Date

Re: How Can Other Peers Get Copies of the World State Database? #minifab #minifabric

Bharg Pvr <pvrbharg@...>

Hello @pavon,

Please see the attachment and I submit to believe - you may be missing some crucial concepts.

Have you seen this? The following are examples of query and invoke as documented by Tong Li in the github.
minifab invoke -p '"query","a"'
minifab invoke -p '"invoke","a","b","24"'

Please review the Read The Doc on Hyperledger Fabric and also Minifab documentation.
Both the resources feature a tremendous documentation. I think this is what you need to pay attention to.

Hope the attachment helps. Best of luck.

Re: How Can Other Peers Get Copies of the World State Database? #minifab #minifabric

Bruno Andreghetti

Hi!

I think there might be a misconception here. Peers do not replicate the data you inject into CouchDB World State. They achieve data replication by committing transactions from the ledger, which deterministically generates the same World State. The Transaction Flow documentation is a great resource to better understand how peers achieve consensus about what the World State should be.

Regards,

Bruno Andreghetti @ GoLedger

Re: Creating HLF network with fabric-go-sdk and kubernetes #kubernetes #fabric-sdk-go #testnetwork

Nikos Karamolegkos

Let me extend Matija's questions. Can the administrative tasks take place on the fly without affecting the network operations. For example can I add new channel (i.e channel2) and and add to this channel the existing orgs (i.e peers) without affecting  the operations in already existed channel1. Same for deploying chaincode and register users to an org.

Thank you

Re: Creating HLF network with fabric-go-sdk and kubernetes #kubernetes #fabric-sdk-go #testnetwork

Bruno Andreghetti

Hi!

I have been studying the Go SDK for the past few weeks to use it for administrative tasks, since the Node SDK does not support them anymore. Now to answer your questions:

1) You can do it both ways, the CLI and the SDK are both interoperable. I believe the only thing that is CLI-only is the creation of genesis blocks using configtxgen, which AFAIK is not supported by any SDK.

2) For the SDK you need a config file like this one. Check the E2E integration test for examples on how to perform administrative tasks with the SDK.

Regards,

Bruno Andreghetti @ GoLedger

Re: Deploying Java chaincode #docker #fabric-peer

Matthew White

Hello;

The 2.3 release was an interim/development release. 2.2 being the LTS. There wasn't a docker image for farbic-javaenv:2.3 released.  The quick way around this is to pul down the fabric-javaenv:2.2 and retag it as 2.3

Hope that helps.

From: bo.jacobs@...
Sent by: fabric@...
To: fabric@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Deploying Java chaincode #fabric-peer #docker
Date: Thu, Nov 25, 2021 10:04 AM

Hello. I am running the fabric test-network on a MacBook with M1 chip. I modified the script that downloads images & binaries in a waythat it gets the amd64 images. The images run fine. However, when I try to deploy a Java chaincode, I run ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
Hello.

I am running the fabric test-network on a MacBook with M1 chip. I modified the script that downloads images & binaries in a waythat it gets the amd64 images.
The images run fine. However, when I try to deploy a Java chaincode, I run into following issue:

+ peer lifecycle chaincode install mychaincode.tar.gz+ res=1Error: chaincode install failed with status: 500 - failed to invoke backing implementation of 'InstallChaincode': could not build chaincode: docker build failed: docker image build failed: docker build failed: Failed to pull hyperledger/fabric-javaenv:2.3: no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entriesChaincode installation on peer0.org1 has failedDeploying chaincode failed

It seems that somewhere a check on system architecture is made, and that docker is trying to pull hyperledger/fabric-javaenv for arm64 which doesn't exist.
I am looking for a way to force a pull of the amd64 image, because I assume that one will work as well. I can't seem to find where/why docker is trying to pull the arm64 image.

Is there a way to do this?

Have a great day.

Deploying Java chaincode #docker #fabric-peer

Bo Jacobs

[...]

pavon@...

Bhang,

Thank you again for your prompt response.  So let me understand this.

I have 5 peer nodes in my network, each having a CouchDB instance on different ports mapping back to Port 5984.

Data documents are in the Peer1 CouchDB instance.  When I docker exec into Peer 4's CouchDB instance and run the command to list all DBs, the DB holding the documents in Peer 1 CouchDB instance are NOT in Peer 4.

