaction could it hold?

Ofcause it is depend on the size of the transaction and smart contract, but just want to know some specific numbers between the Hardware specification and the workload that it can handle.

Bests,

6541 - 6560 of 11518