Other applications are write/update.
It depends entirely on your requirements, there is no correct answer.

Dave Enyeart

"Nikos Karamolegkos" ---07/29/2021 07:39:34 AM---David this was exactly what I was thinking. However, I am worried about  the asset idea in HLF, I me

From: "Nikos Karamolegkos" <nkaram@...>
To: "David Enyeart" <enyeart@...>
Cc: "fabric" <fabric@...>
Date: 07/29/2021 07:39 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Hyperledger Fabric] Proof of data using HLF

David this was exactly what I was thinking. However, I am worried about the asset idea in HLF, I mean the logical ID can be always a different (new) value is this consistent with HLF? As I have seen the ledger was some assets as keys whose ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

David this was exactly what I was thinking. However, I am worried about the asset idea in HLF, I mean the logical ID can be always a different (new) value is this consistent with HLF? As I have seen the ledger was some assets as keys whose values can be updated or add a new asset. Is it feasible each time to add new key (i.e the logical ID) and never update it's value?

On 28/7/21 11:09 μ.μ., David Enyeart wrote:

    A Fabric chaincode stores any key/value pair to the ledger. It is quite common for the 'value' to be a hash of some data stored elsewhere to serve as proof of the data. The 'key' could be some logical ID in the external system, or perhaps the hash of a logical ID, if you don't want to socialize the logical ID itself.

    Dave Enyeart

    "Nikos Karamolegkos" ---07/28/2021 07:38:48 AM---I would like to extend my current application to use hyperledger fabric  for proof of data. Specific

    From:
    "Nikos Karamolegkos" <nkaram@...>
    To:
    "fabric" <fabric@...>
    Date:
    07/28/2021 07:38 AM
    Subject:
    [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Proof of data using HLF

    I would like to extend my current application to use hyperledger fabric
    for proof of data. Specifically, until now I am storing the data into a
    database. I would like to keep this part and at the same time to add a
    BC network to verify the integrity of the data. I am thinking to use the
    hash of the data as value of an "asset" of BC ledger but I don't know
    what to declare as an asset. For example, I have seen some
    implementations based on IPFS which use BC to store the file hash. Can
    fabric support something like this?

    Thank you

    --
    Nikos Karamolegkos
    R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH

--
Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)

Re: Proof of data using HLF

Nikos Karamolegkos

From: "Nikos Karamolegkos" <nkaram@...>
To: "fabric" <fabric@...>
Date: 07/28/2021 07:38 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Proof of data using HLF
Sent by: fabric@...

I would like to extend my current application to use hyperledger fabric
for proof of data. Specifically, until now I am storing the data into a
database. I would like to keep this part and at the same time to add a
BC network to verify the integrity of the data. I am thinking to use the
hash of the data as value of an "asset" of BC ledger but I don't know
what to declare as an asset. For example, I have seen some
implementations based on IPFS which use BC to store the file hash. Can
fabric support something like this?

Thank you

--
Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)

--
Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)

Re: Hyperledger 2.2 Peer Out of Sync issue #fabric #fabric-peer #fabric-sdk-node #fabric-endorser #fabric-kubernetes

David Enyeart

Do you mean the existing v1.4 peers are out of sync?
Or you are re-processing all transactions into a new network and the new network peers are out of sync with each other?
Or the new peers are out of sync relative to the old peers?
Which state database?
Why don't you do an inline upgrade of the peers rather than re-process the tranactions?
Can you identify the first transaction that is out of sync and look at the logs from that block height.

Dave Enyeart

avinash.sachdewani2010---07/28/2021 11:48:00 PM---Hi Fabric Experts, Currently I am upgrading our network from HLF 1.4 to 2.2.

From: avinash.sachdewani2010@...
To: fabric@...
Date: 07/28/2021 11:48 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] Hyperledger 2.2 Peer Out of Sync issue #fabric #fabric-peer #fabric-sdk-node #fabric-endorser #fabric-kubernetes
Sent by: fabric@...

Hi Fabric Experts, Currently I am upgrading our network from HLF 1.4 to 2.2. As our current HLF network using docker and kubernetes we decided to use below approach for the migration. Identify the last block using peer channel fetch ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

Hi Fabric Experts,

Currently I am upgrading our network from HLF 1.4 to 2.2.
As our current HLF network using docker and kubernetes we decided to use below approach for the migration.

1. Identify the last block using peer channel fetch
2. Clone all the transactions blocks using peer channel fetch
3. Convert these blocks to JSON
4. Use the JSON objects to execute transactions using a fabric network.
We are running both HLF 1.4 and 2.2 network during the migration.
While transferring the transaction blocks network handling up to 65K transactions after that both peers going out of sync and maintaining different balance.
65K max I can reach so far sometime peer going out of sync as early as 5K transactions.