BUT...I can be in Peer 4's CouchDB instance, do a query, and the output will be returned?  Is that what you're saying?

Because I just tried that with a small dataset of 10 records and I didn't get any output on Peer 4's CouchDB node.

However, when I docker exec into Peer 1's CouchDB node and do the query, I get the output.

Pavon

Re: How Can Other Peers Get Copies of the World State Database? #minifab #minifabric

Bharg Pvr <pvrbharg@...>

Queries are run against world state by default. So when you you run a query on peer1, it is getting answer from peer1 connected couch’s instance. Same applies to peer2 thru 5. Queries are not going thru consensus flow.

Hope this helps.

Thx

~~~~~~
Bhargav

How Can Other Peers Get Copies of the World State Database? #minifab #minifabric

pavon@...

Quick question.

Is there a command in minifabric where peers get a copy of the documents in the World State Database?

I have 60,000,000 records LITERALLY in a CouchDB database in a Peer 1 container.

My network has 5 peers and Minifabric also created 5 CouchDB peers as well.

I would like for Peers 2, 3, 4, and 5 in my network to have copies of the same data in CouchDB.

GOAL:  I would like to be in Peer 3 and query the World State Database and get results based on arguments I specify.

Is there a minifab command that does this or will I have to use other methods?  Better yet, can this even be done?

Thanks in advance, Hyperledger developers!!

Re: Is it Possible To Implement a Real-Time Reverse Ranked Auction on Hyperledger Fabric? - Design Concerns

conanoc

Two ways come to mind for me.

1. Bidders don't have to be members of the fabric network
Bidding is implemented as an ordinary auction application. You store the bidding prices in the fabric as logs for later validation.
The fabric network is consists of some members who watch and guarantee the validity of the bid result.

2. Bidders should be members of the fabric network
A bidder sends its price to the fabric network as a hashed value, and then sends its raw value and the previous tx record to the auction application. The application checks the validity of the raw value and uses it for bidding. The logs of raw values are open to all bidders after the auction stops. Bidders can validate the raw values with the hash values stored in the fabric network.
Considering the efficiency, the hashed value of the bidding price could be stored by the auction application, not by the bidder itself. The bidder sends the price to the auction application, the application then hashes the price value and stores it in the ledger. The bidder cannot guarantee that the auction application does not deceive him, but he can monitor and detect if the auction application stores the wrong hash value in the ledger, at least.

Re: Is it Possible To Implement a Real-Time Reverse Ranked Auction on Hyperledger Fabric? - Design Concerns

HyperFredger

Hello,

FYI, I could implement my version of this type of auction using Hyperledger:

For the 1st front: I stored all the revealed bids in a private data collection of the buyer organization. Bidders cannot view revealed bids through chaincode invocations.

For the second front: Did a simple implementation. But at scale it’s not going to work efficiently

Looking for any inputs in those matters.

Tohmas.

Re: Select wallet identity

Nikos Karamolegkos

Thank you. So in order to match the user Isabella with a second ID (i.e ID2), I just have to create an new identity (using the register and enroll procedure of fabric-ca-client) and then add this identity to Isabella's wallet path?

Creating HLF network with fabric-go-sdk and kubernetes #kubernetes #fabric-sdk-go #testnetwork

matija.siipek@...

Hello,

I have a problem with understanding the role of GO SDK in HLF and with Kubernetes. Here is the story.

First, I have managed to setup three test networks provided by fabric samples. My next step was trying to add an organization to test-network-k8s, and TBH it was quite complex to add and reconfigure data via bash/config files to manage such an action. Then, I found out that the way to do it is via GO SDK by creating an operator. So, I tried a few k8s operators, but I cannot say they enhanced my understanding.

1) When building initial HLF infrastructure, do you build it programmatically with SDK? If no, which are the base components I need to setup (binaries, configs, other software)?
2) How to connect HLF with the SDK? If I create go project and add SDK, how will the SDK recognize the HLF network, which configuration do I need to setup?

Any help would be appreciated

Best,
Matija

回复:[Hyperledger Fabric] #minifab #minifabric - Explorer Not Working #minifabric #minifab