HLF 2.2 network Configuration:

  • One Org
  • 2 Peer
  • 3 Orderer
    Fabric Network 2.2.5
    fabric-ca-client 2.2.5

    Please let me know if any one faced the similar issue and best way to solve the issue.

  • Avinash

    From: "Nikos Karamolegkos" <nkaram@...>
    To: "fabric" <fabric@...>
    Date: 07/28/2021 07:38 AM
    Sent by: fabric@...

    I would like to extend my current application to use hyperledger fabric
    for proof of data. Specifically, until now I am storing the data into a
    database. I would like to keep this part and at the same time to add a
    BC network to verify the integrity of the data. I am thinking to use the
    hash of the data as value of an "asset" of BC ledger but I don't know
    what to declare as an asset. For example, I have seen some
    implementations based on IPFS which use BC to store the file hash. Can
    fabric support something like this?

    Thank you

    --
    Nikos Karamolegkos
    R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
    Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)

    Proof of data using HLF

    Nikos Karamolegkos

    I would like to extend my current application to use hyperledger fabric for proof of data. Specifically, until now I am storing the data into a database. I would like to keep this part and at the same time to add a BC network to verify the integrity of the data. I am thinking to use the hash of the data as value of an "asset" of BC ledger but I don't know  what to declare as an asset. For example, I have seen some implementations based on IPFS which use BC to store the file hash. Can fabric support something like this?

    Thank you

    --
    Nikos Karamolegkos
    R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
    Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)

    Re: Hyperledger Blockchain explorer failed to create wallet

    Kimheng SOK

    Thank for your answer, I already solved the problem.
    I used first-network while the explorer seem to used test-network, that's why there are some configuration needed to be done.
    Bests,

    On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 8:18 PM <neeroz.kumar29@...> wrote:
    Hi,

    Looking at the logs, it seems the error is due to an incorrect path pointing to the msp/certificates.

    Double-check in the network.json file under the key "organizations.OrgMSP.adminPrivateKey" - by default it has a value: ../peerOrganizationspeerOrganizations/example.com/users/Admin@.../msp/keystore/priv_sk.

    Be sure to check the volume mounts in the docker-compose.yaml according to the folder structure you have generated. Also by default the crypto-gen or Fabric CA does not generate the file as "priv_sk". so you might have to copy the private key (there should be only one file present in the peerOrganizationspeerOrganizations/example.com/users/Admin@.../msp/keystore/  directory) with the name as "priv_sk" in "../Admin@.../msp/keystore/" directory.

    The same logic applies whether you're running it on your local machine by docker-compose or running it on the kubernetes cluster.

    Now: Private Chaincode Lab - 07/27/2021 #cal-notice

    Private Chaincode Lab

    When:
    07/27/2021
    8:00am to 9:00am
    (UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

    Where:
    https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.3?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09

    Organizer: Marcus Brandenburger bur@...

    Two of the Hyperleger Labs projects (private data objects and private chain code) are collaborating to develop a "private smart contracts" capability.

    Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/5184947650?pwd=UE90WHhEaHRqOGEyMkV3cldKa2d2dz09 Meeting ID: 518 494 7650 Passcode: 475869

    Re: Fabric CA renew expired MSP and TLS certificates #fabric-ca #fabric

    neeroz.kumar29@...

    The peer are emitting the error logs as:

    2021-07-27 13:51:11.747 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0e9 Server TLS handshake failed in 1.807206ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.9:49338
    2021-07-27 13:51:12.752 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0ea Server TLS handshake failed in 1.943989ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.9:49342
    2021-07-27 13:51:13.597 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0eb Server TLS handshake failed in 2.445134ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.10:57458
    2021-07-27 13:51:14.259 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0ec Server TLS handshake failed in 1.823318ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.9:49350
    2021-07-27 13:51:14.602 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0ed Server TLS handshake failed in 1.942661ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.10:57466
    2021-07-27 13:51:16.004 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0ee Server TLS handshake failed in 1.763121ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.10:57470
    2021-07-27 13:51:39.750 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0ef Server TLS handshake failed in 1.343504ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.9:49374
    2021-07-27 13:51:40.755 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0f0 Server TLS handshake failed in 1.509497ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.9:49378
    2021-07-27 13:51:41.576 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0f1 Server TLS handshake failed in 1.250642ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.10:57494
    2021-07-27 13:51:42.030 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0f2 Server TLS handshake failed in 980.655µs with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.9:49384
    2021-07-27 13:51:42.581 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0f3 Server TLS handshake failed in 1.999543ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.10:57502
    2021-07-27 13:51:44.130 UTC [core.comm] ServerHandshake -> ERRO 0f4 Server TLS handshake failed in 1.379739ms with error remote error: tls: bad certificate server=PeerServer remoteaddress=172.26.0.10:57504

[...]