"蘇振兵

Fabric Contributor Meeting - November 24, 2021 - CANCELLED

David Enyeart

No meeting this week. Let us know if you have an agenda topic for December 8th.

Cancelled Event: Fabric Contributor Meeting - Wednesday, November 24, 2021 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Fabric Contributor Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Wednesday, November 24, 2021
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-05:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Organizer: Dave Enyeart enyeart@...

For meeting agendas, recordings, and more details, see https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Contributor+Meetings

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

Meeting ID: 518 494 7650
Passcode: 475869

Re: #minifab #minifabric - Explorer Not Working #minifab #minifabric

David Faulstich Diniz Reis

Maybe the explorer is using the same external ports. Check the docker files.

Em ter., 23 de nov. de 2021 às 17:51, pavon via lists.hyperledger.org <pavon=movo.cash@...> escreveu:

Hello, everyone!

Just a simple thing that I'm sure can be fixed.

When I expose ports, the explorerup command works but I cannot see the frontend because the explorer container keeps exiting with Exit Code 1.

However, when I rebuild the network and do NOT expose the ports, the Explorer container works and I am able to see the Explorer frontend.

Why is that?

--
David Reis
@davidfaulstich (Instagram)

#minifab #minifabric - Explorer Not Working #minifab #minifabric

pavon@...

Hello, everyone!

Just a simple thing that I'm sure can be fixed.

When I expose ports, the explorerup command works but I cannot see the frontend because the explorer container keeps exiting with Exit Code 1.

However, when I rebuild the network and do NOT expose the ports, the Explorer container works and I am able to see the Explorer frontend.

Why is that?

Re: #minifab #minifabric - Opening Port 5984 #minifabric #minifab

pavon@...

@Tong Li,

Your answer solved my issue.  Thank you so much!  Have a great day and take care!

Re: #minifab #minifabric - Opening Port 5984 #minifabric #minifab

Tong Li

I think you are looking at the wrong thing here. When you map couchdb port to a port which is available outside your machine, you have to look into the port map. it is rare that the port 5984 maps to that same port. Once your system is up running, execute this command to find the actual ports which are accessible.

docker ps --format "{{ .Names }}:{{ .Ports}}" | grep couchdb

you should see how the host port map to container port. something similar to the below if you are using the default spec file:

peer2.org1.example.com.couchdb:4369/tcp, 9100/tcp, 0.0.0.0:7009->5984/tcp, :::7009->5984/tcp
peer1.org1.example.com.couchdb:4369/tcp, 9100/tcp, 0.0.0.0:7008->5984/tcp, :::7008->5984/tcp
peer2.org0.example.com.couchdb:4369/tcp, 9100/tcp, 0.0.0.0:7007->5984/tcp, :::7007->5984/tcp
peer1.org0.example.com.couchdb:4369/tcp, 9100/tcp, 0.0.0.0:7006->5984/tcp, :::7006->5984/tcp

Notice that the port 5984 from different couchdb instance maps to different host port, in my case, 7006 to 7009. You should be able to access it like this.  http://Ip-ADDRESS:7006/_utils/  where the Ip-address should be your host IP address, not the container docker network IP address which should not be visible outside of your machine.

Tong Li
IBM Open Technology

"pavon via lists.hyperledger.org" ---11/23/2021 01:11:03 PM---Using the " *-e true* " flag doesn't do anything for me.  I literally tore down the network (./minif

From: "pavon via lists.hyperledger.org" <pavon=movo.cash@...>
To: fabric@...
Date: 11/23/2021 01:11 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] #minifab #minifabric - Opening Port 5984
Sent by: fabric@...

Using the "-e true" flag doesn't do anything for me. I literally tore down the network (./minifab cleanup) and restarted it with the "-e true" flag. Went to http://Ip-ADDRESS:5984/_utils/ and nothing happened. Also, the explorer won't load ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Using the "-e true" flag doesn't do anything for me.  I literally tore down the network (./minifab cleanup) and restarted it with the "-e true" flag.  Went to http://Ip-ADDRESS:5984/_utils/ and nothing happened.

Also, the explorer won't load up either.

When I did not specify the "-e true" flag, the explorer pulled up with no issues but couchdb didn't.

This is the command I'm typing in. Maybe I am doing something wrong:

./minifab up -o my.cool.org -c coolchannel -s couchdb -e true

Any other recommendations?  Thank you @Tong Li and @Bharg Pvr fo your responses.  It is appreciated.

961 - 980 of 11527