    Re: When to deploy production network?

    David Enyeart

    The test network and docker-compose based solutions in general are for education only. Don't think of them as starter networks that you'll extend into a production deployment. You can use test network to learn the basics and iterate on chaincode ideas.
    Most solutions will then move to a POC or pilot solution with distributed peers and orderers where you can practice on your own deployment topology (usually kubernetes based these days) and figure out how you want to deploy chaincodes and on-board participants. This is a challenging step, there is some guidance in the deployment guide - https://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/deployment_guide_overview.html , but many solutions also find it helpful to align with one or more of the commercial offerings that help to deploy and scale Fabric-based solutions.
    After you have gone through that exercise you'll have likely learned some lessons that will guide your eventual production deployment.

    There is no one-size-fits all recommendation for sizing since there is so much variation in solution requirements and throughput. You'll need to test in your own deployment topology with your own applications and workloads.

    Dave Enyeart

    "Nikos Karamolegkos" ---07/26/2021 09:14:52 AM---Hello everybody, I see in HLF documentation some instructions about  deploying the production BC net

    From: "Nikos Karamolegkos" <nkaram@...>
    To: "fabric" <fabric@...>
    Date: 07/26/2021 09:14 AM
    Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Hyperledger Fabric] When to deploy production network?
    Sent by: fabric@...

    Hello everybody, I see in HLF documentation some instructions about
    deploying the production BC network. I am wondering when should I deploy
    the production network? Should I start my deployment using a single
    physical machine as host and base my deployment to the test-network
    instructions and when I develop my chaincodes and decide the final
    structure of the network (orgs, peers, clients) to move to the
    production network?

    Also, if I deploy the network to a single machine are there any proposal
    for the PC requirements (RAM, CPU, storage) in relation to the number of
    organizations, peers, client etc?

    Thank you

    --
    Nikos Karamolegkos
    R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
    Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)

    Re: Fabric CA renew expired MSP and TLS certificates #fabric-ca #fabric

    neeroz.kumar29@...

    Hi Gari,

    To test it out, in the CA config file, i set the expiration to 1h and before the certificates expired i reenrolled the `msp` and `tls cert` again with the `--csr.keyrequest.reusekey` flag in my reenroll command.

    fabric-ca-server-config.yaml
    signing:
    default:
    usage:
    - digital signature
    expiry: 1h
    profiles:
    ca:
    usage:
    - cert sign
    - crl sign
    expiry: 43800h
    caconstraint:
    isca: true
    maxpathlen: 0
    tls:
    usage:
    - signing
    - key encipherment
    - server auth
    - client auth
    - key agreement
    expiry: 1h
    After 1h i tried to submit the transaction using the fabsdk (golang), i was still unable to submit the transaction

    The error response i received
    Failed to get network: Failed to create new channel client: event service creation failed: could not get chConfig cache reference: QueryBlockConfig failed: QueryBlockConfig failed: queryChaincode failed: Multiple errors occurred: - Transaction processing for endorser [localhost:9051]: Endorser Client Status Code: (2) CONNECTION_FAILED. Description: dialing connection on target [localhost:9051]: connection is in TRANSIENT_FAILURE - Transaction processing for endorser [localhost:7051]: Endorser Client Status Code: (2) CONNECTION_FAILED. Description: dialing connection on target [localhost:7051]: connection is in TRANSIENT_FAILURE
    I am not sure whether i have configure the CA server appropriately or not.

    Re: Intro and demo for Minifabric on Tuesday, July 27 at 9am pacific

    David Boswell <dboswell@...>

    Tomorrow, Tuesday, July 27 at 9am pacific, the Hyperledger Media and Entertainment Special Interest Group hosts a discussion and demo with Tong Li about the Minifabric lab.

    For anyone using Fabric or considering using Fabric, Minifabric is a useful tool that helps you to easily setup a Fabric network, expand your network, install and upgrade your own chaincode, invoke transactions, inspect your ledger, and change configurations of your channel.

    Everyone is welcome to attend the call to watch the intro and demo and ask any questions you have.

    If you'd like to add this to your calendar, you can do that at: https://www.linkedin.com/events/anintroductiontominifabric-acce6823267916759220224/

    Thanks,
    David

    On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 2:37 PM David Boswell <dboswell@...> wrote:
    Next Tuesday, July 27 at 9am pacific, the Hyperledger Media and Entertainment Special Interest Group hosts a discussion and demo with Tong Li about the Minifabric lab.

    For anyone using Fabric or considering using Fabric, Minifabric is a useful tool that helps you to easily setup a Fabric network, expand your network, install and upgrade your own chaincode, invoke transactions, inspect your ledger, and change configurations of your channel.

    Everyone is welcome to attend the call to watch the intro and demo and ask any questions you have.

    If you'd like to add this to your calendar, you can do that at: https://www.linkedin.com/events/anintroductiontominifabric-acce6823267916759220224/

    Thanks,
    David

    When to deploy production network?

    Nikos Karamolegkos

    Hello everybody, I see in HLF documentation some instructions about deploying the production BC network. I am wondering when should I deploy the production network? Should I start my deployment using a single physical machine as host and base my deployment to the test-network instructions and when I develop my chaincodes and decide the final structure of the network (orgs, peers, clients) to move to the production network?

    Also, if I deploy the network to a single machine are there any proposal for the PC requirements (RAM, CPU, storage) in relation to the number of organizations, peers, client etc?

    Thank you

    --
    Nikos Karamolegkos
    R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
    Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)

    Re: Question on UTXO

    Gari Singh

    Just seeing this now, but I'd say neither answer is correct, but "a" is closer.
    UTXO stands for  "Unspent Transaction Output", therefore "b" is definitely incorrect.
    Technically, the Inputs for a Bitcoin transaction contain pointers to previous unspent transactions and Outputs contain new unspent transactions.
    So "a" is the closest.

    On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 5:12 AM <picobenguet@...> wrote:
    I am attending a class on Blockchain, and even the instructor is torn on whether the answer to a question is a or b.

    Question : WHAT ARE UTXOS IN A BITCOIN BLOCKCHAIN? *

    a. These form the inputs and outputs for transactions

    b. Transaction output that has already been expended

    Can anyone share their thoughts ?  Thanks

    Hyperledger Blockchain explorer failed to create wallet

    Kimheng SOK

    Dear all,

    I try to install hyperledger blockchain explorer using docker.
    The attach image show an error of failed to create wallet.

    I wonder if anyone know what cause the error? Your response is appreciated.

    Bests,

    Re: new ORG in a seperates machine hyperledger fabric (V2.2) #organizations #hyperledger-fabric #fabric-chaincode #fabric-questions #network

    Chris Gabriel <alaskadd@...>

    Hello,
    byfn is deprecated in v2.2 in favor of test-network.  If you have the VSCode extension for IBM you can run multiple orgs in the IDE by connecting to other nodes on different machines.  Hope this helps.

    On Jul 22, 2021, at 1:03 PM, ilyessv12@... wrote:

    I would like to know how can one do to use the second organization (ORG2) another different machine. and I specify (V: 2.2) because it is completely different from version 1.4

    • (ORG1) on a machine
    • (ORG2) another machine

    I prescribe: these commands do not exist in V 2.2: (byfn.sh) (./byfn.sh generate)...

    My structure:

    folder -bin : ()

    folder -config : (configtx.yaml), (core.yaml), (orderer.yaml)

    folder -network :
    [ folder -configtx : (configtx.yaml)

    folder -docker : (docker-compose-ca.yaml), (docker-compose-couch.yaml), (docker- compose-test-net)

    folder -organiszations :

    [ (ccp-template.yaml)

      folder -cryptogen : (), (), ()

      folder -fabric-ca  : (), (), ()
    ]

    ]

    when I run the script (./network.sh): I manage to create two orgs (1ORG) and (ORG2), I have managed to deploy my chaincode above on the channel (mychannel). But now, what i am looking for is how to be able to do all of this with one (ORG2) on another machine with a simple method.

    The suggestions that I find are on the pages concerning the version (1.4), and I recall that practically all the commands which are on this version are absolutely no longer available on the version (2.2)

    ilyessv12@...

[...]

    Cancelled Event: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere #cal-cancelled

    Cancelled: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere

    This event has been cancelled.

    When:
    Friday, April 9, 2021
    11:00am to 12:00pm
    (UTC-04:00) America/New York
    Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Friday, through Thursday, 29 July 2021

    Where:
    https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

    Organizer: Pam Andrejko pama@...

    Documentation workgroup call.
    Agenda, minutes and recordings :https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/fabric/Documentation+Working+Group

    Join Zoom Meeting
    https://zoom.us/j/6223336701?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

    Meeting ID: 622 333 6701
    Passcode: 475869

    Updated Event: Hyperledger Fabric Documentation Workgroup call - Western hemisphere #cal-invite

    Friday, April 9, 2021
    11:00am to 12:00pm
    (UTC-04:00) America/New York
    Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Friday, through Thursday, 29 July 2021

    Where:
    https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community.backup?pwd=dkJKdHRlc3dNZEdKR1JYdW40R2pDUT09

    Organizer: Pam Andrejko pama@...

    Documentation workgroup call.